Chapter 4 – The world wishes with greed what it is not
27 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Niko, after hours of torture and insight on his new world finally made it out of the temple, although in peak condition physically because of his regeneration title, his mind is tourn apart. He doesn't know what could repair such damage.

Manager: "Al-Alright everyone stand back as it looks like the temple has been completed by your average civilians for the first time! Even if it doesn't seem difficult for civilians who seemingly have little aptitude for this, its an achievement to celebrate!"

After the Manager made everyone step back, Niko finally stepped out of the entrance.

Manager: "Ah welcome back... although why is it that only you're back right now? Are the rest still doing something inside? They shouldn't since you'd all get released at the same time."

After adjusting his eyes to the new lighting and looking around at his surroundings, Niko looked at the Manager with blank eyes.

Niko: "They're dead."

Manager: "Ah-Well, how could they all be dead when you're completely fine. Not even a scratch on you? I didn't take you to be a jokester."

The surrounding people were confused and some decided to start recording.

Niko: "The trial was too much for any of us and they all ended up dying. I was lucky to have good potential and ended up clearing the trial. That is the only answer I can give you."

Manager: "Uh-well then-I guess congratulations on clearing the trial alone..."

Female Reporter: "Well sir, could you tell us your name and the contents of the temple for the people interested?"

Niko: "My name is Niko. And the temple in its own right is evil. No one should have to go through what I did, I doubt any will listen but if you will, please for your own sake and luck. Do not attempt these devilish trials."

Male Reporter: "Well, Niko sir that doesn't answer her entire question..."

Niko: "It's all you guys should need to know to stay away from these damned temples."

SYSTEM: I sense you do not wish to be here at this time. You are able to travel to the Temple of Seekers would you like to be taken there?

Niko: I don't know how you can tell what I'm feeling but yeah... take me there.

SYSTEM: TRANSPORTING YOU TO THE TEMPLE OF SEEKERS...

TRANSPORTATION COMPLETE

Reporters: "Wha... Where did he go?!"

Niko appeared infront of a dirt path surrounded by mountains. In the far distance there was also a large pyramid like temple with an eye watching over the many Seekers.

Niko: "So this is it.... a lot bigger than I expected especially since there's a giant eye staring right at me."

SYSTEM: That eye is just one of the many absolutes. Gods above gods. The peak existence. Normally you wouldn't even be able to conceive itself the way you are now. But it is using an avatar of an avatar in the form of that eye you are looking at. The absolute is there to make sure there are no unwanted entities entering the sacred Temple of Seekers.

Niko: "I might need more information later but that's not important, what's important is finding out what I'm supposed to do here."

SYSTEM: You are supposed to go into the temple and get evaluated before anything. The evaluation tests multiple properties of you like your strength, intelligence. And other things that aren't visible to even you.

Niko: "Sounds like a lot of work but I guess I'll have to fall into the hands of these gods again to get what I want."

Niko made his way into the temple. On the way to the temple he asked many questions to the system. Simple, yet important questions that he needed answered, and finally after an hour or so he made it.

As Niko walked into the temple he was blinded by a bright light and after his eyes adjusted he could only believe what he was seeing as a fiction. Hundreds of people walking around and weird portals all around. Some people lost, some knowing where to go like they've done it time an time again, and some people entering just like him. But before he could think more a voice entered his mind.

???: "Welcome Niko, well you won't be called Niko for long... This is the Temple of Seekers, this is sort of like a hub in a game, it's a place that can transport you almost anywhere, gauge your abilities, and other important things you might wish to do. Oh I forgot to name myself, because you reached this point you have been granted a physical "partner" of sorts to help you on your journey chosen by the Temple itse-."

Niko: "You talk to much. Besides you're just a voice there's nothing physical about you."

???: "Oh that's because you need to do the ability gauge test first... by the way my name is samael and-"

Niko: "Stop talking about yourself where is the ability gauging area."

Samael: "... Just keep walking forward and you'll be transported to the area as the Temple knows you're new..."

Niko: "Good now stay quiet."

Niko walked forward a few steps and disappeared. He reappeared right after in a blank white room.

Temple Moderation: Welcome to the Temple of Seekers. You have been brought here to gauge your strength. There's no need to explain further; stretch your arm as far forward as possible.

Following what the Moderation said he extended his arm and felt a squeezing sensation across it until his entire body felt like it was getting compressed and as soon as it started it stopped.

Temple Moderation: Strength is equivalent to 4.656278e+262 newtons...extend your leg.

Niko extended his leg and the same feeling as before happened.

Temple Moderation: Speed is relative to the SPEED OF LIGHT.

After a long half an hour or so the tests were finally over and he got his results, not like he didn't already know.

Temple Moderation: You must give yourself a nickname... choose one that suits you.

Niko: "....Forcing me to choose? After everything I've gone through.... Sekira is a fine nickname for right now."

Temple Moderation: You have chosen Sekira. You will now be referred to as Sekira. Your partner will now be vitalized.

After Temple Moderation finished speaking a white light appeared infront of Sekira. After a few seconds a young man with long white hair appeared out of the light.

Temple Moderation: After gauging your strength you have been given a partner to further you in your quest to reach Divinity, someone to push you further, a friend of sorts, formed from an infinite pool of cconsciousness' and magic designed to suit you.

Samael: "You were quite disrespectful to me earlier... I won't be going easy on you Niko, or I guess now Sekira."

0