Chapter 10 – Revenge
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10 – Revenge

 

[Noct]

“I want the BC team to,”

With the confident in her eyes,

“Assassinate the leader”

….

Now I’m working in the castle lab thanks to Xyfer that he gathered people to help us create the drug for neutralize the puppet drug.

All students under Xyfer gathered in the meeting room that was used for report meeting before. All of them are 20 people including me and Xyfer. So, after we gathered on the meeting room, Xyfer guide us to move into the castle lab

Also, we asked the citizen to collect materials that can be used in this experiment, of course we select few people that is trusted for this mission. We afraid that there might be someone wants to sabotage the materials and make us create another poison. (We don’t really want that to happen).

Aside of the lab experiment, Momo try to ask several people that she knows in the church to prepare for incoming disaster. That’s what I believe when she said that she needs to do something in church. But I do not believe her since I was the one sacrificed in order to teach Mewny the change gender magic.

 “Okay, let’s get this started!!” Said Xyfer.

“”Yes sir!!”” Said the students.

I still can’t believe that they implement military teaching in this experiment.

“ALVERN!!”

“YES!!” With half heart immediately positioned swiftly for the next command. Though I knew what to do, but the habit when I was still in school still carried until now. I wonder why they put the military teaching at ordinary school in the first place.

“Go make the concotion already” Said Xyfer.

“Yes sir!!” I run into the mixing area.

….

The experiment lasted for two days and we have made a prototype. But we need to test it into human beings. We were able to neutralize the puppet drug effect on rat, but when it comes to the human beings we do not know. Also, at a time like this, we do not have any puppet drug, I mean, even though we have the puppet drug, we need to ask for any black mage to do the ritual.

But, yeah it is strictly forbidden in mage academy. Not just academy, even people who learns magic. If they found out to use one, they will be sentenced to death.

This is why Momo asked team BC to assassinate the leader who use this puppet drug in the first place.

From all the clues that I know, first the missing people incident. Second, the weapon used on the incident, I believe it was a log for fireplace but on one of the end it has a small hole that enough to put something small in there. Third, when Xyfer explains “What if the thing was implemented in the human body?” something is put into the missing bodies. In conclusion, the thing that is missing on the log was already implemented inside them.

Then, how the puppet drug consumed by the people? I mean, I might missed something and did not realize it. What if the drug puppet already inside everyone bodies?

….

So I called Xyfer, and Momo to explain what I though.

“Yes, that was I though.” Said Momo.

“How’s the check up’s going?” Ask Xyfer.

Appearntly Momo and Xyfer already check all the castle members and none of them under puppet drug.

“It might be on the citizen, like you Alvern” Said Momo.

“M-me?” Wait, don’t tell me that you want me to use myself for the experiment?

“Yes, all the castle members are safe, even us, and all my students. Only you here that’s still not checked.” Xyfer explain.

“No, no, no, please ask somebody else. I had enough of being the experiment” I don’t want to be once again. I’m glad that I’m not into a woman this time, but become another experiment? Not a chance.

“Mewny, Cinder, catch him” Said Momo.

*BRAKK* (a sound of a door being slammed)

“Wait, please not this again!!” I scream and turn back into where the sound was and I see Mewny and Cinder from afar run towards me.

In this lab room, when all the students out, is just me, Momo, and Xyfer. So, no one will help me at this moment. As when I try to run away…

“No, you will not be able to run” Said Momo, and she cast a spell into me.

My body suddenly feel tired. I know this feeling, I know this exact feeling.

“No, please… not again..” I can only beg her, I mean, it is the change gender magic again.

….

They put me on a chair with my hand tied. I see Mewny is doing something to me with somekind of spell.

“Why you turned me into a woman again Momo??” I ask her with a bit angry tone.

“Ah? My bad, it just a reflect. Please forgive this innocent master.” Said Momo while smiling.

“Ugh,” I can’t believe this girl. As I am getting checked by Mewny, I see Xyfer taking a note from him.

“From the result, your body contains the puppet drug Alvern” He said.

“H-how come? I did not drink any strange stuff.” Still can’t believe that I got one too.

“It’s more reason to make you the first person cured by this potion” Said Momo.

I can’t argue in this case. Because the alchemy law. When you want to help other people, you need to make sure it works well. So take as much as test subject to make sure this work. But, why me…

….

“How do you feel?” Xyfer asks me after I drank the potion.

“I feel… nothing?” That’s unexpectedly weird.

“Well yeah, the composition itself almost same as the puppet drug” He said.

I know that, since if we want to neutralize the puppet drug, we need to know the material as well. So we make the potion based on it.

But hey, Momo changed me back before I drank the potion.

