Vol. 2 CH. 15 – A Deal with a Demon Lord
353 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 2 CH. 15 - A Deal with a Demon Lord

PART #1

There was a married woman sitting before Kyoushiro with a very thin nightgown under his own top shirt he had just took off. She has long blonde hair and emerald jade colored eyes. Moreover, probably due to her being a mother of three daughters and two sons, she exudes a maturity and femininity that her look more attractive. Furthermore, she has long slender legs and a wide hip.

Surely enough, any man would jump at her the moment she entered his own room....

But Kyoushiro was different. Instead of sitting next to her like man who would take advantage of her weakness, Kyoushiro was standing up and leaning against the wall, four steps away from Raflesia.

He wasn't looking at Raflesia but rather, his eyes were looking straight outside the window. Kyoushiro was waiting for Raflesia to speak.

With his arms crossed, Kyoushiro waited patiently. Although he was tapping his right index finger on his arm, he was still patient.

"Hey, talk already"

But waiting for a whole hour now while the sense of drowsiness was kicking in since it was already late, Kyoushiro was losing his patience...

Hearing Kyoushiro's irritated voice, Raflesia's shoulders twitched. It seems that she was trembling the whole time and was scared to even say what she wanted to talk about.

It was only natural since she was begging a man, a Demon-Spawn, she naturally despise, to do a favor for her. If it were in a normal circumstances, then she wouldn't think of coming to his room.

But desperate times calls for desperate measures. She has no choice but to rely on Kyoushiro's power to help.

Raflesia then swallows her fears and raised her head.

"I wish for you to not kill my husband"

That was what she wanted to say. She, who was the wife of Pernicious Calladium, the person who kidnapped the Queen of Elves, was asking Kyoushiro to not kill her husband. 

It was a foolish request to protect the life of the person she loves, but she would not just let anything happen to her beloved husband.

Kyoushiro's cheeks twitched as he heard that request.

"You were eavesdropping.....?"

"Yes.... I have to, in order to protect my husband"

"So you know where that bastard is?"

"........."

Raflesia nodded. Because she was helping her husband in his plans to make every elves a High Elf race, she knows well every but of Pernicious' plan.

Stating so meant that all this time, she was in contact with Pernicious the whole time.

"You...."

Kyoushiro grinds his teeth as he couldn't hide his anger at Raflesia.

"You were just making things harder for us.... Should I just drag you as you are now and toss you at the center of the town outside? Were you planning on turning this world into a dead planet?!"

"I didn't know what to do! My husband only said he would make things easier for us elves!!"

"And the price for that was the very world you guys live in...? Cut the crap!"

Even though Kyoushiro wasn't hell bent in saving Elfianna, this problem concerns Lucinda. Since she too lives in this world as well as their soon to be born child, letting the whole world die just for the sake of one race was too unreasonable.

For Lucinda and their child, Kyoushiro's anger was justified.

"You know what.... I wasn't really planning on helping but seeing you guys trying to better yourselves in the expense of other people's lives makes me sick"

A past memory came flashing back at Kyoushiro. It was when he was in middle school. During that time, he was doing a job that forced him distribute drugs from organizations to organizations. He was a lackey and his worth was only that off a dog.

Those men that hired him to do such job was no different from what Pernicious was doing. They were using others to better themselves and make their lives easier.

Remembering such thing gave a bad taste in Kyoushiro's mouth. But this time wasn't the right time to get angry. Because if he did so, he wouldn't be much different from those guys....

Damn it.... I just got boomeranged by myself... I feel stupid...

Kyoushiro collected himself as he shook of the unpleasant memories of his past.

"Haaaah..... damn it"

Kyoushiro spat out curses as he calms down.

"Alright"

"Eh?"

Raflesia let out a surprised "Eh?" as she suddenly heard Kyoushiro.

What did he just say?- Raflesia's reaction was just like that.....

"I won't kill Pernicious. I will recover the elf Queen and stop the Ascension of the elves but what comes after that is up to you guys"

Kyoushiro looked away with a face filled with annoyance. The fact that he was reminded that Lucinda and their soon-to-be-born child had to live in this world for a while made Kyoushiro accept, albeit reluctantly, the role being the hero once again.

