Vol. 1 Ch. 9 – Demon Flood (Part 2)
663 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 1 Ch. 9 - Demon Flood (Part 2)

Part #1

Lucinda had entered the room after overhearing what Koizumi and Katsuto had said. Because she and Mikoto Aizawa along with Minami Todoroki, they entered the room that was in clear doubt of Kyoushiro's reason for disappearing.

It filled her rage as no one tried to defend him. Kyoushiro, the person whom which had saved the lives of the heroes despite being forced to do so only. The person that if he had refused he might have been killed for treason by her father's adviser, Welmner.

Lucinda went in as she stomped her feet violently as she went to Katsuto and with her right hand, she slapped his cheeks. Katsuto was dumbstruck as to why he was slap. Lucinda then spoke the reason as tears was forming in her oceanic blue eyes....

 

"Kyoushiro-sama is not what you think he is!!!"

"Lucinda-sama? what are you....."

"He is not like that!! He is not like that at all!!! Neither you nor then knows since you are all self-centered people!!! Kyoushiro is no traitor nor a murderer!!!"

 

The people inside the room fell silent from Lucinda's outburst. Tears were already falling down her cheeks as she was defending the man she loves. The elf queen, Elfianna, watched the future queen of Travestin with soft gaze as she was defending a person that has yet to appear due to a his sudden disappearance.

 

"What do you mean by that? The heroes are in the right you know? Their life as put in danger once because of the black hero you are defending. In addition, that person also was seen attacking one of the innocent heroes that was present in his trial that day. Surely you, a future ruler, have the right to defend your champion, but as a queen that rules over the life of her subjects, Kyoushiro Kagami is a dangerous person"

 

Rizandra just stated the obvious fact she thinks. There were in faults in Kyoushiro's actions. Although those were merely fabricated lies, to those that knows the truth herself, Lucinda was being criticized because of the child was bearing with her womb.

 

"You could only say that since you have feelings for that hero. As a queen, you should not biased those who has the right to defend themselves. A woman's feeling can not be used in this political argument. In fact, it is quite a frivolous act that doesn't even concern the safety of a country. Whether that person is innocent or not, as long as a witness stand to his crimes, Kyoushiro Kagami is doubtfully a criminal"

"You're wrong!! This does not concern the safety if the country, but my feelings for him as a woman!!"

"Like I have said, such act is--"

"That is enough Rizandra-sama"

 

Elfianna had stopped Rizandra from saying any further. It seems that Rizandra had forgotten about the fact that Lucinda was pregnant. She then breathe in deeply and looked Lucinda again. The person she was talking to was already a frail looking mother that has yet to birth the child.

Mikoto was calming Lucinda down as she was being seated by Minami. It look like she was being attended by the two but, the truth was that Mikoto and Minami are close friends of Lucinda.

 

"I have stepped out of my boundaries, I apologize Lucinda-sama"

"It's fine. I just don't want Kyoushiro-sama to be admonished just like that"

 

After Rizandra sincerely apologized to Lucinda, she then bows and seated herself in her respected chair. However, there was something that, caught her attention. It was then that when she finally seated, Rizandra saw Lucinda's tears flowing down. Rizandra was sure that she had not gone that far but, there was a name that Lucinda muttered....

 

"Kyoushiro.....sama?"

[You....of all people.....so noisy....ugh....]

 

It was Kyoushirou's voice from the magic transmission earrings and receiver ring. Hearing the voice of Kyoushirou, Lucinda reflexively flinched and turned back to Mikoto, whom was standing standing behind her. Receiving such look, Mikoto knew what made Lucinda act like that.

 

"Lucinda....Is it?"

"Un, it's him!!"

 

Arianne, Elfianna, Rizandra, Katsuto, Koizumi and the others that were present, looked at them inquisitively. What was happening? I was they thought as they watch Lucinda and Mikoto exchanging relieved gazes.

 

"What's the matter?"

"Minami-san, he responded!!"

"What?!!"

 

Clueless, Minami was more shocked than she thought she would be. For a guy who went missing suddenly, to appear again so suddenly, what kind of mood breaker is he? Minami thought as such as she was hastily questioning Lucinda. However, Elfianna beat her to it.

