Vol. 2 Ch. 7 – Resuming the search (1st Half)
339 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 2 Ch. 7 – Resuming the search

 

PART # 1

 

As soon as the hood fell off, silky dark hair and her long pointy ears was exposed. Her dark colored eyes shimmered with innocence as she looked at the people that were staring at her agape mouths. For the moment that seemed that gone forever, the first one to act as the one in front, a man that sat behind Kyoushiro with shaggy brown hair and sharp eyes pointed his finger at the little girl and freaked out.

 

“A-A Demon Spawn!!!”

 

The moment those words came and registered into everyone’s mind, every suddenly jumped back and pulled out their weapons; instantly, the whole pub was filled with armed men and some women.

 

This looks bad” Kyoushiro thought as he stood right in front of Edsel and Dahlia, preventing anyone that could see them. Seeing as he done that in front of everyone else, the shaggy haired man glared at him and threatened to kill him if he were to stand in his way.

 

“This isn’t a good place to cause a fight, better put down those weapons or I’ll make everyone here shower in blood”

 

“You damn prick!? You’re siding with those cursed race!?”

 

“You’re human aren’t you?! Why side with them!?” Such complaints went flying everywhere as Kyoushiro stood to protect the mother and child.

 

Knowing the person protecting a cursed child was a human, it was natural for them to hesitate to kill him. Naturally, if they did kill him on the spot, no one would complain since he was protecting a Demon Spawn child and her mother. Of course they could do that but for whatever reason it was, they couldn’t move a single muscle after what Kyoushiro had said. Even the bartender who was kind enough to let him stay was frozen stiff from where he stood.

 

If things went as Kyoushiro said, everyone would be swimming in their pool of their own blood. Numbers has an advantage against an individual like Kyoushiro both none of them could make a move.

 

The reason was because of fear…

 

A dog would fight back if it has something to protect, the dog would definitely fight until it dies just to protect the thing it holds dear in his heart. That was normal for everyone else since everyone within the pub had their own dearest treasure. But the young man in front of them felt different.

 

It was like he would kill if he wants to even without protecting anyone. He would go around massacring everyone in the pub if it meant shutting them up. Something cold and sharp was like piercing through their hearts, telling them that the instant they move would mean their deaths.

 

Kyoushiro, who had a single sword on his waist, felt like sharper sword that could easily cut them down from where they stood.

 

Everyone gulped the moment they saw changes on Kyoushiro’s expression.

 

“This is bad but looks like I’d have the opportunity to get some good information around you guys”

 

Was being surrounded by about thirty or so people considered as something good? No one could make heads or tails of what Kyoushiro meant just now but they were sure that it wasn’t something good.

 

Kyoushiro took a step forward and grabbed the tip of the sword of the shaggy haired man.

 

“I’m looking for a princess elf… Well, I’ve overheard you guys talking about it so mind telling me more?”

 

Bright light suddenly burst from the held sword and came after were cracks appearing on the sword down to its handle, suddenly breaking after Kyoushiro let go. Seeing a full iron sword turned to shards like that made the shaggy haired man turn pale and lose strength on his knees.

 

Kyoushiro didn’t bother catching him and merely lowered his posture down to the same eye level as the man.

 

“You better give me what I want or you’ll be the one that’ll turn into dust”

 

With that one threat, the shaggy haired man told everything he knew to Kyoushiro. After that was down in a couple of minutes, there were only screams and shrieks coming from the pub.

-

 

 

After leaving the pub with enough money for the clean-up, Kyoushiro, Edsel and Dahlia went to their home. Kyoushiro had no interest in keeping the two but since they’ll prove useful once they head back to Caladium, Kyoushiro decided to keep them for now.

 

Edsel’s house was located at the edge of the settlement where there was a small farmland could be found and small village in it. However, despite being a farmland, the houses there weren’t occupied by farmers or villagers but rough looking thugs and bandits.

 

Kyoushiro’s <Appraisal> skill caught their job classes in a glimpse and decided to not bother with them since it would only take him too long before getting to the location where the shaggy haired man told him to go.

 

According to the man, the main base of their group was in an old abandoned elf fortress. There, the man said that the leader of the mercenary group was building his forces. The leader was Ernest Vern the Honest, a cold blooded mercenary that once stood beside Taiga Kurosawa, the current hero of Travestin Kingdom.

 

It seems that Ernest Vern was amassing a large army consisting of both monsters and other races. They plunder towns and villages in order to increase their supplies and sell the women they caught as sex slaves in the black market while keeping the healthy ones as seed bags for their monsters.

 

In this world, anything goes. That was how Kyoushiro thought about it after spending nearly half a year in this world. If one were to believe that eve monsters can breed with other races like humans and elves, they’d be too crazy to talk to.

 

If anything, the laws of nature in this world were as twisted as it inhabitants. Kyoushiro had no fetish in watching monsters and human women copulate and he doesn’t find it appealing to hear either. That was why, in order to lessen the amount of opponents to fight, Kyoushiro would go around the places where the breeding grounds were.

 

Edsel was once a toy of those men so using her as bait to those kinds of men would give Kyoushiro the opportunity to kidnap those men and interrogate them. Dahlia would be with Kyoushiro most of the time since her black hair stands out so if anything happens; Kyoushiro would be able to protect Dahlia.

