Vol.1 Ch. 11 – The Dark colored army…
676 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol.1 Ch. 11 – The Dark colored army…

PART #1

 

There was an army right in front of the Elves that was sent by the Queen of elves, Elfiana Litre Parcelous; they are known as the Dark army. They are a mixed of races, from elves to demi-humans, there was even some demon kind there as well.

Unlike the Elven army that was sent as part of the rescue army, the Dark army was made from the very people of Ambrosia. They are the people, whom the other races regarded as demon-spawns. Cursed with dark hair and eyes, with disregard of gender or races, as long as they bare such color, they are Demon-spawns; the shadow of the Demon God.

However, the elves could not believe the great difference between them. It wasn’t how people view them or how they are currently living their lives. It was the great difference with their power.

The Dark army was wearing leather armors died in black. Black long capes, bracers, boots, padding and shields; almost all what they were wearing were died in black. However, that wasn’t all. The weapons they were all holding were all high class. The Knights divisions in the forefront were holding long-swords enchanted with the best of the best’s magic circuits that increased its sharpness, toughness and slicing ability.

The Archers Division on towers was wielding crossbows and bows made from the best materials of wood and arrows made from the essence of magic itself. The most eye catching features of their bows and crossbows were that they are all magically enchanted. Each time they pulled the quiver, invisible arrows made up of all elements could be fired. That is how special their equipment was.

Lastly, the Magic Division that consists of both mages and healers, they were given wands and staffs that granted with the outmost great degree of special gems. Not only did it allow spells to be conjured in high accuracy and speed, the power of its spells is all in another level. It was as if, the Dark army as a whole was made to be the most powerful army of all.

Even though their number was merely below 500…

 

“I can’t believe that there is such army existing in this world”

 

One of the Elf captains of the Elf relief army exclaimed so above his white steed.

The reason why he said that was because out of all the army that he had seen, the Dark army was cut above the rest. Their equipment was way more powerful than any army and their levels were all on the 3-digit number line.

Even in the Elf country, the only people that had such high levels were the current heroes in their countries, Mikoto Aizawa and Minami Todoroki.

 

Right now, the highest level personnel in the Elf Relief Army was the High commander Durif Elca Dragonwood. Durif was the one that was currently overseeing the formation of the relief army of the elves and the dark army of Ambrosia.

He was positioned at the back in order to send various instructions to the army. Arianne provided them with the communication magic artifact that Kyoushiro made in case a war would suddenly appear out of nowhere. This was to ensure the security of the whole nation of Ambrosia with the strictness level of a military country.

The artifact was distributed to one member of each squad in order for the orders from Durif to reach them. It was an advantage greatly favored their army.

 

The heroes, Koizumi Makoto and Katsuto Sairenji was given a pair as well and was now currently in the front lines of the army. Fortunately though, the two was in their tip top shape, if not the army would fall immediately.

Mikoto and Minami were currently together in the rear. Because both of their skills were mainly for support only, they took the Durif’s orders to stay in the rear and support the Magic Division and Archer division in case some monsters were to slip into the gaps of the army. Luckily, there was barrier put up around the entire capital of Ambrosia.

It was the previous barrier that once stood as the shield of Aurolius in the past. Kyoushiro made temporary repairs on it in the past so now it was working. Still, the barrier would only last for a while and if too much strain were to put on the barrier, it would break. Because of that, half of the army was outside the barrier to reduce the influx of monsters to a bare minimum.

Though, it would still take too much toll on the army’s strength just to keep the other monsters at bay.

 

“They’re here…”

 

One of the Dark army’s soldier uttered so.

Just a few distances away from him, the figures of wasteland monsters can be seen rushing towards them. Poison Coyotes, Rock-scaled rattle snakes, Stone-armored Tortoise, Thick-scaled lizards, Gryphons, Manticores and many more were baring their fangs against the Dark army and the Elf Relief army.

But, instead of fearing those monsters, the Dark army all pulled out their weapons from their scabbard and yelled out their hearts.

“OOOUUUU!!!!” was the heartfelt shouts both the army yelled.

“Katsuto, this will be our first fight so make sure to stay on guard and don’t lose your cool”

 

Next to the large bodied Katsuto Sairenji was his friend Koizumi Makoto. The Lancer, Koizumi Makoto, is a good-looking young man with a natural light brown colored hair and brown eyes. He is one their class well desired male to be dated by the girls in their schools in their world. Still, despite how good-looking he was, he turned down all confession that was directed at him granting him the title “Love hunter” by his classmates.

On the other hand, Katsuto was a large built young man that was part of the Martial arts club in their school. His hair was naturally dark brown that he had inherited from his father while his blue eyes were inherited from his grandmother’s ancestors. It seems that his mother’s side had foreign blood from westerners before.