Even though what Kyoushiro wanted was to stay out of this mess, it seems that seeing Raflesia, a wife and a mother, made Kyoushiro change his mind.

"T-Then....No, I'll do my best to help!"

"It doesn't matter whether you guys help or not. I still don't get why I haved to do it since I'm a Demon Lord, but I'll do my part regardless"

Kyoushiro just recalled that Shadow King Crats never did mentioned anything about why only a Demon Lord and destroy the spirit tree. Since the person himself was a Demon Lord, Kyoushiro doesn't understand as to why Shadow king Crats won't do it himself.

Was it due to having a relationship with Elfianna? No, the woman was already in danger since she was being held captive by Pernicious. He doesn't want to be the one that save her. Furthermore, he doesn't seem to want to appear before her as well.

There are still many questions left unanswered because of people that doesn't want to say anything. 

Forcing the answers out was one way but in any case, this time force wasn't optional.

"Once this is all over, I'll have a nice long vacation with Lucinda. I'm to tired fixing someone else's mess"

Kyoushiro made a deep sigh as he gazed outside. Now that his mind was calm and his heart undisturbed, there was nothing that will change his choice...

"I see.... T-Then, as for the price of your s-service....."

"Hm?" When Kyoushiro heard Raflesia's flustered and nervous voice behind him, followed up by rustling noises near his bed, Kyoushiro mistakenly turned his head around.

"J-Just as Princess Lydia had stated.... Y-You will have me in exchange f-f-for your help...."

Laying on top of his bed was a naked elf woman. Her nightgown was neatly placed on a nearby dresser while she was alluringly inviting Kyoushiro with her wet emerald jade eyes.

Ralfesia was lying side ways, exposing her plump behind that had experience five births of children. Her upper half was being supported by her left arm on the bed with her right arm under her large breast, seemingly trying to emphasize and attract the frozen man before her.

Right, Kyoushiro was frozen stiff. Not his lower half but his whole body. His mouth left hanging open from shock and his cheeks twitching for some reason.

That's right, I forgot she listened to what we talked about earlier....

Again, Kyoushiro was reminded how absurd the people of this world...

-

It wasn't hard to chase away the horny elf away, the difficult part was sleeping right after seeing that. As a man, Kyoushiro got excited but even so, as he was a person that sticks to only the person he loves, witnessing and even getting invited by a gorgeous woman, there was no way he would just jump on the opportunity.

Rather, Kyoushiro spent a sleepless night after chasing away Raflesia. 

It seems that after their loud discussion, one of Raflesia's daughters saw how Kyoushiro kicked Raflesia out of his room with only a blanket covering her.

Because of that, during breakfast, the hard and killing glare of Raflesia's Daughter, Rosemary Calladium, made it hard for Kyoushiro to eat breakfast.

He was even surprised at the fact Raflesia's family was joining them for breakfast even though there might come a time when they might kill each other.

Durif wasn't present as he was busy trying to get a ship that would take them to Paracellumn. Since every ship was sent to the elf capital two days ago, there was no available transportation except for horses.

Koizumi and Katsuto recommended to ride wyverns. Minami recommended land lizards but all were rejected. Both were quite a good form of transportation but since there was limited time, until midnight the next day according to Princess Lydia, it wasn't viable.

And so, currently in the afternoon, Kyoushiro was collecting as much as materials he could in the large space behind Pernicious' mansion. Ironically, the person himself was an enemy to the heroes.

"I know I said I'd help but I don't really need your help"

Kyoushiro was building a disposable airship. One that would be used for only one time and could be used as a weapon in case of emergency. A 3 meter long hull was standing behind Kyoushiro with bits and parts of magic engine furnace spread out around him.

Of course, Kyoushiro was doing everything by himself since no one can make a disposable airship right before tomorrow. But before him were a group of elven knights that was presenting to help.

"You guys are a bother so leave"

"Black Hero-sama!! Please me us help!! We promise to not bother you while you are working but please let us help!!"

"Can you guys set up a magic circuit diagram that let's the furnace output twice it's normal power to make the entire ship float? Can you guys make a anti-magic coating on the ship's exterior? Can you guys built a actuation device that systematically delivers data from one part to another?"

