Vol. 4 – Ch. 13 – Interests
342 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 4 – Ch. 13 – Interests

PART #1

There are monsters called Giants. They are over 7 meters tall, has long arms and slouched back. They have elongated heads and long beards. They often carry clubs or maces made of boulders and stones but they sometimes seen not using any weapons. Their arms are enough to substitute catapults and their sheer size threatens even other monsters such as orcs and ogres.

What makes the 7th Demon Lord different from this Giants was that he was not a mindless monster. He was a human being that never stopped growing and obtained a long life after eating one of the hearts of the Hydra King Ruxtorth.

Furthermore more, the Giants that only follow Titan King Erbernd were the ones that recognizes strength. It was an army based only on the strongest men.

And in face of those Giants, dwarves are more like ants. With their small stature, it would be relatively easy for Giants to step on dwarves that are half the size of human men.

At the South outposts where the 134th Garrison was stationed, the figure of the Titan King Erbernd walking pass the trees just below the cliff was something anyone would be alarmed off. The 7th Demon Lord was well known for his tenacity, wits and sheer inhumane raw strength. Unlike most Giants that does not posses any magic powers at all, Titan King Erbernd was still growing his.

Because of this, the south outpost quickly alerted the capitol in case the Giants were to attack. Though the walls are high there, Giants would still be able to climb them.

Once this news reached the army division of the Dwvargo Kingdom, the whole army immediately sortied in case an attack were to come. In the past, such attacks happens in surprise that many soldiers and adventurers died after the fight. Reports travelled slowly as the horses in this mountains aren't well trained to handle the rough terrain. Though they did employ aerial carriers but being small and easy to eat by large predators, it became useless overtime as most messages would come later or never arrive at all.

Now, thanks to the communication device that was provided by Kyoushiro Kagami, reports from all outposts came in fast and swift actions would be applied immediately before any disaster strikes.

The walls was quickly filled with musket bearing soldiers. Adventurers went out of the walls to prepare the smaller monsters attacks in case another surge of monsters were to come if the Giants were to attack.

Yuuya Mizushima sighed as he felt his chest tightened. The anxiety he was feeling when he heard about the news of the 7th Demon Lord being sighted outside the South outpost caused his stomach to churn. Though he resisted to vomit the contents of his stomach, the effects of the alcohol were still present in his body. It didn't made him brave or anything else for that matter.

He held the small knives in both hands as tightly as he could as if trying to force the fear inside him from welling up.

"Fuuu....calm down.... I'm a hero.... I can do this"

Yuuya Mizushima chanted so numerous times to fool himself into doing something.

"Oi! Yuuya!"

It was that Kouga Misumi came. His aloof appearance was gone and was replaced by a drunken smile that had still some marks of vomit streaming down his neck. He didn't seemed to have washed and neither was he sober.

Kouga Misumi walked to Yuuya Mizushima like he always do.

"K-Kouga.... you're still drunk?"

"Huh? What's the problem if I'm a little drunk? It's not like I can't fight while I'm drunk!! I'm a hero too! Kagami isn't the only one that can kill a Demon Lord or two!!!"

Kouga Misumi was drunk. Though his speech wasn't slurred, his eyes didn't seemed to be focused right now. He was chanting "I'm a hero too!!" again and again like madman on drugs. Yuuya Mizushima could look at his half brother with sorry filled eyes.

"K-Kouga! Calm down!"

"What?! How dare you shout at me?! I'm you're brother!"

"I-I'm sorry but this is really isn't the right place to—"

Yuuya Mizushima couldn't finish what he said when the alarm bells went off. The sounds of muskets firing and the shrieks and growls of monsters attacking from all sides. Yuuya Mizushima quickly changed his gears and ran off to the front lines to help the Adventurers. 

Seeing Yuuya Mizushima ran off like that in a hurry, disregarding Kouga Misumi's situation, the half brother that was left showed a pissed off look on his face as he readied his weapon.

"Damn brat, who does he think he is? He's just the son of a whore"

Kouga Misumi cursed as his younger brother's attitude towards him and walked back to the city after taking out another bottle of ale from his magic bag.

