Chapter 4
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Forest in Kawa no Kuni)

The five unit team continued to tree hop through the forest. Naruto watched his sensei's back, wondering why he hasn't talked to him about the incident yet. 'He probably isn't talking to me, because it's war, and being heartless to your enemies is a must.' he thought as the team dropped to the ground.

"Okay team, there's a village up ahead. Put away your forehead protectors, just in case there's another Suna team in this village." he said causing the kids to take the forehead protectors off of their heads.

"What are you going to do sensei? Your known throughout the Elemental Nations." Orochimaru said beside him.

Hiruzen looked down at Orochimaru, "Don't worry about me, just enjoy yourselves." he said disappearing in a leafy whirlwind.

"Enjoy ourselves. What does he mean by that?" Jiraiya said as everybody shrugged.

Naruto walked ahead "I think I know what he means." he said before he ran with the others following them.

The four children arrived at the village to see it packed with nothing but people and festival stands. They all looked at the event in amazement. "What do you think they're celebrating for?" Tsunade asked out loud.

"Who cares." Naruto said with a smile on his face as he looked at all three of his teammates. "Lets have fun." he said running to any fun stand.

XxX With Hiruzen XxX

Hiruzen was crouching on a rooftop, overlooking his team. He smiled when they forgot about fighting and this war to have some fun. After watching them run off, he stood to his full height and vanished again.

This time he reappeared in an alley. He walked out of the alley and around the festival, on the lookout for his spy. 'He said he would be 'where one wins in threes.' where could that be?' he thought looking around.

After twenty minutes of just walking around, he noticed a casino. 'Of course, a casino. He's near the slot machines.' he thought walking in the casino.

After browsing for a minute or two, he noticed a man sitting at a slot machine looking nervous. He had black hair, a goatee, and a coin in his hand. He walked by and whispered, "Follow me."

After Sarutobi walked by and was gone for a couple of seconds the man got up and did just that.

After twenty minutes of being tailed while walking in the village, the 'Professor' exited the village and waited for his tailing spy.

Minutes passed by and the man walked into the darkened clearing. He had his left hand in his pocket and his right was flipping the same coin he had at the casino. "Nice of you to show up, 'Lucky.'" Sarutboi said seeing the man.

The man was called Lucky because he had this single coin that would always win at slots. But it wasn't just the coin, he was just a lucky guy.

The man chuckled, "It was kind of difficult to trail you, you know. I guess I'm just lucky enough, not to be followed, while following you." he said chuckling one more time.

Sarutobi dryly looked at the man as he sort of joked about his lucky skills. "Can we get to business?" he asked pushing himself off the tree.

Lucky instantly grew serious and stopped flipping his coin, "Sure we can." he said as he began to reveal Suna's invasion plans and other secrets.

XxX With Naruto Ten Minutes Later XxX

Currently playing a game of darts, was our time traveling blonde. He had his last dart in his hand. He looked at the wall in front of him to see three more balloons left for him to pop. It didn't matter as he only needed to pop one to get his prize, a little water dragon plushy toy.

"You got one last dart to go, little boy. Are you ready?" the owner of the stand said smiling at Naruto.

Naruto grinned and nodded his head, and looked at the board again. He took a deep breath and threw his dart, and like the other two, it was a perfect throw that popped the balloon. The bystanders that was watching clapped as Naruto happily jumped up and down.

He was handed his plushy toy and he immediately and happily skipped away, clutching his toy to his chest. "If any of your teammates see you like this, they wouldn't even recognize you." Kushina commented on her son's behavior.

Naruto just shrugged his shoulders, 'I don't care, I'm too happy righ-" he was interrupted from thinking as he bumped into somebody. He and his new plushy toy dropped to the ground.

"Well, would you look at the runt and his little toy." some twelve year old bully said, picking up said toy. His other two, twelve year old friends, laughed at the frown on Naruto's face.

"Hey give that back." Naruto said getting up.

"Why don't you make me." he said pushing Naruto.

The silvery blonde stumbled back a little before he charged at the kid. He was stopped when the other bullies grabbed his arms. "Nu uh, where do you think your going?" one of the bullies said.

Naruto stared as the lead bully walked away laughing at his prize, "This will make a great gift for my little sister." he said laughing some more.

"Uh, Naruto, don't your remember that your not a regular kid. You can fight them you know." Kushina said.

Realization dawned on Naruto's face. 'Oh yeah.' he thought as he easily ripped his arms free and in seconds dropped the two bullies with simple and fast strikes.

The lead bully turned around to call his friends when he noticed they were on the floor, with the little brat not in sight. "Hey, how'd you guys get on the floor?" he asked jogging to his friends.

One of the dropped bullies groaned, "That kid… he's a monster." he said between groans of pain.

"What, a monster? He's just a little brat." he said.

"You should not have taken what was mine." The bully heard a voice from behind him. But when he looked behind him, he didn't see anybody, which was strange with the festival going on. "Now I have to punish you." This time Naruto was standing right in front of the bully, causing said bully to scream in fear.

XxX Ten Seconds Later XxX

Naruto was, yet again, clutching onto his plush toy as he skipped along the dirt path. If you looked behind him, you could see the pile of beaten up bodies of the three bullies.

The six year old smiled when he looked at the full moon above. "Tonight is such a beautiful night," he muttered.

