Vol. 4 CH. 8 — The figure of a Hero (2)
133 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 4 CH. 8 — The figure of a hero (2)

PART #1

After arriving at the gates, Kyoushiro lead the three to the throne room. Accompanied by a single maid, the four people, Kyoushiro, Elyria, Corralia and Finnick made their way through the halls.

As expected to those that never seen the insides of the Ambrosian castle was struck by awe. Not one candle light can be seen lighting up the place. The chandeliers, the torches and the candleholders that used candles as a way of lighting wasn't present. Instead, the halls were decorated by beautiful crystal like light bulbs.

On top of that, there was a pleasant air blowing in the halls.

It wasn't like other castles where there were shadows in every corner of the halls and rooms.

Corralia in particular was impressed by such lighting.

"Amazing.... I have never seen such artifact before...."

Even in Oceanus, the lighting medium were magic stones that had been crafted into a light bulb. The light weren't bright and hardly can be used underwater. However, the lighting in this castle was bright enough to light up one section pleasantly.

"Say Nii-chan, do you really know the Queen of this country?"

On the side, Finnick was just curious about Kyoushiro. The person never did told him about who he was and what kind person was he since he know such high ranking person in land. 

Kyoushiro didn't say anything. Elyria answered in his stead.

"Believe it or not Finnick-kun, this person is this country's Queen'shusband"

"Eh!? Seriously?! I didn't know you were a king too Nii-chan!!"

"Tsk" Kyoushiro clicked his tongue as he denied the role as king.

"I'm not. Don't give him any ideas of who I am"

"Hmph, you say that but you also have two other wives. One was another Queen of different country and the other is a hero"

"Seriously!? That's so cool nii-chan!!"

"......."

Finnick couldn't help but be impressed. The person before him was someone great enough to have two Queens on each arm and one hero on his back. There was not much people there that could have such luxury like him. 

For Kyoushiro, the three wives were just pretenses he had just accepted because he gave up correcting people. Lucinda was indeed his wife and Mikoto was sort of his girlfriend? Kyoushiro was still wasn't sure how to name their relationship. As for Arianne, he just couldn't reject her after all the help she provided.

The maid, who has been walking behind Kyoushiro let out a chuckle. For her, this sort of topic had already been established and it was only Kyoushiro who was still mulling over it. Of course, everyone knows Arianne was more or less obsessed with Kyoushiro. How that happened was another story but it was worth mentioning considering the two helped each other established this country.

"His majesty is a bit sensitive around that topic so please be careful when talking about it"

Those were the words of the maids as she escorted the four to the throne room.

"This is enough, you can prepare some rooms for these guys for now. I'll talk with Arianne first"

"Are they staying for tonight?"

"Something like that. I don't want to hear from people that I don't accommodate guests where I live"

"Fufufu.... certainly"

The maid lowers her head after softly laughing at Kyoushiro's words. The person who she had only been serving for a few months was the kind of person who shows kindness to others who treat him properly and was extremely harsh if not.

Each and every maid hired to take care of the castle knows the Black Hero well enough to be comfortable enough to show such expressions to other people.

As soon as the maid left, Kyoushiro opens the door.

"Wow...."

Finnick exclaimed at the height of the ceiling with glass chandeliers shining down from the ceiling with mist like effect. Not only that, the guards stationed at every pillar of the walls showed such powerful air as if they can jumped at the enemy at any time.

"Amazing....."

Corralia lawed at the colorful glass panels that formed into a flower. There were even figures of people there as though telling a story.

"Oh? Welcome back Kyou-san. I see you brought some new wives I see"

"Just what do you people think of me......"

Edsel welcomed Kyoushiro and his guests. The elf mother of Dahlia, who looked more lively now than before, showed a soft smile as she laughs at Kyoushiro's remark. Finnick was taken aback by such beauty of an older woman that he instinctively ran towards Kyoushiro back and hide.

Elyria leered at the kid who didn't even showed the same expression when they first met while Corralia just muttered "Ara~Ara~"

"I never knew you had a son Kyou-san?"

"He's not mine. The kid's a straggler"

"Ah, I see. Another one of your rescue?"

"Nope, he was already fine when he woke up back on the other side. I don't know why he still stuck around"

Kyoushiro moved away suddenly, exposing Finnick. Instantly, the boy's face flare up as he saw the woman with a motherly figure look down on him with a smile. Elyria showed a disgusted face while watching Finnick and Corralia just watched in silence, enjoying the scene.

"Hey there, my name is Edsel. I'm a person who has been saved by the kindness of the Hero Kyou-san"

"F-F-Finnick......"

