Chapter 9
303 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9


"So, let me get this straight," said Hiruzen as he rested his elbows on his table, clasped his hands together, and rested his chin on his thumb. "You are actually a man who was reincarnated in this world from another world that is – as you put it – 'much more technologically advanced' than this one?" He asked.

"Yup," Ken said making it popping sound with his lips.

"Hmm," he said, "and you didn't think about informing me about this before?"

"Well, I thought about it, but like…" Ken scratched the back of his head with a contemplative look on his face. "I dunno, this just felt like a good time, eh."

"Right… So, if I may ask, why did you choose to tell me this, and what are your plans now?" Hiruzen asked with a touch of killing intent which Ken didn't even notice.

"Weeeelll, I don't really have any 'plans' or anything. I just wanted to let you know about this and hopefully, offer you some help in making the village better. After all, I am…" Ken trailed off with a smile. "No… I was…"

"The commander of a special operations group. Yes, I recall," Hiruzen finished for him. He continued to ask more questions, "May I know what kind of special operations?"

"'What kind', huh? Hmm…" Ken thought for a long moment before nodding. "Okay! So, here's how it is," Ken began to explain. "This is going to be a long explanation, so you better get comfy," Ken said as the Hokage also nodded.

"What I'm trying to do is implement tactics and defences that Earth had, over here. The types to missions we used to do vary a great deal. We had the Army, Navy, and the Air Force as I already explained to you. I was the commander for the special operations which didn't fall into either or a combination of those categories.

"We did Hostage Rescue missions, which is pretty self-explanatory. You know, do your research, get approval from the prime minister, send a team in, strike hard and fast, grab the package, get out, debrief. Basic stuff," Ken explained quickly at which Hiruzen raised an eyebrow. The simplicity of the explanation spoke of just how much experience the boy had. "I'm sure the ANBU here does that too.

"The next type was what the ANBU mainly does. Direct Action missions. Stuff like small-scale raids, ambushes, sabotages, surgical strikes, etcetera. We had quite a number of special teams for that." Ken kept explaining and the Hokage simply kept listening at the incredibly educating lecture. "The next ones are some that this world probably doesn't know.

"We did CBRN crisis response. We had a special unit for Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear attacks."

"And can you provide an example of these attacks, Ken-kun?" the Hokage asked calmly.

"A chemical attack would be like… uh… well to compare it to this world, imagine Kirigakure or Sunagakure's poison attacks' intensity multiplied by thousands. It was basically like what the Yondaime did to Iwa, except without the use of an actual human, and a million times more brutal," Ken's eyes took on a tired look. "Chlorine Gas," He whispered loud enough that the Hokage could hear. "Some countries used it on the battlefield to kill thousands of enemy soldiers. It was so devastating that when you breathed in the chemical, your lungs slowly filled up with fluids and you'd drown to death." The Hokage's jaw had slowly dropped as Ken explained this. What this boy had described… this wasn't an attack… this was large scale torture. "VX: hardcore muscle spasms and heart failure. Sarin gas: paralysis, then death. Phosgene-," Ken was about to continue but was quickly stopped.

"I… Believe I got the idea, Ken," the Hokage said. Ken Solemnly nodded and continued.

"Biological attacks were similar… it'd take too long to explain, but basically, they took a disease, and spread it through the environment, indiscriminately killing men, women, children, soldiers, animals… you name it," Ken explained with a nonchalant tone.

"That is… truly cruel," Hiruzen said with horror. He thought that maybe this thing called 'chemical attacks' would be the worst, but it got even horrifying and judging by Ken expression, the end of all this wasn't near. Hiruzen thought about his own village and tried to think back to the darkest missions conducted by the ANBU… All paled in comparison to this. Even Danzo would hesitate to do something like that.

"That's nothing. My world was much, much, worse," Ken said with a dark mood. "Anyway, moving on.

"I don't think I can explain radiological or nuclear attacks, but… for those, I'd say the aftereffects of the attack are much more devastating than the actual attacks. It caused mutations in the human body for generations to come and well… it was the very definition of destruction. I'll explain later.

"Next thing we did was combating weapons of mass destruction. Nuclear bombs were basically the perfect example of a 'weapon of mass destruction'," Ken went on.

"And by mass destruction you mean…" The Hokage prompted.

"One of them would be enough to obliterate Konoha and miles upon miles of the forest surrounding it," Ken said.

"I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore."

"Rest of the operations don't really apply too much to this world, except for maritime special operations, which I plan to create in the future."

"That's it?" Hiruzen asked.

"Hmm… The 427 Special Operations Aviation Squadron would come into play after I make a working airplane but…" Ken muttered to himself and trailed off. "Yeah," he said loudly again. "That's about it."

