Chapter 31: A peculiar zombie
52 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'How am I supposed to defeat that monster Aafia?' Anik said with uncertainty.

"Is it a new type of zombie?" Luna said quietly.

"I think it is, did you see even bullets are barely pricing their skin? Its claws are cutting humans like paper." Holden said to the team with shock in his face.

"What are doing to do now?" Jonathan said to Luna.

"We retreat fast and stealthily,"  Luna said after immediately getting out of the shock.

Anik was still staring at the mutant zombie who was eating now-dead soldiers like a crazy hyena.

Anik was getting sad not being able to kill that thing and was trying to retreat with his team but suddenly the mutant zombie's head was up like he was smelling something.

Soon both the mutant zombie and Anik's eyes get locked on each other.

'sh*t' Anik thought.

*Boom*swoosh*

The mutant zombie immediately runs towards the retreating team.

"Guys I think we should as fast as to our jeep," Anik said to the team while running towards the which was a little bit far away.

After looking back for a second the team also started running.

"F***, I don't wanna die so soon. I still haven't fulfilled my dream of having a girlfriend." Jonathan said while running.

"You wouldn't die dumbass run faster," Ace said to Jonathan running behind him.

*Screech*screech*The mutant zombie screamed very loudly and began attracting more zombies towards them.

"I don't think we can outrun it for long, what are we gonna do captain?" Holden said to Luna who was running behind all of them and killing incoming zombies towards them.

*Bang*bang*bang*...

The mutant zombie was coming closer and closer to them. Other zombie numbers were increasing as well. In a few minutes, it will catch them.

*Bang*bang*bang*...

More zombies fall to the ground as they keep shooting their way to the jeep.

"Guys I will stall them and it's for a while, you guys just go and warn General Liam fast and tell him to bring heavy artillery to kill that thing," Luna said to her team while gunning the incoming zombies from all directions.

*Bang*bang*bang*...

"Don't talk bullsh*t, we wouldn't leave you here," Ace said with seriousness killing the zombies and running.

The other three also said the same thing and kept running.

"As a captain, I order you to follow my command and if you don't you are out of the team," Luna said with the utmost seriousness to Ace and the other three.

*Bang*bang*bang*...

"But-" Ace was going to refute it but Anik stopped him.

"Captain, are you serious about your death wish?" Anik asked with a serious face.

"Yes, And I am not gonna die so fast."

Luna said to Anik.

Anik signals all men to move towards the jeep. The three started running towards the sea hesitantly.

[ Anik are you gonna leave a woman to die alone, so heartless!!]

*Bang*bang*bang*

But the mutant zombie already appeared 50m away from where Luna and Anik were standing. The guys were standing a little far away from Anik and shooting the now-coming mutant zombie.

"You guys!!! I said to run away." Luna shouted but all three didn't say anything and just shot the incoming zombies and mutant zombies.

They were able to kill normal zombies but just scratched the skin of the mutant zombie. Ace through a grenade at the mutant zombie but it just stops in its track for a few second and run towards him.

"So we are all gonna die today," Holden said to all while pulling his knife from a zombie.

"Goddamnit" Jonathan speak in frustration.

"We aren't gonna die so easily, right captain," Ace said to Luna while shooting.

She just nodded and smiled. She then started shooting the mutant zombie to lose its movement even for a second.

Anik after hearing them talk, sighs for a second.

'I guess I have no choice now.' Anik said to Aafia looking at the ever-coming close mutant zombie. It was just 5m away from the team.

It was just about to swing its claw towards the team however suddenly.

'summon'

*Crash*shriek*

A jeep appears between the team and the mutant zombie. It almost cut the Jeep in half.

"How?" 

Everyone even the mutant zombie gets confused as to why suddenly a jeep appears between them.

"I guess I am out of the team now for real too captain." Anik with a little frustration on their face.

"Captain and the team kill all normal zombies for me I will fight the big guy," Anik said to the team and immediately started shooting it only with his M4 on the head then tried to get it far away from the team. While others started killing normal zombies with confused faces.

Due to repetitive shooting in the head by Anik, it started to aggro at Anik because of annoyance.

The mutant zombie again tries to instantly run and appear before Anik however...

*Summon*

*Crash*

It got stopped by the jeep again and slammed its face in it.

'Summon'summon'...

Then, again he started running away while summoning jeeps to delay their movement.

'Summon'summon'summon'......

After reaching far away the team, he started carpet bombing (grenade style) by summoning unpinned grenades and throwing them as he ran away from them.

*Boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom

*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom*boom...

The mutant zombie immediately gets overwhelmed by the grenades exploding and starts running staggered but eventually, its body is full of open wounds. And it falls to the ground crawling towards Anik.

'Summon'

*spatter*

Anik summoned a jeep on top of the mutant zombie and it got squeezed by it and died.

"Finally it is over. Let's get my price and this place immediately.

'Aafia is it an essence?' Anik asked while looking around for any enemy or zombie.

[Yes, it is an essence.]

He just smiled and said.

'Infinity'

                         To be continued...

6