Chapter 30: Sparring (part 2)
46 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jonathan was now the one to start the fight.
"Ready... FIGHT!!!"            
Both Anik and Luna run towards each other and instantly start throwing punches and kicks at each other.

Anik was able to barely keep up with her speed but he was hanging in there.

'I am still weaker in hand-to-hand combat so I have to somehow make her fall.' Anik thought to himself while barely dodging another of her attacks.

After exchanging a few attacks Anik suddenly look like trying to sweep Luna's right leg.

Luna saw that and tried lifting her right leg to dodge that leg sweep. But suddenly Anik changes his stance of leg sweep to kick in the stomach.

"Even you can't get kicked and still stay upright while standing on one leg," Anik said to Luna while kicking her on the stomach.

After falling to the ground, Luna immediately tried to get up because she might lose in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

But Anik was already on top of her pinning her down and trying to punch and hold her arms.

However, it was very difficult to even land a bit on her and he tried to catch her arm but she tried to hug him by pulling his head towards her. Because of that, he couldn't even punch her.

After some struggle, Anik was able to get hold of his right arm but she somehow did a reverse one arm up with her left arm lifting Anik with her core strength.

"What the What kinda core strength is this?" Anik exclaimed and shock.

While Anik was shocked for a second, Luna took that opportunity and slammed him down sideways with the help of another right hand he was holding.

*Bam*
With that, Anik loses his conscience.

"Hey!! Anik wake up." Jonathan said to Anik who was waking up holding his head in pain.

After slowly opening his eyes,  he saw three of his teammates staring at him.

"Good fight bro. You almost had her." Jonathan said with a thumbs up.

"Hahaha..yes yes you almost did," Luna said to Anik while patting his back as hard as possible.

The only one who was left to say something about the fight was Ace. All three were looking at Ace to say something.

"Alright, alright good fight." Ace forcefully said to Anik.

"Oh good boy" Luna and Jonathan said to Ace while patting his head.

"Hey, I am not a kid," Ace said to them and all three laughed. Ace just sighed with a smile.

"Ok, ok enough bullying Ace. Let's get back to sparring. Anik and Jonathan will spar together. And Ace you will spar with me." Luna said to three of them.

Just like that whole da,y they spar with each other in hand-to-hand combat, with weapons and as a tag team.

FOUR DAYS LATER/IN THE MORNING

"Finally I will be able to eat meat again. I am starving to some meat in me. Let's go to the cafeteria." Jonathan said to the other four members (Anik, Ace, Luna and Holden).

"We can't, we have to report to the general Liam office directly for today's assignment," Luna said to the team.

Then all five of them reach General Liam's office. After some minor checks, they enter the office.

"May we come in general?" Luna said, to General Liam.

"Yes, you may Captain Luna." General Liam said to Luna and the team.

After entering the office, all five of them greeted General Liam.

"So how was your suspension?" General Liam asked Luna.

"General it helps us to reflect on our mistakes and I will try to not make these kinda mistakes again. I am all to blame. I am sorry general." Luna said with utmost seriousness.

"We are sorry for our mistake. We all are to blame also." All four men also took the blame.

OK, Now for today's assignment, you have to check for any inconvenience in our parameters or around our base camp area and if they are survivors communicate properly but if they are enemies, retreat and tell me about it. And kill any wandering zombies you find."
General Liam ordered them.

"Yes, general," Luna said to the general.

"General, did General Seth find our mistake? That's why you are sending us to recon the area around our base?" Luna asked General Liam.

"It's just when I met with General Seth for trade, he questioned me more than usual and was a little angry too. I just want to be careful and prepared for the worst. Now dismissed" General Liam said to Luna and the team.

After getting out of the office, Anik went to bring the jeep outside and all other four started to put on their tactical gear.

*Rrrrrrrr*Rrrrrrr*Rrrrrrrrr*

"Let's go," Anik said to them and had wore the tactical gear in the garage.

All four got in the jeep, and  Anik drove it to the front gate. After Luna talks to the gate guards for a minute. They let us go.

"Captain, you shouldn't try to put all the blame on yourself. We are responsible as much as we are." Ace said to Luna seriously.

"Yes, captain" The other three also tune in.

"Thanks, guys for having my back," Luna said to the team.

After a few minutes, they reached their destination and Anik stopped at a secure place.

"A,nik why the serious face? Did you get rusty in a week or something?" Jonathan asked Anik.

"It's nothing," Anik said and Jonathan and others didn't say any further about it.

Then they all stealthily try to recon the area.

'Aafia, when will the mutant zombie will appear?' Anik asked Aafia in his mind.

[Soon very soon]

'Fine, Don't tell me.' Anik said to Aafia.

After finding out some zombies, they started to kill them quietly with their knives.

*Bang*bang*bang*....

After killing zombies near them, they heard a lot of gunshots. They immediately become vigilant and stealthily move towards the noise.

After a few minutes, they saw a horde of zombies fighting around 20 armed soldiers.

But there was a very peculiar zombie who was moving differently than other zombies or even faster than other zombies with around the speed of 40km/hr and also had a claw-like hand.

In a few seconds that zombie massacred all 20 arm soldiers.

"What the?? What kinda zombie is that?" Jonathan said nervously.
Luna, Ace and Holden were looking very shocked too. But the most shocked person was Anik himself.

'How am I supposed to defeat that monster Aafia?' Anik said with uncertainty.

                           To be continued...

4