Beginning Of The End – Part 024
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was around this moment that Tim realized that I was there and turned her head towards me. Elysif followed her gaze and both of them saw me just within earshot, staring out at the ocean. Somehow the act that I was minding my own business wasn’t working at all. Seeing as there was no more reason for Tim to be around she got up and headed back towards the tent.

“Oh, if neither of you can sleep because of the saltwater then here.” Tim said with a flick of her wrist. As she did Elysif and I both felt warm water rushing from our heads and down our bodies underneath our clothes. Despite this, our clothes didn’t get wet at all. We both felt a bit of relief from this as we were both suffering from it.

“Thank you.” I replied as Tim went inside the tent.

“So, any ideas as to where we need to head next?” Elysif asked in order to change the subject as I walked up to her.

“I figured we should probably try talking to Mordred. I know it’s pointless but maybe we can plant the seeds of doubt. Also, we should probably save Silva at some point.” I replied.

“Saving Silva is definitely something we need to do but do we really need to try with Mordred? The rules of time aren’t exactly our friend.” Elysif asked.

“Not really. However, I want to try. You wouldn’t happen to know when the Agency first put themselves in Warwick castle would you?” I asked.

“No. that would be a question for Compton. He has the most knowledge about the Agency.” Elysif said.

“Okay, I’ll talk to him tomorrow. For now, we should probably go to bed.” I said.

“Yeah.” Elysif said before the two of us went into the tent. Much to our surprise both Lily and Tim had decided that Compton made an excellent pillow and were using him as such. Compton was none the wiser though as he was completely out. Seeing no reason to bother any of them we just went to sleep as well.

The next morning I had the honor of waking up to Elysif making breakfast. It was pretty good but Tim kept berating her to add more spices. Rlysif wasn’t having it though and kept trying to stop her. This led to an argument between the two. Compton had a hangover so he couldn’t exactly help and I had my own problem.

“Lily, no more cream for you! You can’t handle it and we still have a whole day of beach fun.” I said as I held a bottle of cream above my head.

“Let me enjoy my cream! I promise I won’t drink too much, just give it back!” Lily yelled at me as she jumped up to get the cream. She could have easily flown up and tried to take it but I dumped some water on her wings and now she couldn’t fly for the moment.

“I can’t trust you to not drink it all. What if you go in the ocean after drinking this and end up drowning?” I asked.

“I won’t be able to go in the ocean, let alone move if I drink all of that.” Lily stated as she tried jumping up and down to grab the bottle. Her attempts were futile though, she couldn’t even come close to reaching it.

“That’s my point. Do you want to lay here on the beach dazed out of your mind while you get a horrific sunburn or would you rather play in the ocean and then drink the cream tonight before bed?” I asked. She stopped jumping for a minute to think before looking back up at me.

“Okay, I see your point. I’ll wait to drink the cream until tonight.” Lily said as she finally realized that I was making sense.

“Good. now I can put this away.” I said as I lowered the bottle and went to go put it in the cooler. Just as I was reaching to open the cooler, Lily grabbed the bottle and ran.

“You little shit!” I yelled as I chased after her. The noises she made as I gave chase were a mix of her trying to chug the cream and incoherent screams.

By the time I finally caught her I looked at the bottle to see that it was completely empty. Lily tried to get out of my grip as I carried her back to the camp. With the amount that she just drank I had no doubt that it would start kicking in pretty soon. That said, I had no idea. Last night was the first time I had heard anything about Fae being affected by dairy products.

Letting go of her she got down on the beach blanket and looked to be awaiting breakfast. Her smug face making me want to take away her breakfast as a form of punishment but I’m not that harsh. However, once Elysif was done with breakfast Lily grabbed me from behind and draped her head across my shoulder. She then whispered not so quietly into my ear.

“I’m going to impregnate you…” she said drunkenly.

“Lily… How?” I replied with a dumbfounded and disturbed look that showed on my mask.

“... Uh, I… don’t know?” she replied with a slight chuckle before falling off my back and into the beach blanket.

1