 

Although the thought of using Edsel as live bait did crossed in his mind as something inhumane, but at this point, arguing about if he was still human enough to care about that doesn’t really matter. Using the connection Elfianna has as a Queen would give Kyoushiro hundreds of opportunity to exact his revenge on the other heroes while hiding it under the reason of “Charity”.

 

Sending the battle ships equipped with the newest magic artifact to other places would give Kyoushiro an access to different kinds of places all around the world. Of course, he couldn’t just send battle ships to any country he wants. That was why he needs to visit other countries in order to register the coordinates himself. Once that was done, he could sneak in the countries of other nations and take his revenge on the people that took everything from him.

 

Koizumi, Katsuto, Minami and Mikoto were ones that didn’t do much when Kyoushiro was being persecuted so he doesn’t feel much of an urge to kill them. That said the others as well were nothing but stragglers that received Kyoushiro’s equipment from the adviser so he would only beat them up for a while and take back what they stole.

 

Right now, his plans was hindered by some annoying mercenary group so Kyoushiro decided to crush them to the point that their own descendants won’t be born anymore.

 

In any case, the current situation called for drastic measures so Kyoushiro would go around crashing settlements and bases of the mercenary group that was led by Ernest Vern the Honest. If things go well, he could properly plant the magic artifact that Kyoushiro secretly developed back in Ambrosia in Paracellumn.

 

His revenge was slowly going as he had planned.

 

“Umm… this is our house; it’s not good but please make yourself comfortable”

 

Edsel had Kyoushiro sit down for now inside their thrashed house. Kyoushiro only nodded and sat down on a chair that had fallen down. Looking around, the entire house was disordered like a storm just came in. Probably the people that chased her down were the ones that thrashed her house. Some plates were thrown around since their pieces were scattered around, some clothes was here and there and some of the furniture were upside-down.

 

At first glance, one can only see this as a simple robbery but the whole house was definitely turned from the inside out.

 

I guess they went looking for them when they disappeared” Kyoushiro thought as he sighed and leaned back.

 

Sometime later, Edsel came back carrying what she and her daughter and bring. There were bags filled with clothes and other necessities for the two of them near their feet and the both of them were already dressed properly.

 

Edsel went to Kyoushiro with Dahlia in her arms and asked if what she brought would be too much. Kyoushiro didn’t answer but he took the bags and kept them in the magic necklace that has a large storage capacity compared to the one he used back in the past. Right now, it was capable storing ten times its original capacity. It became more useful now compared back then.

 

“Well, since we would go around destroying bases after this, is there anything you want to do after all this?”

 

“Eh?”

 

Edsel was shock when Kyoushiro said about crushing bases.

 

“What?”

 

“N-No… It’s just that… w-will you take us along?”

 

Surely, bringing a kid and her mother in a battlefield would definitely endanger their lives.  Obviously, Edsel was concerned for her daughter’s safety. Kyoushiro sighed as he took a quick glance at Edsel’s expression.

 

“It won’t do any good if we went back to Caladium. After knowing your past with that lord there, keeping you two with me is the safest strategy. Although I say that, I’ll be using you as bait to lure those bastards. I can’t do anything myself since I have limited moves due to a curse, so I’ll be using what I have”

 

Kyoushiro’s curse prevents him from potential grown, increase in stats and gaining combat skills. Because of that, he tried to research various methods of getting stronger. Things like human experimentation had crossed his mind before. Others like using weapons like guns and powerful advance weaponry like those on earth however; there was a problem even with those.

 

As this world revolve around the system called “Status” weapons like guns’ accuracy and power depends on the person’s attribute values. Kyoushiro had already made fully functional muskets back in Ambrosia. However, there were concerns in their users. All of them were inexperienced and neither had the sufficient level to fire a gun that can destroy a boulder.

 

According to what Kyoushiro had gathered, unless they had the job class of [Gunner] or [Artillery Master], the power and accuracy goes down significantly. Because of that, guns weren’t actualized and instead, Kyoushiro stuck to developing magic weapons and armor for every soldier in Ambrosia.

 

As for the battleships, as long as their destructive power comes from their main power source, there won’t be any difference. It was the same as the Magic Particle Cannon that Lucinda and Arianne used against the 9th Demon Lord.

 

That was the reason why that Kyoushiro hasn’t used any forms of guns or even powerful cannons himself.

 

“Unless you guys want a peaceful life after this, you better do what I want you to do”

 

“……….”

 

Refuse and stay in a place where they were most likely to die or go along with Kyoushiro’s orders and be saved from the harshness of the world? Both choices were too dangerous for the both mother and child. Nevertheless, what Kyoushiro was offering was far safer sounding than her first choice.

 

“Wait a minute… Just who are you Kyou-san? Just from how you talk and your planning is…”

 

Oh right, come to think of it, I only told her my name” Kyoushiro thought as he forgot to explain who and what he was doing in this place. Kyoushiro then pulled back his sleeves on his left arm and showed the circuit like red lines running over his left arm.

 

“That is…?”

 

“It’s the mark of being a Hero. I am part of the guys that was dragged into this world for some ridiculous mission…”

 

Hearing those words coming from Kyoushiro’s mouth, Edsel’s face had lost all color. It was already obvious since Kyoushiro could kill people nearly in an instant and with how Kyoushiro confidently carry himself even in front of murder; it was already obvious who he was…

 

“A Hero…?”

 

“Congratulations, you’ve now met the 18th Hero, the weakest one of all, Kyoushiro Kagami”

 

 

5