Chapter 28: Superficial Best Friends
74 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Get lost. I better not see you again. If I do, I'll beat you up every time!"

Zhou Haiquan delivered a swift kick to the fallen Huang Bo and said fiercely. He believed that his performance today was exceptionally heroic. Four people taking on over a dozen opponents, fighting against the odds, and leaving the opposition battered and bruised; this was a feat worthy of boasting for at least a year.

He thought Sun Rui would surely look at him in a new light. But when he glanced over, he noticed that she was already fawning over Chen Yuan. His face soured once again.

"Darn it, Lao Si, how are you so fierce? I never realized it before. Did you secretly practice or something?" Xiong Tao asked, wearing an amazed expression.

"It's gotta be that he trained, otherwise, he wouldn't be so brutal. It looks like he was just pretending to be weak in the dorm. If he had really acted, the three of us combined couldn't beat him!"

"No wonder the girls all like him. Turns out this kid's got some skills!"

The roommates looked at Chen Yuan with admiration and envy. They thought they had finally discovered the reason why Chen Yuan was so popular with the girls.

However, what they didn't know was that these girls didn't adore Chen Yuan just because he could fight. It was mainly because he had the financial means.

Chen Yuan paid no attention to Sun Rui's attempts at ingratiating herself. She was only a 7.5 out of 10 in terms of looks and couldn't even meet the minimum standard for being a goddess. Chen Yuan didn't want to waste his time on her.

Looking at the system interface, Chen Yuan noticed that his physical condition and strength had improved significantly. His body seemed to be experiencing a second growth spurt. He had grown from 179 cm to 180 cm. Though it was just a small increase, it indicated that he might continue to grow taller. His weight had also increased noticeably.

That's why he had been feeling hungry all the time and eating more lately.

"I'm sorry, Xu Lele. We caused a fight in your family's internet cafe, and it seems we damaged several computer monitors. How much are these monitors? We'll chip in!" Zhou Haiquan said, his face full of regret.

Fighting was exhilarating, but if they damaged things, they had to pay for them. He was a very stubborn and principled person.

"No need to compensate. It's just a few monitors; we can replace them easily. Even if you smashed the entire internet cafe, it wouldn't be a problem since you're all Chen Yuan's good friends!" Xu Lele said, assuaging their concerns.

This statement nearly made the roommates spit out blood. They wondered what magic Chen Yuan had used to make girls so devoted to him. Would they smash an entire internet cafe for him too?

"Darn it, where did Lao Si go? How could he disappear in the blink of an eye?" Chen Yuan had already left Da Luo Internet Cafe. He couldn't stand Sun Rui's obvious attempts at currying favor any longer.

She was acting like an obedient dog, knowing full well that he wasn't interested in her, yet she kept pestering him. Wasn't it embarrassing for her?

Moreover, she was Lin Shutong's best friend. Back when Chen Yuan pursued Lin Shutong for three years, convinced her, and got her to agree to be his girlfriend, it was this Sun Rui who whispered in Lin Shutong's ear. She looked down on Chen Yuan and contributed to Lin Shutong's materialism and fickleness.

Now, she suddenly ran over to flatter him? Did Lin Shutong know about this? Was she just a superficial best friend?

Even if he no longer liked Lin Shutong, Sun Rui's sudden attempt to seduce him was unbecoming and annoying.

......

If you enjoyed this chapter, and if you want to learn more, check out my Patreon. Unlock the latest content first.

3