Chapter 39: What’s a ham radio??
33 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And finally, he flies towards Jacksonville.

After 35 minutes, they reached Jacksonville. He was looking outside with a disbelief face which was even an understatement because he was seeing thousands of zombies standing and moving together in the heart of the city.

"Is this your first time seeing this many zombies in one place soldier?" the older-looking pilot said to Anik who didn't know the information about the deal. 

Only the the General, his team and the new higher know. The older pilot didn't know about the deal but the general told him to follow what Anik wanted to do and take him to his destination.

"So, what are we going to do now, soldier?" The pilot said to Anik.

"Just go above that tall building over there. The building has a sign called 'Walls Forge'. Hover above it." Anik said to the old pilot.

Then, the old pilot flew towards that building which was 535feet(163m) tall 

"Now, what?" The old pilot asked Anik. But Anik just jumped out of the helicopter which was 20m above the building rooftop.

"What the--?" The old pilot with the other one also gasped and looked down to see perfectly fine Anik with a bag waving them goodbye from the rooftop.

They were shocked at first but didn't try to think too much and decided to talk to general about Anik more and went back towards the camp.

Anik saw them fly away and started to unpack his bag to find...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK/GENERAL OFFICE

"General Liam, can you give a walkie-talkie or a walkie-talkie-like device to communicate with you for any more information if I want or you want?" Anik asked Gardner Liam for a communication device.

"Sure, you will provide you with a ham radio." General Liam said to Anik.

"What's that?" Anik said, to General Liam.

"It is an amateur radio, also known as ham radio, can be an excellent option for long-range communication. Ham radios operate on frequencies that can reach vast distances and have the advantage of being independent of typical communication networks. However, using ham radio requires obtaining the necessary licenses in the past world and knowledge. I will teach you how to use it and give you a manual if you forget about it." General Liam said to Anik.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anik opened up the bag to see a ham radio, a very long rope, a tactical knife, a torchlight, a few batteries and a couple of magazines (Jonathan's) to cure some boredom.

After seeing what was inside and smiling foolishly, he closed it. First, he looked around the roof to kill any zombies and finally looked at the sunset. Then he tried to go down the floor to find any zombies and kill them to secure a shelter. Because he didn't want to sleep on the rooftop outside this night.

He slowly went down the stairs to see some zombies and decided to kill them quietly.

*Slash*slash*slash*slash*slash*slash*

Anik easily killed them swiftly and quietly. Then he decided to block the stairs with furniture to not let anyone or zombies come up the last floor where he wanted to make a shelter.

Slowly he picks up furniture to block the stairs with them. After a few minutes h, he covered up the whole stairs with furniture available on the floor.

Then, he tried to open the elevator to make his exit if he needed to. He succeeded in opening the door. There was no elevator but its cable wire was there which helped him to get down easily. The elevator compartment was down the floors close to the first floor.

Then, he went up the roof with a chair. He placed the chair on the roof and summoned the can of food and water. After that started eating while sitting in a chair watching the sunset.

After an hour, Anik decided to set upp the ham radio and test its function.

He then went down to the floor to set up the ham radio. He first turned on his radio and found an open frequency. Using the antenna tuner, he tunes the antenna to as close as 1:1 as possible. He checked again to see if the frequency was not being used by someone. Just because he can't hear them, certainly doesn't mean they can't hear him. He wasn't sure and spent "QRL" which means "Is this frequency in use?". He still hears nothing and 

"CQ CQ CQ…DE (Alpha Charlie Six Victor) ACSV ACSV standing by…" Anik said to the ham radio speaker which was said while initiating a call with his call sign. DE means (this is).

He said it multiple times but he heard nothing. Well general did tell him that it is all part of the troubleshooting that hams do regularly.

After a few minutes, he finally heard a response.

"Delta Foxtrot Two Alpha from Alpha Charlie Six Victor, thanks for your call…"

The responder said on the ham radio which was their call sign.

"DE Alpha Charlie Six Victor QRA ANIK," Anik said on the radio. QRA means ' name '.

"DE AC6V QSL ANIK," The responder said. QSL means ' acknowledge '.

"DE AC6V QSO " Anik said on the radio. QSO means 'Can we talk directly?"

"Of course, but not for long. General Liam wants to talk to you." A soldier said on the responding side.

"I understand," Anik said on the radio.

"Anik, why did you message us." General Liam said to Anik.

"I just testing it. Nothing more." General Liam said to Anik.

"Ok. Then cut our connections then." General Liam said to Anik.

"Yes, sir. 73" Anik said and cut the connection between them.

"73 huh! Funny kid."  General Liam said with a slight smile. 73 means ' best regards '.

After cutting the connection, Anik straight went to the makeshift bed which was a sofa.

[Anik]

"Yes"

[ So, what are you gonna do with that magazine huh!!]

"My business."

[In front of a beautiful woman. How can you??^(°∆°)^]

"Well,  you didn't do anything went I did my nature calls. Why now?" Anik said nonchalantly but suddenly Anik realised that Aafia did see all the things he did.

Anik started crying crocodile tears.

"Now, no woman wants to marry me because you see everything I have," Anik said fake crying.

[Hey, don't cry crocodile tears ( ͡❛ ⍨ ͡❛)]

[Hey, if you like I can marry you spiritually.]

Aafia said with sarcasm.

But Anik's face was of disgust.

*Spit*spit*spit*

And spit on the side.

[You!!( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ) ok I lose.]

"Sorry sorry. I was just playing with you or am I(◉_◉)?" Anik said jokingly.

[GOOD NIGHT( ͡ಥ ෴ ͡ಥ)]

"Good night Aafia sweet dreams," Anik said to the Aafia and went to sleep.

                         To be continued...

3