The Giants aren't an intelligent race. In fact, they have a rule that only the strong leads. However, if basing on instincts alone, the Giants will immediately act. The same for looking for food.

The Giants that lived at the southeast part of the mountain range, around roughly 37 kilometers away from the south outpost, were doing their usual thing.

*Gruoooooh!!!*

Fighting.

Large tree trunks that act as clubs clashed. Hit after hit made the audience roared in excitement. Those who see blood spraying around as the clubs hits the flesh of each opponent, the louder the place was.

Right now, there are two giants fighting at the center, a makeshift arena made by the Giants themselves. Boulders act as the boundary of the arena and whoever steps over it or dies loses. 

The fight as a duel to the death. The Giants that doesn't care if one of them dies, just cheered on the one that was winning.

When the other one fell on one knee, the other took advantage of it and swung down it's thick club down on the other one's head. The crunchy noise that came after the blood splatter was muffled by the roars of audience.

Another weak giant died meant another food on the table. Since Giants are relatively big, their stomachs was also just as large. Meaning, their appetite goes beyond consuming a village of humans. A single giant can devour two village worth of humans including cattle and harvest.

As the corpse was taken away by a giant with a butcher knife made of stone on it's waste, the winner raised his arms up high. The Giants cheered for the winner once more.

And then....

*Gruoohh!!!*

Another battle starts. This was the way of the Giants. This was also the cause for many animals and monsters to run away to different directions in fear of the hunger of Giants. 

"Oh? Looks like these idiots are doing that thing again"

Titan King Erbernd just arrived. He looks down at the giant's settlement with a smirk on his face. He has been living with the Giants for a long time now so he knows the nature of these monsters. They fight, eat, sleep and then fight again. They were like battle junkies only in their race. After all, though it often happens, they only fight strong individuals sometimes. 

If the leader told them to attack a city, they would. If the leader told them to fight to the death, they would. That's because how giants are. A threat not only to others but to themselves as well.

The 7th Demon Lord enjoys a good bout himself. But the way the Giants do it was not something Titan King Erbernd enjoys. It wasn't about the battle that makes him unable to do the same thing, it was more like he dislikes how mindless the giants fight. It doesn't have the good feel of a battle. It was just mindless slaughter.

As such, when such battle between Giants happen, he only watch. If another giant challenged him, he would just beat that one down and rest. Everyone else can do what they want.

"As expected, mindless barbarians to the end"

"Oh? Well if it isn't the ice queen herself. Have you finally come to your senses and decided to become my woman?"

The 3rd Demon Lord herself made an appearance. 

"Oh my, have the Titan King himself had his brain shrunk by staying with these mindless meat sacks?"

A cold smile hidden upon her icy white fan. Titan King Erbernd roars a loud laugh as he was rejected once more by the woman he was trying to get for so many years now.

"Gahahahahaha!!! You're still like before Ice Queen. If only I hadn't lost that fight, you would've been mine"

A dangerous smile flashed on the Titan King's beardy face. The fight that he was talking about was when he was still around the size of a human. He went challenging the Demon Lords starting from the 8th Demon Lord down to the 3rd Demon Lord. However, he couldn't pass the limitations of a human back then even though he had devoured one of the Hydra King's heart.

The battle where the Titan King proposed a challenge against Lady Snow was a fight to have the hand of the fairest lady of the land. Naturally, only the most dumbest of fools would go to the coldest place in this world just to challenge a Demon Lord but the Titan King was different.

When a town where he was staying at was attacked by the minions of the 3rd Demon Lord, he didn't felt fear but rather, the moment he saw her figure freezing even the souls of the innocent in her wake, he found her the most beautiful woman in the whole world. His obsession only began after he last the fight against Lady Snow.

"Fufufu, you will never win o Titan King. A woman such as I can only deserve the best and I do mean only the best"

It wasn't like Lady Snow was looking for a spouse. For an ice spirit herself, the thing called love was nothing but a fragile ice that melts during the spring. For her, it's an unneeded emotion that could only make her look human.