"No, of course not" Kyoushiro added grumpily. Because he was busy, he was still making parts from scratch, making him a bit annoyed by people trying to bother him.

Naturally, the magic ships that Kyoushiro built was on part with modern day airplanes. Since this world has magic and those things called "skills" it was possible for one to create anytime they want as long as they have the knowledge.

From what Kyoushiro gathered back in Ambrosia, it seems that there are even more rare materials in this world. Setting aside the ones found inside the world's crust and underground mineral deposits, a person with a creation type skill can make a better material themselves.

Kyoushiro being Kyoushiro, he made parts that resembles earth's industrial and commercial machines. If anything, what he makes are rarer than anything in this world.

Since skills and spells make it far easier to develop scientific devices in this world, Kyoushiro took advantage of that and created sophisticated magic artifacts that could even rival that of earth's advance technology.

Kyoushiro wasn't a genius but coming from someone who always does trial and error, Kyoushiro was just stubborn in making his life easier in this world.

"......."

The elf knight girls looked down, crestfallen. Because Kyoushiro doesn't want their help even though they were willing to do everything he says, they were still turn down.

And since they don't even have much experience in making a magic airship, they don't have any idea of what Kyoushiro just said.

Well in any world, what Kyoushiro mentioned doesn't exist. He only has it because he was the one that designed and developed it.

Kyoushiro returns to work once he finished talking to the elf knight girls.

But, just as Kyoushiro was returning to his work, he felt the space shift. The bright outside yard was suddenly replaced by a pitch black world. As though he just suddenly went from one place to another.

"You have come. As I have expected"

Kyoushiro heard someone's voice. Thinking that it sounded like he heard him before, he turned around and saw Shadow King Crafts, seated upon a throne, levitating in the dark space.

Kyoushiro squinted his eyes to look very closely at the Demon Lord of Shadows but due to the lack of light, there was barely even a shade of Hus face. Only his red eyes shined within the darkness.

"Where is this?"

"This is my world, Limbo. A place where souls of the dead stays until their memories of their lives is gone from their minds. An eternal dark world of madness"

As though presenting his very words, Kyoushiro's ears caught whispers around him. Curious, Kyoushiro used <Magic Seer> skill and peer into the darkness.

Although <Magic Seer> skill can only perceive magic energy from a being or an object, his eyes saw properly the things inside the dark space, Limbo. Just as Shadow King Crats have said, it was a pitstop for all souls.

Right now, each and every corner of the room, silhouettes of different kinds were hanging upside down. Their whispers were inaudible but their squirming showed the nightmares they were showing.

The souls might not have faces but for some reason, it felt like they were all wearing faces of despair and madness. They don't have eyes but Kyoushiro felt thousands of gazes were piercing through him.

Before Kyoushiro could succumbed into the dark influence of Limbo, he shut off his skill and glared at Shadow King Crats.

"You've got one nasty hobby"

"It is not I that wished to be here. My power to govern shadow is similar to what the Dark Lord could do. However, the only difference is that his darkness could not manipulate space. My power lead me here, not by choice but due to forces unknown"

Shadow King Crats waved his hand. In that moment, the pitched black space was turning into a cobbled castle. There were no lights and there were no windows. Only a large throne room where large black hole like drawing was widely spread on the floor.

At the center of that, was Kyoushiro.

"...... That's a nifty trick..."

Kyoushiro muttered as he looked around as much as he could but can only see so little due to the lack of lighting. Just like before, Shadow King Crats, sat on his throne with his red eyes glowing under the eternal darkness.

"As I have said, my power is different from the Dark Lord. We may have the skills under the same element but our abilities differs from one another"

Shadow King Crats can manipulate space while Dark Lord Trause could manipulate gravity. Just like how Trause tore off a large piece of land and had it rain down on the battlefield where Kyoushiro was fighting.

Kyoushiro recalls those incidents and couldn't believe that such thing was possible. Kyoushiro rarely checks his status nor he looks into his skills. Buy probably, there should a skill that can help manipulate gravity as well.

"I guess so. I mean, that guys actually just tore a plot of land and made a rock shower"

Kyoushiro spoke while maintaining his vigilance of his surroundings.

