Chapter 28: Time to leave
44 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Aafia how many weeks before the mutant zombies appear?'

Anik asked Aafia.

[A week.]

*Sigh*

'Calm down Anik, calm down. You still have a week to prepare. You can easily kill them with the resources you have, so don't worry.'

Anik tried to calm himself by talking to himself.

"Well, so let's meet Sophia to check out injuries."

Luna said to them and Anik's calmness instantly went away.

They all go to the medical centre. Sophia was helping the injured. And when she saw Anik and the team's injuries. She first checks the patient and then comes towards the team.

The team members were getting checked by other doctors and Anik was as well.

When she appears near Anik, she sends away the doctor treating Anik. And started treating him herself.

"So what caused you and your teammates to have these injuries?"

Sophia asked Anik.

"Um, we had a major scuffle with some survivors. In that scuffle, we all got injured. Well, it's good that we didn't get any serious injuries." 

Anik said to Sophia.

"Well, I can see that. You defeat them or kill them?"

Sophia said to Anik after carefully looking for injuries.

"We had to, we didn't have any choice."

Anik said to Sophia seriously. And Sophia just nodded.

After checking them and treating them, Sophia gives them some painkillers and sends them away to rest.

"So, what are we going to do for a week?"

Jonathan said to the team while walking outside the medical centre.

"Just rest for now."

Luna said with a tired face.

After that, all the men went to their room and Luna also went to her room.

-------------------------------------------------

IN THE ROOM/7:33 PM

Everyone is eating the ration given to them without any meat.

"Oh man, it's to swallow the food without any meat now after eating meat every day for three weeks."

Jonathan said while eating and frustrated.

"Then why are you eating the food like you love it? You idiot."

Ace said to Jonathan with annoyance.

"Because I am hungry, you dumbass."

Jonathan said to Ace with anger.

And both started to quarrel with each other.

Anik and Holden just eat the food and watch their quarrel with a smile.

After finishing the food, everyone started to fall into their beds and fall asleep.

But Anik was thinking of something.

[Are you thinking about the Cain fight where you almost died.]

'Yes, And I wouldn't have died. But I would have exposed my secret.'

Anik said to Aafia.

[So you had to kill all of them to hide your secret. Right?]

'I don't know if I could kill my teammates.'

Anik said to Aafia.

[But your secret would have been exposed, and you could have been in danger.] 

'I know, and would have run away if my secret was exposed after killing the enemies.'

Anik said to Aafia.

[So you are going to risk your chance to go home because of your teammates in this world.]

'Um, I don't know.'

Anik said with difficulty.

[So now you have a weakness for not being able to use your power in this soon-to-be supernatural world.]

'I will not have a weakness. I have already found my solution to my problem.

I will leave this camp and from now on will be solo on my journey. Not only that, but I have got what I want from the military.'

Anik said to Aafia.

[So you're going to leave the military and your teammates.]

'Yes, but first I want to ask you something.'

Anik said to Aafia with curiosity.

[Sure]

'Can other humans also digest the essence of the mutant zombies?'

Anik asked Aafia.

[Yes, they can. Are you thinking of giving them the essence too.]

'Well, only to my friends after I get infinite of it of course.'

Anik said cheeky.

[Of course, you can get infinite of it and be the apex pretty past than the other and rule the world.]

'I don't have any that kind of thought and I just want my friends to be strong enough to be able to survive after I leave the camp.'

[So you're going to tell them about your power then, isn't that a massive risk? What if they get greedy and try to stop you from leaving?]

Foremost, I will not tell them about my power. I am not that dumb. Second, after the mutant zombies start to appear, I will kill them or our team will have to if the camp wants to survive. 

Then I will sneakily take out the essence from his head and put it in my inventory. After that, will digest 20 essences and leave some to them after telling them their effects.'

Anik said his plan to Aafia.

[Ok that's a good plan if you can kill the mutant zombie but what if they try to stop physically or emotionally? Then what are you going to do?]

'Well, I will first digest the essence and test its power and then talk to my friends about it. And about stopping me.

It will be impossible after I digest the essence.'

[And what will be the reason for how you get those essences and know their effect.]

'I will not give them any reason. It will depend on them to accept my final gift to them.'

Anik said to Aafia.

[I understand, so you decide to give them some essence to protect themselves from the future threat and then leave.]

'Yes.'

After saying that, Anik fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------

THREE DAYS LATER/6:22 AM

IN THE TRACK

Anik and the team are running on the track after almost recoveringng from their injuries. Holden was in the bunker area for something.

"Are we going to do only training for the whole week now?"

Jonathan said in frustration.

"Then, just rest in your bed all day."

Ace said jokingly to Jonathan.

" Same to you, you can also join me and play guitar all day."

Jonathan said to Ace jokingly also.

"If you would rather not train all day. What you say, we have a rematch between each other."

Anik said to all of them.

                             To be continued...

5