She was Demon Lord, a being that was created by this world. She was born more free than a simple ice sprite, as such, she does whatever she does and gets whatever she wants as she is free.

The Titan King Erbernd agreed with Lady Snow's words with a fierce nod. "True! That's true!!" he mutters with a proud smile.

"Anyways, I did not come here to see you Titan King. I have some news to tell you"

"That so? Well, if it's bad news I don't want to listen. I only need good news"

"Then the good news is, a new Demon Lord is born"

As soon as he heard that part, Titan King Erbernd suddenly looked disinterested.

"A new one? That's nothing new. Aren't there 13 of us already?"

"Nay, we've lost two actually"

Titan King Erbernd paused all of a sudden. 

"What?"

"It is true. The 9th and 12th Demon Lord has been slain. A hero took their lives"

Hero, it's a being that hasn't appeared since the 1st Demon Lord. For the Titan King Erbernd, such being has never been a point of interest to him. After all, heroes are only from bits of legends, exaggerated by the past story tellers in order make the children believe that there is hope in this world.

Once as a human, Titan King Erbernd also wanted to be a hero but thinking that something like only comes from legends, he stopped trying to become a hero and did whatever he wished to instead. The training he did as a child did served it's purpose in helping him becoming strong but as his size became that of a monster, being a Demon Lord felt more better than becoming a hero.

Still, Titan King Erbernd did not imagined that two Demon Lords, that's at least hundreds of years old, could die like that. 

"Was that hero strong?"

"Hmm... As human, no. The amount of time he was close to death was quite high. Especially when he fought against Demon Lord Trause. However, after becoming a Demon Lord, he easy took down the 12th Demon Lord"

At that moment, Titan King Erbernd was struck by lightning. The new Demon Lord was actually a hero that had defeated two Demon Lords. In other words, he was a being that contradicts the sides of being a Demon Lord and a Hero.

"That hero you speak.... don't tell me he is the new Demon Lord?"

"Precisely"

It was like that. There was no impossibility in this world. Unless the world itself decided what you are, it would let one turned into two different things. Titan King Erbernd believed that his ever growing size was made on purpose by the world. Because if one were to think about it, there are one too many Demon Lords with so little of the heroes. When the monsters in this worlds never ends, no help came even after 500 years. 

Only the first hero was able to fight the 1st Demon Lord and lived to eradicated about half of the population of monsters in his time. Since then, the monsters grew larger and larger and fewer countries even became less. 

Will this new Demon Lord bring about change in this world? Or will he be a threat? Titan King Erbernd feels the chills of excitement as he imagines a battle against this strong Hero Demon Lord person.

Not missing the pure excitement on the Titan King Erbernd's face, Lady Snow chuckled.

"Fufufu, as I have expected. You would even dare to challenge him"

"Hah! Of course I would! This is a hero we're talking about!! A Demon Lord needs to fight a Hero!! It's written in legends!"

Just how a child gets excited from a new toy, the Titan King Erbernd raised his voice. His laughter echoed through the forest as his large lungs exhaled strongly.

"Gahahahahaha!!! I've been waiting for a good battle for a long time!! I thank the Ice Queen for giving me such good news!"

"Fufufu, I do not mind you being happy and all that. But you are not the only that had wished to fight such person"

"Oh? who else wants a piece of that hero?"

When asked, Lady Snow brings down her fan and uncovers her face. The fairest lady of the land showed her beautiful smile that made the Titan King Erbernd stop for a moment. In the moment that the Titan King Erbernd was lovestruck, Lady Snow's lips parted.

"The 1st Demon Lord"

PART #2

Ambrosia is now one of the busiest countries in the world. The moment it's doors became open to almost anyone, nearly every living civilians in this world became interested in entering this kingdom.

With it's remarkable and eerily terrifying structures as well as the protective barriers set up both inside and outside the kingdom, it was only normal for most people to think that Ambrosia was the safest place in this world.