Finnick answered bashfully. His face was red and his eyes was darting from one place to another. Probably because the woman before him was kneeled down to his height, further emphasizing the two nuclear bombs on her chest. 

Kyoushiro sighed as he caught Finnick glancing at him for help but the severe look of disgust on Elyria's face was enough to make Kyoushiro look away. Why did he avert his gaze there? Was it because he got scared? Kyoushiro had no idea why he just looked away from Elyria's gaze.

"Kyoushiro! Welcome back!!"

It was then that Arianne entered the room. Unbefitting of her stature, she leaped towards Kyoushiro and wrapped her arms around his back then burried her face on his chest.

"Did you come back after you finished making the [Gate]?"

"Yeah and I'm going to talk with the R&D guys. Queen Rizandra asked for a favor you see"

"Then are you staying for a while? I hope you would....."

With pleading eyes, Arianne waited for Kyoushiro to answer. Thinking in his mind "She really doesn't hold back huh...." as he sighed and patted Arianne's head.

"I will. There's something I need to do for now anyway"

"Really?! Then, shall I call Lucinda-sama and Clara-chan to visit during the festival?"

"Sure, I don't mind. It'll be fun with everyone in one place after all"

Kyoushiro thought that it might be good to spend some time with his daughter Clara. Since his childhood wasn't really that of a good story, having a happy memory won't hurt to much to have. Scars may stay but it'll eventually fade in time. Till then, Kyoushiro would just enjoy the happiness he has right now than completely ignore it.

I don't know how things will go between the three but I hope it won't be too bad— Kyoushiro thought so worriedly.

"Oh? You brought guests?"

"Ah, right"

Kyoushiro introduced the three that was waiting silently behind him. Though, the sight of Finnick couldn't stop fidgeting in front of Edsel while Corralia was just smiling kindly and Elyria simply exasperated, was something Kyoushiro didn't expect to see. He just smiled wryly and go on about what he plans to do in Ambrosia.

"I see.... then you will be staying in your workshop for a while?"

"Of course not, there's a festival going on right? Even I need sometime to breathe"

Working too hard would be taxing and seeing as everyone would be having fun during the festival, Kyoushiro would at least want to be part of it. After all, he hadn't gone to any kind of festivities on earth at all. 

Well, if he count the ones he participated last year and the year before than on earth this might not be his first. But knowing that the festival those shady guys on earth knows about, this time would be his first in a normal festival.

"So with that, these three will be staying here in the palace. I'll leave them to the maids then"

"Understood, I shall have them accommodated as guests so please don't worry about leaving them here for now"

As soon as Arianne said that, the maid from before appeared on Kyoushiro's side.

"Everything has been prepared, I shall escort our dear guests to their rooms"

Seeing the made appeared so suddenly like that, Elyria was startled. Finnick flinched while Corralia had a soft reaction. There wasn't really that different from Oceanus's castle's servants after all.

"Hey Nii-chan, I'm going with you"

"Huh? Why would you do that? Play with some bugs or something"

"I think your perception of kids are quite skewed your majesty"

The maid remarked so. Kyoushiro clicked his tongue in annoyance but seeing that this kid was his responsibility, he couldn't just leave the poor kid alone in an unknown place. Having no other choice, Kyoushiro decided to take Finnick with him.

"Fine, just don't touch anything once we're there"

"Alright!!"

"Haaaah...."

Kyoushiro sighed once more.

"Um, would it be alright if I join you too?"

Corralia asked politely so.

"Hm? Why? I don't think you'd find anything interesting there?"

"It is merely a curiosity Kagami-sama. I just wished to see the other artifacts that only exists in Ambrosia"

That's it? Kyoushiro thought while glancing at Arianne. The Queen tilted her head, not knowing what Kyoushiro was thinking about. Asking for permission from Arianne, one of his supposed wives, Kyoushiro wanted to make sure that taking a woman to his place won't make any misunderstandings. Apparently however, Arianne didn't seem to realize that.

If Kyoushiro recalls, on earth, there are women that doesn't like seeing their partners with other women in their house or apartments. It wasn't from any TV dramas or the like, it was just how his aunt acted when his uncle slept with another woman in the past.

That much was a lesson for a kid to never take other women besides your lover to your place. Having a literal bloodbath wouldn't end well in this world with everyone having magic on hand like a loaded gun after all.

Edsel, who easily read what Kyoushiro was thinking just by looking a his face chuckled and says....

"It is fine Kyou-san, her Majesty won't mind"

".....That so huh?"

Still reluctant to quickly decided on the matter Kyoushiro just nodded. Elyria decided to stay in her room for a while and was granted permission to look around the place by herself. 

