Chapter 7 – Only those envious of others cannot grow
16 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sekira: "Gah- That bastardly teleportation hurts too much!"

Samael: "Falling on your ass from some minor teleportation,  disappointing."

Sekira: "I'm not here to hear you go on about how you are so much more in tune with these absolute bullshitters."

Samael: "Now who said I was prideful about this."

Sekira: "I didn't say you were prideful I just said you think too highly of yourself, but if you insist on being prideful I guess..."

Sekira and Samael found themselves in a small mideevil room with a steel door across from them, and a few swords and shields on platforms in the room.

TEMPLE MODERATION: To both challengers, the doors to the arena will open in 30 seconds, be ready. You will be fighting to the death or until the other main fighter forfeits, or falls off the platform arena.

Sekira: So, this is what the third trial meant about testing my abilities and synergy. I assume this relates to being able to fight well with Samael. I doubt he'd be much of a team-player...

Samael: "Don't worry. I know you're thinking I won't be a good teammate but... I am "your" shadow after all.

Sekira: "Ghn- Just pass me the damn sword."

Samael: "Alright, Alright."

As Samael passed Sekira an average looking English long-sword, the door opened to a large arena. When they both stepped out they were met with a flat marble-like floor with a checkered pattern that expanded for 100m in each direction, ending with a sudden drop off to what seemed like endlessness.*

Sekira: "These absolutes creating arenas in what looks like an infinite abyss.... They seem a lot more all-powerful the more I think about them."

Samael: "Glad you realized you're starting a cat fight with gods."

Temple Moderation: The fight will last for 10 minutes. If neither party surrenders or is killed during the set time. It will result in a draw where both parties lose and will have to reset their fights against different opponents. The match begins now, good luck.

Sekira: "Always throwing me straight into a fight, no introductions to my opponent or anything like it. This system is fucked."

Samael: "Well you can't just say your strength compared to other people isn't also fucked..."

Sekira: "How would you know? I'm the only person you've fought during your entire lifespan..."

???: "I'm sorry about this, but I must win this match and move on to saving the world from these horrible temples, let's get this over with quickly."

Samael: "Someone overrates themselves more than me it looks like Sekira."

The unknown person rushed at Samael not waiting for the conversation to move on, but too slow for Sekira, who jumped up and landed on the person's back while he lay on the ground.

Sekira: "Far more impatiant than you too. I hate you types of people."

???: "I thought you people would be reasonable.... I guess no one is these days. It also seems I underestimated your capabilites for that I am wrong, so I shall give you a formal apology. EXCALIBUR! Arise and purge these unworthy of the throne."

When he said that a blast of lighting hit the ground infront of him and Sekira. When the light dissipated a sword glowing with white light appeared. And by it a human stood.

Sekira: "So now we have special weapons?!"

Sekira kicked the man away, as he leaped backwards from the weapon.

Arthur: "My name is Arthur. This blade sees me as the rightful king chosen by divinity. You are unworthy of winning this bout."

Sekira: "Like the fairytale of king Arthur and Excalibur. How child-like.

Samael: "So it is..."

Samael raised his hand and a wall of shadows rushed towards Arthur and the other person.

Sekira: "Let's see if King Arthur can withstand absolute light and darkness."

Sekira lined his legs with light and ran along the side of the Shadows towards his opponent.

Arthur: "It seems we can't win this one-on-one... Azazel, take care of the false light user."

The odd buttler-like man started to move after the command and ran towards Sekira cloaking his arm in blood-like liquid.

Samael saw this and pushed the wall of shadows towards Sekira, cutting off the buttler.

Sekira: Activate Photon Phenom, Herculean strength, and Child of Hermès.

Suddenly, his arm holding the blade turned to light and his veins bulged as he jumped multiple meters high. Aiming his blade straight towards the disoriented butler.

Sekira: "DON'T LET HIM MOVE SAMAEL!"

Samael: "Always giving me the easy shit... Now... butler man, let's stop you from moving. Sorry abour this."

Shadow-like chains erupted from the ground slithering up to the buttlers ankles, restraining him with a seemingly boundless strength.

Arthur: "I command you Azazel! Do not die."

Azazel: "What an exhilarating command lord Arthur. I commend your leadership.

Sekira: "IT'S OVER, THERE'S NO USE!"

Sekira threw the blade like a dart at the restrained Azazel aiming for his . 

Azazel breathed in slightly looking at the light-speed blade.

Azazel: "Haa---Poof"

Azazel blew a puff of air and the blade burned to ashes a few inches away from his face.

Sekira fell to the ground barely landing on his feet after seeing such an impossible action.

Sekira: "That blade... it was thrown at blinding speed though...."

Azazel: "Blinding to the weak, sure. But me? I'm above even what your people warship."

Azazels arm reached through the burning wall of shadows absorbing it into his palm while grabbing and choking Sekira.

Sekira: "Grlll-Gasp-"

Sekira: Dammit his grip... I can't even breathe...

Samael: "You can't just die under a minute into the fight dammit! Wake up!"

Samael broke a piece of the arena off and through it at Azazel after igniting it. Then he ran towards Arthur.

Samael: "Either block this shot... or let go of Sekira to save your poor king, you damn shadow."

Azazel: "Quite daring... aren't we. Especially for a weak shadow mage."

Azazel threw Sekira in the direction of the shard and ran towards Samael.

Samael: "Perfect... now I must welcome you to my kingdom of nothingness."

A black void encircled Samael and Azazel as they both disappeared into an abyss.

Sekira: "So he's giving me time to kill the Shadows person... nice plan, for someone like him."

Sekira landed on his feet while sliding across the arena, coming to a stop near the edge.

Sekira: Activate child of Hermès.

0