“Well, go check him Mewny” He said.

Mewny nods, and walk near me. She try to concentrate while reaching out her hand into me, guess she is casting something. You can see it from the small light on her hand.

“He is slowly cured.” She said.

“Guess, this amount of drug is good for male” Said Xyfer.

Ah, so he wants to check how much the amount of drug needed for men and adjust it when it comes to women. Since Men and Women are different.

“The experiment is complete then,” Said Momo while untie me from behind.

“Shall we mass produce it?” I ask as I touch my sore hand.

“Let me heal you,” Said Mewny.

“Thanks” She back to her shy behavior. But not when it comes learning magic. She becomes different person.

“We will mass produce it,” Said Momo.

“And I want you to investigate this matter” She continues while took a book from the table near her.

“Isn’t that the transportation book report?” I know it in a glance, because it was the book used on the meeting.

“Yes, this book only report up to the last week, so we don’t know any activities in this week” She handed me the book.

“I see, so you want me to check it directly to the one who manage the transportation then?”

“Yes, and as I said before, you will be teamed up with Mewny and Cinder” She explains that while pointing Mewny and Cinder.

“So you guys should follow Alvern’s command for the time being” She said.

“”Yes mam!”” They said.

So, we are a temporary team for a while.

“Ah?” I have a good idea. But I need some preparation first.

“Okay guys, we will go to investigate tomorrow, so I will tell you when we will meet through Pripie”

“Sure, why not now?” Ask Mewny.

“I just want to relax for today and read the report. Maybe something is missing, or I found hints for this. Also prepare anything that can be used when things gone wrong” I’m pretty sure she will buy that.

“You are right, let’s go Cinder.” Said Mewny while taking Cinder’s arm.

Whoa, without any doubt, She’s gone with Cinder. Glad She did not ask anything.

….

In the next afternoon, I already sent the message to both of them to gather at my shop before we go to investigate.

I had prepared a lot of things last night, so let’s do this.

First step, in order to avoid any suspicion (since I want this plan to success, got to act naturally). I put a “Day off” sign on my shop’s door so no one will come here to buy anything.

Then, I sit there waiting them while drinking a beer.

“Excuse me,”

They are finally here,

“Come on in!” I shout to reply them.

*Ngiiik* (the sounds of door opened)

She is Mewny, and behind her is Cinder. They used their usual clothes for adventuring I see.

“Come, sit here, wanna drink?” I try to make them relax.

“Umm, no need. Can we go now?” Said Mewny, she seems wanted to finish this request fast.

“Relax, you need to relax. Or something might happened if you are not calm.” I make two soft drinks for them.

They watch each other, then take a sit on my counter table while I’m making the drink. Just as you know, they seems to prepare for this throughoutly. You can see it from Mewny’s weapon, her small bag, and her serious face. But, on the other hand, Cinder seems relaxed. Even though she seems like that, she has a good intuition for detecting things. Like when she saw me in disguise. Other than that, they look beautiful today. I wonder if we are going to picnic or investigate them.

….

“Here,” I serve it in front of them.

“”Thanks,”” They said.

Then I sit across them, and raised my drink while showing them, I drink.

When I take a peek on them, they are looking at each other, then drink it.

“How? It’s good right?” I ask them,

“It’s delicious, I never had this. What is it?” I can’t believe Cinder ask first.

“It’s a vanilla, and I mix it with a tea” I explain,

“I can drink this like forever” Said Mewny, I think she likes it too.

“Good to hear, now let’s brief the plan before we go” I said with serious face.

To make it brief, when I read the report that I got from Momo, today there will be a ship that transport a food into the next town. It said a food. So it will be a food container. But, when I read the food storage report, there was none. So we need to investigate this matter.

Momo explained to us, that She can’t use her authority like what she wants since she will be monitored by her other Grand Master or something like that (I dunno how many are they, and maybe not just Grand Master). But of course, Xyfer is on Momo’s side. They can’t conduct any investigation for this matter since they are not on the military side. They need to ask for permission to use the military for this matter. Not enough proof to convince them. But, they managed to give a warn about the puppet drug which is already widespread in this kingdom.

I gave Momo and Cinder the face of the leader who control the harbor. Even I manage to track his activities.

“Are we going to meet this man and talk?” Mewny asked.

“No, I want him to go away from his office.” I said.

“So you want to look at any documents that is related to this case?”

“Yes, that is why I want you..” I pointed to Cinder.

“M-me?” Ask Cinder confused.

“To talk to him, and distract him” I said.

“No, I don’t want to, even though his face is cool..” She said while peeking at the leader’s photos.

