Interview #2: Interview log between Exorcist Wern and Gen Mahler
7 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Interview log between Exorcist Wern and Gen Mahler as recorded by Apprentice Havd

 

The room the interview will take place in is about 6x7 meters. It was bisected width-wise by a long heavy table that extended from the east to the west wall, a foot above the table was a thick glass divider. It has two doors on the east wall. Both the south and north side had two wooden chairs. There was a clock on the south wall. Exorcist Wern was the first into the room, and in the north half of it, having interviewed Davin Tundwa 5 minutes earlier. Gen Mahler was escorted into the south half of the room by two police officers at 12:30.

 

In this interview, Exorcist Wern will be addressed as EW and Gen Mahler as GM, other participants will be noted by name, title, or job. If a participant makes a significant gesture or movement it will be recorded in between these symbols **.



Exorcist Wern: Gen Mahler is it?

 

Gen Mahler: Yes who are you, and can you tell me why I am here?

 

EW: I am Exorcist Wern. Why do you think you are here?

 

*Gen Mahler tapped his fingers on the table for a few seconds.*

 

GM: The only thing I can think of is to do with that stolen painting. Do you think I am a suspect?

 

EW: I can not say if I do or do not know if you are a suspect, but do you remember sending a letter last week?

 

GM: Are you an exorcist then?

 

EW: I can not say.

 

GM: Why? And why are we here?

 

EW: It is protocol, and you are here because of that letter. Anyways let us get to the point. You mentioned a John Ben, who was he?

 

GM: I don’t really know. I met him at the Wooden Shoe bar. We talked for a bit and became aquintencess. The reason I mentioned him was because he told a lie during a local ceremony? Tradition? Ritual? I don’t really know which, and then died in the same week.

 

EW: What is the tradition? How does it work?

 

GM: My memory is a bit faint since I have avoided bars since John Ben’s death, but, from what I remember, someone starts the ceremony, I forget how, and the doors are then locked and blinds lowered. After that someone is chosen, that person is to go to the front stage and is told to tell a story related to a topic. According to rumor and legend, if you lie you will soon die.

 

EW: What happened after John Ben died then? You mentioned seeing an omen of some sort, right?

 

GM: I was invited to his funeral. I was the last to leave the cemetery, mostly because I had spaced out. Then I saw it, from an armless bust grew numerous thin black root like branches that enveloped the sky. In the next second however it was gone. I believe I saw the Thread Tree.

 

EW: Why?

 

GM: What happened mimicked the legends I had read of the omen. Not to mention it was said that Hem the Vile Sorcerer was the last person to be known to summon the omen.

 

EW: Why is that sorcerer important?

 

GM: I realized that the bust the omen came from was a part of the monument to Hem the Vile Sorcerer’s victims.

 

EW: And who were the victims?

 

GM: Those infected by the unraveling.

 

EW: The unraveling, what is that?

 

GM: It was the disease that Hem had created i-

 

EW: Did the disease have to do with boils that created a sticky powder?

 

GM: No… it caused the flesh and muscles of its victims to deglove in ribbon like strips, about the thickness of a finger. But now that you mentioned it, the glue that was used to treat it leaves a powdery residue.

 

EW: What glue?

 

GM: All I remember is that the glue was made from the roots of a traih plant, and was powdery before meeting with the blood of the patients, if the stories are to be believed.

 

EW: Were there any other symptoms? Like chronic fevers?

 

GM: All I can remember was that with the unraveling of the body, so too came the unraveling of the mind. People were forgotten, personalities reduced, and memories crumpled. Truly frightening.

 

EW: You mentioned you had an painting elated to the unraveling.

 

GM: Before John Ben passed we went to an auction together. I bought a painting from there, the tag when I bought it read Unraveling by Unknown. The painting was of a silhouette of what I believe to be a victim of the unraveling.

 

EW: Why was it mentioned in the letter?

 

GM: Well this may sound crazy, but about the same time it went missing a rumor throughout town of a witch cult that recently received an artifact related to the unraveling. Instinct pulls at my soul telling me that artifact is the painting.

 

EW: Can you tell me more about the witch cult?

 

GM: From what I have heard, there is a group that reveres Hem the Vile Sorcerer and is trying to uncover the bastard’s legacy.

 

EW: Where did you hear said rumors.

 

GM: From the workers cafeteria, it is one of the few things, outside of local gossip, people talk about there.

 

EW: Does your boss ever go there?

 

GM: Yes, every lunch.

 

EW: Thank you for your time Mr. Mahler, you are free to leave.











2