Chapter 5
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5

Okay I'm finished with another one of my long ass vacations. Lets just get this party on the road.

I'll also like to remind you that. Some mistakes were made earlier in the chapter, pertaining to the time of the war and all that. I hope I've resolved that issue. If there are still problems, than speak to my manager… me.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. Its not really surprising, if you think about it. Because if I did, Oh… If I did own this multi-million dollar corporation, I would need protection against all that wants to take it from me. it's a good thing I don't own it, huh.

Seals of Forgotten Time: Chapter: Five

XxX Naruto Age 12 XxX

Currently the silver haired warrior was inside of his mindscape. He was having another training session with his mother. But this spar was different then the others, it was the last.

He wore black cargo pants and a dark green shirt. He wore his black clothed headband around his waist like a belt. The metal plate was held right in front of the pants acting much like a belt buckle.

His silver hair had grown to reach the middle of his back. But you could still see some streaks of yellow in random places in the hair.

Fortunately his eyes remained their original electric blue color. You would easily be able to see the blue eyes if they were currently that color. At the moment they were a very light purple, borer lining on gray, with a ripple effect design. The color of his bloodline, the Rinnegan. "I cant believe that is going to be the last time we see each other Kaa-san. It seems like it was only yesterday when we first met. Which reminds me, there are some questions you have yet to answer." he said eyeing his mother.

Across from him was said mother, her eyes resembling his. She wore an old fashioned kunoichi outfit, excluding the armored shinobi mask. Her outfit was the natural black. She also wore straw sandals and black socks. Her long red hair flowed down her back, much like her son's own silver hair. "I know son and I will answer those questions before I go. Now is the time we fight." she said as the large field of grass rose higher than the two stealth fighters.

After the grass stopped rising, trees started growing. With all the growing going on, the mindscape was soon turned into a prey's nightmare. But which one of these fighters is the real predator?

After the mindscape finished it's transformation, Naruto rocketed through the tall grass. His Rinnegan told him that the grass around him was filled with chakra. It was his and his mother's jobs to find each other through all of the chakra riddle forestry. 'This is nothing, I've done this dozens of times. I'll find her in no time.' he thought to himself before jumping out of the tall grass and used his eyes to focus on his mother's moving chakra.

Kushina appeared behind Naruto and kicked at his head. The boy ducked under the swipe and quickly grabbed her leg. 'This is a water clone. Unimportant, but relatively annoying.' he thought as his eyes got a good look at the female. "Your going to have to try harder than that moher." he said slamming the clone on the branch, making it splinter and nearly break in half. The clone then proceeded to splash back into it's liquid form.

Naruto stood to his full height, four feet and seven inches. He looked down to see a water bullet heading straight for the branch he was on. Because of the damage it had already sustained, the pressurized water was able to destroy the branch.

Luckily the silver haired shinobi had already jumped off the branch. While he was in the air his mother appeared in above him. "Shinra Tensei." (Almighty Push) she said rocketing the preteen back into the forest floor.

Naruto landed in the shrubs, disoriented. He shook his head as he stood up. "Oh no she didn't." he mumbled looking at the smirking face of his mother. "Okay I got something for that." he said weaving through a series of hand signs. "Lets get rid of this forest first." he said charging throughout his entire body. After a large amount of heat could be seen shimmering around the boy. "Katon: AREKURUU JIGOKU!" (Raging Inferno) he yelled as a wave of fire erupted all around him, burning the forest to cinders.

Thankfully it took Naruto way more than five seconds to execute his fiery technique. By that time Kushina used a clone to Almighty Push the flames, while she herself used the added time to use a couple of shunshins to quickly appear away from the flames. 'The more techniques he makes the more dangerous they become.' she thought with a frown, thinking of all the mysterious techniques he could use against her.

Naruto looked around at his work. "Wow I'm glad I'm in my mind. If I wasn't, this would obviously make a lot of people mad." he said canceling the flames and taking off on a run.

He looked to his right to see a dozen shuriken turning into a hundred, all of which were heading towards him. His eyes radiated chakra as he outstretched his right arm. "Shinra Tensei."