"I knew you weren't a regular gaki." a voice said behind Naruto.

Naruto's eyes widened. 'I didn't even sense him.' he thought to himself as he slowly turned his head to see a medium sized male. And judging from his flak jacket and the headband, he was a Suna Jounin. "What's a Jounin from Suna doing in Kawa no Kuni?" he shakily asked feeling the amount of KI the man was directing toward him. His instincts told him to run, and not to stop, until he found sensei.

Naruto remembered the guy from the history books, he was the famed "Kaze no Kami" his real name was never known. Even though he only looked to barely be around the age of eighteen, the blonde was positive about the identity of this man. Naruto knew was that this man was defeated by the Orochimaru after he and his team received their titles. He also knew that he was famous for his ruthlessness in wind techniques and being the first one to properly use shape manipulation to form a dragon's body.

Naruto, also knew the man already had his skills, by the small emblem of a wind dragon on the right side of his flak jacket.

"I don't have to answer you." he simply said taking a step.

As soon as he took a step Naruto's instincts got tired of being ignored and took control of his body. The blonde then bolted into the nearby forest, his Rinnegan on full blast as he looked for his sensei's chakra signature.

Kaze, smirked as he watched the kid run. 'Lets begin this little chase.' he thought also running into the forest.

Naruto continued pumping his little legs. 'This is crazy, where the hell is sensei at?' he screamed in his head.

The man appeared in front of Naruto, forcing the blonde to drop to the ground below. "Its been fun, these last five minutes of chasing you, but I've grown bored. Your going to fight me now and I'm not giving you that choice." he said blurring out of sight.

Naruto thought fast and since he had no idea where the man was going to strike from, he did a technique he learned from one of his father's scrolls. "Futon: Tatsumaki no Shoheki!" (Tornado Barrier) he said rapidly spinning, creating a tornado that repelled the man when he struck.

The man bounced back a few meters. You would have expected a frown to wrinkle his face, but a large grin was in place. "Excellent, a wind element, like me. And you did a rather unique technique, I bet it was derived from your village's Hyuuga clan, no?" he said standing to his feet.

At that point Naruto stopped spinning and looked at the man. "Just like you told me, 'I don't have to answer you.'" he said activating his Rinnegan. "Lets just get this over with, if I'm lucky, I'll defeat you in time to get another toy." he said glaring at the man.

Kaze, just grinned at the little threat. He was rather surprised to see that the kid's eyes changed in design. He scoffed in his mind, 'Leaf bastards always getting the good stuff.'

Naruto quickly bent back, when the Suna Jounin nearly took off his head with another strike. Doing a quick handstand back flip, he went through a series of hand seals, 'Lets see if this works, Futon: Kazeryuu.' (Wind Dragon) he thought breathing out a wind dragon.

Kaze stood shocked at witnessing a technique he created not two months ago. He didn't even have time to question the amazement of the technique before he was hit with it.

Naruto stared in surprise when his plan actually worked. 'That actually worked, I cant believe it.' he thought.

"KEEP ATTACKING, DON'T STOP YOUR ASSAULT!" the blonde heard his mother yell.

He quickly ran forward, spotting his opponent with his back against a tree. "Futon: Kami Oroshi." (Diving Wind from the Mountains) he called out as a swirling vortex collided with Kaze's body, breaking the tree behind it. Naruto jumped into the tree tops and did another set of hand seals, "Raiton: Gian." (False Darkness) he did a lightning technique instead, seeing as he traveled faster than wind.

Although the technique traveled fast, Kaze regained his bearings fast enough to escape imminent doom. Naruto looked to his side to see Kaze on the same branch, "Your going to tell me, how you've completed that technique. A TECHNIQUE I JUST CREATED!" he yelled moving fast enough to kick Naruto in the side and making him fly through the forest. The Jounin didn't even wait, until Naruto was a few feet away before he did a sequence of hand seals. "FUTON: KAZERYUU!" he yelled blowing the dragon straight at the airborne blonde.

Currently the blonde's eyes were clenched shut in pain as he flew through the air. He opened them in time to see the dragon a couple feet away from him. He looked behind to see a tree.

At that time slowed down, and he moved in slow motion. His eyes focused on the dragon in front and the tree behind at each look. And in a feat of aerobatic, Naruto righted himself in the air and thrust his hands outward.

Time returned to normal and the wind dragon in front of Naruto and the approaching tree was destroyed by a invisible force. Naruto was left suspended in air as this was happening, also by the look in his eyes, he was unaware about what he was doing.

Kaze looked dumbfounded as he witnessed Naruto drop to the forest floor. "What… the hell was that?" he mumbled still looking at the blonde.

Naruto groaned as he rubbed his head, "What the hell was that?" he mumbled looking around him, seeing everything pushed outwards. "What the hell happened to the forest?" he asked, still not understanding what happened.

"You did Shinra Tensei. (Almighty Push) You recognize a technique that was used against you, but when you do it, you don't know what the hell happened." Kushina mused in her son's head.

The dual colored Genin looked into the treetops, straight at Kaze, "If I can do that, then I can definitely defeat this bozo." he mused to himself as he stopped his movement for a couple of seconds.

Kaze continued to looked at the blonde, still wondering what the hell just happened with the area and how the hell he did that. He continued to think on this when he noticed the blonde stop moving… completely. He rose an eyebrow, 'Time to end this.' he thought knowing it wasn't a good idea for the blonde to continue whatever it was he was doing.

