Chapter 30: Little One, Do You Have Many Questions?
62 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Classmate, which college are you from?"

"I'm from the Literature College."

"What?"

The coach looked puzzled. Students from the Literature College were supposed to be a bunch of bookworms, right? And here one of them had just dominated a group of athletic students on the track. It seemed a bit surreal.

"Chen Yuan, is that you?"

Suddenly, Li Yang's expression turned sour. He and Chen Yuan had fought each other before and had a longstanding mutual dislike. In Li Yang's eyes, Chen Yuan was an annoying lapdog.

Back in high school, Li Yang had tried to pursue Xiao Ruoyu, but Chen Yuan always seemed to interfere.

"You don't even have the guts to pursue her, but you won't let me do it either? What's wrong with you?" Li Yang had wondered at the time.

Once, Li Yang had set up a heroic rescue scenario to impress Xiao Ruoyu. He had invited two friends from outside school to play roles in the scene. When the moment came, he would heroically jump in to save her, thus winning her affection. But surprisingly, at the crucial moment, Chen Yuan had intervened, tailing Xiao Ruoyu and blocking the two actors. Left with no choice, Li Yang had a physical confrontation with Chen Yuan.

In the end, the plan had failed, and Li Yang never successfully pursued Xiao Ruoyu, which remained his biggest regret.

As a result, he had grown to despise Chen Yuan, thinking he was just a lowly lapdog trying to be a knight in shining armor.

"Li Yang, do you know this student? Good, although he's from the Literature College, there's no rule that students from the Literature College can't join the track and field team. As long as you agree to join the team, I will make an exception and give you the only provincial-level recommended spot in our school. You can represent our school in the provincial track and field competition. With your talent, it won't take long before you stand out and make it to the national team. With your talent, it won't take long before you stand out and make it to the national team. You can even participate in the International Olympics and have a chance to win a gold medal for our country!" The coach painted a rosy picture of the future.

The coach was ecstatic about Chen Yuan's exceptional performance, which was by far the most outstanding talent he had seen in years. Chen Yuan had demonstrated remarkable explosive power even without any professional training.

"Coach, didn't you say you were giving me the provincial-level recommended spot?" Li Yang asked, confused.

"Li Yang, I understand your feelings, but even if you get the spot, it doesn't guarantee that you'll win the provincial competition. But for this student, his explosive power you just witnessed is far superior to yours. I can confidently say that if he participates, he will definitely win the provincial championship and become a national elite athlete!"

What's the concept of a national elite athlete? It's a level much higher than a national-level athlete, which is what they were competing for today. The gap between the two levels was insurmountable.

If this sudden genius were anyone else, Li Yang might have been fine with it. But the fact that it was Chen Yuan, someone he had looked down upon as a useless lapdog, dominating in his proudest field, left him dumbfounded.

♥ If you enjoyed this chapter, and if you want to learn more, check out my Patreon. Unlock the latest content first.

Personal creation is not easy, your likes, attention, comments and forwarding is the motivation for me to stick to it.

2