Vol. 1 Ch. 14 – Defense Battle (2)
584 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 1 Ch. 14 – Defense Battle (2)

 

PART # 1

 

On top of the tower where the large caliber cannon was placed Arianne and Lucinda was watching the whole battle unfold using Arianne’s [Clairvoyance] spell.

 

They were looking at the place where the four heroes; Koizumi, Katsuto, Minami and Mikoto. At the tower, Kyoushiro’s large caliber magic particle cannon were placed there in order to have a clear shot at its target. There was even a small viewing platform with a telescope right next to it for the enjoyment of the city below it. However right now that was not important.

 

Lucinda was watching the battle unfold while sitting on her wheelchair with her fist clenched on her thighs. For her, this battle would decide the fate of Ambrosia, the kingdom that which Kyoushiro restored to his former glory using the advance technology of earth.

 

In this kingdom, the city was made of stones. However, if one were to look at its blueprints, they were reinforced with steel bars and magic enchantments. They were made by Kyoushiro’s ingenuity that won’t fall late against earth’s towering sky scrapers. The buildings here were weather resistant and vibration resistant. That means that even if a magnitude 9 or even 10 the city wont’ fall apart; even strong weather conditions or if the whole city was left deserted once more, the whole kingdom would still remain intact. That was how Kyoushiro remade Aurolius now named Ambrosia under Queen Arianne Aurolius Ambrosia’s reign.

 

Not only that, every house has its own indoor plumbing. There are pipes running down under the city where a underground water vein that was being pumped and purified by magic devices that Kyoushiro had invented himself. Although it can’t be seen but the pipes underground were surging with purified water.

 

The houses, buildings and other places where there are roofs and walls around it had their own electricity line. Each building had their own small size generators that converts the electrically atmosphere into magic power then produce electricity. With that all buildings that can be seen around the kingdom, they have their own lighting system. Even the streetlamps were of the same structure as well.

 

Ambrosia was a truly wondrous place. Unlike other countries that were still low tech, Ambrosia was currently the most advance nation in the world. However this was not known yet to other countries since these advance devices were not obvious to everyone else. Each advance devices has their own precognition inhibition effects so even if people from other countries were to come and visit they will only see a normal kingdom like any other.

 

Even right now, the most pinnacle of advance technologies found in Ambrosia that have made to public were the Magic particle cannon and the 3D magic projector inside the command room where Elfianna, Durif, and Kuro were staying at.

 

“Looks like the battle had just begun Lucinda-sama”

 

Arianne uttered so as she watched large numbers of explosions and dust clouds appear and disappear in the battlefield. Minami and Mikoto had just met up with Koizumi and Katsuto there.

 

“Yes, it seems so. We have to finish recharging the cannon before something bad happens”

 

Lucinda replied as she too was watching the battle with her own eyes.

 

“Our main purpose is to charge the cannon with magic power and fire it at the 9th Demon Lord. After two shots is done, will immediately evacuate this place as the third shot would break the cannon”

 

Lucinda added so whilst holding a palm size glass sphere in her hands. The glass sphere was connected to the cannon by a long and thick wire. Since it the cannon had hardly enough fuel for it to shoot a thick beam of super charged particle ions, both Arianne and Lucinda took the task of charging it. Lucinda and Arianne were taking turns in charging the cannon.

 

“Lucinda-sama please let me do this on my own now. You are in no condition to continue refueling the cannon with magic power”

 

Arianne worriedly pleaded Lucinda to stop recharging the cannon. Because Lucinda was currently pregnant and she was looking so weak right now, Arianne was worried that Lucinda might collapse due to magic power exhaustion. That would surely endanger the child that Lucinda was bearing right now.

 

However to Arianne’s worries Lucinda merely shook her head left and right.

 

“I am the wife of the Black Hero, Kyoushiro Kagami-sama. If I were to fall here, I am not worthy of bearing the name my husband bares…”

 

Kyoushiro was famous for being both a criminal and a hero. The feats he displayed a month and two weeks ago when he saved the heroes inside the Wave room were incomparable and even the news about him defending the Flying Ship Phirous from a swarm of flame wyverns have spread even across other countries.

 

Although the rumors of him being a criminal were still roaming around, Kyoushiro’s deeds as a hero were still being sung by minstrels across the world.

Even the rulers of other nations that heard of Ambrosia’s fast redevelopment knew that Kyoushiro was involved in it. A mere month was not enough to restore an old ruined kingdom after all, much less improve it.

 

Being that person’s wife meant that Lucinda have to be strong no matter what. This what she believes as the one bearing the child of the infamous Black Hero.

 

“I am Kyoushiro-sama’s wife; this much is not much compared to how my kingdom had done to him”

 

Lucinda still remembers how the king’s adviser incarcerated Kyoushiro. Even now Lucinda can’t forget how Kyoushiro looked after he got out from the underground prison beneath the palace of Trion Kingdom.

 

Lucinda bit her lower lip as she recalled Kyoushiro’s murderous expression that day.

