Vol. 1 CH. 13 – Defense battle (Part 1)
610 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 1 CH. 13 - Defense battle (Part 1)

PART #1

Despair crawled over their backs as they saw the figure of the 9th Demon Lord in the 3D projector screen.

That being, which’s skin, was festering green with a skull of a goat for a head and octopi like limbs. His body, whose being coiled around by numerous slithering tentacles; His small dot of an eye inside that empty eye socket cause those who looked through it insanity.

The longer one look, the 9th Demon Lord looked like a green alien like being with thousands of tentacles. Even his two arms were a bundle of tentacles. A being that exude despair and madness, such was the 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

 

Arianne and Lucinda, as well as Elfianna, Kuro and Durif stared at the 3D projector sphere that was showing the hideous sight of the 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

That being was laughing heinously.

 

"It seems that, our target is here"

 

Kuro was the one that shattered the silence that occupied the command room. His black mane was standing up as he bare his fangs at the 9th Demon Lord that dared to threaten his home and his people. Even while he was crossing his arms above his chest, his fists were clenched so hard that it let out a cracking sound.

Durif felt the intensity of Kuro's glare with his body. The sense of fear driving one to run away from a predator assaulted his body like lightning. He was shivering on his seat.

Lucinda glared into the sphere as well. Likewise, Elfianna was looking at the Demon Lord with narrowed eyes.

The three major powered Queens and the black lion commander's magic power immediately rose up and clad the room with immense magic power that the legs of the chairs and windows cracked.

A storm of emotion driven magic power swells within the command room…

 

"This will be our last struggle its seems"

 

Durif muttered under the storm of magic power inside the command room. He then pressed the communication device on the desk in front of him in order to connect to the other squads inside Ambrosia.

 

"-This is high commander Durif, commence defense siege. Protect Ambrosia at all cost!-"

 

Durif yelled. On the other side that received the orders from Durif, they all yelled simultaneously "Ouu!!" with all their hearts as they pump themselves up with one last struggle to protect Ambrosia. Not only the Elf Relief Army, the Dark army shouted as well.

 

"-Archer Division, ready all arrows!! Set that thing ablaze!!-"

 

Upon Durif's order, the Archer Division that remained on the upper was and watched towers readied their bows simultaneously and targeted the 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

The ones on the third outer wall and on the watch towers let out colorful rain of arrows. The multitude of those that were shot parabolic to the 9th Demon Lord Kakal glimmered on the storm brewing sky.

 

The 3D projector sphere showed the Dark army and Elf relief army retreat as they saw the sudden rain of bright lights that came from their walls.

Katsuto's and also Koizumi's figure came be seen running back to the other Dark army soldiers and regrouped.

They were currently stationed just outside the barrier.

 

*Hyuu~ Hyuu~ DOGOOOOON!!!!*

 

As the arrows landed on their targets, each and every single arrow that assaulted Kakal simultaneously exploded and caused large chain explosions in the process.

Some of the earth was scorched and sum created crystalized ice shards everywhere. Some created a crater and some managed to cause the earth to turn muddy.

The spells that were imbued in each of those arrows varied in elemental attributes that Kakal should have at least damaged Kakal somewhat.

The Archer Division poured their all in those volleys. It was a power that even other countries couldn't achieve. The live feed in the 3D projector sphere showed the results of the first fire.

There, from where Kakal once stood, clouds of smoke were dispersing.

 

"-Scouts, what's the status?-"

 

It was Kuro's turn to communicate with his subordinate.

 

"-Negative sir! The visibility is too low; we can't see the Demon Lord at all-"

 

Said the subordinate that replied to Kuro's call…

 

"Kuro-dono"

"Ah, Arianne-sama, Lucinda-sama, please head to the spire where his majesty installed the cannon"

 

Elfianna got Kuro to proceed. Kuro then looked at Arianne and Lucinda and had them leave the command room and head to the third spire of the castle where the Magic Particle Cannon was installed.

The two then gave a nod and left immediately. They didn't voice so much of a complaint and immediately ran over to where the cannon was. Lucinda had her wheelchair casted with magic in order to lighten its weight and boost its speed.

It even went so fast that a tail wind was created when Lucinda immediately left.

However, such scene was ignored as Elfianna, Kuro and Durif focused their eyes on the place where Kakal once stood.

