[ Arc 01 ][ 11 ] Communication
233 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Here, here,” the girl said, holding the carrot out for me with her hand.

“Goddammit!” I cursed inwardly at my uncontrollable desire to eat the damn thing.

I, a once proud human, am now a furry and it was all thanks to this same girl that killed me. And the reason for my death? I don’t actually recall. For some reason, my memories at that time of my death seem a little hazy. Not sure why.

Anyway, right now I had turned into a rabbit and am being force fed by my killer! The humiliation! Argh! The humiliation! It’s so damn unbearable!

“If you don’t eat your carrots, I’ll starve you to death,” the girl suddenly threatened when she noticed me fighting to not eat it.

I flinched as the loving expression on her face changed to that of a cold ruthless killer, giving by furry body goose bumps that I never knew an animal could have. As if reacting automatically, my body reacted before my brain did and began bitting down on the carrot at super speed.

“Very good,” she said with a smile, returning to her loving expression from before.

“Goddammit! This is so humiliating!” I vailed inwardly as I ate the fruit.

Well, admittedly the carrots actually tasted pretty good although a bit salty. They are so yummy that I just want to keep eating this and eat nothing else.

“Wait, wait, wait! I’m losing myself like this! Get a grip, stupid body! Get a grip!”

I start fighting for control over my body and began refusing her. For a few seconds, I maintained control but this stupid body’s instinctive need to eat or something caused me to begin eating.

“Dammit! I am the master of this body, you stupid rabbit!” I cursed the body although I forgot the fact that its my body now so I was pretty much cursing myself.

Like this, the girl continued to feed me carrot and then another carrot once that was over and then another when that one was over. I really wished she would stop feeding me like this! I will grow fat!

“Hey! Girl!” I tried shouting but my shouts came out as cute squeaks.

It was humiliating but nonetheless, I continued to try and gain her attention.

“Hey! Girl! Stop feeding me! You’ve been feeding me too many carrots! Feed me some chicken if you will! Hello! I’m talking to you!”

While shouting, I also flailed my hands in the air and moved my body without actually jumping. From the earlier fiasco of jumping too high and smashing into the ceiling, I didn’t dare to jump again since I had absolutely no clue how strong my jumps are without fully testing them.

“Oh, how cute~! You love me so much that you’re giving me a performance?” The girl asked cutely with a lovable expression on her face.

“Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!” I yelled angrily but only more cute sounds came out of my mouth.

Not only did she not understand anything I tried to convey, she got the total opposite impression of what I was doing. She thinks that I’m giving her a performance, but I am not! I’m trying to communicate with you, you stupid girl!

Unable to comprehend what I wished for; the girl continued to feed me carrots. It made me wonder why and how she had such an endless supply of carrots around her. I gave up and let my body do what it wanted to instinctively and eat the carrots without fuss.

Finally, it seemed that she had reached the end of her carrot supplies because she stopped giving me carrots.

“I think that’s enough for lunch. You’ll be able to eat more in the afternoon and then some more in the night, okay?” She asked me with a cute expression.

“Sure. Whatever. I don’t care,” I replied without care though I made cute sounds instead.

She beamed at me and took the empty plate that was littered with carrots from earlier and rose to her feet. Then she headed off through the side entrance into what I assumed was the kitchen.

When she was finally gone, I began glancing around at my surroundings. It was indeed a spacious home that she lived in, a luxurious one at that compared to some of the more comfortable places located in the city.

“How did I become a rabbit and why? I don’t get it,” I muttered to myself, making small cute sounds outwardly, “but first I’ve got to figure out how to communicate with her.”

She’s my only source to find out what had happened to me because she was my killer and I somehow became her pet. This is humiliating but I’ve got no choice. I’ve got to communicate with her but how? Anything I say becomes a cute sound and anything I do becomes cute. It’s really humiliating.

I began dragging my feet forward on the table while looking around for something. That was when I saw a rack of shelves filled with books.

