Not Forgotten – Part 018
84 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scott and Compton had finally finished their usual rounds around the city around nine at night and they only got through a small part of the city. Which wasn't unusual, but it still wore them out. Normally Silva would go through another part of the city but she was rather overwhelmed from the news that the letter brought. She also had to meet with Iscarat today to make sure he was behaving. Though today they had all decided to eat at Monty's when they were done.

 

"Hey boys! Welcome, Silva's at the back table. Though she already started drinking without ya." Monty said as the two walked in.

 

"Thanks Monty, two of the usual and a couple of pints." Scott replied.

 

"Thanks for trying to keep her sober for us Monty." Compton said sarcastically.

 

"You know I would never deny a paying customer." He replied as he walked back to the kitchen.

 

Scott and Compton both walked over to the back table where Silva was sitting. She was clutching a half empty pint in one hand and had her head lying on the table as if she had fallen asleep. It wasn't hard for them to notice the other two empty pints beside her. 

 

"Starting without us was rude Silva." Compton said as he sat down.

 

"No, I just got here." She replied, drunkenly without lifting her head.

 

"How many did you have?" Scott asked before also sitting down.

 

"Only one." She replied. Scott and Compton both gave her a look of concern.

 

"We can see the other two pints. You aren't fooling us." Compton stated.

 

"Okay, maybe three and what's gone from this one." She said, raising her head and the pint before drinking some more of it.

 

"I guess it's going to be one of those nights." Compton said with a sigh.

 

"Which means one of us has to stay sober."

 

The two looked at each other then at Silva before each raising a hand. Compton raised a scissors symbol while Scott raised paper.

 

"Damn it!" Scott exclaimed. Monty came by and set down both pints of beer to which Scott pushed his over towards Compton. "Here ya go Ten." 

 

"You know I hate that nickname."

 

"I know, that's why I said it."

 

"Hey… one of you needs to go to Iscarat's tomorrow. He, well… I can't remember what he wanted but one of you needs to go." Silva said in her drunken state.

 

They looked at each other again and raised their hands. This time though as they did Compton raised paper and Scott raised rock. "How do you beat me every time?"

 

"I'm just smarter is all."

 

"Bullshit! You're cheating somehow!"

 

"Just deal with it. You wouldn’t want our teacher to think you need more patience training, would you?" Compton said, gesturing at Silva. They both realized though that she was out cold.

 

"Did she eat yet? If not she's gonna be cranky later."

 

"Agreed, wanna wake her up?"

 

"Fine." Scott said with an eye roll before getting up. He walked beside her where he grabbed her shoulder and started shaking her.

 

"Wha… what's going on?" She said as she slowly stirred awake.

 

"Your food is almost here. Wait a little bit longer before you pass out."

 

"...okay." she said, before lifting her head up. As she did Monty came by with their food.

 

"Silva already ordered but wanted to wait till you two arrived so here you are." He said.

 

"""Thanks Monty""" they all replied before digging in. The three spent their night eating and discussing their day. Although, Silva kept dozing off and Compton was getting more and more drunk by the minute. Scott had to be the one to pay the tab, carry Silva home, and lead Compton back like he was a toddler on a leash. Compton was easily led to his bed while every time Scott attempted to set Silva down she would latch onto him even tighter than before. Like some drunk sloth.

 

“Damn it Silva. First you get wasted and next you won’t even let me put you to bed. What’s next?” Scott said in a hushed but annoyed tone.

 

“Sleep... with... me…” she replied.

 

“What?”

 

“Blaegh!” Scott suddenly felt wet. She had thrown up all over him and was still clinging on to him for dear life in her sleep.

 

“Let go of me woman! Now I have to clean this before I can go to sleep!”

 

4