Monsters are taken down by the sentries known as the Magic Iron golems. The Black Soldiers goes around dealing with foreign aid as per Queen Arianne Aurolius's orders. Now both Travestin Kingdom and Paracellumn Kingdom was receiving military aid from Ambrosia.

Defense weaponry like the cannons on top of the spires of Ambrosia's outside walls weren't placed outside territory. It wasn't that they didn't want to give other nations such defense capabilities, rather the only person that could build such a thing was Kyoushiro Kagami only.

Normally a ruler may order a hero to do things for the sake of the nation. That includes foreign aid and giving other nations the same defense weaponry as Ambrosia. However, since Kyoushiro Kagami was treated and seen as a king in Ambrosia, even if other nation were to force Arianne to make Kyoushiro Kagami do as the other nations orders, it would up to the person himself if he was willing to do so.

Though after the mess at the parade, it would normally be a dark and heavy atmosphere. People would go and complain to the ruler about the behavior of the hero and asked for him to be judged fairly.

But in contrast to that, it was as if the incident that happened, never even existed at all. The streets were flourishing, the buildings were being occupied and bought by numerous families, merchants doing their best to make deals with the other merchants inside Ambrosia and even Adventurers were free to roam and walk around like a tourist.

There were smiles instead of frowns. Moreover, even if there were some people that were dissatisfied with Demon-Spawns around the city, the Magic Iron golems would take care of it.

As such, the city outside the castle was relatively peaceful. There were no mess and neither were crimes. It was even hard to imagine there would be some slums around but compared to other cities, small houses that were left by it's previous owners were given to those people who could afford to by an apartment room.

Now, it was like every city on earth, bustling yet peaceful.

"Mommy, let's go there!"

"Ah, Clara wait!"

In one part of the city where an amusement park was built for the sake of recreation or rather, forcibly built by the worker golems, which had the plans drawn up by Kyoushiro Kagami himself, inscribed inside them, built. It had the complete set of rides that most of the ones on earth has. Rollercoasters, Ferris wheels, merry-go-rounds and so on. 

It was kind of hard to understand why Kyoushiro Kagami planned to build such a thing in the first place. Since, there was hardly enough time to play around in this kind of world where monsters roam almost everywhere.

Nevertheless, it did served it's purpose. Now, it is one of the many attractions of the city where even commoners enjoys. Even nobles who came to play couldn't complain standing in line on a ride. It was truly like on earth where there was no wall that divides people.

Lucinda has brought the children to this amusement park in order to forget what happened. After the talk they had with Corralia and Elyria after the incident, Lucinda wanted to let the kids enjoy some time for themselves to forget that horrible incident.

Naturally, the kids who have never been to such place felt it was like paradise. Clara, Dahlia, Rea and Lea all went choosing the rides they want to ride with smiles on their faces. They had candied apples and cotton candies in their hands as well as flower crowns on their heads. A signature souvenir of the amusement park.

Clara was pointing at the rollercoaster when Lucinda was standing behind with Niya behind her with a parasol abover their hands. Bodyguard duties were left to the Black army soldiers. Though unlike the usual mismatched armors they wore in the army, they were wearing blacksuits for this occasion.

Some even liked wearing them and puffed their chest with pride. It seems that even in another world, the feel of wearing a black suit while guarding a high profile celebrity was romance.

"Your highness, please settle down. The guards will properly look over her highness princess Clara"

Niya adviced Lucinda not to overexert herself and let the bodyguards do their job. Then, hearing Niya's words one bodyguard went to chase over the kids who ran up to get in line to ride the rollercoaster.

Lucinda sighs. Her mind is still preoccupied. It was about the talk that she and the others had with Corralia and Elyria. About what happened to Kyoushiro and the others back in Paracellumn.

Lucinda was bothered by the fact that Kyoushiro turning into a Demon Lord might cause some dissatisfaction among the allies. There were already some nobles fearing Kyoushiro and Ambrosia's power becoming too much to handle by other nations. Although it was good in times like this where their common enemies were Demon Lords and monsters, it wouldn't be as good as now once the Demon Lord disappeared.