"So? Why am I here? You said you were expecting me right?"

"Yes. It's exactly as you've said. You've entered my world, young Demon Lord. As you've only been a Demon Lord for a four days, your power is still unstable"

"However, I am not here to give you a lecture" Shadow king Crats added while sounding a bit more serious than before.

"As I have told you. I am willing to give you anything you desire as long as you rescue Elfianna"

"Yeah and you also forgot to mention why only a Demon Lord could destroy an overgrown tree"

Kyoushiro made a sour face as he felt displeasure from being looked down by someone like Shadow king Crats. Although Kyoushiro thinks he could win against the Demon Lord of Shadows but inside a place where he can't see anything, the chances of winning was lower than 10%.

Aside from being able to see inside the darkness using <Magic Seer> skill, Kyoushiro wasn't sure if he could even deliver the decisive blow on Crats without losing a limb or two.

What's more, Kyoushiro was annoyed from the fact that Shadow king Crats withheld an information vital to the operation. Something like only a Demon Lord can destroy the spirit tree, was more important than getting a lecture on how to act more maturely.

Shadow king Crats' eyes narrowed. Kyoushiro suddenly felt a presence behind him. 

"?!"

When Kyoushiro turns around, he said an alley he recognized so well he could even say how many times he have passed through there.

The cars that drive through the streets, the people walking idly by or to work and the sound of the bustling city.

It was there. The way back home.

Shadow king Crats showed him what he truly desired.

"You.... what is this...."

The thing you desired the most. A way back to your world"

"Ahhh..... it is...isn't it" Kyoushiro thought. It was that alley where Kyoushiro would pass through after working when he was still in middle school. Seeing the hand drawn graffiti and other trashlike names and signs, Kyoushiro couldn't deny that it was the very world he knows so well....

"How can you even do this......?"

"As I've said, my powers are similar to the Dark Lord but differs from his completely"

A power that can manipulate space and a power that can manipulate gravity. In this world, both skills are under the very same element, Darkness. But despite so, Shadow king Crats was exploiting his power so much that he could even up portals to other worlds.

Seeing such skill first hand, it couldn't believed that he hasn't even took over dimensions on his own. If he had done so, he would have been the strongest being in the world.

But...

"Thanks but no thanks"

"......."

Kyoushiro turned him down. It was the one thing that Kyoushiro wished so much in this world. Returning back to his world. But he has responsibilities in this world as the Black Hero and Lucinda and their child were still in this world. He couldn't leave them behind.

"Instead of that, I have proposition for you"

"A proposition... you say"

Instead of taking Shadow king Crats' offer, Kyoushiro turned him down and offered a deal to him. What that might be, Kyoushiro was showing a mad craze grin as he faced Shadow king Crats.

Seeing such thing, Shadow king Crats couldn't help but smile himself. 

"Ahhh... this man is really the me of that world.....kukuku...." Shadow king Crats thought as he felt his body shiver with joy.

The two had similarities. Although the were born in different worlds in different times. Kyoushiro and Shadow king Crats were very much alike.

"Then, what is this proposition you speak of?"

In that moment as he said, Shadow king Crats' lips parted and showed white sharp fangs as he let out a wide grin.

Then Kyoushiro said in response.....

"I want----"

And so, as Kyoushiro made a deal with a Demon Lord, someone's fate was already sealed. From this point on, there was no need to hide in the shadows and hesitate. It was time for his plans to come into fruition....

PART #2

Paracellumn is the home for all elves. It's a large land filled with nature. Although housed were made of bricks, stones and sticks, the whole place was still surrounded by large trees. Some of those trees were hollow and were being used as buildings themselves.

In this place, the capital of Paracellumn, Yggdrasil, a large tree stood taller than all trees.

It was the Spirit tree.

"So this is the land of elves huh?"

"Yeah, its much more bigger than I thought"

"Isn't it supposed to be more majestic? I mean, it's the land of elves. There should be fairies and pixies you know?"

"This isn't a fairy tale Todoroki. Get your head out of the clouds"

At night. Under the pale glow of the full moon, Katsuto, Koizumi, Minami and Kyoushiro looks down from above.