 

"Lucinda-sama, what have you been doing? It seems that it is quite serious for you to have such relieved face. Also, who is 'him'? Can he be someone you know that we don't even see?"

"E-Eh? U-Uh...."

"Lucinda I think it's fine if we tell them"

"But....!!"

"Ask him then, if its alright or not?"

 

Koizumi and Katsuto was also curious about the guy those three were talking about. Along with Arianne and Rizandra, and all if those present in the room began to encircle, Lucinda, Mikoto and Minami.

The three exchange glances and with that, Lucinda nodded. Of course, she asked permission to Kyoushiro first or he'll yell at her. Although it wasn't one of his threats, Lucinda knew of Kyoushirou's personality.

 

[Do....whatever....you like.....]

 

With a voice filled with pain and anguish, Kyoushiro gave his permission. For a while now, she was worried after hearing Kyoushirou's voice for the first tine after a month. However, clearing the misunderstanding comes first, that, is what she understand.

 

"It is Kyoushiro-sama"

"""What?"""

"Kyoushiro?! H-How?! Where is he?!"

 

For those who doesn't know of how Lucinda was able to know where Kyoushirou was, all of them had stupefied faces. Arianne was desperately asking Lucinda. However, Lucinda couldn't explain since most of the people inside the meeting room was around her.

 

"Hm? Those accessories of yours....."

"Un, these are what makes me able to communicate with Kyoushirou-sama. He just contacted me just now and it seems he is hurt in some way"

"What?!! If you had such item, you could have contacted him far more early!! What is this farce?! Tell me next human queen!!"

 

The beast king snapped and began roaring at Lucinda. Mikoto defended her with [Order of the king] skill and ordered the king silent. The skill was effective in those non-human type beasts. As such, the beast king doesn't fall under the category of being a human that the skill worked on him so well.

 

"Lucinda has been doing that for the past month!! Don't you see how much she lost after doing that everyday? She's been pouring magic power into that thing so that she can talk to Kyoushiro-kun!! Don't talk like you can understand such thing!!"

"Gunununu....."

"That is enough Domant-sama. It is as she says. If she could have contacted the black hero far more early, then she wouldn't have gone through all the trouble coming to this place"

 

Then, 'by the way, can I please borrow it?' is what the queen added as she directed a smile to Lucinda. Though she hesitated for a bit, Lucinda reluctantly handed over the earrings and rings. She added the know how of using it as well. Rizandra examined the accessories first and after she gave the 'okay' Elfianna wore it. Rizandra had taken out something from her rings and placed on the huge table that was used for the meeting. The good thing was that, they were on break so doing such thing was not a problem.

The thing that was taken out was a magic machine that had a large magic ball on the middle. Few cords of different colors were hooked on the magic ball and a vertical rectangle with a magic circle carved on it. It was a weird device that the other worlders had seen for the first time. Rizandra then added....

 

"This my country's newest research development, Image transmission device"

 

Oh, so it was some sort of phone then--- Is what the other worlders were thinking as they watched Elfiana placed the earrings on top of a metal plate that was connected to the magic image transmission device that Rizandra proudly presented.

 

"With this we can all here the black hero clearly"

 

After that was added, Elfianna poured her magic power onto the device, which glow in a pale bluish mixed with green light. The device activates with a mechanized sound 'Zzuunn' as the magic image transmission device was working.

 

[Keho...... ugh....]

 

It was then they heard Kyoushirou's voice loud and clear. However, it seems that Kyoushiro was in deep pain. The crystal ball did not display any image since the place where Kyoushirou was very dark.

 

"""Kyoushirou/-sama/-kun/!!!"""

 

Reflexively, the three girls, Lucinda, Arianne and Mikoto dashes in front of the device, calling out Kyoushiro's name. But, the other side didn't like such thing...

 

[You people are noisy..... my head feels ground meat right now so quiet....keho.....down...]

"Kyoushiro-sama, where are you right now?! Are you safe?!"

[Aah....hardly though.... I'm using my [Magic Seer] skill to see in the dark somewhat....but my body can't move for a while]

"Body can't move?! Did something happen to you?!"

[Can't say.....all I can remember is that I fell after a cave in happen back at the plaza....after that....]

"That....?"