 

 

PART #2

"What a monster"

 

A man within the Dark army exclaimed as he watched the dust clouds dispersed and showed Kakal's unscathed figure.

The attacks didn't do much of damage; rather, there wasn't even dirt on Kakal's body.

 

“Pesky humans, how dare you destroy my army!!”

 

Kakal roared as it shot forth its log like slimy tentacles that coiled around his body to make it look like he had a large body. The boney face of Kakal was beyond disgusting as it spews green drool as he yelled.

 

The Dark army was thrown off from the ground then up to the air as Kakal’s tentacles swept across their legs.

 

The Archery Squadron shot multiple arrows of magic power, shining in different colors in the air as they were fired from individual quivers. But Kakal once again used his large tentacles to destroy the magic arrows in midair.

 

This was all recorded live through the magic 3D projector sphere that was stationed at the middle of the command room. Kuro, Durif, Elfianna and the twin black fox sisters were watching the fight with dire faces that showed the grim of the situation.

 

The 9th Demon Lord Kakal of the thousand hands were on a whole other level as expected. It would take thousands of armies to face him off in the battlefield. The Dark army that boasts high quality armor and weapons were no match against the sheer power of the Demon Lord.

 

Even the high powered Bows that were magically enchanted to the brim were useless against the 9th Demon Lord.

 

Durif immediately issued a retreat order. After having a glance at the 9th Demon Lord’s strength, the old long aged commander of the Elf nation obeyed his instincts in order to avoid major loss of troops against the 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

 

“Have the heroes face Kakal. In the meantime, Arianne-sama and Lucinda-sama will prepare the magic cannon”

 

Elfianna, the famous Elf queen of the Elf nation ordered Durif. In response, Durif nodded and immediately called out Koizumi, Katsuto, Minami and Mikoto from both the rear lines and the front lines.

 

“All heroes, we have already issued a retreat. Please face the 9th Demon Lord without discretion”

 

The voice of Durif resounded through the ears of the four heroes present in the war.

 

 

-

 

“Easier said than done”

 

Koizumi complained as he cut off a tentacle that was about to strike him at the front. Using his long spear [Longinus], tens of tentacles with the size of cedar trees were severed and rained down from the sky.

 

“That monster is on whole other level!! Just how many arms does he have?!”

 

Katsuto was there two. Unlike Koizumi that cuts off the tentacles, Katsuto was using his [Meteor Fist – Great Bull] magic gauntlets that was made by the oldest of craftsmen within the Oceanus kingdom the Rizandra rules against the large tentacles that were thrusting towards him.

 

Up, right then down and then left. Katsuto kept on punching the tentacles’ base then sending it large shockwaves of magic power to tear them off. Katsuto’s specialty was intended for any kind of weapons. As such, his precise manipulation of magic power to tear off the insides of organic objects became a deadly skill that only he can use.

 

Mikoto and Minami were still heading to this place on the monsters that Mikoto have tamed so they were still not present.

 

“Koizumi, let’s head to the front already!! Let’s leave this place, there’s a barrier around the city anyway!!”

 

Katsuto suggested while making another tentacle explode from the inside.

 

“Tsk!! We would have if it weren’t for this lot!!”

 

Koizumi too sliced multiple tentacles with his long spear [Longinus]. However, even with how much he cut and severed the tentacles just regrew back from its base. Koizumi was merely getting exhausted for nothing.

 

“Katsuto!! Take care of this part!!”

 

“Huh!?”

 

Without waiting for Katsuto’s response, Koizumi dove right into the sea of squirming tentacles that were attacking him like giant whips. Using those tentacles as footing, Koizumi slowly got near to Kakal’s location and managed to squeeze in a skill to attack the 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

 

“Strike the earth like a hammer!! <Meteor Lance>!!”

 

Koizumi brandished his [Longinus] spear as he activated a high level skill. The spear shined a dangerous red molten glow causing Kakal to take notice of Koizumi’s position. But, before Kakal could do any counter attack, Koizumi threw his spear at Kakal’s face.

 

*DOGOOOOOO-!!!*

 

Koizumi landed behind Kakal and immediately took distance. [Longinus] reappeared back in Koizumi’s hand.

 

“That should do it I suppose…”

 

While breathing erratically, Koizumi made sure to stay as vigilant as possible. While there were still thick clouds of dusts floating around due to the explosions there was a high chance that Kakal was still alive. With that in mind, Koizumi didn’t made unnecessary actions like charging in or turning his back.