Other nation rulers, decided to have Kyoushiro Kagami be monitored by each respective race, acting as a support or companion for Kyoushiro while he goes around settling wars against monsters and helping other places by connecting them via [Gate].

Corralia and Elyria were chosen as Kyoushiro Kagami's watcher. In case something like what the incident in the parade happened, they would try and calm down Kyoushiro Kagami as much as they could.

Normally, this would kept as a secret. Since the only person that can do so was Lucinda herself. But Corralia and Elyria decided to tell Lucinda about their mission so that in the event that Kyoushiro were to go wild without Lucinda by his side, they would be able to calm him down.

Lucinda thought that it might be best to not let Kyoushiro Kagami be as the hero anymore and just let him rest in Ambrosia or even in Travestin for that matter. But him being the only one that can set up the [Gate] like the one in Travestin or in Paracellumn, it was hard to let him stay on the sideline. That was her thoughts as a ruler and not as Kyoushiro Kagami's most important person. But if she were to think what's best for Kyoushiro Kagami as his wife then it was better to just let him rest in Ambrosia or in Travestin.

"You have been sighing a lot your highness. Is there anything that's been bothering you?"

"Just a bit. I have been thinking about Kyoushiro-sama"

Niya tilted her head as she couldn't understand why she says that Lucinda was always thinking about Kyoushiro Kagami.

"I'm sure his majesty is just alright. He isn't the type that would just take hits when he gets attacked. Moreover, in his position, it is hard to believe that he would be subjected to the same treatment anymore"

Kyoushiro Kagami was a hero. That news spread far and wide already in both Travestin and Ambrosia. They had given even other nations news about the defeat of two Demon Lords and that the crimes placed on him was just based on some lie in order to get rid of him.

Travestin was doing it's best to make the other people in their nation to not discriminate the Demon-Spawns again and the term "Demon-Spawns" should not be used anymore to likened the dark haired and eyed people. 

Although some still thinks that Demon-Spawns are related to the Demon God, Former Queen Isabelle had relayed that if not for those people they call Demon-Spawns, Travestin would have been burned to nothing and everyone living in the capital city had died.

Thanks to that, most people from Ambrosia are now able to visit Travestin and do business. It was also thanks to that Travestin was rebuilt quickly.

"I know that but...."

"I'm sure that nothing will happened to his majesty. He is the chosen hero after all"

The mark of a hero on Kyoushiro Kagami's left hand has changed. Because that news was relayed to the Holy Empire for confirmation, as they have records of the past heroes, Kyoushiro Kagami's standing as a hero was easily established.

Now with this, almost anyone recognized Kyoushiro Kagami as a hero and not a criminal.

Lucinda waves at Clara, Dahlia, Rea and Lea that was finally riding the rollercoaster. The bodyguard, a grown man, showed a reluctant face as he boarded the small ride with his large body. It was quite obvious that he was very nervous but as the ride started to move, his face went paler.

Slowly, as the rollercoaster ascend to the top of the slope, the bodyguard's face went dark. Then the drop happened. 

It was unknown as to what happened to the bodyguard after that.

Lucinda and the kids decided to rest after they went around riding all sorts of rides. Lucinda, who free up not knowing such thrilling rides was very happy to enjoy such things. It was even one of the things was part of the world where the heroes came from. The ones that Lucinda recalls in her memories however, were the ones created inside Kyoushiro Kagami's mind when she was wrapped in a cocoon of dark chains.

The date she experienced that time was like a dream. There was no danger like monsters and Demon Lords around nor were there were life threatening times of her life getting attacked by unknown entities.

Recalling the ones she saw in that space back then, she could not help but envy the world where the heroes came from.

Still, Kyoushiro Kagami building Earth's attractions into this one was nothing but a pure coincidence. He didn't think anyone would even try and ride the thrilling rides at a amusement park and much less go inside a haunted house attraction.

It was just him thinking that such place would yeild more income when Ambrosia open it's gates for tourists.

Inside one of the restaurants built inside the amusement park, Lucinda, Niya, Clara, Dahlia, Rea and Lea as well as Finnick and the bodyguards were spending their afternoon with a light lunch. 

