Vol. 3 CH. 0 – Prologue: The heir was born
484 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol. 3 CH. 0 - Prologue: The heir was born

 

PART #1

 

There was a young girl flocking in the flower gardens of a certain castle.Her blonde hair decorated with flowers made into a crown and butterflies danced around her like fairies. The child was about 3 years old in appearance, however, truthfully, she was only born recently.

 

Her smile was at its brightest, he laughs can sooth even the toughest of hearts and her adorable inquisitive expressions were just too divine.

 

She was the daughter of the next queen of Travestin Kingdom, Clara Kagami Travestin.

 

"Au...aha! Ahahah!!"

 

Clara laughs as a butterfly landed on her small nose. Her sudden laughter and joyous actions caused the butterflies to flutter away. However, they immediately returned as though they were fond of the child's playfulness.

 

Her dark colored eyes, shined with innocence, peacefully having the time of her life with her little friends.

 

"Clara, come now. It's time for lunch"

 

"Wai~!! Hau!!"

 

Lucinda called out to her daughter, dressed promptly with he elegant white dress. She was young, still not even 20 but in this world, such age was normal for women to have children. As such, her having a child wasn't a problem.

 

Clara happily runs to he mother's arms.In her hand was a bundle of flowers she picked in the garden of her grandmother, the current Queen of Travestin.

 

The said grandmother, was sitting behind the mother and daughter, quietly enjoying her brunch. A woman with blonde hair and pale red eyes, a bit younger than her actual age and a mother of six children. Though, her slim body doesn't seem to say that she had given birth at all..

 

"Mother, it seems that Clara had gotten used to her body. She has already learned how to run"

 

"Hmm.... that is great news. Who would have known she was only born half a month ago?"

 

The two glanced at the child swinging her bundle of flowers while singing a song. Clara was just born half a month ago. She has both Lucinda and Kyoushiro's traits. However, it was rather odd to have a half month old child having a body of a 3 year old.

 

Lucinda then placed Clara at a chair and helped her eat. She, the previous Queen watched the mysterious child messily eat her baby food.

 

"Have you contacted his father yet?"

 

"I haven't.... I feel scared....for some reason" Lucinda answers, her expression grew dim as she failed to tell Kyoushiro about Clara.

 

It was only normal of course, because she had already given birth to her daughter. The father knows that the child was still in its development stage inside her and would have taken 5 more months before she was conceived.

 

However, Lucinda suddenly gave birth. In the middle of a rebellion alongside her friend Mikoto, she had suddenly given birth to Clara.

 

At that time, the mysterious black cocoon saved her and Clara. Although she didn't where that thing came from, Lucinda was still grateful that it saved their lives.

 

However, Lucinda was still unsure whether to tell Kyoushiro anything about Clara. After all, she was born half a year early, something that signifies she might have made love to someone else besides Kyoushiro. She was certain that Kyoushiro would not get mad however, just simply the thought of him leaving her and the child scares her.

 

The old queen showed a caring smile at her child, troubled with her relationship with the child's father.

 

"Do you think he would hurt the child?"

 

"Of course not.... Kyoushiro-sama would not do that..... He loves me and the child"

 

"But....." The words stuck to her throat, considering the possibility of Kyoushiro turning away from her. The old queen stood up, she then walks behind Lucinda and held her head closed to her chest.

 

"Then..... I am sure he wouldn't mind...."

 

"Mother...."

 

"If he had shown much love to you to the extent of even preparing an army to safeguard you and Clara, then I'm certain that he would never shun you and the child"

 

Lucinda's cheeks loosen. A smile crept up on her cheeks as her heart finally settles down.

 

Right, Kyoushiro prepared an army of magic soldiers; one so big and sturdy that even the strongest spells could destroy and ones that so strong that the strongest ramparts were reduced to nothing.

 

Such army had helped them during the rebellion when Lucinda came back to Travestin due to her mother's health failing. At that time, she did not think that a rebellion would occur.

 

The rebellion headed by the King's adviser ... it had happened when Lucinda received a letter from her father.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 and 1/2 month ago, Lucinda watched the airship Phirous depart along with the gifts Kyoushiro had prepared as thanks for the help from Queen Elfianna and Queen Rizannia. Because of the held from the heroes and the elven army, the casualties were lessened and no one suffered greatly from the attack of the 9th Demon Lord.

