Vol. 3 CH. 10 – Going Back….
255 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 3 CH. 10 - Going back....

PART #1

Thinking back, it was a bit extreme to toy with the people in this world just because he was a hero. Playing with many women was something all men wanted to do once in their life. Pillaging was a sought experience for someone who likes to take things from other people. Setting men on fire, kicking down guys that dared to even look at you funny. 

Unless you have the strength and power to back it up, you wouldn't be able to do those things.

Being the son of a politician. Taiga himself had thought once that he would at least do one of those things in this other world when he became the hero.

In this world of chaos, where monsters roam everywhere and many Demon Lords were wreaking havoc, a hero was needed.

Taiga was among those chosen ones that would save this world.

IHis clad was [Paladin] in this world, it was the higher ranking class of knight and a high priest combined. He had amazing skills and could use any type of magic.

He was truly the hero that any world would want.

That's why, in this world, shouldn't he be the king instead?

Unifying the world under one banner. It should be his role that would lead this world to the destruction of the Demon Lords.

It was his destiny. 

Taiga was a son of a politician as well as a hero in this world. If he used all his knowledge, it would be easy to conquer this world.

That's why, Taiga thought he was the king.

"Hey, we're here already"

"........"

A large black Lion beastman kicked the cage he was tied in. They were coming down from Mordred after finishing gathering minerals and transported it to the base.

Only four days have passed since the operations started. However, all lands have been reclaimed by the Black army without any problems.

Only on Kuro's side that experienced such problem. Now, Kuro and some Worker golems were heading inside the city through the front gates.

Once everyone had touched land, Mordred smoothly soared in the sky. It would we return to the base for resupplying and would continue to build the base.

Captain Grimwald decided not to leave the ship and would continue working inside it.

Gaius, Kuro and the rest of the small number of soldiers following both commanders, were now heading towards the city with cages carried by the worker golems.

Taiga's cage was the one in front.

"How...dare you!! Get me out of this right now!!"

"Shut it. A would be hero like you deserve this much humiliation. Not for only the Black King but also for the people you've hurt"

"Aaaaghh!!!! Let me out!! Now!!!"

Taiga thrashed around the cage. However, even with flimsy looking chains, he couldn't even break through it. He only made loud noises that made people stare at him.

"Kuro-dono"

"I don't care about what you guys think. You should know that this thing here needs to be taught a lesson"

"I already know that but....."

Gaius glanced at the line of cages behind them. Three of Taiga's male party were caged inside one cage and the four small cages carried each of the female party members.

Even Princess Aria was locked and chained up inside a cage. Leticia was right in front of her while Fahnia, Corrina and Deborah were the ones behind.

Leticia was the only one bounded by a chain and a handcuff outside.

Gaius's chest hurt a bit while seeing a princess chained up like that and a former subordinate being treated like a criminal.

"How did it come to this......"

"You agreed on letting me be the one that will decide on how to punish these guys right?"

Kuro heard Gaius's monologue.

Actually, before they landed in Travestin's main capital city gates, Gaius and Kuro had a talk.

———

"Take custody?!"

Gaius yelled in shock as he couldn't comprehend what Kuro was saying.

"One of the person in your prison cell is second princess of Travestin! Not only that, the only hero of Travestin is—"

"It doesn't matter"

With a stern reply, Kuro turns back towards Gaius. Of course, Kuro knows what he would be doing. Though he has gotten what he wanted from the start, he didn't expect to have a princess captured as well.

But, it wouldn't matter.

"Those who try to cross against Ambrosia is an enemy of mine. I would have let that little girl go if you had convinced her to part with that sorry sight of a hero, but it doesn't seem that she'd be leaving his side anytime soon"

The stubbornness of a woman in love was more annoying than a persistent insect.

"Kuro-dono, if you continue with this I will not stand by it"

Naturally, Gaius would be against it. Imprisoning a Princess of an allied nation, even if the person did cause some problem, it wasn't her own will to begin with.

This would only give conflict between Ambrosia and Travestin. Kuro scoffed then turned his back.

Hmph, say what you will"

"What?!"

"Those who are criminals caught on the act are criminals. And your princess basically sided with that hero of yours"

There was no helping it. They tried to attack a ship with civilians in it. If it weren't for the effects of the overalls worn by the crewmen back then, they would be dead by now.

One of Taiga's party died for attempting to jump over Mordred, and Taiga was apprehended by the Magic Iron Golem.

And Princess Aria allowed them to do so instead of wishing for a peaceful conversation with the crew inside Mordred.

"Do you expect to get away with this just because Queen Isabella owes you a favor?"