"Okay," the Hokage took a deep breath and sighed. "I'll… have to get Inoichi-san to go through your brain, Ken," he said with regretfully.

"Yeah, I figured. I don't mind, I guess… but can you please tell him not to touch any traumatizing memories, please?" Ken asked respectfully.

"Do not worry, Ken. The process shouldn't trigger any memories for you, though he will have to look at some," the Hokage explained reassuringly.

"Oh! No, no, no!" Ken said apologetically. "I don't mean for me, Jiji. I mean for him. I don't want him to be scarred for life."

"Ken…" the Hokage said with amusement. Here was a child – an experienced child, but a child nonetheless – worrying about a war veteran being scarred for life. "Inoichi-san is a veteran of the Third Shinobi War and head of Konoha's T&I department. I believe he will be able to handle it."

Ken answered unemotionally without missing a beat, "Has he ever conducted third-degree torture on an innocent child in front of innocent civilian parents to get even the slightest bit of information about the enemies from them?" he asked with a straight face.

That caught Hiruzen off guard enough to drop the pipe from his mouth and choke on air. "Ken…"

"Has he drowned a ship of thousands of survivors to protect the economy of a continent?" Ken said while looking the Hokage dead in the eyes. "Let me tell you a story, Jiji. You know, it was called the War to End All Humanity. WEAH for short. Half the world on one side, the other half on the… well, other. And this war… it wasn't a war for resources, or money, or power. No… It was much stupider than that. It was a war of fucking religion. You get that? It was a bunch of mindlessly fuckheads fighting over whose beliefs were right."

"Ken, wait," the Hokage said. "You don't have to-."

But he was interrupted by Ken once again. "No, I want you to know this. A couple of our countries sent spies into the enemy countries without getting approval from our alliance and what we found…" Ken took a deep breath, "What we found could make the word 'massacre' synonymous to… fucking… 'botanical garden'." Hiruzen didn't say a word. It was clear to him that Ken was merely venting and needed to get this off of his mind, so he silently sat there listening to the child soldiers' woes. "So, since we couldn't tell our alliance what we found because the spy mission was illegal, we had no idea how to convince the rest of the world leader to invade the enemy. That was when I received that SecOp. It was a team of ten. We secretly invaded… and we killed. Not the enemy. The Innocents. We killed around a thousand men, women, and children to make it seem like the enemy did that. That way it would be caught by journalists and reported and that would convince the alliance to invade the enemy." Here, Ken's voice dropped so much that Hiruzen almost had to channel chakra to his ears to hear him. "Then, once we made it back home, I executed my final orders. No evidence. I killed the other nine of my teammates."

Hiruzen paled. This was… he had no words for it.

"Honestly, Hokage-sama," Ken said, soullessly like a true soldier. "I advise you to not let anyone go through my mind."

The Hokage nodded numbly as his brain was still reeling from what Ken had said. Never in a million years would he even think about doing something like that. Hell, it wouldn't even be a passing thought. And yet this… this soldier in the truest sense of the word… He shook his head to clear his mind and spoke again. "Very well, Ken-kun. What would you like to do now?" Hiruzen silently cursed himself for having a shaky voice.

"I'll continue with my life as it normally is, but I have several proposals for you that could make the village safer," Ken said, reverting back to his usual self.

"Right. I guess I'll be waiting then."

Ken bowed and left the Hokage's office to report to where his team was supposed to meet today.

...

The whole day was extremely boring for Ken. When he met up with his team with his mask on, the first thing they did was issue him his armour. Next, was testing of skills again, and after that was an introductory course into ANBU that explained the basic rules/code of conduct and the important areas in the ANBU HQ. This was something that made Ken cringe hard. Seriously? Just one HQ? What if the enemy launches a surprise suicide attack? He thought, making a mental note to add 'improvement of ANBU' as one of the objectives.

Ken's team was a Special ANBU team. Officially they'd be a normal Genin team, but originally, they were actually rookie ANBU. Ken Uzumaki (Neo), Hinoko Kazahana (Soku), Emi (Yagi), and Tsubaki (Tsuru). Yagi was the infiltration specialist and Tsuru was the captain of the team.

While Naruto, on the other hand, was having extreme problems with speaking to people properly.

...

"Team 7: Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha," called out Iruka as he assigned the teams.

"Gang! We gon' be mad lit up in dis bitch," Naruto said with a wide grin earning weird looks from all his classmates and teachers.

"What… was that, Naruto?" Sakura – who was sitting beside him – asked, looking like he just spoke a whole different language (which he did).