[The demon god showed up......]

""""""""!!!!!""""""""

 

All people present in the room gasped. Did he just say, Demon god? No, that's impossible, such thing.......

Nobody can't put to words what they were thinking. That was why the elf queen took the initiative and introduced herself to Kyoushiro.

 

"Excuse me, Kyoushiro Kagami-sama was it? I'm  Elfianna Litre Parcelous, i'm the elf queen that rules over the west part of the continent. Right now, we have put out a device that could help us here you clearly and see as well. But, right now that is impossible since the display is pitch dark"

[Elf queen....? Wait, where's Arianne right now, is she with you? Also, could you explain the 'we can hear an see you' part?]

"Gladly..."

 

After a few minutes of explanation, Kyoushiro finally understood the situation. Hearing about a demon lord with 5 million demonic beasts in tow and the situation that led Arianne to ask for help in the 9 royal council, Kyoushiro could not avoid feeling dissatisfied and worried. Hearing those things, Kyoushiro felt his face cramped a little.

 

"That is the situation"

[Understood, but make sure to return what you borrow to Lucinda after this. Ah, never mind.... For now all I cam say i'm  still safe but I can't still move my body. After that damn demon god almost crushed my body, i'm a bit paralyzed right now. Furthermore, it seems that the curse mark on my right arm is violently acting up]

"Eh?! A-Are you alright Kyoushiro?!"

[Still fine. However, I doubt that I might not make it back till the fight against 5 million Demonic beast started. I might lose control if I leave this place so just to be safe....]

"No!!"

 

Lucinda was shocked and was unable to respond. Whereas, it was Arianne that tried to stop Kyoushiro's recklessness. They were not sure what to say but, they had knowledge about the curse that was inflicted on Kyoushiro after he was summoned together with the 17 chosen heroes.

 

"Don't say something like that Kyoushiro-sama!!! If, if that were to happen then I....."

[Don't worry Lucinda. It's only a 'what if' so, things goes smoothly, I might return back to the surface]

"You don't understand Kyoushiro-kun"

[N? Is this Aizawa? So you were there as well]

 

Was he just feigning ignorance? It was sure that Mikoto also called out his name earlier? Nevermind, that aside is what Mikoto was thinking. Kyoushiro is now available and the fact that he has been unreachable for sometime now, the connection might be lost later. That is why, Mikoto was about to take the opportunity and tell Kyoushiro that situation that.....

 

"Kyoushiro-kun, Lucinda is pregnant"

[. . . . . .]

"You're the father so don't say such horrible things like dying, you here"

 

Kyoushiro could not help but fell silent. Was Lucinda bearing such thing? But, it only has been for a several days since they parted from each other. Plus, it was only one time. No, it was twice in different time sections. Umu, that result is inevitably possible.

Kyoushiro felt he just have to accept it but, something felt out of place somehow...

 

[I'll properly take responsibility for that later. For now, tell me how many days I have been missing. Since from earlier after the elf queen explained everything to me, it felt that a long time passed since then....I, was gone only for a day right?]

"No, you have been gone for a complete month Kagami-dono"

[A month..... Avfritzed did definitely say she took a 'considerable amount of my time'......But I didn't think she meant this....]

"Then, the time you knew only that passed was...."

[Only a day]

 

Kyoushiro only experienced what he thought he did experienced. The place he was held was a special place that has different time axis from where he had been before. In there, only a day has passed, but out there one month already passed.

It was certainly and amount of time that a demon god could manipulate freely. Avfritzed did certainly took a considerably amount of time from Kyoushiro, he felt bitter to not noticed that.

 

[Thanks for the info. For now, have some people buy sometime until I can come back. If the heroes are usable, the use them. Add the magic particle beam cannon as well. It can only fire three shots since I haven't finish it, so be careful since the last shot may destroy the cannon completely. You can use it by pouring Mp in it so it's easy to use]

"You make sounds so easy you know Kagami"

[Hoh~ So you're there as well Makoto? Try and help out a bit. I'll pay you later so don't worry]

"I ain't a damn waiter so that you can order now and pay later you know"

[Don't care. Keep the monsters busy until I can get out from this place. I'm gaining the feelings of my limbs now so I can probably move sooner or later. I'll use whatever I have here so make sure to keep them at bay alright]

"Like I said 'Don't make it sounds so easy'"

[Hah.... I'm running low on Mp here so see ya later]

 

After that, the line was cut off. It sure meant that Kyoushiro was out of magic power. For now, Arianne, Lucinda, and Mikoto all heaved a really deep sigh. They were now relief about knowing that Kyoushiro was safe somehow.

