Chapter 1: The World Beyond The Light
24 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being enveloped by the light and overtaken by curiosity I tried to keep my eyes open so I didn't miss the spectacle awaiting me beyond the darkness. 

However I instantly regretted that as without warning the sudden influx of colors after being in that pitch black void for so long began to assault my eyes. Before I could even think about the discomfort I felt from that new sensation my eyes snapped shut and my arms lurched back a little. 

Next thing I knew, indiscernible sounds began to assault my ears as my initial discomfort from the light hitting my eyes set in simultaneously with my seemingly reddish blurry vision and also irritation in my ears from the noise making me feel a bit dizzy.


Ok. Calm down, in order to preserve my mental energy so it doesn't go to waste thinking too deeply and analyzing everything. Take all of it for what it is and adapt and act in the way needed to get through this.


Not sure how I knew I had the skill or even how and why I knew it wasn't very common to even have it. I had to banish the thoughts. I knew I had it and that's all that mattered right now.


Focusing back onto my surroundings I began to tune back into this new environment I found myself in. My vision was slightly blurry red stained sounds irritated my ears as they perched them causing me to wince a little. I quickly began to notice what was going on as my focus into the scene intensified or rather the blur just began to fade away allowing me to see in a surprising normal full focus that was unlike any other sensation I'd begun to feel again.

Soon enough the noises that had assaulted my ears calmed enough that I could make out the fact that they were actually voices. I once again endeavored to open my eyes only to be met with the sight of a strikingly beautiful young adult lady who couldn’t have been over the age of 20 if she was even 20… 

Her sparkling purple eyes that sparked like amethyst are what first caught my attention. I then noticed the long hair that stopped at her shoulder length that had different hues of purple in it darker and lighter. I felt a sort of unconscious connection with her like I could trust her. Ok now I know I made a few rules but those were only really for when I was in that void.

Where the hell was I and who was that woman? I mean I only had my eyes open for a few seconds and had only seen one person so far but it was far too surreal. I mean the appearance of the lady seemed to have stunned me already. Maybe it was because I was seeing another person for the first time? 

Although I feel like that had something to do with it I don't quite think that's all. How do I explain this well uhhhh. Her features… They seemed special and now that I had started to take a look around this, what was it called again, a room that I felt the same about the other 2 people in it as well.



Let's begin with what I saw rather than what I heard. Basically going in order since right after I noticed what I was seeing I began to make out what those harmful sounds that were marching their way to my ears really were. As I turned my head from purple eyed women I was met with her tired gaze.


I saw a strikingly beautiful woman and yes when I say women I mean women I mean she looked young like the other lady but you could tell she wasn't a kid or rather if she was frankly that would just be unfair to other women.


She had striking features that made her stand out to me, her blue hair along with those radiant azure eyes that at the moment seemed to be curved in a way that made you think oh crap what did I do wrong this time. Or at least that's what I'd imagine if I knew her and was her friend or something along those lines and I had just said something that pissed her off.

The man that she was glaring at had a hair that was a captivating carmel brown color which in all honestly made him stand out. Well in my eyes at least. It made him look really unique along with his other striking features like those piercing indigo eyes of his as well. Or maybe it was that he was the only guy in the room.


Now to what I heard the voices had clearly been arguing with the man seeming to only raise his voice a bit so the women could hear him but when she yelled back it was even louder. The man with a determined look and hint of fire still left in his eyes seemed he still wasn't ready to give up his chance to win this argument but at the pace and flow it was going you could easily tell this woman was obviously gonna take that sweet bacon back home… that she was going to win the argument. 

“HIS NAME WILL BE EZRITH AND THAT'S FINAL”

1