Paragon
121 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Congratulations! You have summoned a Rusty Old Key.]

[Congratulations! You have summoned a Broken Quill Pen.]

[Congratulations! You have summoned a Tattered Map.]

[Congratulations! You have summoned a Useless Wooden Spoon.]

[Congratulations! You have summoned a Dusty Lantern.]



As the summoning process concluded, Aurelius found himself surrounded by an assortment of seemingly useless items. There was a rusted key, a tattered map missing half its contents, a broken quill pen, a wooden spoon, and a dusty lantern. Disappointment flickered in Aurelius's eyes. "Useless junk," he muttered under his breath.

 

Just as frustration began to settle in, the final summoning result was revealed.

 

Aurelius held his breath, waiting for the final summon to be revealed. To his surprise, a figure materialized before him, a man with a hardened expression and an air of strength.

 

[Congratulations! You have summoned Toji Fushiguro from Jujutsu Kaisen.]

 

His eyes widened in surprise. Toji Fushiguro, a formidable sorcerer from the world of Jujutsu Kaisen, was a valuable addition to their team. His arrival brought a glimmer of hope amidst the disappointment of the previous summons.

Toji Fushiguro was depicted as a tall and muscular man with a rugged appearance. He has mid-length, messy, dark hair and sharp, intense eyes. He wore a black tight-fitting short-sleeve shirt, sports tan baggy training pants with a black belt weaved through the waist, and black martial arts slippers. 

Around his body was a purple centipede-like creature wrapped on him. 

His personal cursed spirit, the Inventory Curse. A cursed spirit that could store objects in its body through its mouth. Inside it was where Toji stored all his arsenal, and it could even shrink down enough for him to swallow it and hide its energy. 

Aurelius wasn’t surprised that Toji could bring another creature with him. After all, it counted as his own belonging. Just like how Ulquiorra was able to bring his Zanpakutō “Murciélago” with him.

He stood still for a while, seemingly distracted by something unseen. A few seconds later, Toji came back to his senses and looked at Aurelius and Ulquiorra standing in front of him.

 

“Welcome, Toji Fushiguro. You should be aware of everything now, right?”

He was aware of why Toji was in a trance for a while. 

It was because the system was transmitting information to him, just like what had happened to Ulquiorra when he was first summoned.

“Interesting… I wonder how the system transmits information to the summoned subjects.”

“Perhaps it's like brainwashing or maybe memory transplanting to achieve undying loyalty?”

“Whatever, it doesn’t have anything to do with me. All I need them to be is loyal.”

Aurelius didn’t think much of it anymore. Although he didn’t know why the system chose him, he wasn’t interested in investigating any further. He didn’t care if he was a pawn in someone else’s hand. 

Anyways, if someone really was behind the scenes about the system, if all they needed was a pawn, they could definitely just make someone else loyal to them have the system and pave the path for them instead. There was no need to use a guy like him.

He believed the system was his alone and that there was no one controlling behind the scenes Maybe it was a baseless assumption, but he couldn’t care any less.

Toji who was standing still, suddenly kneeled down in front of him.

“Lord Aurelius. I am at your command.”

Aurelius was a bit amused. Toji Fushiguro was a prideful and powerful man, going toe-to-toe with Gojo Satoru, the brightest star and strongest Jujutsu Sorcerer of his time. Even in the face of death, he did not yield or beg for his life, only telling Gojo about his son Megumi.

And now, this man kneeled before him.

“Stand up, Toji.”

Toji did as he was told and stood up, facing both Aurelius and the silent Ulquiorra at the side.

“Toji, this is Ulquiorra Cifer. Ulquiorra, this is Toji Fushiguro. From now on, you are both teammates. Small fights are allowed, but no major conflict should arise between you, or any future members. Do I make myself clear?”

Ulquiorra and Toji both nodded and spoke, “Understood, my lord.” Aurelius hummed understandingly.

Although they were loyal to him, it did not mean that they recognized each other as teammates, and conflicts could always start between them. Therefore, Aurelius decided to set a bottom line for them while it was still early.