They were currently on Kyoushiro's half-assed magic airship. A small fishing vessel size with a pair of fins on both sides of the hull. A special turbine was keeping the ship afloat, making it look like its sailing on top of clouds. 

The four heroes looks down, ready to jump off.

"I did not expect Kagami-dono to make a magic airship this good in such a short time"

"It's disposable so it's only for one used. Once we enter the range, we'll go as planned"

Durif was along the passengers of the ship. Not only that, Elyria was with them as well as Edsel. Dahlia remained back in Calladium for this occasion. Although that part did caused a bit of a problem.

Equipped with high-end enchanted gears and weapons, the two elves, Elyria and Edsel walked on the deck of the ship.

They too came along this mission.

"I shall do my best to save her majesty"

"I'll help in anyway I can. You saved me after all, Kyou-san"

The two faced Kyoushiro, equipped with the gears Kyoushiro enchanted himself. [Valkyrie Armor - Brynhild] and [Robe of Ayleith - Mother's robe]. Both possed such names. The first one was the same armor that Elyria wears. However, it was enchanted to the point that it could even fight on the same level as a hero. It could even rival his own sword that Taiga stole [Demon Sword Lucifer - Dawn] which had the ability to destroy magic.

On the other side [Robe of Ayleith - Mother's robe] was more of a defensive gear. It was a pitch black tight body suit that shows Edsel's body line under its purple robe with a wing like insignia sewn behind it. It has the ability to amplify magic power, let it's user fly, deploy hundreds of barriers and heal it's user. It was even on part with his other sword in Taiga's possession [Angelic sword Ikaros - Dusk].

Since they were going all out this time, Kyoushiro made it so that the two would be safe even if the four heroes weren't around.

"I've thought this back then too but..... what's up with the things you make..."

Katsuto utters in disbelief. Even he was wearing something that Kyoushiro made. A full-plate magically enchanted armor. It has the defensive properties of a magic fortress that could repelled both physical and magic attacks. On both wrist of the gauntlets were two straps that was enchanted to store five types of weapons and five types of shield. Kyoushiro made it to suit Katsuto's class as a [Guardian].

[Magic Full Armor - Everest]

"Right, this chainmail and spear feels like it can put it's user into an enraged state...."

Koizumi smiled wryly as he flaunt the pitch black chainmail under his pure white vestment as well as the long Red lance on his hand.

The gear set that Koizumi was wearing had the same abilities as Katsuto's but this emphasize on speed and agility rather than strength and durability. It can increase one speed 10x its base stats and increases damage by 45% depending on how much the wearer wants it to increase. As for the lance, it was about 2 meters. It was a large lance used for jousting on horseback. However, this lance was far more stronger than the spear that Koizumi uses. It's name was [Blood Weaver Spear - Arachnea Lance], specialized in drinking the blood of its victims and used the blood like a thread and form strong and near indestructible thin wires than can slice anything it touch. 

The spear enhances the user's accuracy, speed and power. It's even strong enough to destroy a large iron gate in on trust. Kyoushiro was very proud by it. By the way, the gear set that Koizumi was wearing was name [Fool's suit - Reaping joker] a sort of pun of a name intended to make fun of Koizumi. Though the one wearing it felt that the get set was not something to laugh at. He liked it after all.

"Right, this clothes are just something.... "

What Minami was wearing was the [Dark Saint garb - Defiler] magical set of dress similar to a nun's habit. However this clothes enhances healing skill's effectiveness and the wearer's healing ability. It can deploy magic shields in case of surprise attacks and sprouts dark wings that retaliates with poisonous feathers. It's name [Defiler] came from one of the 72 demon's of Solomon, Valak, to spite Minami. Kyoushiro was still hang up about the time she just ignored him and couldn't get inside Pernicious' mansion.

It went to say that when Minami heard the name, she hit Kyoushiro with her magic staff. 

"While the ship is disposable as you say, what we'll be doing at this high up?"

Durif asked the most obvious question. The ship was around 15,000 ft above Yggdrasil. If they were planning on landing anytime soon, it won't be long before the Ascension of Elves spell were to activate.

At this time, Pernicious might be finishing the spell construction itself. 

Kyoushiro then looks back the capital below and smiled.