On the other hand, the few leaders wore troubled faces. It was in fact about the demon god abducting one of the heroes. Although the intentions remained a mystery, it was the fact that the demon god was acting greatly involved in the current situation. Elfianna and Rizandra both stared at the device that was just used earlier.

In their minds were the troubling facts about the demon god and also the location of Kyoushiro. The device was made to be used as either a phone or a computer. For the beings of this world that doesn't know their device's function, the haven't thought such things yet. For now, they have confirmed Kyoushiro's safety however, the place were he was brought remained unknown. They have to find Kyoushiro but the 5 million demonic beasts won't just wait. They have to put that into priority first. After all, the present is what matters than what happens afterwards. Right now, Elfianna put priority in the march of demonic beasts. As such, she put the order of using the magic ship 'Phirous' once again to carry the heroes, Arianne, and herself to command some of her forces.

Rizandra would help as well but, the wastelands were far away from the sea. As such, those who were only can fight properly in land was taken. Rizandra won't come since she would be going back to her country later on. Domant and the other rulers went back to their respective rooms after the meeting.

Right now, Lucinda was with Mikoto and Minami. Inside Lucinda's room where the three of them were leisurely having tea. However, this was not the room within the secret palace where the former 8 royal council was using but inside the flying ship of the elves 'Phirous'.

Currently, the ship was flying fast towards the wastelands. Along with the previous three were Elfianna, Koizumi and Katsuto and lastly, Arianne. The flight was bumpy due to air current was rough due to some storm brewing on the western plains of the continent. Gryphons and other flying beasts were flying near as well and because of that, expecting smooth travel was impossible. After they heard about Kyoushirou' safety, the group headed towards the wastelands immediately. This was due to the Demon Lord kakal advancing. There was no time to waste after all but, due to the location of Ambrosia, the flight will be delayed by two more days. Elfianna ordered the dispatch of her Elven Knights after the contact with Kyoushirou. This was to ensure the safety of that land and the use of the magic armament that Kyoushiro made to use for the 5 million army.

 

"So then, now that we know that kyoushiro is safe, we're going there to find him huh?"

 

Next to Lucinda was Minami who was wearing long white robe that most of the healers in Travestin were wearing. It had a sublime design that makes it rather different from other robes that can be seen in Travestin. It was her own modified version that had a magic girl them to it.

She asked that since her and Mikoto will be joining Koizumi and Katsuto in the battle as supports. Though searching for Kyoushiro was fine, the war was definitely at hand. Making a search party would just hinder them uselessly.

 

"That is something i'd like to do first but......"

 

Mikoto was the same as Minami. The safety of thousands was on the line. Moreover, it was a demon lord that was leading them. In all honesty, she wishes to prioritize Kyoushiro's safety but the place where he built his base would be destroyed along with people in it. Mikoto was madly in love with kyoushiro like Lucinda so the making the choice was hard for her as well.

 

"I wish to search for Kyoushiro-sama as well, but I would like to put the safety of the kingdom, Ambrosia, a priority. It would be best to believe in Kyoushiro-sama so let us concentrate on keeping Ambrosia safe"

"Wait, you're fighting as well Luce-chan?"

"Yes, I would like to help the two of you after all"

"Well, it's not like i'm stopping you but, is it really fine? Your condition is just...."

 

It was plainly obvious that Lucinda was unfit for the battle. As expected, her friends, Minami and Mikoto were worried about their friend.

 

"N.... I know about that but I still want to help in anyway I can"

 

However, Lucinda was resolute in lending a hand in the approaching battle. Be it as a healer or anything, Lucinda was prepared to help her friends in any way she can.