Of course, Lucinda was a celebrity of her own. There's no one in Ambrosia that did not see or no knew who she was. She was the person that got hit by a rock by the person that Kyoushiro Kagami killed right in front of thousands of masses. It wasn't a pretty sight to see.

In any case the whole second floor of the restaurant was reserved for Lucinda and the rest. Naturally, the bodyguards were guarding the entrance and exits as well as the windows in case something happens.

While the guards do their job, Lucinda and rest were eating happily.

"Mommy! Here!"

"Fufu, thank you Clara"

When Clara offered a fried chicken to Lucinda, the kind mother smiles and takes the piece of chicken stuck to a fork and took a bite at it. Clara smiles joyfully and continues eating. Dahlia was eating next to Rea and Lea, which were eating ice cream cones and sherbet with full of sprinkles on top. Finnick did not really understand what was the point of the rides but he entirely enjoyed everything he was on. 

All in all, the kids enjoyed the day they were given to play. It was an opportunity that doesn't exist in a world full of monsters that can attack you anywhere.

While everyone was enjoying their meal, a visitor came.

"Lucinda-san, I came to play"

"Mikoto-sama!"

It was Mikoto Aizawa. The Tamer class hero that now owned at least 100 monsters. They young girl who just came back from imperial castle joined Lucinda and the kids for lunch.

"I thought Mikoto-sama is busy with helping Arianne-sama?"

"We just finished. I only helped mediating with the elves that came to greet Arianne-san. Because some saw what happened during the parade, some came to the castle to complain. Well, most of the complaints were from the merchants that got scared after one of them got killed after doing something stupid. It was no problem for Arianne-san"

After the parade, some merchants thinks that Kyoushiro Kagami was against the merchants doing business in Ambrosia. One points from the fact that when three merchants came to greet Arianne, they were rude towards Kyoushiro Kagami, who just came by at that time. Added by the fact that one of those merchants ended up dying because of throwing a rock at Lucinda, some believed that Kyoushiro Kagami would go chase out every merchant in the city.

To such complaints, it was obvious they just wanted to get something out of that incident. Seeing as most buildings weren't just for apartment complexes and hotels, some were for malls and casinos. And unlike in some countries, most of the commercial buildings were owned by the government.

The merchants just buy the lease of some buildings or just get permission to rent some parts of the building to make their own stores.

Although some are making a profit thanks to the overflow of customers from Travestin and Paracellumn, some can't even get any customers because they don't want to sell their wears to Demon-Spawns. Which is rather complicated since they opened their stores on a land where those people lives.

It was funny that some are still arrogant enough to act like they own the place when they were the ones that just came and visited. If some of the citizens of Ambrosia were to complain and chase those kinds of people out, no one would voice their concerns.

It was like they were saying they just came by to buy spices off some island inhabitants and goes of colonializing them for the sake of profit. Then when the inhabitants were to fight back those people dare to claim the inhabitants were the enemies.

Anyways, Mikoto finally got released from dealing with those kinds of people. Now she has the time to play around and decided to just go find Lucinda and join them.

Niya lead Mikoto to a seat right next to Lucinda and ordered her some meal. Mikoto, who got used to such service after staying in Paracellumn, didn't think any of it and just thanksd Niya for it.

Before her meal comes, Mikoto asked Lucinda about Kyoushiro.

"Lucinda-san, do you know where Kyoushiro-kun is? I didn't see him back at his tower"

"I'm sorry but I've yet to see him after the incident. He did not come for breakfast as well and I was quite worried but when I had the maids look for Kyoushiro-sama, they said he had already left"

"Geez.... just where did he go to this time?"

Mikoto sighs and crossed her arms. Lucinda smiles then notices that Clara had some sauce smeared on the corner of her mouth and then takes a cloth from her lap and wipes Clara's face with it. Clara smiles innocently and seeing such smile, Mikoto and Lucinda couldn't help but feel peaceful despite being in a chaotic era.

"Still, I wonder why Corralia-san and Elyria-san said those things....."

