Vol. 1 Ch. 15 – The Black king returns…
616 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 1 Ch. 15 – The Black king returns…

 

PART # 1

 

Seeing the current situation of the battlefield, Arianne and Lucinda decided to shoot the large magic particle cannon that were made by Kyoushiro who was currently missing.

Grey smoke rose from the muzzle of the cannon and its pipes. Due to the unfinished mechanisms inside the cannon, many of its converter and output increasing devices were fried. Even though it was still strong enough to shoot a third beam, it was totally unusable now.

 

“I-I did not expect such firepower…”

 

Arianne was on the floor while covering her ears. It seems that no one expected the high performance output of the cannon. The feedback of its shots caused shock-waves that made the whole tower tremble. What’s more the after effect of the shots that were fired was too loud. Lucinda too covered her ears with her hands but despite that, their ears were still ringing.

 

“K-Kyoushiro-sama seemed to have overdone it…”

 

Even Lucinda, the one that supplied the first shot was taken aback by loud shock-waves and noise that made them kneel down. The cannon remained smoking while the two of them were idle.

 

“The cannon won’t function anymore it seems…”

 

“Lucinda-sama, let’s evacuate immediately. The 9th Demon Lord might attack this place once he recovers”

 

The dome shape light had already disappeared a minute ago. However the dust clouds and smoke that formed there still lingers. Since they were not sure of what happened to the 9th Demon Lord, Arianne proposed to vacate the tower and go back to the command room immediately.

 

Lucinda nodded her head in agreement. They weren’t in a situation where they could stay at one place calmly so she consented as well. Arianne then pushed Lucinda and they head back to the command room where the others were.

 

-

 

The heatwave ceased as merely cloud of dusts filled the entire are. Koizumi, Katsuto, Mikoto and Minami were doing their bests to blow away the dusts clouds that formed after the explosion made by the beam that came from the large magic particle cannon.

 

“Shit… we can’t see a damn thing…”

 

Katsuto cursed. Because there was no wind right now, the dust clouds won’t let out for a while. What’s more, the visibility right now was very low which made it more dangerous for them to stay.

 

“Is everyone alright?”

 

Koizumi worriedly asked…

 

“Yes… *cough* we’re fine”

 

“Yeah… the shock-wave just us made feel uncomfortable”

 

Mikoto and Minami were still shaken but nevertheless alright. Due to the blast earlier, all of them were blew a few meters away from the 9th Demon Lord Kakal. But thanks to Minami immediately erecting a barrier around all of them, they were safe from the intense shockwave of the blast.

 

Since everything already settled down and only the dusts covering the entire battlefield was covering their field of vision, they were unable to move from their spot. Even the barrier was still up just in case for an attack.

 

Strong wind blew from the direction of the Ambrosia.

 

“Looks like everyone is still doing their bests”

 

At the walls of Ambrosia, the Magic Division was casting wind magic in order to clear away the dusts that were falling. Even though they were already exhausted, they were still busy making sure that the heroes succeeds in their mission.

They were also waiting for the return of their king, Kyoushiro Kagami.

 

“Then there is no way for us stay like this”

 

“Yes!!”

 

“Let’s do this!!”

 

Katsuto encouraged everyone. With the current state of the situation, they were sure to win. The 9th Demon Lord just received heavy damage from the large magic particle cannon, twice at that. There was no way someone would survive from that even if that person was a Demon Lord.

 

The earth then slowly shook…

 

“Hmm?”

 

The quiet earthquake was picked up by Mikoto. However the slight and quiet quake was slowly increasing in intensity. Until it reached the point that the earthquake made all four of them kneel.

 

*GOGOGOGOGOGOGO-!!*

 

“Blasted worms!! You dare to shoot me like that!?”

 

The 9th Demon Lord Kakal sprung out from the debris of the earth. His large green festering tentacles swung out in a circular motion like a whirlpool on water. The wind blew away the clouds of dusts. After that, Kakal used two of his log size tentacles to thrust at the walls of Ambrosia. However, the walls were protected by a barrier around the whole city made it unable for Kakal to wreck the walls of the kingdom.

 

“Insignificant worms! How dare you defy my rights to kill you all!?”

 

Because he has been unable to do what he wants to for a while now due to the constant attacks of the humans, elves, demi-humans and heroes, the 9th the Demon Lord Kakal roared in anger; a surge of intense magical power gushed out from his body.

 

Loud earthquakes and heavy tremors made the walls of Ambrosia shake. Fortunately the barrier was still holding up and protecting the kingdom. The citizens that were unable to fight were evacuated to the underground shelter under the castle. The ones who were staying behind to defend the kingdom from the 9th Demon Lord were jumping off from the walls in a hurry.