 

“Lucinda-sama…”

 

Arianne too knows about Kyoushiro. Since Kyoushiro didn’t digressed when it comes to telling stories, there were times that Kyoushiro would end up slipping up when telling about his past.

 

The time when Kyoushiro was sent to the underground dungeon as well s being tortured, Kyoushiro accidentally told her all. It wasn’t that he got side tracked or anything, Kyoushiro simply trusted Arianne that much that he was loose when it comes to telling her his past.

 

Arianne held her hand above her well-proportioned chest as she recalled what kind of Kyoushiro showed when he told her about that.

 

‘Even I…’

 

Arianne could not say those words out loud in front of the woman that Kyoushiro had mated and slept with. For someone who bares the fate of her kingdom, Arianne could not show any shameless acts in front of the Black hero’s wife.

 

Despite how much Arianne wanted to scream to the heavens just how much she loves Kyoushiro, she could not do it as it would be rude and disrespectful towards the next Queen of Trion Kingdom.

 

Arianne faced the battlefield once more as she heard various explosions intensifies.

 

“Lucinda-sama it is time”

 

A sweat dropped from Arianne’s chin as she saw the current outcome of the battle between the four heroes and the 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

 

There were certainly various lights and explosions there earlier but now such noise and light effects ceased as if all tumult had died down. Through the [Clairvoyance] spell that was still in effect in Arianne’s and Lucinda’s eyes, they saw Koizumi, Katsuto, Mikoto and Minami hanged up in the air by the 9th Demon Lord’s green and festering tentacles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PART # 2

 

The battle was yet to be settled but the current situation against the 9th Demon Lord had turned for the worst.

 

“Kugh…!”

 

Koizumi groaned as he tried to struggle out from the strong grip of the 9th Demon Lord Kakal’s tentacles that was tightly wrapped around his neck. Earlier, Koizumi was conducting synchronized attacks with Katsuto however the 9th Demon Lord Kakal’s numerous arms were getting in the way no matter where they attack.

 

The thickness and also the speed of the regenerations of Kakal’s arms were just too much even for the two of them. Even when Mikoto ordered her higher levelled tamed beasts to attack, they were still useless. In the end, they too were caught up in Kakal’s grasps.

 

“Unruly insects!! For the crimes of being an annoyance to this great 9th Demon Lord Kakal of thousand arms, you all deserve death!!”

 

The 9th Demon Lord Kakal was angered. It was to the point that his higher existence was being stepped on by mere insects that were meant to be killed and slaughtered. The four heroes that were tasked to keep the Demon Lord at bay were immediately defeated after just grouping up.

 

“[Kuro]!!”

 

 *Graaawl!!* The level 125 Mystic Snow wolf that had been with Mikoto Aizawa growled as it received an order from Mikoto. Even while having her neck strangled, Mikoto still managed to squeeze her breath in order for her tamed beast to attack.

The Mystic Snow wolf, Kuro, breathe out its <Icy Veil> at Kakal’s thick tentacles. The cool below zero temperature breath immediately froze an entire arm of Kakal. However, only being one wasn’t enough. The 9th Demon Lord just used another arm and made Kuro fly towards the towers that were built just next to the palace.

 

Seeing that Kuro flew, Mikoto yelled in despair.

 

“KUROOO!!!”

 

‘Damn it!!’ Mikoto cursed as ordered all of her tamed beast to attack. But they ended up getting killed with one measly swing of Kakal’s arm.

The noose on her neck suddenly tightened.

 

“Gu-aagh!!?”

 

“Mikoto!!”

 

Minami called her best friend’s name worriedly. Unable to watch such scene,  Katsuto and Koizumi used most of their strength just to removed Kakal’s gripped on their necks but, the sheer difference in strength they and Kakal has was just too much.

 

“Kaa-ugh!!”

 

“Bastard!!”

 

Even so, no matter how much they struggled they couldn’t get out.

 

-

 

The scene was being played out through the 3D magic projector that was installed inside the command room inside the palace. Through it, Elfianna the Elf queen was biting down her lower lip in vexation. She did not expect that the difference between heroes and demon lords were this much.

 

“It seems that our struggle has ended…”

 

The high elf commander Durif uttered so his shoulders drooped down. Even for him the situation has turned more grave than expected. Since the 9th Demon Lord was monster that possess great and incomparable strength and also had the power to manipulate the minds of monsters.

If the heroes were to be killed the countries of Greenwood Elf kingdom and Ambrosia kingdom would immediately fall. But the heroes won’t get manipulated and that would give the other countries reassurance. If the heroes were to be defeated and manipulated, then all hopes are lost. That would mean the end of Ambrosia before it could even flourish.

 

“Yes, in this situation the queens that went to the cannon’s site would hesitate in firing”

 

In contrast to how dim and grave Durif’s expression was Kuro was unexpectedly calm.

 

“You seem calm Kuro-dono”

 

“Is that so? I am relatively nervous though?”

 

Kuro was showing his canines as though he was having fun with this conversation.

 

“This kind of situation it put us on a very dangerous position isn’t it?”

