[F117] Chapter-35: Kamishini No Yari – 3
40 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Sai saw that Mr. Ben was sitting in the cafeteria at the academy. Sai decided to go over and talk to Mr. Ben since he was curious about something.

 

As Sai approached, he greeted Mr. Ben saying, "So, I see you have come back to the cafeteria again."

 

Mr. Ben looked up at Sai and smiled, responding "Yes, yes. I quite enjoy the kids and atmosphere here. What would you like to eat?"

 

Sai shook his head, declining the offer for food, and replied "Oh no, I have my homemade lunch with me today. But I did want to ask you something if you have a moment."

 

Mr. Ben gazed at Sai without saying anything, but his expression indicated that Sai should go ahead and continue with his question.

 

Sai went on, "I was curious - how strong are you? You seem like you have a lot of power and fighting capabilities."

 

At this, a little smirk crossed Mr. Ben's face. He answered in a bit of a sarcastic, mocking tone, "You could say that I am close to the level of Ultra Instinct."

 

At first, Sai did not understand the reference to Ultra Instinct. But after thinking about it for a second, he realized what Mr. Ben meant. Excitedly, Sai asked "Wait, do you mean Ultra Instinct like in Dragon Ball Super? That level of power?"

 

Mr. Ben chuckled and nodded, clarifying "Yes, the Ultra Instinct level of power you see in that show. I would say I'm close to that, not exactly at that god-level tier, but in that realm of strength."

 

Sai's eyes widened in astonishment as he absorbed Mr. Ben's claim. The mere mention of Ultra Instinct, a legendary and nearly mythical level of power in the world of Dragon Ball Super, sent shivers down Sai's spine. It was as if he had stumbled upon a living embodiment of the fantastical abilities he had only witnessed on his television screen. This power is universe-level power.

 

Sai questioned further "...So you really are that strong then?" To have capabilities anywhere even near what the character Goku gains in the Ultra Instinct form was pretty unbelievable.

 

Still wearing an amused little grin, Mr. Ben replied "Yes, I am. What, did you want to try picking a fight with me to test out if I'm telling the truth?" He flexed his arm jokingly. 

 

But Sai rapidly shook his head, not wanting to fight Mr. Ben whatsoever. Instead, he made a request: "Actually, I came over because I lack good training partners in this world. I have not been able to improve my own strengths and powers as much as I want for that reason. So I was hoping, would you become my training partner?"

 

Mr. Ben raised one eyebrow, a bit surprised at the turn this conversation had taken. A student asking him to train together was not something he had really expected.

 

Sai hurried to explain further, hoping Mr. Ben would agree. "Like I said, I just have not found anyone at my level to spar and train with. Everyone here is either too weak for me to improve from fighting, or legendary level experts are far outrank me where I cannot put up much of a battle either. But since you said you have Immense power even if it's not quite Ultra Instinct tier, I think you would be good matches for me to train with! I could finally have a real challenge to help me get stronger. And I imagine with your skills, you could teach me a lot too. What do you say, will you help me in  my training?"

 

Considering this appeal, Mr. Ben took on a more serious expression instead of the amused look he had earlier. This was clearly important to Sai. He crossed his thick arms and looked upwards while thinking deeply for a while. Sai waited with a slight smile - having such an incredibly powerful fighter agree to spar and give him pointers regularly would be an enormous boost to his rate of improvement.

 

Finally Mr. Ben met Sai's eager gaze again. "You make a fair point that you seem lacking in partners of adequate strength at this academy..." he conceded. "I imagine with the proper motivation and combat practice, your latent talents could bloom greatly."

 

He nodded firmly. "Very well then. I will agree to be your training partner and oversee your development in combat abilities!" 

 

2