"I'm not that petty. The princess will be returned safely to her family as well as the Knight with her. As for the hero and the rest, it'll be depending on how your Queen deals with them"

Kuro gazed at the two irregular sized swords leaning against the wall. They were the prided pair of swords that Kyoushiro lost when he was judged as a criminal for attempting to murder the heroes.

Kuro have retrieved it for his King.

The Demon Sword Dawn and the Angelic Sword Dusk. Kuro quietly closed his eyes as he has taken back what was stolen from Kyoushiro, his master.

———

And so the odd parade where cages were lined of at the road leading to the castle was made.

Many onlookers caught the pitiful sight of a hero chained down like a criminal. Some saw it with contempt, some showed sort of relief on their faces and others had conflicted views on what their were seeing.

Kuro and Gaius were riding horses instead of a car. Making it truly look like a homecoming from war.

"H-Hey, isn't that Princess Aria?"

"That's.... even Taiga-sama!!?"

"J-Just what's going on?!"

Naturally, those who were outside their homes, working on their stalls and just walking around the streets caught sight of the line of cages.

They didn't understand why there was a hero and even a princess travelling down the street inside cages.

Taiga's appearance was even more eye catching. He was bound by multiple shackles inside a cage that was inside a cage.

Every time Taiga tries to wriggle around inside, the chains made noises that anyone could hear. 

"Gaaaaah!!! Stupid cat! Get me out of here!! I'll kill you!! I'll definitely kill you!!"

Of course, his shouts caused more people to pay attention to his poor sight.

Kuro didn't respond and merely looked forward. Although there were some voices of concerns from the citizens, they couldn't muster of the strength to go against someone who save them from starvation.

The stigma of being a Demon Spawn were still there but no one was stupid enough to bite the hand that fed you.

They were grateful but their pride as Travestinians were forced to fold in front of Kuro.

PART #2

"Tsk. That Demon Spawn is doing whatever he wants now after kissing the Queen's feet"

There was a small group of people watching the procession from afar. Hidden behind the tight alleyway, the remaining people who were still convinced that Demon Spawns were enemies, glared at Kuro from the distance.

It was sickening to watch that even the princess of Travestin was treated as a criminal. Not only that, the hero Taiga himself was totally bounded in chains.

These people who sided with Taiga from the very beginning didn't like the idea of being under the held of Demon Spawns. Yes, the same people brought in food for the people. Yes, they went around subjugating monster nests that were once proud cities and agricultural farmlands, and Yes, they weren't asking much in return for the things they have done.

But, Demon Spawns were Demon Spawns. They were spawns of the Demon God Avfritzed, the God that Demon Lords worship. They were symbol of death and misfortune. Not only that, they bear the dark color itself.

"They're taking advantage of the fact that the Queen is awake"

"They probably planned it from the start! Especially that criminal hero! I heard he defield princess Lucinda and is currently carrying his child!!"

"Bastard Demon Spawns! Not only making living worse they're even trying to take over this kingdom!!"

They were rather narrow minded men who has too many free time in their hands.

"Hmph, even that Knight Captain Gaius is following that demi-human's orders"

The seemingly looking leader scoffed at the pathetic sight of a war hero following the tail of an enemy. It was a saddening sight that the once famed Strongest soldier, was merely a sidekick to a Demon Spawn.

"I'm sure they're just threatening them"

"Probably. Its probably their fault that the country is suffering too"

They blamed everything bad that's happened to the Demon Spawns, the ones that were currently here in the city.

The drought, the starvation, even the monsters running around everywhere. It was their fault. Mainly, it was that damn criminal hero's fault for even getting summoned along with the other heroes in the first place.

It was because of him and those Demon Spawns.

"I see that you all have quite the imaginations there"

"Huh?"

"Who're you?"

A man draped under a black shawl with weird markings on it appeared behind the small group of narrow minded men.

The man smiled as though laughing at the narrow minded men's poor imagination.

"My name is Casper, I am a messenger of a former prince of Travestin"

"Who?"

"You don't need to know"

Casper took out a bag of coins from inside his cloak and showed it the men before him.

"There will be a large sweeping of....well, let's just say something good is about to happen in this kingdom"

"Huh?"

"Oi, if you ain't gonna talk straight I'll beat the snot out'a ya!"

One of the men lashed out. Casper, sighed and shook his head. Disappointed at the poor understanding of the men before him.

"Really, it's difficult to talk to simpletons like these"

"Oryaaah!!!"

The man swung his fist. However, it failed. The figure of the man's target blurred as his fist went through the afterimage.