 

The wounded were dragged out from the trembling walls and the ones that were handling the healing were moved to a different location. The sounds of the 9th Demon Lord hitting the walls were like cannons being fired one at a time.

 

The Archer Division and the Mage Division took up arms right below the walls and concentrated their firing there. Countless volleys of arrows and rain of spells of every element poured down on the massive tentacles of the 9th Demon Lord.

 

“Don’t falter!! Kill that Demon Lord!!”

 

One of the Captains from the Archer Division yelled so, further increasing the morale of every troop left in their division. The Mage Division did the same as well and concentrated all their spells only at the 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

 

No one retreated. No one was even afraid to die right now. Because their whole they were oppressed, the life given to them by Kyoushiro was way more important than anything, surrendering against the Demon Lord meant that they would accept their deaths and everyone that they were to protect.

 

That’s why no one will run. The cowards of the past are now the brave of tomorrow. They would lay down their lives just to protect the kingdom their king has built!!

 

And so, the loud explosion continues…

 

PART # 2

 

A cracked in the sky appeared. The mysterious phenomenon could not be seen by the soldiers or the heroes due to the continuous attacks of the 9th Demon Lord. Some kind of light spilled out. Like a liquid sipping out from a broken glass, the light spilled out.

 

It was dark yet there were light as well. Wriggling out from the cracks in the sky, then the cracked grew bigger. As if a heavy pressure was pouring out of it, the space bent and the cracks grew more until a large whole appeared.

 

Then *GOOOOUUUU!!!* A thick mass of beam was shot. The beam that was mixed with white and black strings was heading towards the place where the 9th Demon Lord was.

 

“What was…that?”

 

Elfianna Litre Parcelous, the elf Queen, uttered so as he witnessed some kind of phenomenon happening on the battlefield through the 3D magic projection. Kuro, Duriff and the queens that just returned, Arianne and Lucinda, looked at the 3D magic projection that was showing the contents of the battle.

 

They were looking at the place where the beam was shot but the crack already disappeared and was left was the vast open sky that was covered by thick clouds of a storm.

 

“……”

 

Lucinda was holding her hands on top her chest as she looked at the place where the beam landed. Arianne, Elfianna and Kuro looked at the said place as well and Kuro zoomed in on that sole location.

 

The heroes were not there, they were currently busy handling the 9th Demon Lord Kakal. The heroes were making sure that the 9th Demon Lord would keep less attention on the walls of Ambrosia. Not even they or the Demon Lord noticed that something just landed behind them.

 

As thick dust clouds were blew away by the wind, a fluttering deep black hair with whites at its tips appeared. Dressed in a blood stained sweater jacket, leather pants and boots, the person who came like a comet took a step forward to the place where the Demon Lord was.

 

His dark colored eyes were seething with rage as he walks towards his kingdom with a bright golden sword on his black colored right arm.

 

“No…way…”

 

Duriff was at disbelief as he watched the 3D projection. His eyes widened in shock as he witnessed a return of a being that was said to be the only person that made Ambrosia what it is today. It was return of the king. No, it was the return of the Black Hero…

 

“Kyoushiro-sama!!!”

 

Kyoushiro Kagami…

 

 

-

 

Ugh… my body hurts. The place where I landed wasn’t soft like I expected, rather it was so hard I thought my body would crushed.

 

The impact of my landing made a large crater where I land. I didn’t think that I’d escape from that place but looks like I’ve returned successfully.

 

At the distance, I can see a large green storm of unknown flesh. There were flashes of light there that meant that there were people currently fighting there.

 

The 9th Demon Lord and the 4 heroes…

 

Surely, that would be them since this fight was between them only. I got back…

 

I faced the direction where Aizawa and Todoroki was and kicked the ground strongly, launching myself like a rocket on a launch pad. A gale of wind wrapped around me as I flew towards the large green mass in a speed that would normally tear up my whole body.

 

“Wha-!?”

 

I saw the face of the 9th Demon Lord. With a surprised look, he faced me but the force of my kick was so strong that I didn’t land immediately. No, I couldn’t really stop could I?

 

“Ah”

 

*DOGAAN!!* I hit the wall!! Agh!! My head!! My head hurts!! Damn it!! At least stop me from flying or just attack me so that I can stop you damn demon lord! With the pain on my head so painful right now, I jumped off from the crack of the wall and landed in front of the 9th Demon Lord.