Well even if Elyria did anything unscrupulous in the castle, the security would easily apprehend her. That's just how much strong the guards in Ambrosia was.

Using the [Gate] inside the palace that was connected directly to Kyoushiro's tower, the three arrives instantly inside Kyoushiro's own room. The place was wide with a 360° view outside. The furnitures weren't made of wood and were either black or white in color. At the ceiling was a flat round light source that lights up the whole place. If one were to compare it to a hotel suite, it might be one of the expensive ones on earth.

"Wow.... this whole thing is to yourself Nii-chan?"

"Yeah, I didn't get much room from where I came from after all"

Kyoushiro replied flatly then head towards the only door in the room. Finnick chase after and Corralia followed after while admiring the grand view of the city outside.

After getting on the elevator, Kyoushiro went down to his workshop. There, they saw a spacious room with some dwavers and elves working. Golem workers and Magic Iron Knights we're lined up in boxes while the Construction golems have been stopped temporarily since there was no need to further make new buildings in Ambrosia.

Large test tubes with colorful liquids were lined up against a wall on one side and tables lined with chemistry sets can be seen being used by some elves. The dark elves here were scarce compared to the elves.

But the most distinct part of everyone here was that, everyone had black hair and eyes. 

"Amazing.... I have never once seen an elf and a dwarf work together before"

Corralia herself was surprised. In this world, there was this odd feud between elves and dwarves. It might have dated back since their ancestry but normally you wouldn't see an elf and a dwarf work so well together.

Kyoushiro experienced this first hand himself. An elf alchemist fought with a dwarven blacksmith. It was a fight that involves breaking glasses and breaking tools. At that time, Kyoushiro still haven't got the stats to stop such strong people but him kicking the two out and showing all kinds of crafting techniques to the others was torture to the two. Since then, the dwarves and elves in Kyoushiro's tower work in synergy without any sort of fights.

That, or it was Kuro's threatening roar that made them quietly obey Kyoushiro. 

"There are disagreements sometimes but it's better if they work together right? That way, they work fast and efficient. Well, they do their own research here whenever they want so it really doesn't matter to me if they break their own stuff"

Descending from the flight of stairs, Kyoushiro was greeted by the blacksmiths, alchemist, Enchanters and Craftsmen. Kyoushiro greeted them back and gave them some souvenirs he kept his magic necklace.

Then, he went to speak with the leaders of blacksmiths, Alchemists, Enchanters and Craftsmen.

A dwarf, a female elf with glasses, a human and beaver beastman. Kyoushiro calls out to them, who, coincidentally, were on one spot.

"Yo, Jargen, Parsley, Will, Roanoke. Been a while"

"Oh! Boss, welcome back! Haven't seen you in a while too hahaha!!"

Jargen the dwarf heartily laugh and shook hands with Kyoushiro.

"Your majesty, welcome. You seemed more healthy compared to before"

Parsley, the female elf Alchemist smiles slyly as she welcomed Kyoushiro.

"Boss, how was the visit in Paracellumn? Can we go there now to get more materials?"

Will, the human Enchanter, smiles with his glasses leaning crookedly on his face.

"Yo Boss! Got other ideas for new buildings?! I can't wait to make more!!"

Roanoke, the beaver beastman, a small child sized girl, raised her hand enthusiastically. Kyoushiro introduced Corralia and Finnick to them before telling the four what he want.

"I see....."

"A kind of artifact that tells the age of an object..."

"Hmmm.... That'll be hard to do"

"Eh? Not my placed to say anything. I only make buildings"

Beside the three, Roanoke didn't stick long since this sort of thing wasn't her forte. Kyoushiro told her that he might need her help on Oceanus in making some buildings so she left quite happy.

"So? Anything you guys can suggest? I have an idea since there's something similar in my world but I'm no expert in that field"

"Well, after the things that you made in this world, there should be things boss can't make too after all. It's not something to be ashamed of. But even if you ask me, I can't say I have any idea.

Jargen thought that Kyoushiro was pushing himself into making something he can't do by looking at Kyoushiro's face but since he doesn't know anything about such things as well, even he didn't know how to help with.

"As for me, apologies, but I have yet to encounter a special concoction for such artifact. Will?"

"Well, even you ask me, all I could say is that we might need to make a new material for such artifact. I can probably think of a way to make use of the Appraisal stones we have on hand. But that's the only thing I could think of"

Not everyone was useless since what Kyoushiro asked them has yet to exist in this world. The appraisal skill might work but Kyoushiro already tried that but didn't see anything. So, he wanted to make a similar device on earth in this world to help identifying the mysterious item Rizandra was researching.