 

Lucinda had already prepared herself to die alongside her husband but Kyoushiro came and saved them himself, after obtaining a powerful sword from somewhere in another dimension.

 

As the ships turned to dots in the sky, Lucinda turned to Ariannne, who was standing next to her, watching Phirous disappear in the sky.

 

"They have left, Arianne-sama"

 

"Yes.... I would miss Kyoushiro greatly...."

 

The two Queens in their respective Kingdoms, showed each other a smile that showed no surrender to whom Kyoushiro belong to.

 

The fact that Kyoushiro had two Queens waiting for him was a problem. Would he go home to Travestin with Lucinda or will he stay with Arianne in Ambrosia?

 

Kyoushiro was a known criminal in Travestin show wasn't even allowed to come back. But Lucinda bares his child, the heir to the throne exactly in Travestin.

 

It wouldn't even matter if Kyoushiro was a criminal. Because in the blood of their child was the blood of a hero. In terms of the common goal of nations where the heroes summoned to, it was a privilege to have the blood of a hero pass down to the royalties of their world.

 

Lucinda was fortunately she was the next Queen, an incoming ruler once the old queen steps down. Lucinda can easily use her power to grant her child the right to the throne.

 

"Let's go back; it'll be bad for your health if you stay here"

 

"Thank you, Arianne-sama"

 

"It's no problem"

 

Arianne gratefully pushed Lucinda's wheelchair back to the castle. There were guards standing around them but because there weren't much people that hated the current ruler, no one would try to harm them.

 

Still, it wouldn't be bad to be careful. Kuro's guards were top notched and thanks to Kyoushiro's training and powerful equipment, they were stronger than the average adventurers.

 

As the two were about to reach a prepared car for their return to the castle, a maid with black cat ears and tail came with a letter in hand.

 

"You're highness; a letter arrived for her majesty Lucinda-sama"

 

"A letter for me….?"

 

The maid handed the letter to Lucinda, who was perplexed as there should have been no one sane enough to traverse a wide wasteland without a magic airship. Distance wise, it was like walking from west Poland to the Sahara desert.

 

Lucinda then quietly opens the letter and read its contents.

 

"Eh? Mother is....?"

 

Written in the letter were the words "Her Highness Queen Aria Aluferd Travestin, health has declined greatly. We wished to prepare for the worse and immediately handle the enthronement ceremony for your ascension as the next Queen" gave Lucinda a shock.

 

She knows that her mother was not doing well but she wasn't in a very dangerous situation. Her current health was being managed by the most experienced healers and physicians, if anything, her health should have gone better by now.

 

"Is something wrong?"

 

"It's from my country; they want me to return immediately. Mother's health had worsened...."

 

Arianne looked concerned as she saw how greatly shaken Lucinda was. Seeing a frail looking woman, though she had gained most of strength after staying in Ambrosia for a while, Lucinda was still in no condition to move around. Arianne's fave turned serious, immediately after, he asked the maid to call for Kuro, the general of Kyoushiro's black army, to come.

 

"Understood, I shall hurry then"

 

"Thank you. Lucinda-sama, let us return to the castle immediately. I'll have Kuro-sama and his trusted knights escort you back to your country"

 

"Yes.... thank you"

 

Lucinda didn't argue and just simply nodded her head. The driver of a wheeless car, powered by a magic crystal converter engine, step out and helped the two Queens enter the long slick black limousine like car.

 

Once the door closed, the driver went back in front and droved as fast as he could. Trailing behind and in front of it were lines of magic iron knights, hovering at the same speed as the car.

 

 

 

 

 

Kuro had been summoned; he was to meet Queen Arianne at the command room for a private talk. He made his way there as quickly as possible. Following behind him was the two twin fox sisters, Rea and Lea.

 

"Hey~ Kuro-sama, are we going to play with Lucinda-sama?"

 

"Yeah! I want to play with Lucinda-sama!!"

 

The two child fox-men declared so with a *hmph!" and their arms rose in dissatisfaction. In their eyes, Lucinda was a girl that treated them equally despite being demo-spawns themselves. Both have dark fur and eyes but the two distinct tails behind them had red tips. They were different from a normal fox-men child.

 

"This is not time for games. If we are summoned to the command room, there is only one thing that would happen"

 

"That is....what?"

