Vol. 1 Ch. 12 – The Black king…
640 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 1 Ch. 12 – The Black king…

PART #1

After helping Elfianna fixed herself, the twin fox type demi-human, Rea and Lea brought Elfianna back to the command room and this time they did not run since there was a spare room inside the command room.

Then, with the three Queens seated in front of the revolving sphere that shows various scenes in the battlefield, Kuro finally explained the situation to the two of them.

 

“Elfianna-sama, Lucinda-sama and Arianne-sama, with how the battle has progressing it won’t be too long before the 9th Demon Lord, Kakal, arrive”

 

The 5 million army of demonic and magical beast have slowly being reduced to mere thousands, even the corpses on the battlefield have been piling up splendidly. However, because of such progress, the time when the Demon Lord would appear was closing in.

Even with how much preparations or rest the soldiers can do right now, it won’t be too long before everyone’s morale collapse. Kyoushiro has yet to appear as well, being that the case; they would be forced to rely on the four heroes that are currently in the battlefield right now.

Mikoto was taking control of stray monsters and having them support the allied army in order to lessen their burden. Minami was tending to the wounded soldiers that were rescued from the battlefield by the rescue squadron that was made up of the rat type demi-humans.

Everything was proceeding smoothly. However, it won’t be long till all of it collapse.

 

“This is not known by Arianne-sama but the potion stock that his majesty have save up for this kind of situation is about to ran out.”

 

The reason why no one in the Archer Division and in the Mage Division has yet to run out of MP was because they were being regulated by continuous flow of MP potions that came from Kyoushiro’s stocks. The HP potions or the recovery potions were given to the wounded soldiers of both the Dark army and Elf Relief army. Because of that, now one has died yet.

They weren’t such perfect army that wouldn’t get wounded. They all have their flaws and screw ups, it was obvious that a few gut opening attacks from the enemy would appear here and there by now.

They all have limited stamina as well, there would be appoint in time that they’d received some damaged as well.

 

“Why was I not informed of this?”

“It was his majesty’s job to restock but due to him working on other jobs like overseeing the reconstruction, making plots of lands to be planted with rice and vegetables, training the army, making the army of the army and building canal ways underground, there was no time for him to restock. Even with the his students present, no one could make potions as fast as him”

 

“Uuu…” Arianne felt that something caught in her throat as she listened to Kuro’s complaints. It was something that Arianne knew very well and was the cause of Kyoushiro’s cold.

The one who oversee everything in Ambrosia was Kyoushiro; everyone felt that Kyoushiro was the true ruler of Ambrosia than Arianne was since she was always away due to business.

Even Kuro felt sad due his master being over work by Arianne, a person that could be seen as the Queen of Ambrosia.

 

“W-Well, it couldn’t be help. There was various things happening before I had to leave it all to Kyoushiro”

“Haah… Please do treat his majesty with care your highness, even as his wife, you cannot be neglected with how you take care of him. His majesty was always complaining you know?”

 

“Somehow… the topic shifted” was Durif’s expression was saying at that time.

 

“W-Wait!! M-Me and Kyoushiro aren’t married yet!! He isn’t my husband; he is Lucinda-sama’s!!”

 

Hearing that, Kuro’s eyes widened in surprised. That was normal after all; he didn’t know any other woman besides Arianne that was near Kyoushiro. Also Kyoushiro almost never talked about his self almost now one in Ambrosia about the truth between Arianne and Kyoushiro.

Still though, was that “yet” really necessary? Elfianna and Durif both felt something menacing coming out of Lucinda’s shoulders. Even her smile seemed cold enough to turn the whole room in ice.

 

“It seems that something has happened while I, the one true wife, am not present with my husband?”

“A-Ah… F-Forgive me Lucinda-sama that was very wrong of me”

“Fufu~ It is fine after all I am not the only one that loves Kyoushiro-sama, there is Mikoto-sama and also well… Minami-sama”

 

“Then, was that even worth getting angry about?” Kuro was showing such face as he looked at Arianne, who was not included in the people that Lucinda mentioned as someone in love with Kyoushiro as well.

