I wanted a daughter
6k 13 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She crossed her legs and flicked a hand and the sky changed.

Like someone pressed the fast forward button and soon the sun was gone from the sky, or maybe it was just called a star, as the sun was the name for our star.

"You don't seem to suprised that I'm your mother." She said in an even tone, a slight smile on her face.

"I never really got time to spend with my adopted family, and you weren't around, so you can't expect me to just run into your arms."

"I don't, and please child, I watched over you all your life, your story is so much sadder than you let on." She looked at me and sighed softly.

"Well, I came here to tell you one thing, never trust the gods, and don't trust those in the Beyond Realm either. We're just a bunch of old foggies playing around, I don't want my son wrapped up in our games." She patted my head softly, and then I smacked her hand away.

"I know you wouldn't accept me as quickly as I had hoped, but if you continue to disrespect me, I'll put you over my leg and spank you." She said with a serious tone, her eyes glimmering in the dark.

"Why did you leave me?" I asked, wanting more than anything to know the answer.

"Because I wanted a daughter, and you were obviously a boy, so I ran off and waited until I could influence that damn world you were in." She said like that explained everything, but then she looked up at the sky and a soft small appeared on her face.

"Still, you are my child and I won't let anyone lead you astray. Even if you don't accept me, accept my title when you return. It was a nice chat, but you have got to go back before you soul leaves your body fully..." 

"And what happens when that happens?" I asked while starting to panic.

[Ding. Waking host.]

Over the sound of the system, I caught a few words from my mom as she broke down into dark mist.

"I-  -love- .. ou?" It sounded more like a question than a statement, but I digress.

...

The world did a front flip and then I leapt to my feet, and into the roof, through the roof, and into another roof, before my momentum killed itself.

I saw Reziel walking out of the hole I'd made, looking at me while question marks floated above her head.

[Ding. Evolution to Princess Xenomorph complete, title aquired Child of the Beyond, equip?]

I looked down and realized my body changed, and a small screen popped up with me on it.

My head was no longer dome shaped, it ended in two crowns, and my body got decidedly more slimmer.

'I accept the title. It'd be a waste not to as she gave it to me.' I looked at the title and nearly died in shock.

'What happened?' Reziel leapt over to me and looked around for an enemy.

'It changed, but that's to much! Why is it like this?'

[Ding. Host has gained a title : Child of the Beyond +10 Stars to potential.]

'So not only am I like those cheatlike protagonists, I also have world shaking talent? And a powerful mom? Isn't this to cliched?' I asked Reziel, only for her to give me a once over.

'I wasn't aware that you were so well connected, I'd have asked for a system upgrade instead of being angry at our mother.' 

I nodded, finding wisdom in her words, until my mind ground to a stop.

'You said our mom, as in me and yours? Wait, you're the daughter she always wanted?' I screamed while tackling her to the ground gently.

'Yes, it would appear so, I died the same time you did, and she sent me into the cycle of reincarnation until you produced a Xenomorph for me to take over. She said 'Always listen to your big brother, or I'll be real angry, okay?'

'Damn, so you knew who I was all this time, and you didn't tell me?' I asked while looking down at her.

She pushed me off while giving me an annoyed glance somehow, and then murmured.

'I thought you knew, otherwise why would I have reincarnated in such a backwater Realm?'

'Backwater? Wait, this is the second time I've heard the term realm used, what is it?'

'The Sol Realm is what you call the 'universe' we now reside in, and it's just a tiny particle world to the existence that wield true power. They could annihilate all life in the Sol Realm with a sneeze.' 

'Holy shit, then why are we so weak? And in such a lowly place? Mom should have at least left us in a good spot.' I whined to her to which she just patted my back.

'Wait, why did you not have a name?' I wondered aloud.

'We both have names, but it's tied to a different system, we're using the Secondary System, not the Main System, so our names weren't updated when we died and switched over to a new world.'

I inhaled a breath of air, then gave her a withering look.

'Don't tell me I lived a past life like you did?'

'You did, your name was Day then...'

 

118