Chapter 32: The Keyboard Hero
52 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Qingqing, do you think my video can go viral?" Liang Xiaoqin, who posted the video of herself pretending to have an acne outbreak, asked with a smile.

"I don't know if it will go viral or not, but that guy is really amazing. A male student from the Literature Department, of all places, is running faster than the athletes in the Sports College. Is he channeling Liu Xiang or something?" Qingqing replied.

"Haha, I originally just intended to record a regular race video, but suddenly, a prodigy appeared out of nowhere!" The two girls discussed while laughing.

They didn't expect this video to actually become popular; they had made it just for fun.

Meanwhile, on another note, Chen Yuan had just left the school's sports field.

His roommate, Lao Cao, called him.

"Hey, Lao Si, where are you? Why did you sneak away on your own?"

"I came out to clear my mind. You saw the situation earlier, right? It seems like Lao Zhou has some issues with me. Can you help me explain to him that I'm not interested in Sun Rui?"

"Well, normal people can tell that you're not interested in Sun Rui, but it seems like she's into you. I find it strange; didn't she used to look down on you? How did her attitude change so drastically? It's as if she's fawning over you!"

"Maybe... I'm just too handsome!" Chen Yuan joked.

"Get out of here. Let me tell you something serious. You're being 'criticized' online. On the school forum, there's a guy named 'Keyboard Hero' spreading negative things about you. Your reputation has been dragged through the mud. Check it out!"

Upon hearing Lao Cao's warning, Chen Yuan was taken aback.

He hadn't done anything wrong; why was he being criticized?

Besides, typically, school forums discuss and criticize only the most prominent figures. Chen Yuan had always been low-key, though he was probably just low-key in his own perception.

Usually, these "criticize" posts on campus forums were reserved for students who had done extremely vile things, which were exposed online, rallying others to condemn them. In simple terms, it was online harassment.

Chen Yuan immediately opened his browser and logged into the campus network. Soon, he found a pinned post.

The post had been made earlier in the day, and it already had thousands of comments. It was a long post with the following content:

"In reality, I remain silent, but on the internet, I strike with full force. Without the Keyboard Hero, the world would be in perpetual darkness! I possess the key to open the gates of heaven, a key that can vanquish immortals! I stand alone against three thousand emperors with my two keys, dominating thirteen realms! At the pinnacle of immortality, I'm unrivaled in this world! With my keyboard, rivers in the sky flow down, and with a single key, I control the world! I break free from worldly concerns, slay immortals, and with a key in hand, sever the heavens! If there are no true immortals in this world, I'm willing to become one with my keyboard!"

"Today, as the Keyboard Hero, I re-emerge to uphold justice, exposing unscrupulous scumbags. This person is named Chen Yuan, a current student at Hu University's School of Literature, a junior student. He looks innocent and honest on the surface, but behind the scenes, he's extraordinarily shameless, playing multiple girls, with a wolf's heart and a dog's lungs, and dating three girls simultaneously. Below, I will attach screenshot evidence."

The post included three images that captured the scene of three young and beautiful girls cheerfully delivering breakfast to Chen Yuan, who looked disinterested. One of the girls even gifted him an iPhone 12.

Upon seeing this, Chen Yuan was left dumbfounded. The post was completely distorting the truth. He hadn't invited this attention, and the eloquent writing made it difficult to refute.

This Keyboard Hero was indeed a master of prose, and his skill in denouncing people was exceptional.

After reading the post, Chen Yuan checked the comments below.

"Too disgusting! He's so disgusting! Keyboard Hero, I support you!"

"Scumbag, animal, trash – all men just play with our emotions. Not a single one is good!"

"Please don't blame innocent guys, upstairs!"

"I admit that the guy in the pictures looks kind of handsome, but not stunning. On the other hand, all three girls are more beautiful than him, and the last one is just stunning. How did he manage this?"

"I've been single for 23 years and never enjoyed such attention. He's enjoying it threefold, and it's crushing my young soul!"

"Support the battle, resist scumbags!"

"Support the battle, resist scumbags!"

"What should I do? I'm also a female student at Hu University, and I'm afraid of being hurt by scumbags. I'm scared to date!"

And many more comments filled the page.

Chen Yuan couldn't keep up with the multitude of comments. To be honest, he didn't take these kinds of posts seriously. After all, his reputation hadn't been good, and he had been labeled as a "lapdog" for a long time. Now, he was called a scumbag. Wasn't being a scumbag an upgrade?

At the same time, in Phase 2's male dormitory, room 709, a guy with black-rimmed glasses was typing quickly.

He had a sly grin on his face.

"Chen Yuan, you're in deep trouble this time! How dare you have my crush, Zhao Yuqi, bring you breakfast! You better get ready to face the wrath of all the female students on campus!"

"I am the Keyboard Hero, and I am no mere legend!"

♥ If you enjoyed this chapter, and if you want to learn more, check out my Patreon. Unlock the latest content first.

Personal creation is not easy, your likes, attention, comments and forwarding is the motivation for me to stick to it.

2