He jumped off the branch, after going through a series of hand seals. "Futon: Kaze no Hebi." (Wind Snake) he blew out his second shape manipulation creation. The snake coursed through the forest, dodging the broken trees and branches. After clearing a way straight to Naruto, the snake opened it's maw and crashed into Naruto.

Kaze landed on the forest floor the same time the snake collided into the Genin. He smirked when he noticed the blonde not put up any kind of defense. "That was easier than I thought it would be." he said crossing his arms and looking at the destruction his snake caused. He was out rightly shocked when after the dirt cloud cleared, Naruto was standing holding his arm out, without any visual damage to his body.

Naruto kept his eyes closed as he took a deep breath. Although his eyes were closed you could notice that there was a reddish orange pigmentation around his eyelids. Naruto exhaled his deep breath and opened his eyes showing a weird, and some what, morphed visage of the Rinnegan. With the exception of the pigmentation around the eyes and the horizontal slit of the pupil, nothing else gave away that Naruto had entered Sage mode.

"I think its about time I bust this out of storage." Naruto said leering at Kaze. "Since I'm sure this is the last round, I would like to know your name?" Naruto asked too busy looking around the forest, not believing the feeling his new set of eyes.

Kaze nodded as he began to walk towards Naruto. "I guess its only fair to know the man that's going to end your short life. My name is Arashi… and yours?" he asked.

Naruto's eyes focused on the man, shocking him with the new additions. "My name…" Naruto said softly chuckling since, during this time his full name didn't really have any effect. "My name is Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto." he said looking at Arashi's face to see if his name had any apparent effect.

It didn't as Arashi uncrossed his arms. "Well then I guess its time to get this round over with." right when Naruto dashed at him. He tilted his head in time to avoid a punch, but was surprised when he was flying backwards. 'What the F-' he thought crashing into a tree.

The sage extended his arm towards the rubble. A Rasengan began forming in his left hand, he held that arm with his right to keep it balanced. The ball of spiraling chakra began shrinking to the size of a marble. "Rasendangan." (Spiral Bullet) he said as his right hand continued to keep the left stabilized and dead center, so to speak.

With that in the process he began charging chakra behind the bullet, in preparation to push the bullet. Seconds later he completed the charge and it pushed the spiraling bullet toward the little pile of destroyed forestry, with such speed, a blink of the eye was all it took to travel from Naruto's palm to said pile.

You would think that he only made the Rasengan smaller to better hit Arashi through all of the broken tree. But that wasn't a problem at all. Because Naruto, who still retained a semblance of control over the little orb, snapped his fingers and released all of the condensed chakra the little bullet had, just as he released the bullet. And everything after that was a flash of white.

XxX Back at the Village XxX

Hiruzen finished his meeting with his informant. He looked at Jiraiya with a stern gaze. "Next time you want to spy on someone, make sure you cant be detected." he said.

Jiraiya had the decency to look sheepish. "Sorry sensei, I only wanted to see how a meeting like that worked." he said before being hit by Tsunade.

"You idiot, that spy guy could have killed you, if Hiruzen wasn't there to stop him from acting." she said scolding him like he was a kid… oh wait, he is a kid.

Orochimaru shook his head, "Next time I say stop trying to look for sensei, I suggest you stop trying to look for sensei."

Hiruzen looked at the trio, "How did you find me in the first place?" he asked curious.

Jiraiya shrugged, not having any idea how he found his sensei. "I guess I got lucky." he said.

Hiruzen just sighed loudly and shook his head. 'What am I going to do with you four?' he asked himself. 'Wait, four?' he asked again, mentally counting heads. "Where's Naruto?" he asked out loud.

A loud explosion was both heard and the top of it was seen a couple of miles just south of their position. "I'm guessing he's over there." Orochimaru said, pointing with his thumb.

Hiruzen began realizing that ever since his meeting and adopting of Naruto, he's been sighing and shaking his head more than he can count. He was also beginning to wonder if having Naruto on the squad was such a good idea. He was a danger magnet and you did not want a danger magnet during a war. "Okay let's go." he said running towards the explosion he knew had to do something with his little adoptive brother.

XxX Destroyed Location XxX

Naruto let out a whistle, while on the edge of the crater. Said crater was a quarter mile in diameter and ten feet deep. It would be about the same kind of destruction that his Rasen-Shuriken would cause if it dug into the ground.

He looked at his left hand in amazement. The results of the new variation of the Rasengan proved to be quite surprising. The initial result was not supposed to be this destructive, well not on this level. Between the power of both Sage Mode and the Rinnegan, which the latter would be the one that he worked the Rasendangan with, he would have to say that it was too much power at his disposal… and he was the container for the most powerful Biju in the nations.

This got him thinking, as he lightly scratched his right temple with his index finger. Maybe absorbing the Kyuubi's chakra made his own chakra more potent, and thus his sage mode.

Naruto was knocked out of his thoughts, when he heard coughing nearby. He turned and walked towards the sound, "You lived?" Naruto asked seeing Arashi's body, missing both of his legs. It looks like they were blown off at the knee caps, with blood still pooling around the limbs. 'In all my years as a ninja, I'm going to have to agree that this is about the second nastiest thing I've ever seen. The first involves sand and crushing and I really don't want to remind myself.' he thought rapidly shaking his head.