"Ah! Sorry, Sakura-chan! I meant that we'll all have a lot of fun!" he answered immediately. Iruka merely shook his head at his favourite student's antics and went back to assigning teams.

Goddammit, Nii-san! Mans be lookin' mad sus, eh? Naruto thought as his scrambled brain was still trying to separate the two languages.

Iruka quickly finished up team assignments after Naruto's outburst and left, telling them to wait for their new team leader to pick them up.

One-by-one, different Jonin came and picked up their teams until they were the only ones left.

...

Finally, after two hours of waiting, Naruto nodded to himself. "Aii, bet. I got it."

"Got what, Naruto?" Sakura asked from her half-asleep state. Her head was on the desk and her eyes just barely open.

"Our sensei's new name," he answered sagely.

That jolted Sakura out of her stupor. "You know who our sensei is?" she asked as she shot up from her spot.

Sasuke who was sitting on the other end of the bench clicked his teeth. "How the hell would the Idiot know our sensei?"

"Sasuke, we're going to be a team. Don't be mean to Naruto," Sakura said with narrowed eyes. She turned to Naruto. "And Naruto, do you really know who our sensei is?"

Naruto blinked. Since when did Sakura start scolding the Uchiha? he thought. "Uh… No. No, Sakura-chan… I don't know who our sensei is, but I have made a name for them, and it is…" Naruto paused for the dramatic effect. Sakura leaned in and even Sasuke's eyes were on him. "Wasteman-sensei."

Sakura slipped off her seat and fell on her butt and Sasuke's chin slipped off his hands and face planted on the desk. Immediately Sakura was on her feet and punched Naruto on the shoulder lightly (very, very hard). "Naruto!" she reprimanded. "You can't talk about our sensei like that! They're a Jonin! They probably have something very important to do!" Sasuke merely scoffed at the pair and looked the other way.

Naruto rubbed his shoulder and pouted. "What kind of work makes you two hours late?" He muttered.

Sakura batted his hand away in order to rub his shoulder herself as an apology. "I bet it's some super secret, super important mission or something like that," she said, imagining how badass their sensei was going to be.

It was then that the classroom door slid open and a mop of silver hair popped in. "Yo!" said Kakashi. "Sorry! A black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way around."

"You were saying?" deadpanned Naruto as Sakura hung her head in defeat.

"I can't believe this…" she muttered and rested her head on the table as Naruto comfortingly rubbed her back. His hand is so warm, she thought as their sensei spoke again.

"Roof. Five minutes," Kakashi said simply as he disappeared in a poof of smoke.

"He… He just…" Sakura said she shook with rage.

Naruto was going through precisely the same emotions. "THIS SUM BUUULLLLSHITT" he shouted as he flipped over the desk.

...

Meanwhile, Ken and his team were on their way to the Hokage's office for a special assignment.

"Special Assault Team 9, reporting for duty, Hokage-sama," Tsuru said as they appeared in the Hokage's office as one.

"SAT-9. There is an emergency assignment for you. Approximately one hour ago, the Scroll of Sealing was stolen from this office. This will be a recovery mission. Recover the scroll, find the culprit and, if possible, bring them in for interrogation. Dismissed," the Hokage ordered quickly.

Tsuru took the folder from the Hokage's desk and SAT-9 shunshined out of the office. The squad reappeared on the deserted roof of a residential building. Tsuru opened the file and read out the report.

"At 1330 hours today – which is about an hour ago – the Scroll of Sealing was stolen from the Hokage's office. The Hokage himself was out for lunch and the culprit slipped in between guard shifts. Witness reports say they saw Academy Instructor Miz…" Tsuru trailed off and her hand started shaking.

Ken was just about to ask what happened before he remembered who Tsubaki was… Mizuki's girlfriend. Ken mentally sighed and criticized Konoha for having such emotionally weak shinobi as their 'special forces'. Ken patient ran out as the silence dragged on and he finally spoke. "Captain. We're ANBU."

That statement broke Tsuru out of her stupor and made her focus once more. She sighed and said, "We're supposed to rendezvous will a tracker squad at ANBU ground 5. Move out."

SAT-9 and Squad 5 of the Konoha Tracker Regiment (KTR-5) were blurs across rooftops as they focused on their target. KTR-5 was a squad of 4 that were specialized in Sabotage, and Search and Destroy missions. Each one was an Inuzuka and had extremely sharp senses. Four huge dogs ran alongside their respective partners in a completely professional way. It looked like the leader of KTR-5's dog was a Husky and the other three were similar to a German Shepard.

Abruptly, the leader, Inu-5 came to a stop and raised his fist, signalling everyone to halt. "Ashi, can you tell me where he went?" he spoke to his companion.