“Yes! Books! I can use those to communicate with her,” I muttered excitedly, “but…!”

My excitement was short lived when I realised that I was a few meters away from the bookshelf from where I sat on the table.

From my vantage point, I can see two options for me to get to the bookshelf. Option one is that I jump from here and try to reach the bookshelf. Option two would be to land on the floor, go over to the bookshelf and then leap at it to hopefully make a book fall. In both cases, I would need to leap. That’s for sure.

“Damn. I wish I can get there without having to jump and get myself into an embarrassing situation,” I thought but I also knew I was asking too much from my new body.

So, I slide myself using my fluffy feet to the edge of the table and looked down. It was a drop alright, not a large one, but still a drop that might hurt me. I tilted my head to look at the bookshelf and wondered if I could jump straight at it although if I miss, I might end up elsewhere.

“I guess down it is.”

With the decision made, I gulped nervously and looked down carefully at the floor. I hesitated to jump from the fear of the pain I might receive and what else might happen. After all, I don’t know anything else about this body other than that it was an unnaturally strong rabbit’s body.

“Well, here goes,” I muttered and leaned over the edge.

Like that, I fell from the edge of the table, and I tried my best to land on my feet. However, gravity is not to be underestimated, and I found myself unable to control my fall. And so, I fell flat on my bottom with my head facing towards the bookshelf.

“Ouch! Ah… crap. That hurt a little,” I admitted wearily.

I pushed myself using my nimble fingers and sat up and was amazed that the injuries I sustained weren’t severe. In fact, I feel just fine other than my belly aching from the fall.

“It must’ve been all the carrot that I ate,” I grumbled.

Regardless, I slid myself towards the bookshelf and looked up. They were stacked neatly in rows but none of them had titles that I could read. My family were poor and couldn’t afford any education, but my mother managed to give me some home schooling that helped me a little bit in basic reading and writing so the fact that I couldn’t read the text on the book side confused me.

“I guess I’m going to ruin this arrangement but… it’s for a good cause,” I muttered to give myself some confidence.

I took the best stance a rabbit could take and leaped towards the bookshelf. I shot forward so fast that in the blink of an eye, I smashed head long into the bookshelf. Fortunately, I was headed at my target but unfortunately, I did not aim right because I flew straight forward and smashed my head against the middle section supporting the bookshelf.

In my dim state of shock, I heard the sound of splintering wood before the bookshelf broke away and all the books tumbled down on me.

“Argh!” I cried out in shock and pain as I got submerged by the heavy books.

“W-What?! What happened?!” The girl cried out in alarm as she raced out of the kitchen to witness the damage I had caused. “Oh no! The bookshelf! But more importantly, where’s the rabbit?! Where are you rabbit?!”

“Over here!” I tried to shout but I only managed to make feeble whimpering sounds.

“Oh no!” She exclaimed, hurrying over and shoving the books aside to find me lying underneath them. “What happened, my cute pet? Why’d you go knock yourself against the bookshelf like that? Don’t you realise you could’ve gotten crushed underneath them?”

As she berated me out of concern, I felt a strange twinge in my chest that I did not know what it was. I finally got her attention so I shrugged away the pain and did my best to flail my fluffy hands to point towards the books while doing an imitation of reading it.

“You’re telling me that you… wanted to read the books?” She asked in confusion.

“No! I wanted to communicate with you!” I shouted but made cute sounds instead. “I thought that if I got your attention with books, you might get the underlining meaning!”

“If you wanted to read them, you should’ve asked. I’m right here, aren’t I?” She asked softly with a caring look on her face.

It was the first time in a really long time that I was showered with such affection that I was lost for words. She was my killer and yet, here she was, worrying about me. It was so convincing that I began doubting whether she was the same person that had killed me.

Well, I doubt she knows that I was her killer but whatever. I must not get swayed by this woman’s strange behaviour and focus on what I must do.