"I guess this is the end, huh?" Naruto was shaken from his thoughts by Arashi talking to him. "As I talk… I can feel the… life draining from… my…" the man said between coughs of blood. "Life…" he finally said before the life faded from his eyes.

Naruto felt his sage mode release in the middle of the man's little talk, and now that he was dead his Rinnegan left as well. There's a myth that says, 'Your not supposed to look into the dying eyes of the man you killed… or his ghost will forever haunt your soul.' What a load of bullshit.

If he could remember correctly, he and Sasuke retained eye contact in the final moments of their fight. And he didn't remember ever seeing a ghost of Sasuke anywhere. He scoffed as he dropped a kunai next to the man's head, as a tribute to the fight. "That was a great fight Arashi, the Kaze on Kami." he said walking away from the body and back towards the village.

It was at that time that his team dropped in front of him. "I told you Naruto had something to do with it." Jiraiya said pointing Naruto.

"Come on Jiraiya, everybody knew Naruto did something." Tsunade said substituting Jiraiya's hit on the head to hit Naruto in the head. "That's for going off by yourself to fight somebody."

"Has anyone ever told you, you're a danger magnet?" Orochimaru asked.

'Of course, every mission I've ever been on was never easy. And always jumped up in a rank or two. That's what happens when you're a danger magnet.' Naruto thought mentally rolling his eyes. "Who told you I was a danger magnet?" Naruto asked raising his eyebrow.

The three kids pointed at their sensei. "What? You are a danger magnet. Its like something in you is telling people to fight you. Its not my fault your like this." he said holding up his hands.

"Whatever, can we get back to the festival?"

"Its over. When you caused that explosion people panicked, closed their stands and went in their houses." Sarutobi said crossing his arms. "We'll have a talk about what happened later." he added.

Naruto's eyes widened a little, 'Oh yeah I have a talk scheduled with Mito-san after this is over.' he thought. "Oh, I guess we have to find a new town to rest at huh?" he asked folding his arms.

Sarutobi nodded, "That's right, so we better leave now. We're close enough to Suna's border, that they could be here in minutes." he said motioning for them to follow him as he jumped away.

XxX Two Days Later (Seven O'clock) XxX

Naruto and his team finally arrived at the gates of Konoha, after making two rest stops. They spent the rest of the night and most of the day, resting after Naruto's fight. Where Naruto told Hiruzen about his encounter with the Kaze no Kami, of course leaving out the sage mode part and the Rasendangan part.

Sarutobi thought that he wouldn't be able to be surprised anymore, but he was proven wrong. Decisions were made between them and Naruto reluctantly agreed feeling that it would be better to like this.

Naruto looked to his right to see Tsunade and Jiraiya and to his left was Orochimaru. He took a deep breath and vanished in a shunshin after being cleared by the gate guardians. "Sensei where's Naruto-kun going?"

"He's probably going to train some more, don't worry about him we'll see him tomorrow at the team meeting." Jiraiya said. "Now that I think about I have training of my own." he said giggling before he began walking away.

"Jiraiya wait, Naruto isn't going to be at the meeting tomorrow. Decisions were made and he accepted them. After I get back from the Hokage's office, he'll officially be off the team." Hiruzen said using a body flicker.

The Jounin appeared in front of the tall red building and walked in. In no time he appeared in front of the door to his sensei.

"Nice of you to finally arrive Hiruzen-kun. I received the news you sent me. Instead of preparing for Suna to invade us, I'll select a large group to meet them in Ame no Kuni. There we'll battle." Tobirama said getting straight to the point as Hiruzen entered the room.

Hiruzen wasn't surprised his sensei already devised a plan of action to counteract the invasion plan. "I met with my spy from Suna and he informed me about some sensitive information about the path their going to take from Suna through Ame and into Hi no Kuni." Hiruzen said sitting down.

"Did he tell you who's going to lead the invasion?" Tobirama asked.

"The Nidaime Kazekage."

"Thank you for the information. It would be better if I lead our forces to battle, I'll leave you in charge of the village while I'm gone." Tobirama said thinking of possible candidates to take with him to the battle.

"Sensei, you have to take me with you." Hiruzen said.

"Sure I'll take you with me." he said grabbing a piece of paper. "I'm getting a very ominous feeling Sarutobi. I'm appointing you as my successor for the title of Hokage." he said handing Hiruzen a piece of paper that stated his accusation. "I know it'll be difficult, juggling both the Hokage duties and teaching four Genins, but I'm positive you can do it."

"I'm honored Hokage-sensei, but it'll only be three students."

"Three. Why, what happened?"

"I had a talk with Naruto-kun and he and I decided that he would no longer be apart of the team." Hiruzen explained.

"Why would you kick him off the team?"

"He's sort of a danger magnet sensei."

"Oh I understand what you mean." Tobirama said nodding. "So Naruto-kun is the equivalent Danzo-san."

Hiruzen shrugged, "I don't think Naruto has any interest in becoming the Hokage. But they do share similarities in acts of ruthlessness." he commented.

"Really now, how was Naruto brutal in the last mission?" Tobirama asked with a raised eyebrow.

With the question asked Hiruzen went the process of explaining what happened through the entirety of the mission. "For someone so small and young, he can cause an enormous amount of destruction."