Rea seemed amused by such reaction so she tried to say something but Lea stopped her from doing so. Kuro was relieved that Lea has enough brain to stop her annoying twin sister from doing something unnecessary.

 

“Ahem… Well, moving on?”

“Ah, that’s right”

 

Elfianna took the initiative to switch topic as it wasn’t the right time to be goofing off.

 

“The barrier that was currently under his majesty’s jurisdiction can only function for about 50%. It can take some attacks but too much strain would eventually deactivate the barrier. Fortunately, the army of monsters has lessened to a considerable degree thanks to the help of the heroes, but if the Demon Lord were to attack, the barrier would fall immediately. I suggest immediate activation of the Magic Particle Cannon that Kyoushiro made on top of the Western spire of the third outer wall. I have already dispatched the engineers that helped his Majesty with its construction to have it fully function later"

 

The engineers that helped Kyoushiro in researching and building the Magic Particle Cannon were not high in numbers. They are probably be enough to be counted by hand. In terms of the cannon itself, they have a rough sketch of how it generally worked. But, as far as the internal parts goes, they still have no idea about it.

Right now, they working endlessly in order to make the Cannon function perfectly as intended. But it would take some time before they finished fixing the cannon.

Kuro stretched out his right hand towards the 3D projector Sphere and poured magic power into it.

Then, as he do so, the scenes of the battlefield where Katsuto was fighting parted and a new picture emerged.

 

"This is his Majesty's instruction manual in how to use the cannon. However, it is in a different language. I suggest to have the other heroes see it and decipher it"

 

It was a 3D projection of a the manual but was an actual representation of the Cannon itself. The large cannon that looked like large caliber pistol was showing Kyoushiro and how he operated the cannon. However, instead of a voice cover, there were dialogue boxes that tells bits of instruction.

Lucinda stared at the serious looking Kyoushiro on the projection as she tried to understand that it was not the real him. Arianne was confused as well but since it was Kyoushiro that was demonstrating, she did not mind. As for Elfianna, as it was the first time she had seen Kyoushiro, she could not comprehend what was going on with the scene.

 

"K-Kuro-sama, this is..."

"Forgive me but I too cannot explain what is happening there"

 

Kuro cannot explain what was Kyoushiro was saying. Not only that, the internal works of the cannon itself was so complex that Elfianna, Kuro, Durif, Arianne and Lucinda was lost during the first five seconds of the video.

 

"Since we don't understand this.... should we asked Aizawa-sama or Minami-sama?"

 

Elfianna proposed so.

 

"That would be a problem. They are currently maintaining the status quo on the battlefield"

 

Mikoto was maintaining the status quo of the battlefield by taming the strayed monsters from the 9th Demon Lord's army with her skills. Minami on the other hand was healing the injured soldiers. They were too busy with dealing with those things that was why Kuro rejected what Elfianna proposed so.

 

"Even if we do call back Koizumi-sama and Katsuto-sama, it'll be a problem if they were to leave the front lines"

 

Koizumi and Katsuto were the main weapon of the current defensive battle. They were making sure that less monsters attacks Ambrosia and making sure that the amount of injuries and deaths would be minimal.

Durif was contemplating with what the current matter was going through. If there was a spare amount of troops then the tides of the defensive battle would turn to their sides but they only have limited rescue. Furthermore, not all rulers from countries agreed on helping Ambrosia's army.

Still though, why would the Black hero make an instruction manual if no one would understand it except him and the heroes?

 

Actually, what Kyoushiro did was that he was going to translate the instructional video with the words of this world. He didn't planned on living the video as is. It was just the problem of timing that he wasn't able to do so.

 

"Kyoushiro-sama instructed that we can only used the cannon 3 times by means of pouring magic power in it. The last one would make the cannon itself useless"

"It would be a waste to just let it be destroyed in the end though?"

"Please don't mind it Kuro-sama, I will take responsibility for that"

 

Kuro was thinking about in case the 9th Demon Lord would succeed in destroying the barrier that Kyoushiro setup before. If ever the magic particle cannon were to ve destroyed when that possibility happened, there would be nothing that could defend Ambrosia. Of course, there are the four heroes but if they were somehow turned incapable of fighting back, Ambrosia would truly fall.

