The Voice of The World
722 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nier wraps and hugs his blanket as he sinks into the luxuries of his own bed, his back sliding into the soft fibers of the emperor-size mattress that softly embraces him. If left alone, the man definitely intends to sleep in, most likely not awakening until noon. Although the world had other intentions, as something incredible was about to happen that would forever transform not only his but everyone's lives.

 

 

Because humanity must now brace itself for a cataclysm unlike any other. Because a colossal trumpet emerges from heaven in the midst of every land, its golden brilliance shines so brightly that even the ocean and the sky turn gold under its divine radiance.

 

 

It didn't matter who saw it or who didn't, for the rumbling was about to begin. However, unlike mythology, these trumpets did not come in a series of seven; rather, there was always one trumpet. So far, it has only rung once in a long-forgotten time. And today would be the second time the trumpets would have rang once more.

 

 

The trumpets that signal the beginning of the end, and the end of the beginning, began to rumble as the rapture was now upon mankind.

 

 

-- NLYAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!! --

 

 

No, it wasn't the sound of a trumpet! Instead, it was like a skyquake but a hundred times more terrifying. It seemed as if the world itself was screaming in terror, but despite the obvious horrors of the trumpet's heavenly demonic calling, there was a sense of raw divinity behind it.

 

 

The sound was so loud to the point that the earth itself began to shake as if dancing to the unharmonic rhythm that was chaos inarnate.

 

 

Nier awoke from his state of somnolence with a worried expression on his face, as he stated aloud. Despite the fact that he couldn't hear himself speak due to the trumpets.

 

 

"UGhaa!!!~~ What the hell is going on, and what is this sound?"

 

 

Nier stated, completely obvlious  to the curent state of the world; however despite the immense shaking that didn't stop him from opening up his balcony door, howeever what he saw baffled him beyond words.

 

 

As golden rays of morning light illuminated the land below, the source of the eerie sound revealed itself to him. Yes, it was a giant trumpet that was larger and wider than any building. He looked around and saw people kneeling in prayer as if God himself had descended. Others were taking videos of the occurrence as though it were the most logical thing to do in this situation. And yet, Nier himself couldn't help but feel an eerie sense of dread wash over him, almost as if the shadow of death had crept ever closer.

 

 

"I-I...Is this... a-a-a DREAM!?"

 

 

Nier inquired, horrified, but while asking whether he was having a vivid fever dream, he instinctively knew that wasn't the case. It was almost as if the world was informing him of the vision in front of him.

 

 

And then it happened: a voice began to whisper into Nier's thoughts, taking him off guard, and leaving him unprepared.

 

 

[Attention to all Gaian subjects: the day of judgment is here. As a result, the world will end in three days, the dead will rise, monsters locked in the neither will flood the mortal realm, and the Zenomen, an ancient alien civilization that predates even the Gods of Earth, will come to conquer the entire known universe. However, not all hope is lost; in order to acclimate to the new world and maximize your chances of survival, Gaia has sacifice half of herself, to cast a miracle upon you her children... as a result of this, please quickly select a class and a race.]

 

 

[And to keep introductions simple, my name is Aliyasa the Akashic, keeper of the world record and herald of Mother Gaia. I come with a message for all children of the dust, no matter how tiny they are, for all are equal in the eyes of our mother.]

 

 

[As a result of our mother's extreme weakness following her sacrifice, no man or animal on Earth will be under her protection. She has given you, her beloved shepherds, whom she has watched and cradled from the beginning of time, one final gift: the gift of change. In exchange for a bit of her, all she asks is that you all survive after the three days. For Chaos shall take the world, and engulf all regions of the sea, sky, and land below, and it will be every man for himself. With that, I bid my fellow brothers and sisters farewell. May the love of mothers save us all.]

 

 

The voice then vanished, but not before leaving a pair of enormous green and blue notice screens. On the left was a notice panel that looked like a system screen in those webnovels, and it said "Race Choices," while the other said "Class Choices." on the right. 

 

 

However, there was one issue: the selections on the screen, for example, on the race panel, there was a race called "Arch-Angel: 09" and it suddenly changed to "Arch-Angel 002", then 001, and eventually 000, before turning completely gray.