 

"Yeah! What?"

 

"A secret order"

 

Despite the gravity of his tone, Kuro's large bushy tail wagged violently in delight. It had not been long since he was entrusted to command and safeguard the country he was born in, protect it from a demon lord recently and properly execute his master's orders to deal with all the security matters of the kingdom, now he was about to receive another order.

 

As a knight, he was very happy to be relied on. Kuro had been diligent in his work. Was this a reward for his hard work? He couldn't wait any longer.

 

"Heh~ secret~?"

 

"Sounds fun! Rea, let's do this private order!"

 

"Yeah, let's do it too! Lea!"

 

The two child fox-men gleefully danced around. Kuro too was in high spirits that he wishes to dance as well. But right now, that wasn't important. Reaching the command room, Kuro's heart beat loudly.

 

"Your Highnesses, it is I Kuro. May I enter?"

 

Once the three reached the two leaf doors, they Kuro knocked and announced his presence. Similarly, Rea and Lea too did the same.

 

Immediately after, the words "Come in" came from the other side. Kuro then opens the door as he says "Excuse me; I've brought Rea and Lea as well".

 

"That is fine; we might need their help as well"

 

Arianne stood behind the large oval table. Ever since the 9th Demon Lord attack, the command room hand been reconstructed and designed to have the best sort of equipment for enemy surveillance.

 

The Gods eye magic artifact at the center of the oval table was replaced by a round globe hovering over a box shape machine with complicated arrangements of buttons over on one panel.

 

Kuro, Rea and Lea stood side by side after entering the room.

 

"Your Highness, you said that we might need their help as well.... what do you mean by that?"

 

"Lucinda-sama will be returning to Travestin and is in need of a strong and trusted escort. It seems that something happened while she was gone, she received a letter just now"

 

Arianne passed the letter to Kuro. Taking the letter that slid across the table, Kuro then read its contents. His eyebrows frowned as he read through it.

 

"This seems awfully suspicious.... Its sender is not the King"

 

"Precisely"

 

The sender wasn't the king of Travestin, King Vardik Elladon Travestin, but the Queen's adviser, Ricardo Alium Welmner. It was signed and written in a printed manner. The urgency of the situation was there however, it felt suspicious as to why it was he that sent the letter and not the king.

 

Sensing that something might happen, Arianne immediately thought of having Kuro and the two most deadly assassins known in the underworld trade.

 

"I will have you ride a battleship to Travestin. We cannot have Lucinda-sama be harmed in any way; Kyoushiro would surely not let it go"

 

"He certainly won't...." Kuro replied a bit bothered by the outcome of incurring their king's wrath.

 

Once, there was a foolishly thug that tried to beat Kyoushiro up and even laid his hands on Arianne. The thug got beaten black and blue, he suffered humiliation to the point that he didn't wanted to relive such time again.

 

If Kyoushiro was angered, on top of utilizing his armed battleships and army, it was possible that even Travestin would disappear in the face of the world.

 

"In urgency of the situation, I have already prepared the battleship. It's loaded with the gate artifact and the Magic Iron knights. I'm sure that with this, we can show much protected Lucinda-sama is"

 

"Are we going to war.....?"

 

With that amount and the battleship chosen for the occasion, it was like Arianne was prepared to go to war. Even though it was just an escort, it was too much. Even a small battleship was equipped with High powered Rail cannons. Kyoushiro wasn't messing around in boosting up this country's defense capabilities.

 

In response to Kuro's worried words, Arianne sighed....

 

"If I do not do this much, I'm sure Kyoushiro would get mad at me. Lucinda is the first wife and she currently bares his first child. If she were to get hurt, even us won't be spared"

 

"Wouldn't Master be lenient if it’s with you?"

 

"He would but my relationship with him would turn sour. I wouldn't like that all"

 

Kyoushiro loves Lucinda. It was obvious enough since they were flaunting around whenever they were together. Arianne wasn't jealous of it but losing Kyoushiro completely because she failed to protect Lucinda, was a risk she won't take.

 

"Understood. Will it be me and these two?"

 

Kuro pointed at the two children nodding off from the adult conversation. It seems that they didn't want to disturb so they just quietly took a nap. It wasn't a concern; their skills were far better compared to a normal child.

 

Arianne then nodded as she added...