The huge Husky barked once and went off to sniff. The SAT-9 patiently waited by the side of the rooftop. A few seconds later a bark came from the dog and immediately Inu-5 gestured to follow him and took off at an incredible speed. The chase continued until we were well into the forests on the outskirts of Konoha. After a few moments, the leader once again stopped on a branch and his squad followed suit.

"Your target is 300 meters that way," he said as he pointed in the exact direction of where they could find Mizuki. "Our squad is purely a tracker squad so we wouldn't be of any help in a fight. Sorry for that," he continued. All squads of the KTR were purely tracker squads. As such, none of them were specialized in combat. They could hold their own in a fight, but if the objective was to directly assault a target then they were way out of their league.

Tsuru bowed her a little and replied, "Thank you very much for your assistance," and took off with the rest of her team trailing behind her.

"Captain, maybe we should make a plan first?" Ken suggested as he felt like she was going too fast. Rushing in head first, guns bla- kunai blazing was going to do more harm than good.

"We don't have time!" she replied hastily as she increased her speed even more. This wasn't good. She was thinking with her heart and not her brain. If something happened, Ken and Yagi could survive, as they had experience, but Tsuru and Soku would be in danger. Tsuru, because she was taken over by emotion, and Soku because this was literally her first mission… ever. "We have to hur-," the captain tried to say but was tackled by Ken.

"WATCH OUT!" he screamed and pulled her out of the way of a barrage of incoming kunai. Yagi and Soku immediately followed and took position around the sprawled out Tsuru and Ken.

"Captain! Neo!" Yagi called out urgently. "Injuries?"

"Negative," said Ken in an experienced calm voice as he searched the canopy of the forest. That's where he had sensed the enemy before.

"Ugh, sprain in left ankle probably," Tsuru said with a grunt.

"Fuck, I missed, huh?" said a voice from above them. All SAT-9 eyes fell on the figure of Mizuki standing above them on one of the branches.

"Orders, captain?" asked Yagi as she pulled a kunai from her pouch and held it out in front of her. Soku activated her chakra needles and pointed them at Mizuki. Ken was the only one who looked like he wasn't ready, but as they say, looks can be deceiving. Ken had his hand on the Uzu 19, ready to draw and fire in a split second.

"Incapacitate," Tsuru spoke with contempt. "If not possible, exterminate with extreme prejudice." You could almost hear the venom dripping off of her tone.

"Roger," the three ANBU said and all of them vanished at once. Before the mission had begun, they had unanimously agreed that Soku would be the first to go into the fight as she was the one who needed the most experience, and Ken was to support her if things got troublesome.

(A/N: I suck at writing fights so imagine this shit by yourself. LOL)

Tsuru and Yagi appeared on a tree branch far back with Yagi providing basic first aid. Ken stayed 10 meters away from Soku at all times, and Soku herself was exchanging heavy blows with the traitor. Kunai and shuriken flew all over the place. Soku pressed on, not allowing Mizuki time to make any hand signs. The fight continued for a couple minutes, but Mizuki was slowly gaining the upper hand. Soku was a talented individual, but she was not only lacking in experience but also in strength.

Soku's kunai slipped from her hand just for a second and Mizuki thrust his own kunai towards her neck, but before that could happen, a loud 'bang' rang out, followed by an agonizing scream. Soku, who had lost her footing a little during the fight managed to balance herself and as she looked up, she was met with the sight of a tremendous amount of blood flowing freely out of Mizuki's arm… well, at least what used to be an arm. Mizuki's arm was completely blown off from the elbow down.

"Soku!" Ken called out as he landed beside her and kept his gun trained on Mizuki. "Injuries?"

"Just a few cuts and bruises. Nothing much," she said as she calmed her breathing down. "Damn, that thing is really something."

"Yep," Ken replied simply as he landed beside the now-unconscious Mizuki. Ken quickly heated a kunai using his fire natured chakra and cauterized the wound. Just as he finished, Yagi emerged from the bushes, carrying Tsuru on her back. "Status?" he asked, subconsciously using his Commander tone.

"It's not a sprain, it's broken," Tsuru said sullenly. "You?"

"Soku – minor injuries. Myself – no injuries. Target successfully incapacitated and needs immediate medical assistance," Ken summarized his report.

"Well done," Tsuru said in the same solemn tone. Even if it was a success, no one felt like it. A shinobi had betrayed their village. This was not a time for celebration. As they were getting ready to leave, the tracker team appeared with a medical team in tow.

The leader of the Konoha Medic Regiment 2 stepped up. "Captain Tsuru, I am the captain of KMR-2. Codeword: herring. We'll take it from here."

"Thank you," said Tsuru and signalled for SAT-9 to move out.

9