“Do not worry, I want you to meet him in Male form. So you will be casted by Mewny to be-“

“I’ll do it” She said quickly.

….

After that, in the afternoon, we found the leader sitting on one of the food stall while eating. We are walking behind him casually to avoid any suspicious.

“Okay, now it’s your job Cinder” I said to her with giving her the command.

“Okay~” She said.

You know, Cinder now becomes a Male. Well, because of her face, it’s kinda cute if you ask me.

“Let’s go to their office, you can cast invisibility right?” I said to Mewny.

“Yes, let’s go to that small alley” She said while pointing out the small alley in front of us.

….

In the small alley, Mewny cast the invisibility spell. Of course this spell can be seen with people that using vision or something like that which can enchant their sense of vision. But normal vision spell still can’t see us, because it’s only enchant the sight of their eyes so they can look far away.

After we are invisible, we sneak out from the alley slowly, because even though we are invisible, if we accidentally nudge or hit something or someone it would be awkward. I mean, if they don’t know what happened, it’s okay. But if they are very sharp, we will get caught.

As we walk on a fast pace (still walking, or more like fast walk) on the side of the street, we finally arrived at the office door. (We are going to the harbor after all). Now we are going to go separate ways. I said to Mewny, to check their ship and I go check the report.

On my command, we separate. I’m going to the office, and she goes to the harbor.

There are two floors on the office, I believe their leader’s workplace on the second floor, so I come confidently. I mean, it’s their break time, and their door is open. As I walk in their office, I found several people still working on their paper, it seems they are checking the report.

“Ugh, so many, this makes me sick” Said one of the worker.

Good luck, I said it slowly as I walk near the stairs on far behind. I step up one by one to make sure no one is coming from the other side.

Luckyly, no ones here. I mean, the stairs directly into the leader’s workplace. There are a lot of book on the shelf behind his table. The window on the left side of the table, and I see a book report that similar to what I have seen on the meeting.

As I walk into the table to reach the book, I heard someone is coming over. So I stop my hand and stand on the right side of the table. The book is on the left side of the table.

*STAIRS NOISES* (Because of someone running on it)

“Boss, another person to be shipped” Said a worker who was running on the stairs that makes me realise that someone was there.

“Oh, he is missing” He said, then he went back down.

Gotcha, finally, found you. I told myself and quickly grab the book and put it in my pocket. Since I put it in my pocket, the book becomes invisible too.

I believe, the leader will not coming back for few days. Poor the leader. Told myself while giggling.

When I face the window, I see something weird, I mean, the rope on the dock suddenly moved. I guess, it was Mewny.

I see, she is finished with her job. I told myself. So, let’s get out from here.

....

When I came down, No ones there, I mean, all the paper that was done by the worker all finished. What a fast worker, and crap…

The front’s door locked. There are no more exits besides this as I recall the map in my head. I panicked, looking around, as far as I know, these windows will send me into the small alley.

*CLICK* (Something is open)

I look to where the sound is, it was the front door. You can’t say lucky at this point. I mean, yeah you are lucky to see the door open, but behind them several people trying to come in.

Oh my, I should sneak slowly to the door.

As I avoid any contacs with the worker, I reach the door. Before the last worker come in, I see he got called, so he turned to the person who was calling.

So I managed to sneak out.

….

When I walk into the small alley that we have been there before, I’m waiting for Mewny on the side of trash bin. We decided that this place to be the meet up. It just…

How am I supposed to know if She is here?? I told myself.

As I wait for her, I look around, a lot of small boxes scattered on the edge, a trash bin on my side and…

*DUNG* (Something is hitting the trash bin)

I’am near the trash bin, so it’s really loud. But then I realize, it was Mewny.

How am I know it was Mewny? She wrote cinder on ground. That you can see the write on the ground, the writing is vague because there is little sand on the ground. You can imagine that.

Then I feel a touch in my stomach, it is the small hand Mewny has. Then suddenly the magic is cancelled, I’m no longer invinsible.

I see Mewny in front of me, she is sweating all over her body. I guess she was running away as fast as she can when she hit the rope.

Then, we are looking around if no one notice us and leave when it starts quiet.

….

We walk casually until we reach my shop. We passed the food counter where the leader was and he is no longer there. I believe the plan succeeded.

I see Mewny look at me with confused face. I mean, I know she has a lot of question to where Cinder whereabout.

“Don’t worry about her, you know her well, she will be alright” I convince her.

“Yeah, you are right, I know her for so long, but still, I’m worried.” She shows me her worried face that makes me fee guilty.

“Believe in her, she will be back in one piece” I pat her shoulder to make her feel safe.

Then we continue walk into my shop.

….

In my shop, I serve Mewny a same drink as before.