 

“Yes it does”

 

“Then wouldn’t be boorish if we don’t face it fearlessly?”

 

In any case, their end was inevitable. That was already obvious and Kuro, the most trusted aide Kyoushiro has inside Ambrosia, knows that well. Even so, for someone that had lived in the wasteland for a very long time now this kind situation wasn’t really that different.

Warriors fall in the battlefield every time and even if not often the dead would rise back if not properly disposed of. This was that kind of world after all.

 

“Even if the heroes fall the citizens of Ambrosia will continue to until the bitter end. My king’s training had put them to the place where they will either risk their life for others or they’ll die as a coward by my king’s hand”

 

Kyoushiro’s rule over Ambrosia wasn’t oppression. He wasn’t that much of diplomat that there is democracy in kingdom. However, what he gave to the citizens wasn’t something that could be given lightly. Kyoushiro gave everyone new lives, possibility of living for more days to come, a shelter above their heads and a new reason to live.

 

For the citizens of Ambrosia, Kyoushiro was a king that stands above all. Because that person was not someone who would give up against powerful foes, they too had grown an intuition that prevents them from running away from the battlefield.

 

What they needed to protect, why they were given a new place to live in; Kyoushiro was the one that provided them all and that is why no one would ever think of running away.

 

“This is our home and no one would dare leave it behind”

 

Kuro rose from his seat and directed all his attention to the 3D magic projector at the center of the round table.

 

With a flutter, Kuro flapped his black mantle that draped over his back and raised his voice at the communication of the 3D magic projector.

 

“This is my order to all members of the Dark Army!! Do not let the heroes die!! Launch every possible means of attack at the 9th Demon Lord that dared to destroy our home!!”

 

At that moment, the whole situation changed. Outside where circumference of the tall walls held the members of the Dark Army, a loud cheer echoed around.

 

 

 

PART # 3

 

*OOOUUU!!!!* Loud cheers echoed at the front gate of the castle. Large numbers of Dark Army soldiers rushed out with weapons aimed only at the 9th Demon lord. Several magic spells were fired from the top of the walls along with that were the rain of multi-colored arrows.

 

9th Demon Lord Kakal’s attention was drawn to the army that was charging towards him.

 

“Pathetic beings”

 

9th Demon Lord Kakal scorned so. With a light feeling as though he was uninterested with anything, he swatted the Dark Army soldier that was charging at him, Countless bodies flew back as the large tentacles swept the battlefield.

 

“Such weak spells and magic!!”

 

Kakal made a shield out of his own arms and legs. Using his thick arms he made a large green shield to protect himself. The spells of the Mage division and the magic arrows of the Archer divisions exploded at the surface of the shield.

 

*GOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOOO!!!!*

 

“Kugh!! <Dragon Fang>!!”

 

Koizumi took the opportunity to execute a skill and severed the tentacles that were strangling him on the neck. Because Kakal’s attention was drawn to the army, there was no stopping him from moving as well.

 

“!?”

 

“Sever the ties that which bounds the earth!! <Dimension Cut>!!”

 

Koizumi cut the tentacles that were holding the others as well. After getting freed, they all took distance immediately.

 

“Damn pests! I’ll smash you to pieces!!”

 

Kakal roared as he swung his large tentacles and spun like a top, causing more damage to the suicidal charges of the Dark Army soldiers.

 

Even despite the difference in levels, they still charged forth. Without thinking of death, every soldier of the Dark Army fired their skills at the 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

 

Minami raised her cross staff up high and executed a wide area healing skill. Those that were severely injured rose back up and resumed their attacks once more.

 

“W-What are you all doing!?”

 

These actions caused Minami to be surprised. Koizumi clenched his fist as he watched the soldiers of the Dark Army do a suicide attack. Even right now, soldiers were flying from the thick torrent of tentacles that was grinding all flesh like a blender.

 

“I’m going t-“

 

“Stop Katsuto! You’ll die if you head there!!”

 

Just before Katsuto was about to join the fray, Koizumi stopped him. That was because it was too reckless to jump in the current fight against Kakal. Mikoto and Minami were of the same opinion.

 

“That’s right, it’s too dangerous”

 

“I can’t really bring you back to life if you died you know”

 

Katsuto’s face distorted in anger…

 

“Then what should we do?!”

 

“Calm down, there is sti-“

 

The Dark Army was retreating. They were running back carrying the wounded while the rear guards were keeping the 9th Demon Lord Kakal at bay. Then, at that time…

 

*GOUUUUUU!!!*

 

A thick beam of light was shot from one of the tall towers of the palace. The beam was about 15 meters in diameter that sought a color of pale dangerous glow and the place where the 9th Demon Lord was then enveloped by a dome of light; scorching heat reached the place where the four heroes were.

 

“Kyaaa!!”

 

“Kuh!!”

 

“It’s hot!!”

 

“That beam… it came from-!?”

 

Koizumi’s words were cut once more by the second wave of attack that came from the tower where Kyoushiro’s large magic particle cannon was placed.

 

 

7