 

 

Nier fully understood what was going on right away, and then he remembered the voice word from earlier.

 

 

"Every man for themself."

 

 

As he put it, it woke him up right away.

 

 

"Shit, it's one of those events where there are only a few of each race." Because everyone in the globe is picking like crazy, I need to pick one before all the good ones are gone."

 

 

With that said, Nier began to scroll and speed-read the panel in quest of a Good race he could join, but every time he spotted one, it instantly turned grey.

 

 

"For fuck sake, this is harder than I expected, no I see the play here, technically you can't just pick one at random easily, then and again, the only ones that aren't going as fast are the ones that aren't recognized." When compared to the ones that are, for example, high elf, demon lord, witch, and titans are already gone, leaving little option to choose from, as those were the more prominent races that everyone is familiar with."

 

 

Nier thought to himself; as a result, if he wanted to stand a chance in the new world, he had to give up his humanity, which he didn't mind. He was essentially fuck if he remained human, especially with his family curse. As a result, Nier decides to try his luck and select one at random. That's when he came across a race with an unusual name, "Xonkigren: 001."

 

 

"A Xonkigren?" What the hell is that meant to be, well it doesn't matter because I don't have the right to pick and choose what I want, I'd rather be a Xon whatever it is than a weak human."

 

 

Nier chose the Xonkigren as his new race without hesitation. He went in blind with his decision, but what could he do? Maybe being Xonkigren isn't as horrible as the name, so he clicks on the Xonkigren, and another notification appears.

 

 

[Are you certain you want to change your race from Human to >> Xonkigren? Please be advised that all race changes are irreversible, and you will not be able to backtrack once you choose to advance to a higher race.]

 

 

[Yes] or [No]

 

 

"I already made up my mind so yes."

 

 

Nier declared, confirming his decision by tapping yes right away, and the next notice confirmed that his decision was irreversible.

 

 

[Your racial transition from human to Xonkigren has been confirmed; now choose your class and the evolution will begin.]

 

 

"Ok, now then, lets see what the classes are?"

 

 

Nier then proceeded to the class screen, where he found it far more peaceful than the battle for supremacy on the race screen. This part of the screen, behaved similarly to the previous panel, with races now labeled as classes such as "Swordmen: 1,122,423.", "Mage: 784,049.", "Archer: 1,110,003", and so on were present for choosing.

 

 

There was also a range of classes available by the hundreds, but he was taken away by something unusual in front of him: a special looking class choice labeled in gold. That said, highly recommended owing to compatibility with my new race.

 

 

Nier looked at the class that was suggested to him; it didn't have a synopsis; and he was confused about what it did and what the name of this class even entails.

 

 

[Chernobog Heir]

 

 

That was the name of the class, but what suprised him, was this was the first class he saw that had 001 attached to it meaning it was the only one that was left. Which was impossible seeing alot of the class were be a great amount. Instantly Nier guess what this might entail.

 

 

"A one-of-a-kind class, ha?" I'm curious if it's conditional, or if anyone could have obtained it."

 

 

Nier murmured to himself, curious whether his idea was correct, but in any case, having a unique class or a class on which only he and he alone, or he and a couple of others, knew what this class was capable of achieving as such would undoubtedly be an advantage. After all, as a senior call center agent, the more you know, the more you can persuade consumers to buy products that aren't even worth it. And they didnt even know they got played due to the consumer lack of information, that is reworded to convince them to buy the company product.

 

 

As a result, he didn't have to think twice before selecting "Chernobog Hier" as his new class and confirming it in the same way he did his race. After that, another piece of information entered his mind. And he lost consciousness almost immediately.

 

 

[You have chosen "Chernobog Hier" as your new class choice, which falls under the Ultimate class selection.]

 

 

[Conditions have been met, The world has acknowledged your choice; prepared to ascend to a higher race via force genetic rewiring in 3...2...1...

 

 

And with those words, Nier fell completely unconscious, his eyes closing and his thoughts entering a deep slumber as his body began to turn into a Xonkigren. And what this means for our main character, only time will tell.

23