Silent Massacre
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trigger Warning: This chapter may contain disturbing content, you have been advised.

Cody perched on the fractured hotel rooftop, gazing at the ravaged city in the distance. His eyes widened, spotting a dark plume of smoke rising from camp bliss. “Not again. Not there.” He shot up and sprinted toward the exit.

 

Swinging the door open, he thundered down the stairs. “EVERYONE, WE NEED TO LEAVE! OUR CAMP'S IN TROUBLE!” His urgent shouts echoed through the stairwell.

 

In the lobby, Cody confronted Mr. Peterson. “Gather everyone; the others are in trouble.” He rushed over to the bus. Mr. Peterson turned. “WE HAVE TO GO! NOW!” He bellowed.

 

Doro perched on a log, Elaine tending to his shoulder as they observed the distant fire. “What's the next stage?” She inquired, studying him.

 

Doro looked at her, gripping his walkie-talkie. He pressed the button, uttering, “Start stage 3.” He released the button, fixing his gaze on Elaine. “Termination,” he declared with a single word.

 

Elaine frowned, quickly averting her eyes. “Okay,” she whispered, glancing back at the camp.

 

Bob jogged in the forest, the kids trailing behind. “Spread around,” he hissed, and the kids dispersed to avoid grouping. Biters growled as they snuck through the woods.

 

Bob addressed Jacob. “If you see something, point it out.” Jacob nodded, scanning the surroundings. A sudden whizzing sound, a gasp, and leaves crunching reached their ears.

 

A kid screamed. “THEY KILLED HIM!” Bob’s eyes widened, comprehending the situation. “Run! Run!” he yelled, grabbing Jacob's arm, and they sprinted.

 

Bullets whizzed by as the kids struggled to keep up. A scream cut short, and Bob, looking back, witnessed a soldier in a tree targeting one of the kids. He aimed his rifle with one arm, stared at the soldier with both eyes wide open, and fired, causing the soldier to scream and plummet.

 

“There’s going to be more. Go!” Bob shouted, and they continued running until reaching a small creek.

 

Bob panted and surveyed the group. His eyes widened. Some kids had blood splatters on their faces, and he counted the remaining ones, tearing up at the loss of 10 in that short span.

Bob scanned the surroundings, searching for soldiers before turning to the kids. "We need to go," he whispered, and they nodded. "Follow me; the creek offers some cover." He crouched, leading them along the creek line, Jacob and the others in tow.

 

Bob's heart raced, tension coursing through his body. Sweat trickled down his forehead as he surveyed the creek line, using the grass for camouflage.

 

Spotting a group of soldiers approaching the creek, his eyes widened. "Soldiers," he uttered. Bob dipped his hand into the water, retrieving a hard rock, which he tossed toward a tree. The rock ricocheted and rolled into the forest, creating noise that diverted the soldiers' attention.

 

Peeking, Bob counted shadows. "Four of them, two walking side by side," he breathed, aiming his rifle.

 

"Won't that alert them to our position?" Jacob whispered. Bob nodded. "You're right." He ceased aiming, and they pressed forward.

 

Reaching a treeline, they observed a town. Biters in the distance ambled toward commotion and fire inside the town.

 

Bob crept to a building's wall, peering around it. Biters feasted on others, a truck engulfed in flames.

 

The kids surveyed the area as Bob stepped onto the street, biters shuffling away. Ears ringing, Bob spaced out. Jacob tugged Bob's sleeve, looking up. "It's dangerous. Let's go inside a building, okay?"

 

Bob nodded, heading to a ruined grocery store. Guns cocked, and flashlights illuminated behind them.

 

Bob tensed, turning around. Soldiers stood there, guns aimed. Panic filled the kids' expressions.

 

"NO!" Bob screamed, attempting to protest, but the soldiers opened fire. Blood speckled Bob; he turned, grabbing Jacob as screams echoed. Sprinting past biters, he reached a church, closing the door.

 

Biters banged on the front doors as Bob held Jacob, screams fading. He set Jacob on a wooden chair, his eyes widened. “No! No!” seeing blood covering his left side, applying pressure to the wound. Jacob whined, grabbing Bob's hand.

 

"I'm sorry," Bob sobbed, tears rolling down Jacob's cheek as he ceased breathing. Blood stained the chair.

 

Bob froze, breathing heavy, grabbing his chest. Pupils shaking, tears streamed down his face. He looked at the church entrance, moonlight illuminating them, then back at Jacob.

 

Clutching his head, Bob slid against the wall and collapsed onto the floor. He reached for his knees, hugging himself. "I'm sorry," he spoke.

 

Ed drove the bus, eyes on the smoke plume. Raven readied his gun, staring at Guts and Dogface. "We kill these fucks," Raven declared.

 

Guts met Raven's gaze, a serious look in his eyes. "I'm going to make sure they die," Guts responded. Raven nodded.

0