“How is your strength, Toji? Are you still at your peak?”

Aurelius crossed his arms and asked.

Toji stood up, raised his fist, and punched towards the surroundings beside him.

*Whoosh!!*

This attack of his instantly caused a shockwave to ripple through the air, shattering everything in its path. Debris and dust were sent flying, and the ground beneath them cracked and crumbled. The sheer force of the attack left a lingering tremor, and it was evident that Toji's physical strength was still far beyond what most could comprehend.

The shockwave's effects extended for several meters, leaving a chaotic aftermath in its wake. Trees were uprooted, and even the toughest materials in the vicinity couldn't withstand the onslaught.

“I am still at my peak, Lord Aurelius,” remarked Toji.

“Hmm…” 

Aurelius didn’t speak and only turned his eyes towards Ulquiorra.

The power Ulquiorra could currently use was definitely not his peak. According to him, he could only access his basic abilities but isn’t able to fully utilize his Zanpakutō’s Resurrección anymore, seemingly rejected by the world. But this wasn’t the case, there was no such thing as a Heavenly Dao in this place.

“So what could be the difference between them?” he wondered.

And then it finally clicked.

The Heavenly Restriction!

Toji was born with the Heavenly Restriction, bindings placed on a sorcerer's body when they are born. These bindings usually refer to limitations on the human body that the person receives improved capabilities in a different capacity in exchange.

In this case, Toji was born without curse energy, but blessed with immense physical prowess.

And this is where Toji and Ulquiorra differed. 

Toji’s strength came from his physical capabilities and Ulquiorra's strength relied more on spiritual energy, also known as reiatsu.

Perhaps the change of energy was the cause of this, Ulquiorra’s strength didn’t regress, but it was only limited due to change.

“Ulquiorra, start familiarizing yourself with the energy of this world. The cause of your regression was just the change of energy. You just need to switch your usage and you will be back at your peak in no time.” Aurelius commented. He then suddenly remembered something crucial and turned back to Toji.

“Toji, can you try observing the energy in the air, and try manipulating it for yourself?”

“I want to see if my guess is correct.”

“Of course, my lord.” Toji did as asked and concentrated on his surroundings.

Toji closed his eyes, focusing his senses on the subtle energies that permeated the air around him. At first, it was a daunting task, as he had always relied on his raw physical power rather than manipulating unseen forces. However, he trusted Aurelius' judgment and continued his concentration.

With each passing moment, Toji felt a faint pulse, a rhythm that resonated with the very essence of the world he was in. It was different from the curse energy he was accustomed to; this energy felt more primal, more natural. It was as if he could tap into the heartbeat of the world itself.

Aurelius observed Toji closely, his eyes keen with anticipation. Toji's brows furrowed in deep concentration, and then, in a moment of sheer willpower, he extended his hand tentatively, fingers outstretched. To his surprise and amazement, a soft glow enveloped his palm, a manifestation of the energy he was now controlling.

A look of enlightenment crossed Aurelius’ face as he confirmed his guess: Toji was now free from the cons of the Heavenly Restriction. Just like the system had stated, it would remove the obvious weaknesses of anything he summoned. 

And what was the obvious weakness of Toji?

The inability to use cursed energy!

And now, this weakness was no more. Toji retained his physical prowess and has now gained the ability to use energy. He would surely surpass himself in no time.

Aurelius, witnessing Toji's success, nodded approvingly. "Well done, Toji. You've proven my theory correctly. Now, with both your physical prowess and this energy manipulation, there's no limit to what you can achieve."

“Thank you for help, my lord,” said Toji.

“No problem. And now that we’re done with the introductions, we are now a group of three, and it’s finally time to formally make proper arrangements for future identification.” 

“From now on, our group will be called… Paragon.”

 

[Achievement: Form a formal group (Completed)]

[Description: Form a group consisting of at least 3 members, including self.]

[Reward: 5 Summoning Points.]

 

A small grin slowly crept onto Aurelius’ face. His bright azure eyes flickered with excitement.

 

“This will be fun.”

9