Chapter 6 – The Birthday
128 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was Saturday. It had been a few days since Doretta stayed at Valentina’s house. Doretta had learned and got used with their mistress and slave dynamic. She had tried to be nice and obedient to Valentina whenever she could, because that was what would support the best outcome in her current life. Valentina had actually been nicer to her when she was obedient. 

Valentina also had been flirting with Doretta numerous times. Doretta had tried to take advantage of Valentina that was obviously into her by just being nice to Valentina, since she had found that flirting back had been embarassing. Although Doretta was uncomfortable with Valentina flirting with her, this had made Doretta grew fond of Valentina unconsciously. Due to herself faking that she likes Valentina back, Doretta slowly and continuously tricked herself so that became the reality. 

Valentina and Doretta went out to shop for Doretta’s clothes. They went to the marketplace complex in the Wolfkin village. The place was intensely crowded. Doretta could see a lot of Wolfkins. Sometimes she saw  Rabbitkins or another Mousekins. They were most likely slaves.  

Doretta and Valentina passed by various shops. There were fruit shops, jewelry shops, weapons and armour shops, restaurants, and cafes. Then Doretta found a bakery. The smell of breads and cakes filled the air. Doretta gazed at a cake on the display behind the glass wall. It was a big birthday cake. 

Valentina noticed and walked over to Doretta. “That’s a nice birthday cake. That reminds me … when’s your birthday by the way?” Valentina asked. 

“It’s on January 16th,” Doretta answered. 

“So today is your birthday,” Valentina said.  

“I just realized,” Doretta responded. “When’s yours?” 

“Mine’s on June 25th. How old are you?” 

“I am turning 23 today. How about you?” 

“I am 26,” Valentina answered. 

It made Valentina remember about her own birthday and her family. Her mom and dad had never celebrated her birthday for her. She hadn’t been born into a harmonious family. Her mother and her father had been in a forced marriage. Her dad had hated her mom. There had been countless times her father used violence on her mother. Valentina had been an unwanted child, which had been born from her father sexually assaulting her mother. Her mother had treated her coldly, because seeing her had brought up bad memories. 

Valentina started thinking about how she had treated Doretta. Sure, Doretta had been nice to her, but it was because Valentina indirectly forced her into it. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to be a little kinder to Doretta … wait, what was she thinking about? Doretta’s just a mouse. She was her prey. Doretta should be thankful that she even kept her alive. But … Valentina remembered how lonely she was on her birthday when she was with her parents … 

“Because today is your birthday,” Valentina said. “I’ll buy you some clothes as presents. We’ll go to the clothes store and you can pick the outfits you like. How does that sound?” 

“I can pick the outfits I like? Well … people tell me I got a bad sense of fashion so that might not be a good idea,” Doretta said as she put her hand on the back of her head. She laughs at herself. “How about you pick the clothes for me?” 

“I’d love to,” Valentina answered. 

6