Tobirama nodded, "I agree. With his Rinnegan and his ocular abilities, he'll become a dangerous shinobi with more training." he said thinking about what to do now with the little blonde. "I know what I'm going to do with the blonde. I have a couple of choices to do with the blonde. Don't worry about him, just worry about your three little Genins." Tobirama said dismissing Hiruzen and resuming his paperwork after talking for two hours.

XxX With Naruto XxX

"Its for the better Naruto, you would have changed the timeline more if you would have stayed with them. Cheer up, you have to get ready for the meeting with Mito-sama." Kushina said happy that she'll get to see Mito again.

'I'm not sad about the whole timeline issue, its just that… they're my friends and I wont be their to help them. But I shouldn't worry about them, just think about who they become. Of course Orochimaru becomes obsessed with eyes, Tsunade turns into a badass medic that later turns into a drunken gambler, and Jiraiya… well he's Jiraiya. But they each become the legendary Sannin.' Naruto thought his frown turning into a smile.

"Alright so the way to Mito-sama's place is through this forest here." Kushina said not paying attention to anything Naruto said.

'Did you hear a word I said?' Naruto accused his mother.

"No not really, now hurry up." she said rushing Naruto.

Naruto sighed and made his way towards Mito's house, following Kushina's every direction. After a minute of walking Naruto stopped. "I think you should go silent for awhile." he said cutting off their shared link.

He took a deep breath, "Ahhh silence." he sighed out before he resumed walking. Not long after he resumed walking, he noticed a faint and barely noticeable shimmering on a nearby tree. "What could this be?" he muttered walking up to the tree.

He examined the shimmering for a couple of seconds. He covered his hand in chakra and touched the shimmer, dispelling the Genjutsu. Under the Genjutsu was a seal tag that read 'Barrier.' Naruto nodded finding the basic seal to be obvious. He tried to dispel it by tearing off the tag, but it wasn't budging. 'Hm, didn't I encounter a tag like this before?' he thought.

He realized that he had, during the search for Gaara. When the Akatsuki took him to a hideout in River Country, the country he just left. 'So there must be about four more of these things. Hopefully what happened to super bushy brow and his team, doesn't happen to me.' he thought putting his fingers in the familiar cross seal, causing four puffs of smoke to appear around him. "Alright you four, each of you look for another tag and await further orders." he commanded and they disappeared to complete the task.

The dual haired Genin leaned against the tree until his Rinnegan was forced on, {Boss, I found the main seal. I think you should wait here.} the clone said as his Rinnegan showed Naruto a large rock next to an even larger lake.

{Alright, I know where your at. Come wait over here.} he spoke to his clone through their telepathy, clone link, thingy. He pushed himself off the tree and thought about what just happened. 'Did I just have a Six Paths of Pein moment? I knew I could see through my clones eyes, but I didn't know if my clone activated his Rinnegan while I didn't have mine activated, that it'll force activation.' he thought contemplating how he could use this to his advantage and disadvantages.

He kept his Rinnegan activated as he ran to his clone's previous location. A minute later he landed in front of his destination. Through his own eyes the lake was even more beautiful. He also noticed the same shimmer that was on the tree before. Even with his eyes he couldn't penetrate this Genjutsu, which was bewildering. {Alright, are each of you ready?} he asked his clones looking at five separated tags, in five separate locations thanks to his Rinnegan. {On the count of three. One… two… three.} he said as they all ripped the tags off at the same time and dispelled themselves.

The barrier Genjutsu dispelled to reveal a house in the middle of the lake. There was a wooden walkway, leading to the door. The house itself was 'sitting' on top of a island big enough to accommodate it and a couple of flower beds. It was one story, which was appropriate as it only contained one person.

He deactivated his Doujutsu and walked along the walkway to the house of one of his most powerful ancestors. As he was walking he began to slow down. "Why do I feel like I've been through this before?" he asked himself before a tornado of water rose up from the lake, going to a total of thirty feet in the air.

It began taking form as it moved to surround the house, and as it finished forming, Naruto finally found it to be a dragon. It was a long blue Chinese dragon, with the body being thirty feet long, from what he could estimate. "Lets see which one you possess." the dragon growled out as he waited for Naruto's retaliation.

Naruto was still shocked at seeing the dragon, only faintly hearing what it said. He studied the dragon in front of him, he knew it wasn't a regular water dragon technique, as those don't talk. So the only logical choice was that it was a summon. Which clarified everything that he had to question about the beast. "Wait, which one I possess?" he asked as the dragon got tired of waiting and launched forward.

Naruto's eyes widened as the dragon came at him quickly. He jumped to the side and the dragon crashed into the walkway, destroying it. The dual haired Genin found himself on top of the water, 'Damn I am a danger magnet.' he thought crying anime tears.

Despite being on water, Naruto felt it rumble. Listening to his instincts, he jumped in the air. That was a stupid thing to do, as the dragon was still under him. "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu." (Shadow Clone Technique) Naruto said as a clone formed in front of him.

Naruto slapped the clone in the back, and used him as a platform to jump to the side. The doppelganger was engulfed by the blue reptile. Naruto landed on the lake and smirked, "Katsu." he said as the exploding tag he slapped on the clone exploded. And with the clone, the dragon followed, its head exploded into hundreds of little droplets of water.