Casper smiled and sent the man flying with a heavy kick to the belly.

"Ghk!?"

Bill!"

"Damn you!!"

"You'll pay for that!!"

Because of their friend fell after just one blow, everyone just ran up to Casper, trying to get revenge for taking out Bill. 

Casper sighed once more and this time, his figure multiplied.

""What the?!"

"How did—"

"It's really annoying when it comes to this"

Casper's clones began their beat down. The odd numbered men were easily taken down. Quiet groans rose after and Casper, who was forced to raise his hand on pitiful slobs like this, showed a irritated expression while scratching the back of his head.

"Let's take them along. You guys know the place right?"

The clones nodded. Immediately they gathered up the men and carried them over their shoulders.

.

Inside the narrow alleyway, the shadows of the near buildings made good cover for Casper's clones. One by one, their figures meshed with shadows and disappeared.

"Haaaah.... getting those sort of people to listen are always a pain"

Likewise, Casper too melded with the shadows as his words of complaints went unheard inside the alleyway.

———

"What?"

Queen Isabelle's hands stopped as he heard some astonishing news.

The soldier who came and deliver the message froze instantly as the Queen's raised voice shook him to the core.

"Is that true?!"

"Y-Yes your Highness. It seems that Kuro-sama had returned with Gaius as well as the Hero and his party. All of them are currently caged"

This was a surprising news. A hero was caged. It was something not even this world have heard before since ever.

Queen Isabelle was taken aback. She out down her quill into the inkwell and stood from her seat. 

"I shall be seeing them. Are they in the castle?"

"N-Not yet your Highness. But they are on their way"

'Very well. Make sure to let them inside. Tell them to head straight to the Throne room"

"Understood"

The soldier saluted before leaving. Queen Isabelle sat back on her seat. As the tension left her shoulders, Queen Isabelle heaved a heavy sigh.

"So Ambrosia is strong enough to take down a hero and put him a cage..... Haaaah, they might be the strongest nation yet in existence"

There was never been any stories of a hero getting defeated by some ordinary inhabitant of this world. Rather, there wasn't any to begin with. After all, the heroes are god like beings to the people of this world.

They are powerful and could even take on an army singlehandedly or even a large hoard of monster alone in an battlefield.

Kuro may be strong but he wasn't someone that has the support of the gods. Heroes have high stats when their first summoned. They have predetermined classes with powerful skills and magic spells.

A single army couldn't possibly defeat a hero. Let alone caged them.

But, the one that came from Ambrosia, a newly formed nation, was able to do just that. Was the hero weak? Or was did he just let down his guard?

Nevertheless, this news was something that could very well shale the balance of power in this world.

If anything else, the army's inside Ambrosia might be as strong as the heroes are....

"Fuuu..... My daughter's relationship with that nation's king is the only good thing I can be thankful for. If not, who knows what might become of this kingdom"

With all sort of problems getting sorted out and new ones popping out of the woodblock, Queen Isabelle could only hope that Lucinda's current relationship with Kyoushiro would turn the kingdom for the better.

And so, as the time passed and her door was knocked. It was now time to meet the hero that sent this kingdom to it's demise.......

———

"Lucinda-sama, the Queen request your presence"

Niya received a message from a maid and relayed to Lucinda, who was having a quiet time on the veranda of her room. Mikoto was sitting across her while Rea and Lea were fast asleep on Lucinda's bed.

Lucinda turned to Niya and placed down the book in her hands before leaving the table.

"I've heard there was some disturbancein the city. Am I being called because of that?"

"It seems so. The commander have yet to inform me but her Highness Queen Isabelle wants you to join her in the throne room"

"Understood, I shall go then"

"Ah, I'll come too. It might be better since I'm a hero. There might be something that I can help with"

Mikoto rose up from her seat voluntarily. Ever since she have returned to Travestin, she has hardly done anything worth heroically. Although peace was nice, after fighting monsters and taking down a Demon Lord along with the others, it couldn't be help that even she got used to fighting.

Niya bowed her head silent as a form agreeing. While Rea and Lea woke up from their sleep.

"Going ~?"

"Somewhere?"

"It's fine if you two just sleep. I'll still be inside the castle anyway. Mikoto-sama will he coming with me as well so please just take some time off, Rea-sama, Lea-sama"

After changing her clothes with the help of Niya, Rea and Lea nodded and went back to sleep. There was no need for them to keep on guarding Lucinda when she'll be just inside the castle anyway. Furthermore, with the Magic Iron Knights constantly on patrol, there wouldn't be anything happening to Lucinda.

"Niya-sama this is fine right?"