“I’m trying to communicate with you, girl!” I tried saying while making cute sounds outwardly.

“Yes, yes. I’ll read them to you now,” she said to me gently.

The girl knelt down, scooped me into her arms and rose up before moving over to lay me down gently on the table. Then she walked over to the mess I made and picked up a book at random before coming back to sit down on the table in front of me.

“Okay, so what do you want to read?” She asked me, laying the book down for me to look at.

The side text of the book was unreadable, but I was able to read the text on the front of the book. It had the title “Communication Skills between Wizard and Animal” which I never heard of before. Still, I took this was my golden chance to use my fluffy fingers to tap the world “Communicate” repeatedly.

She leaned forward and looked at what I was tapping and asked, “Communicate? You like that word?”

“Yes! I’ve like to communicate with you!” I told her firmly by making cute sounds.

She blinked at me at first and then looked back at the word I was tapping. Then she seemed to have realised what I was after and smiled at me.

“Ah! I get it! You want to communicate with me. Is that right?”

I immediately nodded my head vigorously and said, “About goddamn time you understood!”

It looked like my response convinced her as she nodded her head twice and said, “Alright. I can easily arrange that.”

“You can? With what?” I asked curiously but she did not respond.

Instead, she held her hand out and twirled it in mid-air while chanting something in a strange tongue. I didn’t recognise what language it was although I only knew one language and that was the common tongue used in the city so perhaps it was a language from another country perhaps.

“What did you do?” I asked, but instead of making a cute sound, my actual voice leaked out instead.

“There! You can communicate with me now,” she told me with a smile.

“I can speak again…! I can really speak again!” I said quietly in a silent excitement rose up within me.

“Yes. Isn’t that great?” She asked with a wonderous smile. “So, what did you want to talk to me about?”

I looked at her and, in that instant, my excitement was quickly replaced with rage as my hatred for her boiled to the surface and made me shout at her in a furious voice.

“What have you done to me, you stupid girl?! Why am I in the body of a rabbit and what happened to my real body?! What did you do to me?! Tell me!”

By the time I finished raging, I was out of breath and took a moment to catch my breath. I looked at her and saw that she was still smiling at me with that pleasant expression on her face. It lasted for a few seconds before she slowly closed her eyes with the same smile etched on her face. However, when the smile soon began to fade away and was replaced with a grim expression as she reopened her eyes to give me a deadly glare.

“Who are you calling stupid, you stupid little rodent?!”

Her voice was cold to the point that I thought one could turn into ice sculpture if it were magical. But for me, none of it happened but just from her voice, her expression and the deadly look she was giving me, I knew I made a grave mistake.

While I was paralysed with shock, she held her right hand out and clicked. In an instant, a long butcher knife appeared out of thin air, and she caught it. That action made me snap back to reality and realise what was happening.

“I have to escape—!” I began and turned my body to leap away.

“Die,” she uttered that simple word and swung the butcher knife at me.

For a moment, I felt a strange sensation run through me and had this strange sensation that I was flying through the air before I landed with a light thud on the floor. I lay there, unmoving as I felt that I no longer had any control over my body.

I moved my eyes towards where she was and saw my headless body in a leaping position on the table from before. Then it flopped down on the table and the blood began pouring out of it. There was so much blood that it began trickling off the edge of the table and onto the floor.

“So, this is how I die for the second time?” I questioned blankly as I accepted my fate more readily than the last time.

In that brief moment that I was conscious, I turned my eyes a little towards her and saw a bloody expression on her face. Blood from my body covering her face as she held a bloodstained butcher knife in her hand as she glared down at me with a cold mirthless expression on her face.

For some reason, I hated her even more and before losing consciousness, I uttered my words of hate towards her.

“Curse you… girl!”

Then everything began to fade to black. As I began to fade to black, I hoped that when I wake up next time, all of this would’ve been a bad dream. A very bad dream.

3