Naruto looked at the droplets of water suspiciously. It was weird how they just floated there. He began to notice them hardening and sharpening and that's when they fell, fast. The Genin dodged the ones he could and used a kunai to deflect the ones he couldn't. Dodging and deflecting was beginning to get tiring, "Tatsumaki no Shoheki." he said spinning as a tornado circled around him.

Of course on top of water a tornado is a hurricane, as the water mixes in with the wind. The hurricane was enough to repel the shards of ice. Naruto stopped spinning when yet again he felt the water rumble. This time he jumped to the side, already in the process of hand seals. "Raiton: Gi- wait." Naruto said cutting off the technique. "Either the lightning will weaken it, or it'll strengthen it. Can I take that chance?" he asked himself still facing the dragon.

"How do I defeat this thing?" he asked himself, before he had a short flashback to the first time he encountered a guardian like this. 'That could work.' he thought clearing his throat. "Stop." he commanded.

When he said this, the dragon quickly coiled around Naruto. Not constricting his body, just surrounding. "What did you say?" the dragon asked menacingly. Naruto repeated his commands, waiting for it to be done. The dragon looked at Naruto for a while, before it growled, "Don't tell me what to do." he growled out preparing to eat Naruto whole.

Naruto clenched his eyes and thrust out his arms, "Shinra Tensei." the dragon stopped, not because it worked, but because nothing happened. The dragon looked at the Rinnegan wielding blonde, confused. 'Did it work?' Naruto asked himself, cracking open an eye to see the dragon still there. He opened his eyes fully, "What the hell, that's bullshit." he said not seeing any destruction. "I did it once before…" he continued to rant about how it was unfair.

The dragon kept his reptilian eyes on Naruto, not knowing what to do right now. He watched as the blonde continued to throw his hands everywhere during his rant. Noticing a slight shift in chakra, the dragon engulfed the boy. He opened his mouth, releasing a puff of smoke. 'He tricked me.' it thought annoyed.

"Yoo-Hoo." Naruto said waving at the dragon. "Not that I'm having fun, but why are you attacking me?" he asked crossing his arms.

The dragon scoffed and turned back into water, and returned to the lake. Naruto was left confused and a little ticked off as he deactivated his Rinnegan. "Aww Naruto-kun, your so adorable when your mad." somebody said pinching Naruto's cheek.

Naruto flinched in complete surprise. He turned to see Mito behind him with a smile on her face. 'I didn't even feel her chakra until she touched me.' Naruto thought in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"I live here." Mito said smiling wider as she pointed to her house.

At this Naruto mentally smacked himself in the head. "Wait, why the hell did that dragon attack me? And what did it mean by 'which one I possess?'" Naruto waved his arms around frantically.

"Whoa, one question at a time. Lets head to the house, while I make you some tea." she said leading Naruto in the house.

Naruto sat on a small couch in a rather large living room. He looked around, and noticed some visible seals on the wall. One looked like a self-projecting Genjutsu seal. He didn't know how he knew this, something inside of him told him this. The rest were basic protection seals for the house. He continued to look around the house, until his eyes rested on the table in front of him. It was a prototype for what looked like a gravity seal. 'Is she making the first gravity seal? It makes sense, since she is a Fuinjutsu master.' he thought to himself noticing the kind of gravity seal she was making. "Hey this is interesting, it's a gravity seal. Something's wrong with it." he said adding some seals and getting rid of some. "There that's better. A five star gravity seal, each point in the star seal goes to a wrist and an ankle, while the fifth seal goes on the head, most likely the neck somewhere. Finally the middle of the star, the pentagon, would stay on the torso. This keeps the gravity from just affecting one part of the body and keeps everything equal." little did Naruto know that he said that out loud.

Mito looked at Naruto with surprise all over her face. She had only begun to work on the seal yesterday and he just basically broke down the seal and made it better. "Lets see the design is a little funny looking…" Naruto mused as a triangle on each wrist, ankle, and on the neck with a pentagon on the chest would look weird. "Lets see if I can add some kind of cloaking seal with this." he said analytically looking at the seal in front of him. He dug into his pouch and took out a white and blank scroll. He drew his new design on the scroll. He drew it twice, what it'll look like sealed and unsealed. The sealed version would be each triangle on his wrists, ankles, neck, and the pentagon on his chest. Each triangle would contain the same number, like for example two, the pentagon on the chest would have the same number. The unsealed version would be a plain star on his chest. "Damn I couldn't think of a way to cloak the points. Oh well you could always wrap some tape around them." he said, still talking to himself.

He closed the scroll, dipped his brush in the ink, and wrote "Five Starred Gravity Seal" and under that he wrote his name. "Creator: Uzumaki Naruto" after that he leaned back and rested his head against the cushion of the couch. "Finished, I'm going to have to apply for this later. It will double, no triple the results of my Taijutsu training. The downside is I'll have to apply it in a couple of years, or I'll stunt my growth." he said, still forgetting where he was at.

Mito sat by the dining room table, sipping tea as Naruto worked on the seal for the past hour and a half. She was amazed at his skill in Fuinjutsu. To be honest she wasn't that good at his age, she was just beginning to learn how to do a simple storage seal. "So you're finally finished huh? Watching you better my own seal and customizing it to better benefit the user has been amazing." she said, taking another sip of tea.

Naruto flinched again at hearing her voice. He turned to see her sipping tea. "Of course my finished design would've distributed the gravity equally throughout the entire body. But yours is good too." she said finding her cup empty for the third time in the past hour.

