Kevin Eisden – Variation A (Rev. 1, February 9, 2020)
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was the story of a man named Kevin Eisden.

Kevin really loved video games, to the point where his doctor diagnosed him of an 'internet gaming disorder'. As one of the top 5 professional players in the VRMMO game Virtual Legends, his condition did not affect his in-game performance but it transformed his life. The neurological effect of long-term intense concentration and stress, the psychological effects of in-game satisfaction, social interaction, and decision making, and the physical effects of the disruption of his Circadian rhythms and appetite loss have turned him into something indescribable.

As the days passed, Kevin increasingly felt wary that his doctor might take action and send him into some institution, away from his beloved VR gear. Thus, he decided to preempt his doctor.

Today was the day Kevin finally escaped. Bringing only his wallet, some documents, and his gear, he called a taxi to go to a nearby forest. After arriving in the forest, he immediately logged in to his account.

After two days of playing, Kevin's mind and body was exhausted. He removed his VR headpiece, sat under a tree and looked around his surroundings. Feeling the cool breeze hit his skin, he closed his eyes, relaxed his body, and involuntarily fell asleep.

Gaming must've took a toll on him, a toll that now faded with his life and into the peaceful forest.

Whether it was the spiritual effects of the forest or the advanced features of his VR gear, Kevin's soul was transported into another world, along with a special System.

------------------------
In the destination world
------------------------

"Wu Han, you can no longer escape! Submit yourself if you do not want a more painful death!"

"Hah! Gotcha all, motherfuckers!"

"Retreat! He's self-detonating!"

Boom!

...

"Whew, still alive!"

A System attached to him from nowhere.

Personal Information

Name: Wu Han
Age: 25
Race: Human Cultivator
Level: 652737/999999999 (Transcendent Realm)
HP: 711/987659

Attributes

STR: 469/1000
DEF: 532/1000
DEX: 441/1000
INT: 239/300
WIS: 69/100
LUK: 7/10

Skills

[41 lines remaining]

"Wait, what is this? Some divine board with obscure characters? What might these characters mean?"

The System's interface automatically adjusted to the native language.

"Hmmm... this is not bad. It even includes a store for improving my cultivation."

After a few minutes of tinkering, a store item called [Restore Memory Fragments] - 0 System Points Required appeared. After staring at it for a long time, multiple memory fragments of Kevin surfaced, and one particularly striking memory fragment came into mind.

------------------------
During transmigration
------------------------

Initializing System... complete.

Initiating spirit and soul enhancement process...

Kevin slowly shifted from an unconscious to a subconscious state.

"Wha..."

Kevin was shocked by the transmigration process and by the System's appearance.

Warning: Relatively high host consciousness levels detected! This can have negative effects on spirit and soul enhancement.

Forcing unconscious state... failed.

Due to the soul-rending activity earlier, in addition to the years of stress, Kevin's soul weakened and became unstable.

Host's soul is evaporating... Initiating soul recovery... failed.

Initiating memory recovery... complete.

Finding new host... complete.

Sigh.

0