 

“Ahh… Geez, I got to work on my landing”

 

Whilst holding my aching head, I faced the 9th Demon Lord with a light attitude and pointed the tip of the Elder-God-Sword Hastur on the 9th Demon Lord’s face.

 

“Yo I’ve heard that you made a mess on the place I rebuilt from the scratch you bastard. I’ll turn you into octopus balls you damn squid”

 

I smile fearlessly at the 9th Demon Lord, who was wrapped in a thick mass of tentacles as he was facing Koizumi, Katsuto, Aizawa and Todoroki. Even the four who were supposed to be on my side were looked at me as though they have seen a ghost.

 

Well that can’t be help. After all they did say that I was gone for a month now. I’ll just see how much changed happened while I was away.

 

“Kyoushiro….kun?”

 

“It’s been a while Aizawa, sorry for cutting the call short back then”

 

I can see that Aizawa was looking at me as if she was about to cry. Todoroki was just staring at me with wide eyes as if she saw a ghost. Koizumi and Katsuto were rather indifferent and just scoffed at me when they looked at me.

 

These bastards… I’ll beat them up later.

 

“Dude what an entrance…”

 

“Yeah, it looks like you hit your head hard there”

 

“Shut up. I faced more one problem already so I’m really tired. Let’s get this over with sha-“

 

“Kyoushiro-kun!!!”

 

Uwaah!? Aizawa suddenly embraced me. Because she did it so suddenly, I was surprised and took a step back. Aizawa then pressed her face on my chest as she cries…

 

“Really… Why do you have to make me so worried…!”

 

“A-Ah… well, sorry about that…”

 

I-I didn’t really expect this kind of reunion. To think she’d embrace me for the second time. The first one was in that cave right? Ah… I’m getting pissed somehow. Looks like I still have my resentment in that place since it was the place where I was forced to go and die.

 

I patted Aizawa’s head and pushed her away slightly.

 

“Look, this isn’t the time for this alright? We still have this thing to kill after all”

 

I pointed at the green squid in front of me.

 

“B-But…”

 

“Hey… this isn’t really the time for this please……”

 

I can feel Lucinda’s aura from somewhere. She is definitely watching. I know she is since I made a wide security system for the whole Ambrosia. The 5 cm magic drone cameras flying in the sky should be recording this scene then projecting it in the command center.

 

I smiled wryly and held up my right hand up. This should suffice for the time being right? I won’t be killed after this right?

 

“You…”

 

“N?”

 

Suddenly, I heard the 9th Demon Lord speak. He unraveled his massive size tentacles and showed his figure to me. A thin frame with green colored skin and a skull like head huh? He is more of an alien than a monster. Kind of like the alien from the movie. What was it called again? I can’t really remember but his face was similar…

 

“That sword… I can feel a great power coming out of it…”

 

“Oh this…?”

 

It seems that the 9th Demon Lord was interested in the sword I was holding. His eyeless sockets were shining a red light as he stares at the Elder-God-Blade Hastur.

 

“I made this and this here sword is the thing that’ll kill you”

 

“Hoh? Quite the impressive words coming from a hairless ape”

 

Ape he says… A speaking squid is calling me Ape? Really, the nerve of some people…

 

“Ah… let’s just end this worthless chat and start the fight already. I still am bound to a curse and going berserk is the last thing I want to do”

 

Right now, I feel like the curse on my right arm just suddenly got stronger. It might be because I was holding Hastur or it was just because I was over exhausting myself but I feel that I lose focus, my sanity might sleep away from me.

 

I guess I have 5 minutes left to keep myself from going berserk.

 

“Well then…”

 

I took a step forward and placed Hastur on my shoulder. I then taunt the 9th Demon Lord with a wide grin on my face.

 

“Let’s restart the fight with me as your next opponent”

 

Like that, round 2 begun…

 

 

PART # 3

 

Kyoushiro returned. Lucinda, who saw Kyoushiro smiling at her through the 3D magic projector, had tears flowing down her eyes. She was relieved to see that her dearly beloved hero has returned to her side safe and sound. Lucinda couldn’t help but cry…

 

“Lucinda-sama…”

 

Arianne was the same as Lucinda. She too was very happy that Kyoushiro was able to return. Not only that, he was carrying a weapon on his shoulders as he faced the 9th Demon Lord in front of him.

 

“………”

 

Elfianna though, was silent. It was her first time seeing Kyoushiro. However, there was a tinge of fear in her heart that feels like something bad was about to happen. It wasn’t just a feeling but an omen like thought just appeared in her mind.

