Chapter 4 – Horsea and Dratini
721 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a remote corner of the forest, two Pokémon are locked in intense combat: Dratini squares off with Rattata.

"Dratini, avoid acting rashly. Your opponent is more agile than you. Pay close attention to its movements," instructs the young man.

All the while, Rattata agilely circles Dratini, biding its time for the opportune moment to attack. Dratini, although marred with many scratches, holds a steadfast and unyielding gaze.

Earlier, Dratini had disregarded its trainer's command, charging at Rattata impulsively. Though Rattata was momentarily surprised, it boasts significantly more battle experience than the young Dratini. As Dratini began to show signs of confusion, Rattata saw its chance and launched its assault.

Rattata uses the Tackle move.

"Dratini, stay focused! Use Wrap now!"

Pong

"Eh~" Dratini screamed in pain as it was struck by an attack, yet it persevered and rapidly countered with Wrap Move, ensnaring Rattata with its tail.

"Throw it, then use Extreme Speed!"

Dratini flings Rattata towards a nearby tree trunk.

Bang

"Ratt~" Rattata cries out in pain, trying to recover and flee.

"Dratini, do it!"

"Eheew!" With rushing speed, Dratini charges.

Extreme Speed.

Bang!

"Ratta~" Rattata was sent flying and let out a scream.

Thud.

Rattata lies motionless on the ground, unconscious.

Dratini panted heavily, on the verge of collapsing, but he mustered the strength to remain standing. The young man picked him up and channeled his Dragon Power into him. Dratini felt a comforting warmth, reminiscent of the security he felt inside an egg.

"You're impatient as ever," the young man remarked, lightly knocking Dratini on the head. "You didn't learn from your past mistakes. First, you lost to the previous Rattata, and now you've jumped into another battle without learning the lesson from before.

Dratini drooped his head, looking forlorn.

"At least you listened in the end. It's your first time defeating an enemy, and that's definitely worth celebrating. Congratulations on winning your battle, it means its a sign that you're growing up."

At the mention of "growing up," Dratini's eyes sparkled. That's what he longed for the most: to grow up quickly so he could protect his mother. He nuzzled his neck happily.

"Easy there," the young man laughed, gently prying Dratini away from his neck. "I have a special treat for you." He had spent 1,000 points on a Customized Breeding Method just for Dratini. Producing a bowl, he placed the Pokeblock inside.

Dratini eagerly moved to devour his treat. Hearing the commotion, Horsea, who was resting on the young man's backpack, quickly approached, looking at him hoping she would get her own treat.

Observing the lackadaisical young girl, he felt a strong urge to give her a spank on her tail. She had turned into a rebellious little girl with no ambition other than to eat, sleep, and lounge around.

"Hey there, kiddo. Do you do anything other than eat?" he asked.

"Horsea~" (I've been helping my older brother learn a new move.)

"Helping? Really? Because all I've seen you do is lie on my backpack," he retorted.

"Horsea~" (I did teach him earlier.)

He glanced at Axew, who was diligently practicing a move nearby. Axew was working on mastering Dragon Dance.

"Alright, finish eating, and then it's time to practice," he said, nodding approvingly at Axew before returning his gaze to Horsea.

"Horsea!" (That wasn't part of our agreement!)

"So what are you going to do? Just keep eating and lazing around? If you get fat, Horsea, don't say I didn't warn you," he chided.

"Horsea... Hor-sea? Horsea!" (Hmph, I won't get fat... Will I? No, I can't get fat!)

Visibly alarmed, Horsea envisioned herself with a bloated belly, becoming the subject of ridicule by her trainer, her older brother, and her younger sibling.

"Horsea, Horsea! Horsea?" (I don't want to get fat, but I also don't want to train! What should I do?)

"Why not try dancing? You enjoy it, right? If you keep dancing, you won't gain fat," he said, trying to coax the young Horsea into training.

In truth, he had only met this Horsea a month ago. She was lying listlessly like a beached fish on the shore when he first encountered her. Enticed by a delicious aroma, she followed it until she discovered him making something unknown to her. Although she didn't recognize what is it, she knew one thing: it smelled delicious.

Initially, she had wanted to sneak closer, but the menacing Axew at his side deterred her. She trailed them discreetly until evening. Just as she prepared to use Smokescreen to snatch their bag and make her escape, she realized that she had already become a target for the young man. With his dragon-powered strength, capturing a little Horsea was child's play.

Normally, he wouldn't bother capturing a run-of-the-mill Horsea. Although somewhat rare, he could spot one to three Horsea in each city across Maharlika, even occasionally encountering a Seadra before making an escape. However, the stats of this particular Horsea astonished him. This little creature had learned two unique moves: Dragon Dance and Rain Dance.

Pokemon: Horsea

Level: 13

Type: Water

Ability: Swift Swim

Moves:

Beginner Level: Dragon Dance, Rain Dance, Water Gun, Smokescreen, Wrap

Although she lacked genetic abilities, having Dragon Dance and Rain Dance was extraordinary. He couldn't recall how many times he was trying to find a Pokemon who was capable of learning Dragon Dance, but this young creature had actually managed it.

Initially, he tempted her into submission with a delicious berry, which really worked as he planned. However, when he asked if she would allow Axew to learn Dragon Dance, she flatly refused, citing it as tiring for her. It took him a week to persuade her to teach Axew some moves, under the condition that he continue cooking for her. All she desired was a peaceful life, yearning only to age gracefully like a salted fish.

But after a few days of observation, he noticed something else: aside from her tendencies for laziness and eating, she also had a fondness for dancing.

A few weeks later, they encountered a gravely injured Dragonite, lying unconscious in a cave and cradling an egg in her arms. Her body was marred by multiple bruises, scratches, and burns, yet these seemed minor compared to her current unresponsive state right now. The young man immediately set about treating her wounds. As he doing the treatment process, the egg suddenly glowed, revealing a tiny Dratini inside.

Unlike the current impatient and lonely Dratini they knew now, this newly hatched Dratini was remarkably energetic. The young man even prepared some food for the little creature. Though he was tempted to keep this Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon for himself, he was moved by the sight of the mother Dragonite protecting her egg, even in her unconscious state. He couldn't bear to separate them.

When Dragonite awoke and saw the broken shell, her eyes locked on Dratini, who was playing with the young man. Instantly, her demeanor changed to a killing intent. She let out a roar that made the young Dratini cry.

After a few tense minutes, Dragonite realized that this young man was the one who had been treating her and her offspring while she was unconscious. She even noticed the disappearing wounds on her body, and there was a familiar warmth about him, akin to her own kind, like a dragon. However, recalling the cruel actions of humans, she suppressed her aggressive tendencies and left with her son.

The young man understood her vigilance. The injuries she had sustained were clearly from man-made weapons. Who else could have inflicted such harm?

There's one answer. Human.

One day later, fate brought them together again. This time, Dragonite pleaded with him to take care of her son and warned him to get away as soon as possible.

And the rest was history.

As the young man looked at Dratini contentedly eating, he found himself lost in the memories of their past encounters.

He looked at him and saw his stats.

Pokemon: Dratini

Level: 6

Type: Dragon

Ability: Shed Skin

Moves:

Beginner Level: Extreme Speed, Dragon Breath, Wrap, Twister

Genetic Skill: Extreme Speed, Dragon Breath

25