 

“Impertinent apes…”

 

“!?”

 

Kakal’s voice echoed within the thick clouds of dusts. Koizumi’s shoulders jolted up as he felt a chill ran down his spine. Kakal’s figure appeared unscathed under the curtains of dusts around him.

 

“I did not think that this land once destroyed by the 10th Shadow King Crats is being occupied by heroes. It seems extermination is appropriate!!”

 

A loud explosion burst out after the 9th Demon Lord Kakal roared.

 

-

 

In the meantime while Koizumi and Katsuto were busy dealing with the 9th Demon Lord Kakal’s attacks Mikoto Aizawa and Minami Todoroki were rushing towards them riding a pure white furred Snow Wolf that Mikoto have somehow tamed throughout the battle. Although the fight was fierce, as one would expect from a tamer, Mikoto still managed to tame a number of high level monsters.

 

The battle earlier was hard even for Minami as well since she was a Healer. As the job that was given to her was to go around healing the whole army alone, her MP reserves as well as her stamina had long since drained. Thankfully, she was given Kyoushiro’s High grade potions and managed to recover whole her MP and stamina in one go. The potions that the Black hero made were surely potent in their effects.

 

“Mikoto…”

 

Minami called out to Mikoto, who was driving the Snow wolf. Mikoto then looked back worriedly at Minami since her hands that were holding Mikoto’s waists were shaking. It was either the wind pressure or the sheer cold breeze blowing in but Minami was surely trembling.

 

“What is it Minami-chan?”

 

“Do you think that we will be able to hold out until Kagami-san comes back?”

 

It seems that Minami was worried that they might not be able to hold back until Kyoushiro returns from who know where he was.

 

Since the one that was fighting them was the 9th Demon Lord, they weren’t even sure that they might be able to hold the fort down. Judging from the size of the army earlier as well as the power to rival heroes that the 9th Demon Lord was using, it was a fact that they were facing was someone on a whole different level of opponent.

 

Although Kyoushiro’s potions were distributed to everyone in the joint army, it feels as if that their battle strength was still lacking. The Dark Army was already equipped with outrageous magic armors and weapons yet it was still unable to harm the 9th Demon Lord even though they were highly effective against the monsters. Even now, the whole battlefield was filled with nothing but corpses no matter how you see it.

 

“The Demon Lord we are facing is strong foe. Even though there are four heroes here, we might not be able to protect everyone with how we are right now”

 

Certainly, they have leveled up due to facing large number of monsters now but their powers and experience were still lacking. Minami was just a Healer and not someone who was suited to fight in the front lines. Even though she knows a few barrier skills, it was unsure what will happen to her in the battlefield. The same goes for Mikoto who relies on the strength of the monster she tames.

 

Mikoto smiles as she daringly faces the road forward.

 

“Don’t you worry Kyoushiro-kun will definitely come back no matter what”

 

Mikoto fearlessly declared.

 

“I know that Kyoushiro-kun will come back. That much is certain”

 

Although none of them knows the exact location where Kyoushiro is right now, Mikoto was still sure that Kyoushiro will come back no matter what. Her trust in him will never wane as she made a promised with him back then. There was no way for him to forget that promise like he did many years ago.

 

“That is why; you don’t have to worry about anything Minami-chan”

 

This time Mikoto looks back and gave a reassuring smile. Seeing that, Minami somehow relaxed as she felt that her best friend’s words were true even though she too trusts Kyoushiro as much as Mikoto does.

 

‘Even I…’ Minami whispered so in her mind as a memory flashed back in her mind. The scene of a single boy’s back standing in front her made her recall the feelings she held back so many years ago.

 

‘Really… since when did I even fall for him’ Minami sighed as she pumped herself with resolve once more and faced the enemy. They were already getting near so the sounds of clashing and earth tremors can be heard more clearly now.

 

The place where the 9th Demon Lord Kakal exploded as they saw Koizumi’s figure throwing his shining spear at the 9th Demon Lord Kakal at the distance; it seems that Koizumi was trying damage the 9th Demon Lord Kakal as much as possible.

 

“Mikoto…”

 

“Yeah… Looks like those two are having a hard time fighting. Let’s hurry”

 

“Yes!!”

 

Like that, Mikoto along with her tamed monsters and Minami rushed towards Koizumi’s and Katsuto’s aide.

 

 

9