"Haaaah... Even I don't know where to start. Can't be helped. I'll do Trial and error for this. Magic isn't my forte so I might ask Edsel about the magic spells that could help with this"

"Hoh? That new lady boss brought back a while back? You have such repertoire of wives boss. A hero and two Queens. Even a high ranking mage.... Fumu, truly worthy of praise"

"I don't get what you're thinking about but me and Edsel aren't like that"

"Well, if it's boss....."

"Ohoh! As expected, Will understands huh? It is the boss after all!!"

It seems that Jargen and Will have some sort of weird understanding about Kyoushiro's personality. Parsley sighed saying "Haaaa.... men" before returning to her work. 

Kyoushiro didn't bother correcting the two since it'll just make him look stupid. In any case, Kyoushiro grabbed whatever he needed in the storage before returning to his room.

But.....

"Hey Nii-chan, you have some weird friends huh?"

Finnick seemed to have gotten a weird understanding of Kyoushiro himself after watching what happened earlier.

PART #2

Dwvargo Kingdom of the dwarves. A country built near mineral deposits. It is a large city that runs on magic stones and other minerals inside the mountain ranges of Rogentule. The city is surrounded by a thick wall of stone, carved from the very mountains itself and serves as shield to protect it's citizens.

Here, the monsters who bear stones and minerals in their skins and flesh roams the land like wandering wolves in the prairies. 

However, in this place the sounds of gunshots rang loudly.

"Yuuya, have the other groups ready the cannons. That Mineral Golem won't just fall with just bullets"

"Ok, Kouga"

Yuuya ran towards the otherside of the rampart and had the other group of dwarves ready the cannons. As soon as the blasting begun, Kouga ordered the rest of the dwarves to a wall of dirt to prevent debris flying towards them.

Right after that, the gunshots resumed.

For nearly five months now, Kouga and Yuuya have been fighting as heroes for the dwarves. The amount of monsters were high and were in need of immediate help. As such, when they were rejected by the Elf Queen Elfianna, Kouga and Yuuya opted to stay with the dwarves instead.

As for the reason, it was because the Dwarves we're naturally born Craftsmen. The weapons and armors they make are all top class and further more, their walls are tall and thick. In short, this was the safest in the world right now.

It was what they thought. But when the actually stayed here, everything was different. Aside from mineral golems and monsters there were Giants as well. The ones that are 10 foot tall or something like that. There are also trolls, Ogres and Orcs that made a base at the foot of some of the mountains around Dwvargo Kingdom.

Not only it was hard to access the city due to the harsh and steep roads, it was also to difficult to move in due to the monsters around.

Kouga and Yuuya had to make a request a change of nation they wished to defend to the king of the dwarves but was declined immediately as they were famous for letting out a flock of flame wyverns once in the elf country.

Because of that, the two had no other choice but to stay in this Kingdom.

"Haaaah..... just what did I do to deserve this....."

Kouga, the oldest in the siblings, sighed. He didn't wished to stay in a country full of muscle-bound old men that reek of sweat and oil. Kouga wanted to stay at a place where beautiful women with big bountiful breast reside. The elf Kingdom or the beast Kingdom would have sufficed but they were rejected.

Well, it's not like there aren't any beautiful women in Dwvargo Kingdom. There are some, even if they are a rarity even among the dwarves.

Unlike other races, the women in the dwarven race are small and stout. Women that are barrel shaped are the norm and are very well accepted by the male dwarf community. Not only dwarven women are good with making weapons, they are good with making alcohol as well. Making them well liked by the dwarven male.

Yes, only dwarven male.

Kouga, of course, wasn't to discriminate. He liked everyone of course since they were all niced and all but, liking sexy women and children size women are different. Kouga understands that this was another world but.... the young looking dwarves looks more like 12 year olds rather than 25 year olds.

Yes, that sort of difference between a regular woman and an ordinary dwarf woman was so wide that Kouga was left unable to decided whether to get a girlfriend or what.

There are other races in Dwvargo Kingdom but they are adventurers that comes and go. They don't stay long in the city, making it hard to find a proper partner in this city of muscle-bound old men.

As things stands, he might run away and leave Yuuya here just to experience what it's like to feel a real woman. The regular size one to be exact.

"Argh!! Just why do I have to stay here!! I already told them how to make matchlocks but that damn old dwarf still doesn't want me to leave!!"

Matchlock. They are the old guns that was used on earth during the first world war. Kouga had some knowledge with guns. At least, the airsoft ones but he didn't think it would be useful in this world.