 

“Hmph, as if this would make me feel scared”

“Hahaha… I wish I have that attitude of yours…”

 

Katsuto merely puffed his chest out as he grinding his metal gauntlets at each other. The Mythic grade gauntlets [Meteor Fist – Great Bull] was one of the treasures found in Rizandra Ious Silphenm had gave out and since Katsuto can use almost all kinds of weapons thanks to his absurdly talent as a martial artist, Rizandra gave him the mythic grade gauntlets [Meteor Fist – Great Bull].

Koizumi’s weapon was a mythic grade weapon as well. Since his class was a “Lancer”, Rizandra presented him the [The spear Longinus] which could be said as a god-killing weapon in this world.

 

“Don’t act like that Makoto I know what you truly feel right now”

Katsuto smirked as he easily could tell the real expression under Koizumi’s poker face mask. To that, Koizumi sighed and simply grinned as he can’t help but accept that Katsuto was truly his best friend.

 

“You really know me well, Katsuto kukuku”

“As if that sadistic personality of yours will disappear just like that you bastard”

 

Katsuto lightly hit Koizumi’s shoulder.

 

“Fuu… That aside”

“What is it?”

“Arianne-sama is really beautiful”

 

Dumbfounded, Koizumi remained silent due to what Katsuto on the battlefield with a straight face.

 

 

PART #2

The battle begun as the monsters and the Dark army along with the Elf Relief Army clashed. Koizumi was flashily mowing down the demonic beasts and magic beast altogether with his [Spear of Longinus].

Large saber tooth tigers were being pierced one by one with Koizumi’s spear wielding skill <Rapid Thrust>, causing blood to rain on the battlefield and slowly dying the dried up wasteland red.

One 3 m long and large white viper suddenly lunged it’s fangs towards Koizumi, but Koizumi was able to dodged that attack by jumping up with the end of [Spear of Longinus]’s butt hitting the ground.

As he leaped, Koizumi pulled up the spear and unleashed <Thousand Needles> skill and turned the 3m long and large white viper into Swiss cheese. The earth below him turned into beehives as well but Koizumi ignored that and rushed to help lessen the 5 million demonic and magic beast army.

Koizumi then ran and met up with the first group of the Dark army. However, in contrast to what he had expected, they were not even struggling on fighting the monsters around them.

The six member group was calmly killing monsters and defending themselves. At the front were two bear demi-human with black fur. The two were using large axes as they were crushing Poison Coyotes and Rock-shelled Tortoise. Behind them was a dark haired elf woman, she was using a large bow while standing on top of a demon kind dark skinned ogre.

Each arrow of the black haired elf woman was piercing through the heads of monsters with an unbelievable accuracy. It was as if she had a cross-hair planted on her pupils.

What’s more, the arrows she was firing were all made off magic that came from the bow itself. Flame arrows turned her targets to ashes, Ice arrows froze her targets and Air made arrows accurately pierced through two or three monsters in one shot.

It was a one-sided fight so much that Koizumi doesn’t see the Dark army needing any help.

The other two behind the black skinned ogre and the black haired elf woman were a dark hair and eyed old man and black furred wolf type demi-human. The human male was suing sword skills to sever and cleave through the thick skin of Mad ogres and Chaos prime apes while the wolf-type demi-human was using his sinister looking gauntlets to cut through the vines of man-eating fly traps. The pair was doing combo moves that immediately mowed the monsters away from their party members.

Slowly, the space between them and the monsters enlarged. Koizumi could not move from where he stood as he watched the Dark army turned almost 50 monsters into grounded meat and mangled corpses.

Even how he compared the state of the Elves unable to kill saber tooth tigers with large numbers, the strength of each individual within the Dark army was too much to even measure.

Did Kyoushiro make all their equipment by himself? Just how strong the boosts do his equipment gives to the user?

Koizumi questioned the reality in front of him.

 

Actually, the effects on the equipment that the Dark army was wearing were not as great as Koizumi had thought. Even how the equipment was made with ordinary materials, no one knows the truth other than the creator himself.

Indeed, the equipment each soldier of the Dark army were magically imbued with great magic effects but the reason why the soldiers were so strong was because of their own skills and experiences. Each member of the Dark army were people exiled from the world, they were made to live in a place plagued with strong monsters and horrible rulers. Because of the numerous times they were attacked with dangerous monsters, because each of them was treated the same way as the others, they all have unity with each other.

It was a trait that made the elves weaker than the mixed raced army of Ambrosia.

 

Still though, the numbers of monsters were great. Even with Koizumi and Katsuto joined up with the fray, 5 million was too great of a number. The two heroes still needed to save up some strength just in case the demon lord appeared, due to that the time to kill each monsters were just getting longer.

