Beginning Of The End – Part 040
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing their conversation I shut my eyes and reappeared back on top of the building that Lily was flying over before. Thankfully, she wasn’t too far away and was able to pick me up quickly. As soon as I was inside the pendant I informed the others about the situation. They weren’t any more excited than I was about it.

“So what now? Do we steal it from Merlin or do we just let him keep it for himself? No matter what we do, we can’t involve Silva.” Compton asked.

“I don’t know. Speaking of Silva. Where is she?” I asked.

“She should still be hanging around near the front of the Abbey, why?” Elysif answered.

“We should probably watch over her for a bit. If whatever group is following Merlin knows what he has then they won’t hesitate to take it.” I said.

“Good point.” Compton replied.

“Lily, follow Silva and look for people who may want to attack Merlin like before.” I said to Lily.

“Got it.” she replied before flying over to Silva.

Silva, like before, followed Merlin from a distance as soon as she saw him exiting the Abbey. Had anyone seen it without knowing that she was following him, they wouldn’t have noticed her. It was impressive how good she was at blending into the crowd despite her silver-looking hair.

Following her from above we saw that Merlin had gone much further ahead than her. Giving them over block distance between them. Suddenly at the crossroads, Merlin split into three and walked in each direction. A beggar who was wandering around asking for change began looking down each road as he saw Merlin go down each one. Not knowing which one to follow, the beggar followed after the one going south towards the hotel. Seeing the beggar’s action Silva followed behind the beggar until the Merlin he was following went down an alleyway.

Hurrying to follow the Merlin, the beggar went down the alleyway only for there to be nothing there. He looked confused as he looked around only to find Silva standing behind him with her rapier drawn. He looked scared for a second but with a snap of his fingers, a crest on his ring began glowing. In less than a second, the alleyway was filled with smoke. Silva tried to give chase but was too busy dealing with the smoke entering her lungs to do so.

The beggar didn’t run. Instead, he drew a knife and charged at the currently blinded and asphyxiating Silva. Lily was too high above Silva to do anything so I appeared out of the pendant and landed in front of Silva. The knife buried deep into my back near my pelvis with barely a groan in pain from myself. It wasn’t that it didn’t hurt but that I was used to it at this point.

“What?” the beggar said in bewilderment before I turned around to face him. The knife still protruding from my backside.

“Tell me something. Whom do you work for and what is your business?” I asked the beggar calmly as the smoke cleared.

“Tell me what you are first.” the beggar demanded.

“I am the Lord of time. Friend of Mordred Pendragon and Galahad. Enemy of Merlin.” I replied. As soon as I finished my sentence the beggar dropped to one knee and bowed his head.

“Then you are the one known as Micheal. I am a keeper of the tomes under the knights of Galahad. The last time we heard from you was during Sir Galahad’s time. Most of us thought you were a myth.” the beggar said.

“Yes, I have been busy. However, there wasn’t much for me to do between then and now. I apologize for that.” I replied.

“I understand. What do you seek of me?” the beggar asked.

“Leave Merlin be for now. I will deal with him. However, this child is necessary to defeat Merlin. She is not to be harmed.” I said.

“Of course.” the beggar said before walking off.

Turning back to Silva, she looked horrified and ready to attack at the same time. Like a cornered tiger. Seeing as the knife in me my back was starting to get to the point that it was unbearable I ripped it out. Letting out some mild curses under my breath as the wound healed itself. Just as I did so Lily flew down to me and rested on my shoulder.

“So this is your master?” Silva asked rhetorically as she stood up and held the tip of her rapier out to me.

1