 

"Kuro, I'll have you lead a small army along with the escort. Have Rea and Lea guard Lucinda-sama with Mikoto-sama"

 

"Understood. I shall execute your order"

 

Kuro accepted the work. Since the kingdom was relatively peaceful and there were golem knights patrolling the streets, all day and night, there wouldn't be any incident even if they left. Furthermore, the whole kingdom was being monitored by the God's eye artifact. Even a single third would be identified immediately.

 

Once Kuro saluted, the Rea and Lea woke up.

 

"Is it over~?"

 

"Is it~?"

 

Their sleepy mutters fell on deaf ears as Arianne and Kuro just smiled wryly at the two assassins known in the underworld trade. Since they were trained and educated, it goes without saying that they were perfectly fit for guard duties even for their young age.

 

 

 

 

PART #2

 

One of the things that were truly impressive with Ambrosia was its web like underground railways. Thanks to none stops development made by the Architect Golems, the whole city improved greatly. No power lines were standing out in the streets and the buildings were mostly fortified as well and reinforced.

 

Most landmarks were left untouched but most of buildings and walls now were grey colored structures. The advanced cities on earth were pretty much similar now to Ambrosia, to reach such level of advancement in just a short time, it was truly amazing.

 

The docking bay of ships have been elevated compared to before and was now a building within the northwestern side of the capital. Instead of a warehouse type bay, it was a sophisticated ship bay area that was taller than most buildings with magically reinforced defenses.

 

The specialized battleship, Mordred, a large sea battleship like spaceship, was docked at the top of the bay area.

 

"How marvelous. It truly serves the name of its owner"

 

Kuro had seen numerous ships made by Kyoushiro but the battleships that Kyoushiro designed was even more impressive. Unlike commercial type airships, battleships had more defensive and offensive type armories that require no usage of staff. All of them were golems, leveled up and strengthened.

 

If used, even one small battleship could erase a country with its multiple cannons and laser turrets.

 

"Well.... it is designed by his majesty after all"

 

A crew member of the docks replied to Kuro's words of praise. He was a human with black hair and eyes; though unlike most people working on ships, he was wearing a grey overall with wrenches sticking out from his baggy pants.

 

"I know, it is just something I could never get tired of seeing"

 

"I see....."

 

The crew member then left right away as he spotted some of his crew members were calling for him. After giving a bow to Kuro, he immediately left in a hurry.

 

"Kuro-sama, I have brought Lucinda-sama's luggage. Where is her ladyship is at?"

 

This time, a maid arrived. It seems that she brought most of Lucinda's luggage and daily necessity for her return to Travestin. Kuro turns around and pointed at the ship.

 

"Her majesty is inside already. Please bring everything inside. Rea and Lea are waiting with her in her room"

 

"Understood, thank you very much, Kuro-sama. I shall take my leave then"

 

The maid bows and leaves to the ship. She prepared the suitcases and large bags on a cart and strolled away to the ship. Kuro watched her behind and waited everyone to come aboard.

 

It was still early. There was still time before the battleship set sail.

 

"Now then, I where is that lazy cat"

 

Kuro sighs as he looked at the pocket watched he had in hand as he waited for the person that would handle his duties once he left.

 

 

 

 

 

Arianne watched on her tower. She gazed at the large black and red battleship flying in the sky. Lucinda had has left the country. Mikoto would be staying with her for now since there was no hero left to aid her. What's more, they were friends. It was only normal for them to be together.

 

Just that, Mikoto was oddly busy until the time of the departure. She seemed to be worrying over Kyoushiro's well-being. Seeing as it has taken a while before he had contacted back.

 

According to Mikoto, it seems that the magic ship Phirous flying at a faster speed so they might take a shorter time before reaching their destination. Just that, it seems that Kyoushiro was keeping himself busy by fiddling with the ship.

 

A typical trait you'd expect from him.

 

"Haaaaah...... I wonder when my turn will come next..."

 

Arianne gazed at the empty blue sky stretching over the horizon. Now that the first child was made, there was only the second child to expect after. That would be Mikoto's turn to bear a child. But then, how long would it take them? Arianne was worried. Just how long she would wait until she receives Kyoushiro's child?

 

As a deep sigh escaped from her troubled chest, a strong wind blew over her and made her long velvet colored hair flutter.

 

 

6