 

But, just as Koizumi was about to rushed towards the front once again after witnessing something that made his spirit fall out of his body, another surged of monsters was charging towards them.

Katsuto was still helping the elves to kill the monsters so he was still occupied. Even with Koizumi being there, even with how strong his attacks were fighting a horde instantly was too much for him. He has a long ranged attack but that would require a large amount of MP to be used. His does have another long range skill but it could only be used on one monster each.

Seeing the horde of monsters that consists of earth dragons, Storm birds, Paralytic moths, 4 m hornets and Earth eaters, Koizumi’s cheeks cramped up.

 

However…

 

*Hyuu~!!*

A sound like some arrow was shot was heard throughout the battlefield coming from behind the front lines.

 

“W-What the!?”

 

But the thing that caught Koizumi’s attention wasn’t a single arrow, but a whole rain of it.  A volley of multi colored arrows was fired over the horde of the upcoming monsters. The rain of arrows that was fired immediately fell directly on the monsters.

Did they predict them coming? Koizumi was thinking such thing.

Then, as the arrows fell one by one, a loud roaring sound echoed throughout the battlefield.

 

*Rododododododododododododododododododododododo!!!*

 

It was like the sound of a rapidly firing machine gun but the after effects were not streams of light but large explosions comparable to an Anti-tank grenade launcher. This made clouds of dusts formed where the monster horde was running earlier.

 

“Just what the hell is up with this army…?”

 

Was the only thing that Koizumi could say as he watched the dust clouds just a few meters away from him, disappearing and showed the effects of the fired volley of arrows.

 

 

PART #3

High Elf Commander, Durif Elca Dragonwood, was one of the most trusted aides of the Elf Queen Elfianna Litre Parcelous. Because of his long history of war achievements and also one of the long recorded commanders in the elven country, he was the most trusted commander in their kingdom.

Durif was born from a wealthy noble elf family. His grandfather was a well-known Elf knight and his grandmother was a famous elder in their community. Being the grandchild of two heroes like figures in their country, Durif swore to himself that he would be the strongest and wisest elven commander in their kingdom.

After growing up and witnessing countless wars between the elves and other races, Durif was sure that the Elves was one of the most powerful country in the world because they have the most advanced weapons in the world.

However, with what he has witnessed in this country of demon-spawns, Durif had sunk down on his chair as he has melted into it.

 

“Just what the hell is up with this country!?”

 

Durif yelled as he watched the battle unfolding in front of a 3D projection of the battlefield inside the command room.

The command room was just 40 sq. m size room but the inside was so wide that it could fit three class rooms altogether. At the very center of the room was a large round table and at the center of that table was a transparent sphere that was revolving in an axis.

There, the battle was unfolding. The site where the monsters were and the where the Archers fired their magic arrows, was playing live inside the sphere.

It was a machine that never in a million years existed inside the Elven country.

 

“Those weapons, that equipment, these machines… Just how powerful is this country!? Do they even need our help to begin with!?”

 

Besides the equipment the Dark army was using, just how was the 3D projector sphere was projecting the battlefield outside Ambrosia? The distance from the command center was well about 1000 kilometers away. Even by a magically enchanted scope would only reach 1/10th of that.

Durif was conflicted whether Ambrosia was truly in a need of help to begin with. After all, with how strong the Dark Army was and how advance their technology was, the aid from the Elven country would be unneeded.

 

In actuality, Kyoushiro made the hundreds of 5 cm drones that were connected with the 3D projector sphere. They were made with special materials that was created through <Mineral Processing> and <Metal Forging>.  The drones were scattered through the sky and with the special battery that powers them, they are almost infinitely recording everything they see.

Even Arianne wasn’t told about its creation. It was something that could make the power balances of the world tilt towards one direction. Now, it was used against an army of demonic and magic beasts that us under the control of the 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

Durif could not believe how much applications such machine could give to the entire world.

And the one behind such machine was none other than the famed black hero, Kyoushiro Kagami.

 

-This is Archer group Alpha, the next wave has been annihilated-

 

The speaker underneath the 3D projector sphere echoed so.

 

-Mage Unit group Enigma, commencing healing allied soldiers-

-Sword Unit group Fauna, we have completely cleaned the up the first wave. Requesting material collection-

 

Such the words that came after; Durif was out of his wits of how all of those communication devices were working. It was without a doubt state of the art but how everything was moving far easier than expected, send chills down Durif’s spine.

 

“Durif-dono, the battle has been progressing finely”

 

Three seats away from Durif on his left side was Black maned lion and eyes, he wore a military garb but his large built made it look like the suit itself was on the verge of tearing. He was one the Demon-spawn that Kyoushiro appointed as one of his generals, Black lion; Black Wrath.