 

Kyoushiro Kagami had an appearance of jet black hair with white tips and dark eyes. His right arm was pure black up to his shoulders and tendril like tattoos was drawn on his chest up to his face.

 

It was almost as if that Kyoushiro was cursed or something…

 

Also… that sword

 

Elfianna’s eyes were drawn to the yellow sword that Kyoushiro was wielding.

 

Not only that he can make this outrageous devices, he possesses a power that rivals that of a Demon Lord. If he was not a hero, I would have believed it immediately. But… I am truly glad that he is on our side

 

Elves are naturally sensitive to certain energies that a body emits. Things like mana that is around one place or mana that lives inside everyone and everything else. Those are things that elves can sense naturally.

However, the sword Kyoushiro was holding was very different. Unlike all the swords that are made to be magically powerful, the golden sword Kyoushiro holds has a pure evil energy that is much more powerful than anything in this world. In her eyes, black strings were growing out from the handle of the sword coiling around Kyoushiro’s hands as it grows. Moreover, those black strings were like roots penetrating Kyoushiro’s hands.

 

The Elder-God-Blade Hastur was something that is not of this, Elfianna was relieved that Kyoushiro was not their enemy right now.

 

“It seems that his Majesty has returned. Duriff-dono please call a retreat”

 

Kuro, the General of the Black Army, asked Duriff to call a retreat now that Kyoushiro has returned to their side. As it stands, there was no more used for the Black Army or the Elf army to continue fighting. Duriff immediately nodded and used the communication function of the 3D magic projector that was at the center of the room.

 

After that, the whole army begun to retreat; as shown within the 3D magic Projector, the army was retreating behind the second outer wall.

 

-

 

Kyoushiro began his assault on the 9th Demon Lord Kakal. He swung the Elder-God-Blade Hastur vertically as he severed a large truck size tentacle the 9th Demon Lord. Minutely, the whole tentacle was cut into two.

 

After that, Kyoushiro kicked the ground and charged at the 9th Demon Lord then swung his sword once again. However this time, he imbued himself with magic using <Magic Infusion> skill and boosted all his stats in an instant.

 

“HAAAAAAAH!!!”

 

Blue light enveloped Kyoushiro’s body as he charged. His strength and speed increased twice as much as he infused himself with magic. Not only that, added with the effects of the Elder-God-Blade Hastur all his stats were on the 4 digit level.

 

In terms of power, he had exceeded the heroes. But he was still far below a Demon Lord.

 

“Burst of flames of Inferno, devour my enemy with the flames of my anger!! <Flare Burst>!!”

 

As a chant was heard, countless magic circles appeared around Kyoushiro; flames emerged and exploded as soon as Kyoushiro touched one magic circle. Then just like a chain effect, heavy and scorching explosions burned Kyoushiro’s body.

 

“Kyoushiro-kun!!”

 

Aizawa Mikoto yelled concernedly as she watched Kyoushiro getting burned to a crisp. Koizumi and Katsuto gritted their teeth as they watched Kyoushiro get wrapped around by hundreds of high level flame spell.

A trickle of sweat dropped from their foreheads as they watched the fight from the sidelines.

 

“There is no need to watch right?!”

 

This time Minami shouted. She raised her staff high and chanted a high level healing spell for Kyoushiro, who was wrapped in a scorching flame.

 

“Ye oh God of Light, blessed thy poor soul and heal his wounds!! <Miracle Healing>!!”

 

*SSHAAA~!!* The sonorous song of angels echoed as light poured down from the sky and dispelled the flames the 9th Demon Lord made and healed Kyoushiro’s body. However, the sight of an undamaged Kyoushiro appeared right behind the 9th Demon Lord Kakal. With his gold sword in hand, he sent a blue colored crescent light on Kakal’s back.

 

“Sword art revised!! <Aqua Crescent Slash>!!”

 

“GAH!!? H-How!?”

 

The 9th Demon Lord Kakal bellowed in pain. Thick green blood gushed out from his wound as Kyoushiro severed his right arm. Kyoushiro immediately jumped away from Kakal that started to grow back his lost limbs. A pained expression appeared on Kakal’s green alien like face.

 

“This sword is called Elder-God-Blade Hastur. It has the word “God” in its obvious that this sword is no ordinary sword!!”

 

Kyoushiro slashed at Kakal once more in order to direct the Demon Lord’s attention only to him. Kyoushiro purposely dodged the Healing spell Minami cast. Since what he was using was a curse and no ordinary skill, once a purifying effect had been cast on him, Kyoushiro would weaken.

