1st sent Diary Entry
32 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    Dear diary, it is October 24th. Today someone broke into my house and stole that painting. Oh lords above, what is happening to me? Mr. Tundwa has refused to give me a date for when I can resume on the construction of the bridge between Lenal and Cvallen. When I got back from that meeting I found my dorm ransacked. I contacted the management of the building who then contacted the local sheriff. After a search of the dorm building we have yet to find the painting. I asked for the deputies to call off the search, but they insisted and are currently contacting local detectives. 

 

    This whole thing seems strange, after the sheriff’s deputies left I double checked my room and had not found anything else missing. There was money sitting in an open drawer, obviously disturbed, yet not a single coin was missing. Whoever the thief was came for one thing, yet why did they mess up the room? The painting was leaning against the wall just opposite of the doorway. Anyone who opened the door would be able to see the painting immediately after entering. Was the thief looking for something else? If so, what?

 

    I think it is time to leave Lenal, but that is impossible. I can’t afford a boat trip, and I doubt any nearby towns would want to hire a foreigner with no connections, and who suddenly left their previous job. I am trapped.

 

4