“Good Job Mewny,” I said, while drinking my beer.

“You too, it made my heart beat fast. I mean, I never done that” She said while drinking, I bet she was so nervous.

Either I, this was my first time to do that kind of inflirtation and the invisible magic was very useful to gather any information. Not only I heard it was really hard to learn but also if the opponent or other people use enchant vision magic to detect magic in the air or I accidentally touch a person who sensitive with magic,

“Let’s see, from what I read” I said while reading the report book that I got.

I read the report thoroughly and found out that there will be a lot of ship will be arrived at night. This report said that the contents are food. Is there any sort of events?

“We need to check this, the other report about our food supplies, we still be able to supply the whole kingdom for 2 years.” As I flip the report to see if there’s another note that I missed.

“Alvern, you know what I found in the container?” Said Mewny while looking at me who read the report.

“It’s the people that recently missing” She said.

“Are you sure?” I asked in disbelieve.

“I’m sure, before I came here, I read the report of missing people, and I remember some of their faces” She told me confidently.

If she said is true, then, this report about several ship coming at night in a 5 days.

“Okay, since we already know this, I’m going to report this to Momo and tell her that we will go to the harbor in five days. I bet Momo understand what I mean.” I said to Mewny.

Mewny looks so tired listening to me. I guess, I need to tell them later.

“Why don’t you go home now? I’ll wait here for Cinder” I convince her to go home.

“Hmm, yeah, I’ll go home for now. Please take a good care for Cinder when she back” She said, while standing, and walk towards the front door.

“Leave it to me” I said.

*CLICK* (The sound of the front door closed)

Well, I can’t tell Mewny that I put men’s hormone boost on Cinder’s drink before. I bet she is spending her night with the leader. With her mana capacity, I bet her change gender spell will stay for 3-5 days or can be cancelled by Mewny.

With this, I’m sure that the leader will be traumatic to go near any men.

….

The next morning, when I cleaning up my merchandise,

*CLICK* (A sound of door being opened and closed)

I saw Cinder come back.

“Hello there, how’s your night?” I said casually while cleaning up.

“Umm, great?” She said slowly, she seems very tired.

“Good job on handling the leader Cinder, you can rest on my workshop” I approach Cinder, and give her a hand to walk towards my workshop.

Well, she still in male form. Even though she is tired, I guess her mana still many. Mental fatigue I think.

….

After I put her on my sofa in the workshop, I continue cleaning up my shop.

Not long after that, Mewny comes.

“Is Cinder back?” She asked me, when she look at me in the corner of the room cleaning up.

“She is on the workshop,” I said without turning my face. Since I know her voice.

“Thanks” And she rushed into my workshop.

….

I already sent a message to Momo. So we will go to the harbor in 4 days. Momo replied that she will take care of the source where the puppet drug used. So the security on the castle will be high, and no movement on the soldier in the commoner area.

I bet she already anticipate this, because there will be someone who is a traitor among the royal.

And my next job is to get into the harbor and check the ship.

Why are not the royal troops sent to investigate this port? To bait them of course. If there are too many troops in that area, they might cancelled its arrival. The prove will be gone. So we need to check it ourself and report back.

….

4 days later, I, Cinder and Mewny already prepared a lot of things. Like our weapon, our outfit, anything else that we might needed.

I already brief Cinder and Mewny about what should we do once we get there. In summary, we will go there secretly, and wait until the ships come. Then we check the container quietly, once we confirm what is it. We will fall back and report it to Momo.

“Let’s go, we need to move from small alley” I said.

Both of them nod.

….

When we arrived at the harbor, we don’t see a lot of people. Just the worker that work on there. I guess, they would not have thought that someone would infiltrate here.

Once we confirm that no ones around us, we move into container area and stay there for a bit.

The ships still not arrived yet. In order to see it more clearly, we decided to move into the warehouse once we confirmed no ones around.

After hiding for 10 minutes,

“Look, the ships are coming” Said Cinder, she was near the window, so she noticed it first.

“Nice, let’s wait here and see what inside the container” I said to them.

….

“Okay, the ships are docked. They opened the container” I said to Mewny and Cinder.

We are currently peeking them from the window on the nearest warehouse. We confirmed that they are the people who was missing.

“Isn’t that?” I shocked, I see Kino is one of them.

Nice, what a coincidence. I can use Kino to help us. I pull out a paper and write on it.

While I write down the paper, Cinder keep reporting what happened to them.

Based on Cinder’s report, they seems to be moved on to the warehouse just across this warehouse.

“Nice, now let’s save my friend, and get back” I said to them.

“”Okay!!”” Said Mewny and Cinder.

0