Interview #3: Interview log between Exorcist Wern and Jem Dy
9 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Records Department: We are sorry for the delay of this interview, the committee had to redact this document multiple times before sending it out.

Interview log between Exorcist Wern and Jem Dy.

 

The room the interview will take place in is about 6x7 meters. It was bisected width-wise by a long heavy table that extended from the east to the west wall, a foot above the table was a thick glass divider. It has two doors on the east wall. Both the south and north side had two wooden chairs. There was a clock on the south wall. Exorcist Wern was the first into the room, and in the north half of it, having interviewed Gen Mahler 7 minutes earlier. Jem Dy was escorted into the south half of the room by two police officers at 13:00.

 

In this interview, Exorcist Wern will be addressed as EW and Jem Dy as JD, other participants will be noted by name, title, or job. If a participant makes a significant gesture or movement it will be recorded in between these symbols **.

 

Exorcist Wern: Jem Dy?

 

Jem Dy: [redacted]

 

EW: Do you know why you are here?

 

JD: I am here.


Note by Records Department, the next ten lines are redacted. The general summary of what happened in them, in a way we can tell you, is that Exorcist Wern asks Jem Dy about his past and family. Jem Dy responded saying they were a doctor and a spiritualist, they also run an independent practice where he practices their professions. 


EW: Are you aware of any supernatural events happening recently?

 

JD: Yes, a witch cult has been messing with the dreams of many of our towns folk.

 

EW: What makes you say that?

 

JD: I have had many patients come to my practice complaining about weird dreams followed by intense feelings of disgust upon awakening. When examining those dreams, I had found a couple of common points. One, all of those patients said that the offending dreams had started with an intense cutting pain on the top of their scalp. Two, they were interrogated about their knowledge on various topics by a misty silhouette. Three, the silhouette didn’t speak, it just looked at the patients expecting an answer and they instinctively answered. Four, all patients forgot what questions they had answered. I believe such dreams to be the result of outside intervention, more specifically a dream ritual. I also believe that the people performing said ritual used hairs as the sympathetic medium.

 

EW: Sympathetic medium, what is that in your opinion?

 

JD: Well you know that all mortal curses require a medium directly related to the target, right?

 

EW: As is protocol, I can not confirm or deny I know that. Do you believe the intrusion to be a curse?

 

JD: Yes, is it not obvious? Performing magic without the participation of the recipient, especially when associated with negative feelings, is what is defined as a curse. 

 

EW: Why do you believe said ritual was performed by a witch cult.

 

JD: *Jem Dy gestures at his head.* I just do.

 

EW: And why do you know it is a witch cult?

 

JD: Experience and instinct. I know of three rituals that can meddle in a person’s dream without the willingness of the recipient. All of them require a group of five or more people requesting help from an outside entity. Therefore it is easy to guess that this was performed by a group of people who have a distinct goal. My experience points to a witch cult, because what else has the reason and means to do said ritual. Paring this with the rumors of a witch cult, I have my guess.

 

EW: Have you heard of Hem the vile sorcerer?

 

JD: No I can’t say I have.

 

EW: Have you heard of the unraveling?

 

JD: I believe so, it is a legend that the river cursed its people to dissolve and unravel 500 years ago. Said unraveling was stopped when the exorcists purified the river.

 

EW: Do you know of any other supernatural events that are happening?

 

JD: *Jem Dy looked at the ceiling for a couple of seconds before visibly shuddering.* Maybe, in the past couple of months the idea of going to the local graveyard has been becoming more and more ominous to me.

 

EW: In what way?

 

JD: I do not know, the idea of going fills me with dread, like in going I would be making a grave error.

 

EW: Why?

 

JD: I don’t know, and I have never felt this way before, so the idea of it being a new phobia feels doubtful. Instead I think it is a personal omen.

 

EW: Have you had any strange cases or patients recently?

 

JD: No, not out of the usual at least.

 

EW: Do you want to mention anything else before leaving?

 

JD: [redacted]



2