Kouga likes FPS games so he likes guns and the like. As such, he looked into the history of guns and how they were made. Though he did gave up the moment he saw how wide the history of guns were.

But with trial and error, Kouga was able to make matchlocks in this world with the help of the dwarves. Thanks to that, not only golems but giants as well were felled by the cannons and the guns.

Yuuya helped with coordinating the army so there was a systematic shoot and reload sequence made for continuous barrage.

Anyways, Kouga had it with the Dwvargo Kingdom. He had enough of the muscle-bound old men that reeks of sweat and oil and their skinship. Kouga wanted out, if only he could change nation.

"Looks like you're complaining again huh? Lad?"

"Bestven.....I really just can't help it you know? I'm a normal teenage boy with needs. I need women with large racks not women that has more fat than breast!!"

It was one worthless and pathetic complaint Bestven have ever heard but coming from a human, it was very understandable. Kouga wasn't born in this world after all so there are things he himself find repulsive in other races.

Bestven, one of the few aids tasked to help the brothers around, can't help but sigh.

"That I can't help. But I'm sure you'll be happy once you've heard the news"

"News? What news?"

Kouga turns around and questions Bestven about what he meant. Around that time, Yuuya had returned after finishing his rounds. The cannon fire and gunshots just ceased, meaning that the monsters are gone now.

"Kouga, what's up?"

"Ah, Bestven here said something about a news from other countries"

Bestven then relayed to the two about what happened to the other countries while they were quietly fighting the monsters in Dwvargo Kingdom. About a Demon Lord dying and Kyoushiro and the other heroes working together to defeat it. About Travestin nearly fell after the attack of a Demon Lord but managed to survive with the help of Mikoto and Inomiri-sensei. Then the incident with the elves and now the establishment of Ambrosia, which is being recognized as the country with no monsters.

News about Ambrosia have spread as it opened it's doors to other countries. They used an artifact that makes the traveling easier and was now connected with Paracellumn and Travestin. Not only that, the news carried by the adventurers from Travestin to here in Dwvargo Kingdom says that Ambrosia was like another world. wheel-less carriages that moves around as it hovers, tall buildings and many more.

Kouga and Yuuya froze as they heard this.

"Apparently one the heroes that was sent in Ambrosia was the one responsible for it's sudden change. Well, I heard it was just a ruined Kingdom in the past so even I got surprised when his majesty said that a new nation was established in the wasteland"

In this world, many countries fell already. From wars of the past, the monsters and even Demon Lords. The caused of many nations falling was only normal in this world. However, the rare one's where a new nation is found are different. 

There are hardly enough people in the world to occupy a land that was always riddled with monsters. 

But that wasn't what made Kouga quiet. It was the hero that was sent to the wasteland that helped in making Ambrosia itself. 

The only person he and the others know that was sent to the wasteland was Kyoushiro Kagami. The bastard that tried to kill them.

"Kouga....."

"I know. It's that guy huh? I didn't know he's still alive. To think he'd go so far as fooling other people of this world"

For Kouga, Kyoushiro was the reason why he nearly lost his brother's and his own life. What happened in that dungeon was because of Kyoushiro and with that, Kouga couldn't forgive him. They nearly died there after and what's more, most of the soldiers Kouga got acquainted with died in that dungeon. Kouga couldn't live with that.

"Tsk, if only we can go there. I'm sure those people are just being fooled by Kagami"

"Kouga, we already talked about this. We can't leave this place. These people need us"

"Oh shut up Yuuya. You only like it here because you don't mind the sleeping with the dwwrf girls here"

Kouga walked off displeased after Yuuya tried to remonstrate him. Unlike Kouga, Yuuya didn't mind staying in Dwvargo Kingdom. Not because of the women, but he has grown attached to the people that welcomed him here like one of their own.

Furthermore, Yuuya's class [Heavy Knight] fits how the dwarves fight. It was thanks to this that Yuuya got more friendly with the dwarves than Kouga.

"I'm sorry about my brother Bestven-san. I'm sure he didn't mean it"

"It's fine. The lad was just frustrated. Anyways, what about you? How are you holding up?"

"I'm just fine Bestven-san. Thanks to everyone, I'm starting to feel at home here in Dwvargo"

"I see, that's good to hear. It's nice to have a nice home to settle in after all. I just hope your brother warms up to us already. There are others that are complaining about him"

"I'm really sorry...."

"It's fine. It's nothing I can handle. Well then, let's head to the mess hall. Would you join me?"

"Of course!"

And so, the stark difference of the figure of a hero was seen between the brothers. A disatisfied and irritated hero and the kind and welcoming one. As the brothers begun to move two separate paths, another battle was about to begin....

3