Kuro was simply worried about such future so he wished to at least take care the magic particle cannon.

Still, if Lucinda says that she would take responsibility for the destruction of the cannon that her husband had made himself.

 

"Very well, since we have reached such conclusion, all we could do now is wait"

 

Kuro said so while leaning his heavy body on the chair he was seating on as it creaked dangerously. He signal Rea and Lea to prepare tea and with that, he switched the view inside the 3D projector Sphere to the scene on the battlefield.

 

PART #2

The corpse have piled up on the battlefield, blood have drenched the dryed earth of the wasteland; turning it into a muddy red color.

The foot steps of the Dark army and the Elf Relief army and also the heroes Koizumi Makoto and Katsuto Sairenji have turned into prints that bore puddles of dirty water.

Flames from wyverns spew over, tail winds from gryphons created strong winds that gradually turned into tornadoes and Four-winged bats covering turned dark stormy sky.

 

"HAAAAAAAH!!! <Dragon Fist Barrage>!!!"

 

Katsuto leaped over hundreds of meters up in the air and struck down the flying Gryphons and Wyverns. Countless streaks of flashing high temperature flame met the bodies of the Gryphons and Wyverns, making a rain of blood pour below on the tired army.

Koizumi dashed as he used his skill <Gail Step> and strided off along with the wind with his [Spear of Longinus] and turned the large bodies of Rock-shelled tortoise, Blood hounds and Rock-Crocks into chunks of meats dying the battlefield more red.

Each time he killed, the more his body felt heavy.

 

"Haah....Haah.... Just how long do we have to go on like this...?"

 

Koizumi said so as she stabbed his spear on the ground and heaved a heavy breath.

The battle had gone long for about 5 hours now. Even with how much strength they were putting on the fight, their stamina have already plummeted way too much. The Dark army have long since retreated to the barrier, taking care of the bare minimum damage the barrier was receiving. The only people left on the battlefield was Koizumi and Katsuto.

Because they were heroes, they had enough stamina and also mana to fight in longer intervals. However, even they had their limits as well. Right now, they have reaches their limits.

 

"Damn it, the 5 million demonic and Magic beasts have already dwindled to a hundred. But with how much we can get through now, it's only a matter of time before we collapse as well"

 

Koizumi was huffing as he was loosely leaning on his spear. He was watching Katsuto doing his best killing the last few monsters in the battlefield.

With one last barrage of fist filled with his will power, Katsuto grinded the bodies of the remaining Wyverns and Gryphons. Katsuto then fell on the ground on all fours, tired after unleashing his one last shot against the monsters.

Covered in blood and scars as well as destroyed armour, Katsuto stood up and went to where Koizumi was.

 

"Yo"

"You look like a corpse"

"Hahaha, I wonder if Arianne-sama would love this look on me"

"This crazy bastard"

 

The two conversed as such while taking their own pace on taking a break. They were laughing as they finally got relieved from the dangers of the 5 million monsters.

 

"Let's rest for now...No, wanna go back and have Todoroki-chan heal us?"

"Yeah, I want to see Arianne-sama as well"

"You really liked that queen huh?"

"Well, she is my type after all"

 

Why were they having such conversation in a middle of a corpses filled environment? Although it has no significance whatsoever, the two still laughed like that and went shoulders to shoulders and went towards the waving Dark army soldiers and the Elf Relief army.

 

-Makoto-san!! Sairenji-san!

 

Suddenly, they heard Miami's voice over the communication attached to their ears.

 

"What is it?"

"What's up Todoroki?"

-Hurry up and rin!!

 

As Koizumi and Katsuto was bewildered by the sudden call from Minami, the two stopped their tracks. However, as they heard the last words of Minami, chills run down their spines.

Unconsciously, they turned their heads back to the empty battlefield.

 

"Shit...."

"You have got to be kidding me...."

 

Just a few meters away from them, behind the dispersing dust clouds and smoke, a figure was standing heinously. The shadow had a pair of horns on it's temples, a dot like red eyes and overpowering aura. That person, who's arms splits into a hundred then a thousands, was none other than 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

6