Interview #1: Interview log between Exorcist Wern and Davin Tundwa
11 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Interview log between Exorcist Wern and Davin Tundwa as recorded by Apprentice Havd

 

The room the interview will take place in is about 6x7 meters. It was bisected width-wise by a long heavy table that extended from the east to the west wall, a foot above the table was a thick glass divider. It has two doors on the east wall. Both the south and north side had two wooden chairs. There was a clock on the south wall. Davin Tundwa arrived in the interview room at 12:00 am, he was escorted by two police officers into the south half of the room. Davin Tundwa tried to make conversation with me, but I ignored him as is protocol. Exorcist Wern entered at 12:03 into the north side with a sandwich and a mug of coffee.

 

In this interview, Exorcist Wern will be addressed as EW and Davin Tundwa as DT, other participants will be noted by name, title, or job. If a participant makes a significant gesture or movement it will be recorded in between these symbols **.

 

Davin Tundwa: About time Mister..?

 

Exorcist Wern: Wern.

 

DT: Well Mr. Wern, can you tell me why I have been summoned into such a room in such a manor.

 

EW: Well, this room is the best we can manage in such a short time. Back to your question though, what is your guess as to why you are here?

 

DT: I have no idea, I have not committed or witnessed any crimes. So why am I here?

 

EW: A week ago you sent a letter to the Gren Monastery. Does that ring any bells?

 

DT: So you are here to investigate my unluckiness, why didn’t you say so before?

 

EW: It is protocol.

 

DT: What do… Nevermind, what do you think is the issue?

 

EW: That is what we are here to figure out. Before that are you hungry? *Exorcist Wern gestured to the sandwich he brought in.*

 

DT: No, can we start?

 

EW: No problem, can you tell me when your ‘unluckiness’ started?

 

DT: This May my son passed after half of a year of being in and out of the hospital.

 

EW: And why do you believe his passing to be the start of your unluckiness? 

DT: Well outside of his sickness, all things were normal to say the least.

 

EW: So why didn’t this start when he caught this ‘sickness’.

 

DT: Well sickness is a normal part of growing up. When I was 17 I caught measles and was in and out of the hospital for a month or two.

 

EW: So your son had measles?

 

DT: No, he had an illness that has never before been seen by the doctors here in Lenal. 

 

EW: How so?

 

DT: Ren had boils that covered his body. Those boils gave off a strange grey powder when disturbed.

 

EW: Ren is your son?

 

DT: Yes, Ren Tundwa.

 

EW: When did he get these boils, and how long did he have them?

 

DT: He gained them in early November and they lasted for about a month.

 

EW: Did they come back then? You mentioned he was in and out of the hospital for half a year.

 

DT: No the boils never came back, the subsequent hospitalizations were due to complications he gained from that illness.

 

EW: What were those complications then?

 

DT: He gained a bad cough that lasted until he passed, and had recurring fevers. The doctors believed he had some case of pneumonia, and that is what caused his passing.

 

EW: Is that what you believe?

 

DT: I am suspicious, I am no doctor but I doubt that that was pneumonia.

 

EW: Why is that?

 

DT: Ren had no difficulty breathing, every time he was admitted to the hospital it was due to a fever.

 

EW: So what do you think caused it?

 

DT: I don’t know, maybe a curse.

 

EW: Why not poison?

 

DT: Do you know of a poison that gives its victims boils that secrete a grey powder that hardens like plaster when dampened?

 

EW: I can not answer.

 

DT: Why?!

 

EW: It is protocol not to give interviewees information they do not know. *Exorcist Wern took a sip from the mug of coffee he brought with him* Do you know anyone who might curse you?

 

DT: Well folklore has it that the Glut river between Lenal and Cvallen is cursed by evil beings to prevent travel across.

 

EW: How so?

 

DT: Legend has it that the water of the Glut river used to purify any curse of any man who crossed it. This troubled the demons, witches, and sorcerers that relied on curses to get stronger. So they came together and cursed the river. Anyone who attempts to cross will be cursed with unluckiness.

 

EW: So you have crossed the river? 

 

DT: No.

 

EW: Then why did you believe it cursed you?

 

DT: I have funded the creation of a bridge to let others cross it. 

 

EW: Have you had dreams where your son has talked to you after his passing?

 

DT: Yes.

 

EW: How often?

 

DT: Every night since he passed he has shown up in my dreams.

 

EW: And he talks to you every time?

 

DT: No, he only talks about a quarter of the time.

 

EW: What does he say?

 

DT: He blames me for his death. Ren tells me if I cared more for him he would still be alive. He tells me of all of the things he wanted to do, but can’t. He tells me that his coffin is cramped and dark, and asks me why I jailed him there.

 

EW: Does he say that in his voice?

 

DT: Yes?

 

EW: Does anyone else experience these dreams?

 

DT: Not to my knowledge.

 

EW: You mentioned in your letter something about an employee being burglarized. How is that connected?

 

DT: Well, since then twenty-four of my employees have quit, and many more are debating it. The police searched every room, all while telling them why they were doing so. If that wasn’t a random event to prevent the building of the bridge, what is it.

 

EW: So you believe this unluckiness of yours is to stop the building of the bridge?

 

DT: Yes.

 

*Exorcist Wern sipped at his coffee for a minute while Davin Tundwa shifted around in his seat.*

 

EW: Have you been feeling anemic since your son’s passing.

 

DT: Yes, my doctor said it was due to grief and stress.

 

EW: When and how often do you feel this anemia?

 

DT: When it gets dark, it feels as if something has grasped my chest and I feel faint. It is at its worst when I wake up and mostly dissipates when the sun rises.

 

EW: This has happened every day since Ren died?

 

DT: No, it was like this once a week or so until a month ago.

 

EW: And has anything changed between now and then?

 

DT: My birthday.

 

EW: How does the intensity relate to your birthday?

 

DT: That was mostly a joke, it was a day before when it worsened.

 

*Exorcist Wern took a sip of his coffee*

 

EW: Have you heard rumors of supernatural activity lately?

 

DT: Well, I have heard that Cvallen arrested a witch last week.

 

EW: Was that witch related to a cult or coven of witches?

 

DT: No.

 

EW: Well, looking at the time you are free to go.

 

DT: Did you figure anything out?

 

EW: I have suspicions, but I can not tell you.

 

DT: Why?

 

EW: Protocol.

 

*Davin Tundwa scoffed as he got up and left the room.*

2