"We'll just make a bit of distraction"

"Distraction? What do you-"

Durif's were cut when the ship suddenly tilted forward. Feeling that sudden shift, everyone suddenly leaned onto something for support.

Kyoushiro remained standing.

As Kyoushiro have said, the ship itself was disposable. Although the plan consist of four heroes, one knight, one mage and one guide, they didn't have to use the ship to travel in the sky and wait until the moon was up.

The ship was disposable per se but wouldn't it be better to cause a distraction first and flush out Pernicious? Raflesia lost contact with her husband and seeing as there were no news coming from the capita anyway, its already assumed that the capital was in some kind of state of emergency.

Wouldn't it be good to start a commotion first before rescuing the Queen? No, wouldn't be better to make some space before everything started?

Kyoushiro thought so and had the magic engine last only for a few hours.

Slowly, the ships began to descend....

"Y-Y-You bastard!! Are you trying to kill us!!!?"

Katsuto shouted as he firmly planted his feet on the floor.

"This time is no joke!! We'll die here Kagami!!"

"Kyaaaaaaa!!!!? I don't want to die yet!!!"

Koizumi and Minami both supported each other in panic. The little girl who held her cap down as the ship descends parabolically, screams as tears flew out from her eyes.

Kyoushiro ignores them. Behind him, Elyria was holding onto the railings with Durif, while Edsel was chanting in a very low voice.

-

The ship nears the capital in breakneck speed. Without much bright light around the capital, they couldn't see much. But tonight was a full moon. Although there were clouds here and there, with the light of the full moon. they can see what's in the sky...

The guards of the tall walls surrounding Yggdrasil were looking above. Because they don't know what kind of object was falling from the sky, they didn't know how to react.

That was until someone brought out a telescope.

Immediately after that, sounds panic rang as the emergency bell was sounded multiple times.....

-

Elfianna was held captive. Her hands were tied with chains and her ankles were lock on the wall. 

The moon was beautifully shining above. The spirits were happily dancing under the moonlight like fireflies.

At the center of the top of the Spirit tree, a large beacon made of a pure magic crystal, stood highly at the center.

That was Spirit tree seed. The thing that was saved when Shadow king Crats destroyed Yggdrasil hundreds of years ago. The size were about 6 meters tall with a diameter of 3 meters. 

It was a pillar shape beacon with an angled tip. 

Pernicious, along side a couple if elder eves were standing behind the Spirit tree seed.

"Soon, we shall regain our honors true high elf beings!!" Pernicious grandly announced in front of his guest.

"Today we shall see the world atop of this tower the gods and goddesses have given us! The Spirit Tree shall be our husk as we evolved into our divine forms!!"

The elder elves smiled in expectancy as they couldn't wait to belong among the High elves. The elders, who's forms were only that of an ordinary elves, although aged,  were brimming with vigor as they watch the events unfold.

Because only women can become a high elf, the males were left getting sidelined. The royalty were decided with only high elf blood inside them. The Moon dance ceremony was one of the ritual used to ascend as a high elf however, only females get to participate in such rituals.

It was unknown why only female elves can become high elves. Even if they date back to the first elf ever to be born, no elven men were recorded being a high elf.

Because of this, some thought that only elven women were loved by the gods and goddesses. Because the women of the elf race were all extremely beautiful and attractive, the men thought they were the ugly side of the elves.

Not anymore. Because with this, all elves will ascend equally as high elves. They would rule the races as divine beings that could control nature and elements. Becoming demigods of the world they live in.

They believed that only at such level that males shall be allowed to have the equal love the female elves have from the gods and goddess.

But as Pernicious was giving his speech, a loud explosion rang behind them.

"What was that!?"

Pernicious yelled as he ran towards the edge and tried to find the source of the commotion. Then there, a few kilometers outside if the Spirit tree circle, around the first all, the commoners' area, a stream of smoke was flying up high.

Fires were starting to appear and spread. After that, a series of explosions came.

Hearing such things, Elfianna showed a smile. 

"So they have come.... once again, this city will...." Elfianna thought as she gazed passed the elderly elves behind Pernicious and the edge of the spirit tree.

Because this has happened before in the past, destroying the Spirit tree comes at a great price. The whole land surrounding it will be barren for another hundred of years until a new Spirit tree comes sprouts.