 

Kyoushiro took a glance at the four heroes who were standing on the sidelines. His eyes met with Aizawa Mikoto and Todoroki Minami. The two girls’ eyes were in shock to see that he was alright after being hit by a high level flame spell.

 

“There’s no need for any of you two help. Just go back to the castle and recuperate there!!”

 

“Huh?!”

 

“What are you saying Kyoushiro-kun?!”

 

Todoroki Minami and Aizawa Mikoto had their eyes widened as they couldn’t believe what Kyoushiro was saying. That was because he was intending to fight a Demon Lord alone even four heroes with the Black army and the Elf army backing them up couldn’t beat.

 

However, even with this being the case, Kyoushiro still managed to evade most of Kakal’s attacks while having a conversation with Aizawa Mikoto and Todoroki Minami.

 

“This place isn’t safe! Just leave already!!”

 

Kyoushiro shouted as he jumped back as one of Kakal’s tentacles was thrust towards him. The ground burst as the large tentacle crushed the earth with only its sheer weight…

 

But Aizawa Mikoto was still stubborn.

 

“We can’t leave you behind!!”

 

“There’s nothing for any of you that can do here!! Just go- Damn it!! Stop attacking while I’m talking!!”

 

Kyoushiro gathered most of his magic power in to the Elder-God-Blade Hastur and slashed it diagonally then vertically a few times as he sent large slashes of light and cut off the large tentacles of the 9th Demon Lord Kakal.

 

“Graaah!! You damn hairless ape!!”

 

Kakal used a fire magic spell <Flame Arrow> at Kyoushiro. However, Kyoushiro cut through the rain of fire arrows using his sword.

 

“Like your one to talk, you walking squid!!”

 

Kyoushiro roared “HAAAA!!!” and further imbued the golden sword with his magic. The blue colored magic power that was pouring into the Elder-God-Blade Hastur suddenly turned black. Kyoushiro’s expression distorted and a trickle of sweat flew off from his cheeks as he attacked.

 

‘Shit!! This situation is bad!! I’m slowly getting consumed by the sword again!’ Kyoushiro thought while dodging the magic attacks of the Demon Lord Kakal.

 

“Looks like I really do need to finish this off!!”

 

Kyoushiro dashed towards Kakal, avoiding the rain of flames, rocks, lighting, and ice and wind blades. Kyoushiro also jumped from the thrusting tentacles and the ceaseless micro-size tendrils that were trying to touch the back of his head.

 

Most likely, that was how Kakal control monsters. Kyoushiro didn’t tried and doubt such baseless conclusion and kept on charging.

 

Kakal had his eyes bright red, gleaming inside his empty sockets. Having no idea of what was Kyoushiro going to do; he mistakenly opened up his defenses.

 

“HAHAHAHAHA!! Foolish hero!! You have come to be eaten by me and deliver that powerful sword!!”

 

“I wish you wouldn’t so try and kill me off right off the bat!!”

 

*KAAAAA!!!* Black and white light burst from the base of the Elder-God-Blade and blinded Kakal “GAAAAAAH?!!!” he screamed in panic. Using one eye opened and one eye closed, Kyoushiro leaped into the gap.

 

Kyoushiro then landed behind the blinded Demon Lord and immediately initiated his last attack using one of his revised skills.

 

“Sword art revised!! <Crescent Blade>!!”

 

A beautiful arc drew right in between Kakal’s head and torso. The head that had lost its base of connection flew into the air and plopped to the ground. Thick green blood spewed out from the neck of Kakal, raining down on Kyoushiro’s body. However, Kyoushiro didn’t let his heart be satisfied with just cutting off Kakal’s head.

 

“I’ll kill you more thoroughly!!”

 

Kyoushiro obliterated Kakal’s body using the power of the Elder-God-Blade. Black and white light burst off and converged, forming a storm of light and dark, devouring the body of the 9th Demon Lord. Kyoushiro went to the head and did the same thing.

 

Then, as soon as Kyoushiro heard the sharp electronic sound *Ping!!* Kyoushiro knew that Kakal was dead. Millions of experience points went inside him immediately and raised his levels. The other heroes received a part of those points as well and leveled up.

 

Kyoushiro then let go of the sword and threw it back inside his [Space Storage] ring. The black arm’s curse slowly receded back and the tendril like tattoo that grew from his chest up to his chin steadily disappeared.

 

“Ah-ah… This is one…heck of… a day…”

 

*Thud* Kyoushiro, after saying those flimsy last words, fainted and fell onto the ground heavily.

 

Just like that, the curtain drew a close to the return of the Black king……

8