 

"Are you sure? Kyoushiro-kun might not like it"

"If that's the case then he should just come to me and scold me hehe"

 

Lucinda was definitely expecting Kyoushiro to get mad but only shrugged it as a joke. Although Mikoto was seeing it in that way, Minami was seeing kyoushiro doing that in a different way. It would seem like the thought of Minami, seeing kyoushiro yelling at Lucinda angrily with a knock on her head seemed really possible.

 

"Lucinda-sama? Can I please enter your room?"

 

It was then that Elfianna, the elf queen knocked on the door. After the queen knocked, Lucinda replied with a 'yes' then proceeded to open the door. But, Mikoto stopped her from doing so by holding her down. Instead, she stood from her seat and opened the door herself.

 

"Mikoto-sama was here as well?"

"Yes, we were just talking about our plans after this"

 

While leading Elfianna to an open seat after closing the door, Mikoto explanined so while she returned to her seat.

 

"Is that so? Then, can I please join in as well?"

"N? Why? it isn't important though? We were just talking about things normal girls would talk"

 

It was just nonsensical things like 'girl talk' that high school girls would do. Even for girl like Elfianna, it was something a queen like her wouldn't like to hear. After all, as a queen of the elven race, doing such thing was just a waste of time....

 

"Fufufu~ Even though i'm a strict queen that rules over the continent's western forests, I too have whims to listen to such things"

"Erm...O-Okay then...."

 

Although weirded out, Mikoto explained what they were talking about since earlier. Elfianna was having eyes filled with expectations that only a child nurtured inside the walls would have as she listened to stories about Kyoushiro's life back in their world and in this one.

It was well written in both Lucinda's and Mikoto's faces the fondness of their stories about the man they love. Accompanied by Minami's tsukommi's it was a rather lively talk. Queen Elfianna was listening rather curiously, it was something that felt wrong when Minami and Mikoto, whose used to seeing the strict queen, now act like a curious child.

 

"Then? what happens after that?"

 

Seeing Elfianna like that, Minami couldn't help but ask.

 

"U-Um.... Elfianna-sama, i'm not trying to be rude but, can I ask what are you doing here?"

"Hm? Am I not welcome?"

"N-Nothing of the sort!! It's just that..... all their talking about is Kyoushiro so I thought you might be bored right now"

 

Certainly, it was like that. Mikoto and mostly Lucinda were happily praising Kyoushiro's facial expressions and clumsy acts back in their world. It was obvious enough that their feelings for Kyoushiro was weirdly strong. Strong enough to make Minami stay out of the room as the two were talking. But, it was normal for Minami to stay since she was Mikoto's best friend. However, for Elfianna, the queen of the elves, it was something so out of place that even Minami felt wrong about it....

 

"Hm.... Well, to be honest. I hardly have any time to talk leisurely like this. Though it is a dire time, I want experience things like this at least once"

"Then, couldn't you just talk to Rizandra-sama? You both seemed close after all"

"Haha, that may be true but, can you even imagine that oh-so-serious queen talk about something like the man she is interested in? Although she hasn't chosen her king yet, it would be hard to imagine her saying 'I like it when he smiles at me' with a smile on her face"

 

The scene were Rizandra, gossiping was truly something not worth seeing. It would be like seeing the most creepy doll smile. Well, although empress Rizandra is such a person, her beauty can be expected as god like level. Just like Elfianna, Rizandra too was a beauty to be hold. Though the only problem was that the person herself was an expressionless lass. Rizandra has light green wavy long hair. She has fins as the shape of her ears, crystalline like sparkle on her scales of a skin that seems like human skin. With her pearly white skin accompanied by a small nose and round blue eyes, and her small stature, it was like seeing the most beautiful doll in this world.

That may be the case but Rizandra was already over 200 years old. Despite such young beauty, her expressionless face was something that the men in her domain yearn for. Elfianna was her childhood friend it seems so she has such impression towards Rizandra.

 

"W-Well....It is true that Rizandra-sama is expressionless but she is still cute. If I were to here speak like that, it'd be like seeing a little girl admitting her feelings to her crush"

"Fufu~ that is so. I would like to such face as well"

 

With a small laugh, Elfianna imagines such reaction from Rizandra and considered something that would be cute. Disagreeing with Minami's interpretation. On the other side, unknown to the ladies, Rizandra sneezed which her servants gave her a towel to wipe her snot.

.

.

.

.

 

7