There was no way the Spirit tree could survive this time. After all, Kyoushiro was with the heroes. If it was him then it was possible to burn down a Spirit tree in order to stop the spell from activating.

"Fufufu.... if only that man was here.... I...."

Elfianna's consciousness was flickering. Although she was fine, it seems that she was afflicted by some sort of spell that makes one unable to wake up or stay conscious.

Her memories of Shadow King Crats passed through her thoughts as she remembers the short yet happy times in her life. It was truly short for a human being, especially for Shadow King Crats of the past. But there some things that should be let go.

They parted with the thought of making each other unhappy as they lived a married life. One had a limited lifetime while the other could go on about a thousands years or so. It was one short lived love for an elf and a lifetime for a human.

But still....

"I could have handled this better in the past"

She regretted the fact that she intentionally let Pernicious do as he pleased. Although there have been obvious dissatisfaction among the elder elves as well, she merely turned a blind eye to it.

And so, in front of her eyes were the people who were wishing the absurd for their own selfish gains.

"Damn!! It is that bastard Demon-Spawn again!!"

Pernicious cursed as he watched countless explosions erupted within the confines of the first wall. Fires were eating every houses there was in the vicinity and the number of explosions increased the more the intruders comes near.

Furthermore, it was heading to the center of the capital city, The spirit tree.

"How much of a blunder did that idiot Demon Lord do!? Killing those heroes wouldn't even taken much time, just where us he?!"

No one knew that Dark Lord Trause have died. No one even knew of what kind of outcome happened when Dark Lord Trause blindly flee into the direction where the Black Hero and the other heroes were. Not even how Kyoushiro gained the power to evolved and have turned into a Demon Lord himself.

Truthfully, before all of these events happened, Pernicious made contact with Dark Lord Trause in the past. It was long ago, even before Dark Lord Trause destroyed Aurolius. 

They made a deal back then. In order for one to rule the world, the other will helped them.

Such deal then lead to how Pernicious ended up becoming the lord of Calladium. Edsel's persecution, the great discrimination of races and ousting Elfianna using Lydia, their niece.

Everything lead to this day but Dark Lord Trause did not appear to hold his end of the deal.

That was to prevent anyone that would ruin this special occasion.

But right now, the Black Hero and his band of weaklings, were heading towards the Spirit tree. Another set of explosion erupted.

"Gaaaaah!!! Get every elf Knight out and kill those intruders! Use everything to kill them!!"

Pernicious ordered so, enraged, at the elder elves. Those old men then nodded and used a special kind of handheld magic artifact to contact the subordinates under them.

Of course, since there was about 13 elder elves there, the number of their minions were nothing short of a thousand or so each. With that, it would be possible to fend off the attacks caused by Kyoushiro and the others.

"Tsk! Since when did they have such artifacts?!" Pernicious clicked his tongue as he irritatedly looked at the elder elves used a handheld device, a rectangular object that has metallic gleam, in front of him.

There was no such thing ever created in this capital. 

"Nevermind, I still need to complete the spell" Pernicious thought, forcing his hard beating heart to settle down.

The Spell, [Ascension of the Elves] is a grand spell that needs a large quantity of magic power drawn from the world. Using that, they could take every magic power in every parts of the world and directed them only at the Spirit tree.

However, there was something that the Spirit tree cannot absorb. It was the pure essence of miasma that only Demon Lords let's out to protect themselves.

Because miasma is the corrupted version of magic power, it is poison to the Spirit tree.

Shadow King Crats used the miasma inside his body to corrupt the land and the Spirit tree, making Yggdrasil uninhabitable for a hundred years. Because of that, the elves living in Yggdrasil before moved to other parts of Paracellumn along with their families.

But this time, there was no Demon Lord. There was no way the [Ascension of Elves] would fail once more. That's right, there was no failure this time.

With those thoughts in his mind, Pernicious stepped forward, in front of pillar crystal.

Then he muttered words in ancient elvish tongue. Slowly, light rose up from the bottom of the pillar. 

"Finally, I'll be a god...."

With a bright wide crazy smile on his face, Pernicious spread his arms as though welcoming his new life as a god.

5