Back when Kyoushiro first arrived at Ambrosia, Wrath faced Kyoushiro in a duel to prove that he was the superior being that should rule in Ambrosia. Taking such challenge head on and without really caring about it that much, Kyoushiro accepted the fight and magnificently won.

It was a one strike duel that decided the fight.

Yet, compared to how large and strong Wrath was, Kyoushiro still one with one punch. It is a story worth telling but for now that would put aside till later.

 

“Y-Yes… That is so, Wrath-dono”

“It’s Kuro, Durif-dono”

 

Kuro corrected Durif about the way he was calling Kuro. Though it seemed rude to be called with a name that suit an animal, Durif surrendered and just followed what Kuro said.

By the way, Kuro’s real name was “Lyon Saber” but because of the rule of the demi-humans, those who lost from a duel he himself requested, he must be ready to be named by the one that defeated him.

The naming was forced, Kyoushiro felt awkward just too call Lyon “Kuro” as well since it felt like naming a dog rather than a lion.

 

“T-Then Kuro-dono, about the current progress…”

“Please be at ease, my master’s men won’t falter in such adversary”

 

Was that trust or just his pride talking? Durif wasn’t sure since Kuro’s face doesn’t change as much.

 

“The equipment given by master is the best among the rest. What’s more, all of the people here in Ambrosia are all experienced in battle. We’ve all been in this place ever since the noble that ran away disappeared”

 

The scene in the sphere changed. There, a group of Rabbit type demi-human was excellently killing large Desert hounds with one strike using their curved daggers smeared with poison. The poor Desert Hounds fell limply then convulsed before they died.

Another scene shifted and a group of Rat type demi-humans were aiding the rescue of the fallen Elves and skillfully avoiding attacks from both allies and monsters.

The skill to that degree of evading was astonishing; it was like those Rat type demi-humans don’t have any bones. Such scene was being played in the 3D projector sphere with such clarity.

 

“They were trained with the high most order of survival and rescue. They won’t be dying just like that”

“O-Ou… That seems so”

 

Durif could only agree with that with half-closed eyes.

 

“Now then, it seems that our guest have arrived”

 

Kuro stood from his seat and went to the door.

 

“Welcome Arianne-sama and Lucinda-sama, I welcome you to his majesty’s command room”

 

As Kuro opened the door with utmost elegance and also grace, the two Queens that has direct relations with Kyoushiro entered the command room with surprised eyes.

The reason why even Arianne was shocked was because this was the first time she had known about the command room inside the castle. Furthermore, due to her being away most of the time for a while now, she hardly returned home. With how things were busy for her, Kyoushiro took the liberty of training the Dark army, making surveillance equipment and also making the command room itself.

Kyoushiro took almost all control in Ambrosia’s recuperation. That was why almost all in Ambrosia see Kyoushiro as the king rather than a hero himself. The title suited him anyway and because of the people in Ambrosia enjoyed how Kyoushiro was annoyed being called “His Majesty” they stuck to calling him that.

Kuro liked to call Kyoushiro “His Majesty” so it became like a nickname to him.

 

“Eh? Lyon-san, where is this…?”

“It is Kuro, your highness”

 

Was that even necessary? Durif wanted to say that but the Queens of Ambrosia and Travestin were right in front of him. Being disrespectful towards the two might disrupt the current relationship between them and his Queen, Elfianna. That was why he chose to shut up and stayed quiet.

 

“Good work bringing them here, Aqua, Marine”

 

Kuro thanked the twin black haired and eyed maids behind Arianne and Lucinda. They were one of the fox type demi-human that was exiled from their homes. Right now, they were appointed as Kyoushiro’s personal assistants and also Kuro’s right and left hands. They were efficient in moving in the shadows; what’s more they both work well together. Kuro likes them for some odd reason he too don’t understand himself while Kyoushiro just sees them as something like a convenient tool to use.

However, the twin doesn’t know that.

 

“No, they are his majesty’s important people so it is only natural to abduct them”

“Yes”

 

“No-no-no, that isn’t natural” was how Kuro’s expression was showing.

 

“Ah, we have brought her highness Elfianna as well”

“Yes”

 

Appearing right behind the two was the beautiful elf queen of the Elf country. Her face was exasperated and her green tube gown was disheveled. It was like she ran all the way to the command room with how tired looking she was.

Kuro smiled bitterly at the twins.

 

“You two…”

“Ah… we carried Arianne-sama and Lucinda-sama. But because we can’t carry two people we just had her ran with us”

“…Yes”

 

It seems that even the Elf queen could not in from the high-speed running of the two girls of the fox tribe.

 

 

5