Chapter 82- Naoko’s situation
1.2k 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My relationship with Naoko's mother has always been good. I have visited his house on several occasions and even spent some nights here as well. And all those times, Naoko's mother, Miyuri has always been kind and very gentle to me.

She is the type of woman who can help a stranger even though she herself is going through a crisis. Even after I stopped coming over after I had that fight with Naoko, whenever Miyuri-san saw me in the market she talked to me politely.

Such a warm and kind person...was tainted by this asshole who also was her husband.

Naoko's family situation was complicated, that much I knew. However, I never realized that the roots of this problem arose from this single man, who was now glaring at me with tears in his eyes.

"Y-You punk!!" Raising the bottle of what seemed like alcohol, he charged at me.

"No!" Miyuri, despite being half-unconscious, shouted at the top of her lungs and tried to stop the man from advancing toward me. However, she failed to move her frail body and the man neared me in no time.

I perceived his movements easily without even using my strengthening technique before tilting my body and evading that attack. Following the evasion, I strengthened my left arm, and after holding my left fist with my right hand, I delivered a solid elbow spear on the man's back.

"Ghhh!! You asshole! Stop right there and take this!" A foolish and egoistic drunkard was frustrated to be bashed by a young boy. 

Nice. I like the frustration he had. I craved more, as such, I dodged his next assault and with my palm outstretched, I delivered a hot and burning slap on his face, nice and tight.

*SLAP*

"Ahhhh!!" The man staggered on his feet by the sensation. His left cheek has turned flaming red...but not like I was done here.

Stepping forward, I raised my hand and inflicted another slap—faster than he could dodge.

*Slap*

"Ahhh....why you!"

I see. Another one.

*Slap*

"Stop! Just-"

*Slap*

"Please don't..no-"

*Slap*

"Uuu....please...don-"

*Slap* *Slap* *Slap*

*Thud*

After receiving my last slap, the man fell to the ground, with his face swollen blue and black.

There was some blood dripping down his nose and from the mouth but by the pattern of his breathing, I knew he wouldn't die. This session I just performed was to traumatize the man enough that the next time he raises his hand to beat someone, he remembers this day.

And also because, I was a little pissed. 

"Can you stand up?" I knelt beside Miyuri and was surprised to find that she didn't flinch.

She was conscious when I was thrashing her husband, yet not a single squeak of resistance left her lips. Well, I appreciate that. Some women are out there, who despite getting regularly abused by their spouses, defend them when the time comes.

Miyuri was not that kind of woman. 

"Ah...my ankle..."

I narrowed my eyes and found a bruising around her left foot. 

'What a savage creature...' The desire to thrash the man even further rose in my mind but I held it in and first, hooked my hand under her knees and one behind her back.

"Ah!" Miyuri panicked before she instinctively held my shirt as I picked her up in a bridal carry.

"A-Aren't I heavy?" A slight crimson of embarrassment spread on her cheek as she stuttered.

I grinned at the shy woman before responding, "Light as a feather."

My feet easily marched toward the living area. I wasn't using any skill to strengthen my body. My physical attributes have naturally increased enough to lift the woman quite easily.

Placing her on the couch I contemplated whether I should use one of my potions on her. There was a risk of her telling others of some miraculous recovery she received...well, screw it.

"Miyuri-san, can you open your mouth for a moment? Don't worry, I won't feed you anything weird." Using my charm as a persuading token, I smiled warmly at the woman before she nodded and immediately parted her lips.

Pretending to find something in my pocket, I exchanged some EXP for a low-rank healing and recovery potion.

Taking out the vial which contained the greenish liquid, I took off the lid before pouring the content into her mouth.

She obediently drank the potion with her eyes tightly shut. 

Her complexion visibly got better and the bruises on her face and body were also receding. 

"Mmm...feels...warm..." Pressing her palm against her lower abdomen, she moaned in a drunken state.

Her face was flushed with those eyes turning hazy. 

Miyuri was a woman in her early forties with shoulder-length black hair and hazelnut shade eyes. Her face was small and had two long legs as an attractive feature of her body. Although she didn't have a buxom figure, she had more of a mature and refined structure. 

I was fascinated by her for a moment before reminding myself, that this wasn't the time to think about such stuff.

"Miyuri-san, can you tell me what happened? And where is Naoko?"

Although I hated Naoko, I knew he wasn't the kind of timid person who would allow anyone to abuse his mother; including his father...which meant,

"Naoko isn't at home." I frowned at that as Miyuri sat on the couch with a downcast look as she narrated her story,

"My husband's habit of gambling had us in debt of ten million...and the person from whom we took a loan to pay off all the debt has formed a contract with Naoko. "

"With Naoko? Isn't he a minor?" I remember Naoko's birthday was in January...as such, it was still seven months before he became an adult. 

For someone who was still a minor to sign a loan contract...

"The organization we took a loan from...isn't an official firm or bank...they...they are an underworld organization..."

The horrified expression on her face explicitly told how petrified she was. The people they took loans from must be those shady people whom everyone wants to stay away from.

I contemplated what I should do.

On one side, I could just leave this place after informing the police about the drunkard. In that way, the situation with Miyuri might improve...or maybe not.

'Ah, forget it. To whom I am trying to argue with?' 

Turning toward Miyuri I asked, "Can you give me the address where Naoko went?"

Miyuri looked surprised as she asked instinctively, "Why are you trying to help him, Minoru...didn't you fight with Nao?"

Hearing her question, I also wondered, 'Why am I trying to help that asshole, who turned my school life into hell?'

But then again, if there was no Naoko at the school, who would I scorn?

"Don't worry about that. And trust me, Miyuri, I will save your son from this mess."

*****

A/N:- Hehe~Some surprise awaits. I hope you guys liked the first volume of the book. The next chapter will conclude this volume.

22