"Why can't I sense you?" he said with the subject frustrating him.

"Oh that reminds me." she said getting up from the table and walking in her room.

Naruto just sat there with an annoyed face. 'She is acting way different than a couple of days ago. It's like, in public she'll act like your regular stick up the ass Hyuuga. But around me, she'll act more relaxed. And she still didn't answer my question.' he thought, hitting his head on the cushion as he heard the shower turn on.

She walked out of her room about ten minutes later. She was wearing a regular dark red robe and a pair of relaxing slippers. Her long hair was slightly wet and flowed down to the middle of her back. "Sorry to keep you waiting, so what did you want to know?" she said sitting on the couch.

For some reason Naruto sensed her before she even walked into the room. So he wasn't surprised when she sat down next to him. "I wanted to know why I wasn't able to sense you. But now I can." he said looking at her, lightly blushing. "Why can I sense you now?" he said.

"Oh that's all you wanted to know. It's just something I made about fifteen years ago." she said getting up and going back to her room.

"That doesn't answer my question." Naruto muttered watching her leave. Suddenly he couldn't sense her anymore and yet she was walking back in the living room. "See what just happened, it's like your chakra signature vanished completely."

She smirked, "It's because of these." she said reaching into her robe to pull out the same seal tags she wore as a hair piece. "These tags are my greatest work. After a certain event, suppressing my chakra became extremely difficult. So I created these. While I have them activated, these tags prevent my chakra from leaking out." she said sitting down. Then she started scratching her cheek, "Well they don't prevent the leaking, they just help suppress the chakra that did leak." she said smiling at Naruto's confused face.

"That's possible?" he said, bewildered beyond belief. He then began thinking. "I have more questions. Why did I get attacked by that dragon out there? And what did it mean by 'which one I possessed?' I think I've waited long enough for these answers."

"Okay, you were attacked because that's what he does. He attacks me every chance he gets. He attacked you because you're a stranger. I'm surprised you're not dead."

"Hey." Naruto childishly prolonged the word. "Are you questioning my skills?" he said, receiving a smack on the head.

"No interruptions." she said smiling. "As for the second question, he was speaking about the bonus conditions Uzumakis have. I have no idea why I'm explaining this but Uzumakis have two bloodlines. The rarest of them all, being the Rinnegan. I and two others have had the Rinnegan since the Rikudou Sennin. Counting you would be the fourth. The other is our long life span, with the conditions being the subject at hand." she said, making sure Naruto was paying attention. He was so she continued, "There's three conditions that vary from Uzumaki mito Uzumaki. The first being a large reserve of chakra, with this that Uzumaki would most likely be a Ninjutsu specialist. The second being an increased amount of stamina, that Uzumaki would become a Taijutsu specialist. And the third, you probably already guessed it, would be a highly developed intellect to become a Genjutsu specialist with."

'Is she saying that, because I can't do a simple Genjutsu that I'm not smart?' Naruto thought to himself.

"I learned from watching you fight, that all three conditions coexist within you. You showed that despite your age, you can do various amounts of techniques and have a large amount of stamina. Though I haven't seen you do a single Genjutsu, that high intellect is still there." she said, smiling at the Genin.

She chuckled when he seemed to faint for a short second. "Now its my turn for a question." she said. "If you're an Uzumaki, why aren't you in Uzushiogakure with the rest of the Uzumakis?" she said surprising Naruto with her question.

Naruto kept the surprise from reaching his face. "Why do you question my lineage?" he said activating his Rinnegan. "Shouldn't this be enough?" he asked deactivating it.

She would be lying if she said she was surprised. "I already knew about your Rinnegan. I questioned your lineage because Uzumakis have traits. You only follow a couple of those traits."

"Give me some traits then." Naruto said resting his head on the cushion.

"Uzumakis have red hair."

"I get my hair from my father," he said quickly.

"Your father has silver hair, with blonde streaks?" Mito asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know, I'm a natural blonde. I don't know why my hair is changing." he answered.

Mito nodded and thought of other traits. "Uzumakis have a long lifespan."

"I'm six."

"Uzumakis are honorable."

"And I'm not?" Naruto asked with a tick mark on his forehead.

"Uzumakis rarely contain their anger."

'If only you knew how hard it is to contain said anger.' he thought. "It's hard to contain my anger."

"Uzumakis your age don't have that much chakra." Mito said.

"I'm a special child."

"Uzumakis don't have whisker marks." she said crossing her arms.

"I don't… have whisker marks." he said touching one of his cheeks. "Where's your bathroom at?" he asked.

She raised an eyebrow. "First door on the right."

Naruto ran in the bathroom, turned on the light and looked in the mirror. Like she said, six whisker marks, three on each cheek. 'These fully came back.' he thought looking at his cheeks to see the same whisker marks he had all his life. He looked up at his hair to see the silver coloring. 'And my hair, its nearly all silver, a couple of days ago it was almost all blond.' he complained.

He checked his nails to see that they were slightly longer than normal. And his canines were also slightly longer. His eyes were still electric blue and his pupils were unslitted. He gave a sigh in relief when he noticed that. Walking around with slitted pupils would raise questions he didn't have the answers to.