Mikoto decided to talk about the meeting they had with Corralia and Elyria. The one where they were tasked to monitor Kyoushiro Kagami's actions so that in case he goes berserk, Paracellumn Kingdom and Oceanus Empire would be ready.

Having her reminded such thing again, Lucinda just sighed.

"...... It might be best to let then do as they please for now"

"Are you alright with that?"

When Mikoto asked that, it wasn't about the thing about being Kyoushiro Kagami's observer. It was about Corralia and Elyria being ordered to have Kyoushiro fall of them so that they may become one of his weaknesses. Another shackle to tie down Kyoushiro Kagami to this world and avoid their own country's destruction.

As a woman, being told about some women becoming one of her man's women just to keep him at bay, such thing was insulting. If this was earth, normally, there'd be feud about it between Kyoushiro and Lucinda. Mikoto does still has some common sense in her that if it was her in Lucinda's position, she would get mad.

But Lucinda shakes her head left and right.

"If I am asked if I want such thing to happen, as Kyoushiro-sama's wife, I would not feel anything. After all, in this world, so long as the first wife decides who becomes her husband's second and third wives, it wouldn't really be anything but an issue of being able to keep up such large family. I am happy that Kyoushiro-sama is being recognized as the hero he is and truthfully, this situation is something that can normally happen for a hero"

Polygamy in this world was normal. Especially when lives quickly ends at the hands of monsters. It was an issue of decreasing population. Anyone would welcome such thing. If this was earth, it wouldn't be allowed. But that wasn't the case here.

"Kyoushiro-sama is a hero and became strong enough that other nations became aware of his prowess. I am truly happy for that"

"But this is just isn't about Kyoushiro and those two now is there?"

Mikoto was pointing out that these two nations view Kyoushiro Kagami as a threat and likewise a hero. Though, the balance tilted to the other side when Kyoushiro Kagami himself had turned half into a Demon Lord.

That news was even more surprising than Corralia and Elyria becoming Kyoushiro Kagami's women.

"In the worst case scenario, they'd betray Kyoushiro-kun. Will you be alright with that?"

"Yes. Because that just mean that they do not have the real intention of making Kyoushiro-sama an ally. Furthermore, even if they do try and seduce Kyoushiro-sama, Kyoushiro-sama would probably reject them. He had given me such promise after all"

Lucinda smiles at Mikoto. She was confident that even if Corralia and Elyria were to try what they were planning, Kyoushiro Kagami would just end up pushing them away. It was self-evident that Kyoushiro has no plans on increasing the number of wives he has. He even set the boundaries with Edsel and Dahlia but in their case, Lucinda has no qualms in accepting them. If it were other women, strangers even, Kyoushiro Kagami wouldn't even given them the time of day.

Mikoto smiles awkwardly upon hearing Lucinda's answer. Mikoto knows that Kyoushiro Kagami was someone that wouldn't just accept any woman in his life. Mikoto just decide to barge in his and forced herself onto him. If she did not have the confidence to do so from the start, it doubtful whether Mikoto would be sitting with Lucinda right now as one of Kyoushiro Kagami's wives.

Though, the title of wives was just Kyoushiro Kagami's means of taking responsibility. 

Soon, Mikoto's lunch came. A deep sigh came out from the young girls lips. The kids were already resting after eating a heartful of delicious meals that their stomachs were bulging. Lucinda chuckles as the kids enjoyed themselves to the fullest and were satisfied with what they ate. 

Mikoto's thoughts was still wavering. Because now that she had this talk with Lucinda, was Kyoushiro Kagami just accepting Mikoto because she was forceful about it? And if Kyoushiro did not like Mikoto from the start, would he even consider Mikoto as his girlfriend at all? Such thoughts ran through Mikoto's mind.

The interest she had with Kyoushiro Kagami was a love that came from a chance meeting. One that was years ago before they even got to know each other. Was her love really that light that she just went and decided to force Kyoushiro Kagami into a relationship? Mikoto doesn't know what to think of herself now that she had considered Kyoushiro Kagami's feelings.

0