"Yes, letting those two sleep is alright. They are always working I suppose"

Even Niya agreed to it. Well, considering Nero was just outside the door of this room, letting Rea and Lea sleep wouldn't be a hindrance at all.

"Shall we go then?"

"Yes, let's go Lucinda-san"

Like that, Lucinda, Mikoto and Niya head to the throne room as requested. Nero followed behind as they went on. 

Finally, as they entered the throne room, Lucinda couldn't hide her shock.

"Aria?!!"

Princess Aria was sitting inside a cage next to Taiga. The other party members were on the back while Leticia was left on Taiga's right side.

Kuro and Gaius were just standing right next to Princess Aria's cage when Lucinda, Mikoto and Niya came in. Nero somehow understood what's going on and silently moved to the wall.

"Now then, since my heir apparent is here, I would like to start this trial"

"Mother?! Trial for what?! Why is Aria inside a cage?!"

"Lucinda, you should know better yourself why. After all, your Aria decided to follow Kurosawa-sama and allowed to continue those atrocities"

Queen Isabelle replied coldly. Her eyes were indeed close but even she couldn't understand why her own daughter was put in a cage like that. Her hands were shaking as it held armrest on the throne.

"Father!"

".........."

Even King Verdik stayed silent. It was Kuro that spoke and explained to Lucinda why they were put inside a cage.

"Lucinda-sama, they are criminals that board the ship and attack it's crew. We could not risk them attempting any escapes so had all of them caged until we got here"

Kuro then ordered the golem workers to open Princess Aria's cage. The small princess quietly walked out and faced her mother.

"Mother, I am happy to see you in good health"

"...."

"Onee-sama, you are fairing well it seems? How is your health?"

"I.... I am fine Aria. But why are you—"

"Mother"

Princess Aria ignored Lucinda and stood steadfast before Queen Isabelle. The eyes of that young princess showed no immaturity and merely a straight serious gaze at the Queen of a country.

Queen Isabelle was bewildered by such expression of he youngest daughter. But as the Queen, she showed now gaps on her mask and answered Princess Aria.

"I wish for Taiga-sama's release as well as everyone else that is currently held captive"

"......."

Queen Isabelle remained silent.

"They have not done wrong. Everyone is doing their best to protect the kingdom! Why must they be treated like this?!"

Princess Aria plead for the captives' innocence. 

"Why must our heroes be treated like criminals! They are merely fulfilling their duties!"

"Aria"

Queen Isabelle opened her mouth once more. Her eyes sharp and glinting, her gaze was stuck at the person side the cage with another cage inside.

"You have joined this hero and his party for a while, correct?"

"Yes! I have watched them from behind and I—"

.

"Then you must know of the crimes that hero and his party did while they were staying in the city?"

"That's....."

"The numerous civilians hurt due to reckless impudence, arson, physical abuse, theft, rape..... the list goes on. And here you are defending such hero? You had the same education as your sister. In case something happens and you will be able to fulfill your role as the next Queen. Yet you side with such hero that had done nothing but destroy the peace of this kingdom? Aria, I am very disappointed in you"

*Bang!!* Suddenly, Taiga's cage rang. The red headed hero tried to pull the shackles once more only to fail.

The loud sound caught everybody's attention.

"Shut up"

"Taiga-sama......"

"You've been running your mouth off ever since we got here. Aren't you just the Queen? King Verdik! Order those guys to let us go this instant! They'll pay for shaming a hero like me this way!!"

Thrashing and metal clashing echoed inside Taiga's cage. Unfortunately for him, everything inside that cage was the same as a Magic Iron Knight hard body. Even him as a hero wouldn't be able to break it. Furthermore, the cage he was in had a special magic sealing spell built inside in order to prevent him from even casting any magic.

King Verdik didn't much so look at Taiga and had his eyes closed. Queen Isabelle seems to have realized that all this time, Taiga thought that King Verdik controls the kingdom.

She was being purely underestimated.

"Silence"

"What?!"

"You have been doing what you want ever since you arrived in this world. I don't know what kind of upbringing you had as you grew up in your world, however I will not allow such thing to continue in this world"

Without waiting for Taiga's reply, Queen Isabelle stood up from his throne. 

"I, Isabelle Quintus Aluferd Travestin, the 2nd Queen of Travestin Kingdom, hereby strip off all privileges and support given to the Hero Taiga Kurosawa"

Then just like that.....

"Any connection or any sort of aid provided to the hero Taiga after this trial shall be deemed as illegal. Those who will be found giving aid to the said hero will be charge as going against a royal order"

Taiga's world went upside down......

8