'Does this have to do with the fox?' He suddenly thought. 'Did I really absorb all of its chakra?' he asked himself. He lifted his shirt up and molded some of his chakra. Like always the seal appeared. But the weird thing was that it was glowing red. 'Now what's happening?' he asked.

"Naruto-kun what's happening?" Naruto heard his mother yell in his mind. It was like an earthquake was happening.

'I don't know, I think the Kyuubi is returning.' he said letting his shirt fall when Mito's scent got closer. 'Its like I'm becoming a fox.' he thought while mentally crying anime tears.

"Naruto-kun is everything alright?" Mito asked

"Fiiight." something whispered in Naruto's head.

Naruto shook his head. "Yes everything's alright. Lets get back to the living room. I still have questions." he said as she nodded and turned around.

Naruto stayed for a second, before looking at the mirror and seen a flash image of the Kyuubi on top of his. "Come on Naruto-kun." he heard Mito yell from the living room.

Naruto turned the lights off and walked out of the bathroom. "Mito why didn't you seek me out a year, if these things concerned you?" Naruto asked crossing his arms.

The surprise was visible on Mito's face. She looked down and thought. "The Kyuubi."

Now it was Naruto's turn to be surprised, he was grateful she was still looking down. "What does Nine Tails have to do with this?" he asked.

"Don't act stupid. A year ago the Kyuubi began acting up, which was surprising. Since the seal I used to contain him with should have had him unable to do anything but breathe." she said her blue eyes now looking at him. "It entered my dreams around that time and it said one name 'Naruto.' It later came to my knowledge that a kid was found just a couple days before. So I kept my eye on you, watching your training, your fighting, your every actions."

'This is starting to get creepy.' Naruto thought as the creepy feelings showed on his face.

"After the first few months, I realized that you had the Rinnegan. But other than that, I thought you were a regular, but special Uzumaki child… due to the Rinnegan." she added. "I would always keep my distance when watching you. I watched you interact and train with your friends. It was only recently that I decided to make contact with you, a week ago." she said as the atmosphere around them grew more thick.

'That's around the time my hair started changing.' Naruto thought out of nowhere.

"When I grabbed your collar, the Kyuubi contacted me again. The contacts have been getting more frequent the longer I watched you. But this time he said way more than your name.

XxX Flashback XxX

Mito stood in a darkened alley, waiting for her target to appear. She felt his chakra began moving from his position at the Dango shop, and move it did… fast. She wasn't surprised he could move that fast after the amount of training he went through.

Her moment came when Naruto zoomed by her, only to be stopped by her hand grabbing his collar. Suddenly she was transported to her mindscape. "The world is too big for the both of us… there can be only one… Naruto." the Kyuubi said from all around her before she was brought back to reality, to just notice Naruto looking at her seal tags. "I see you have an interest in Fuinjutsu…"

XxX End Flashback XxX

Mito looked at Naruto. "After that I had a little friend of mine follow you on your mission." she said pointing to the spot by Naruto's head.

The blonde was confused and turned his head. He didn't see anything there, but he noticed there was a slight distortion in the area. He was surprised to see a chameleon appear. It's eyes already had sort of a ripple effect in them, but what shouldn't have been surprising was the light purple coloring. "So you had this thing follow me, using the Rinnegan's connected vision ability to keep an eye on me." Naruto stated rather than questioned.

Mito nodded, "If our fate is to fight for the power of the Kyuubi, then I'm going to have to research on my opponent. I cant have the beast fall into the wrong hands." she said leaning back into the cushion of the couch.

"When do you want to have the fight?" Naruto asked heading towards the door.

"We'll have it when your older. Can't be arrested for nearly killing a six year old." she said chuckling clearly aware of her power.

The silver haired child laughed, "Sure we'll see." he said walking out the door. 'I'm sure by the time we have our fight, my strength will grow immensely.' he thought disappearing in a whirlwind of leaves, finally heading home.

XxX Omake Back Home XxX

Naruto appeared in front of his big brother's residence. "Home." he said running in the house. "I'm soo hungry." he said running into the kitchen after his stomach growled. "Where's my ramen at?" he said looking in the cabinet.

"NOOOOOO!" he screamed when he just seen a wrapping of one of his instant cups. "Where's it at?" he said as his stomach growled again. As Hiruzen walked in the house. He ran to the man and grabbed his pants. "FEED ME!" he yelled.

"AHH! Get off me." he said pushing Naruto off of him. "And plus you can cook."

"But your better." he said.

Hiruzen chuckled, "Flattery will get you nowhere." he said as his stomach growled.

Naruto smirked, loving the sound of his rumbling stomach. "See now you have to feed me."

Hiruzen scoffed and walked into the kitchen. "Your lucky I'm hungry too." he said as he begun to cook.

A/N: I'm finished with this chapter. Though it took longer than I thought it would. I know I promised that the time skip would be in this chapter but, it'll be in the next.

I'm sure each of you are glad I updated this so quickly after the previous. I hope you liked how things went with the talk between Mito and Naruto, since the whole event was planned when I first thought up the story.

Let me tell you this… its hard to focus on this story when your brain thinks of new ones. New ones you know is going to bring focus away from this story.

Now I'm sure I don't have to remind you to review. Give me any kind of positive criticism and any ideas on how the next chapter shall unfold.

Now I'm proud to announce that this chapter's word count is over NINE THOUSAND!

GOOD BYE EVERYBODY!

0