The technique did it's job and pushed the projectiles away and sent some back to their sender. "Let's stop with this guerilla warfare and get to the real fight." Naruto said crossing his arms as his bloodline deactivated. "No bloodline. No running. No mercy." he said as his pupils turned to slits to show his extreme focus on his target.

"No mercy, huh?" she said deactivating her own Rinnegan. "Interesting. Do you really think you can keep up with me without your Rinnegan?"

Naruto smirked as he uncrossed his arms. "I have a feeling you wont be able to answer my questions after this is over. How about you answer them now, before we get started?" he asked her. "First off, what's the real reason your in here?"

"Just like your father, I was also able to insert you with chakra. Your father put only enough to stop you from fully releasing the Kyuubi while using its chakra." she stopped to see him nodded, already knowing that. "Well I put all of my chakra in you. I also put part of my soul inside of you."

"Part? So your telling me that you split your soul in two?" Naruto questioned with wide eyes.

"Yes. The other part is inside the Shinigami, along with your father's. I made a deal with the God to allow me to train you. Only when you activated your Rinnegan." she said looking at the artificial sky.

"And I couldn't have two souls in me, so the Kyuubi made the deal more approachable to the God." she nodded looking at him. "So when you go, will the Kyuubi return?" he asked.

"Absolutely. The soul would return, only to have you gain full control." she said disappearing.

Naruto looked around, keeping his guard up. "How come I didn't activate this bloodline before I came to this time period?" Naruto asked out loud.

"I don't know. I guess realizing that you didn't have any parents to take care of you, didn't cause you enough emotional pain to have it activated." she said appearing behind him and punching right at his spine.

She was ultimately surprised when the body exploded. She was launched backward, her clothes nearly burned off in the blast. 'When did he make that Kage Bunshin Bakuha?' (Shadow Clone Explosion) she thought a little dizzy from the up close and personal explosion.

"I'm glad I didn't overload that clone with a massive amount of charka, like I had previously thought of. Otherwise, I wouldn't be enjoying our last fight together." Naruto said smirking as he rose from beneath the earth.

Kushina rolled her eyes at her son's nonchalant and cocky attitude. "I guess that's only fair. After all I wouldn't want our fight to end too soon. Or else you'll think your mother is weak without her bloodline." she said quickly closing their distance and punching him in the gut.

Naruto groaned at the punch and was hit another three times, each in three other spots. Before his mother gave him a final punch to his jaw. Luckily Naruto was able to block the attack and kick his mother in the sternum, making her slide backwards with her feet still planted on the ground. Naruto didn't end there as he appeared in front of her and thrust his palm out. "Futon: Gekitai Kyosei." (Forced Repel) he smirked when the attack sent Kushina flying, literally, across the field.

He looked at his hand, the attack he did was an upgraded version of Reppushou (Gale Wind Palm) and a more precise version of Shinra Tensei. He used the gravity manipulation he learned to control with a lot of difficulty, while his Rinnegan wasn't activated. It had a lot more power behind the attack, used no hand seals, and was totally unavoidable when used with Taijutsu.

He looked in the distance at his mother. She was slowly struggling to get out of a small hill.

Kushina groaned as she shook her head of any cobwebs. 'What the hell was that? I don't remember that jutsu being developed.' she thought stumbling to get up. 'I only have about twenty minutes left in here. Fighting my son is only shortening the time.' she realized as she sat up.

"Doton: Doryuudan." (Earth Dragon Projectile)

Kushina looked up to see an earthen dragon spitting mud at her. She moved her head to the side to avoid the first one. For the rest of projectiles, she just kept moving her body out of the way.

Naruto watched as his mom dodged his projectiles and frowned in annoyance. He canceled the technique and weaved through more hand seals. "Suiton: Suiryuudan no Jutsu." (Water Dragon Projectile Technique) Water quickly appeared throughout the air and formed a dragon.

Kushina watched the dragon being formed and smirked. "You think you can hurt me with water. Your sadly mistaken sochi." she said going through her own hand seals. "Suiton: Hageshii Nami." (Fierce Wave) she said as the dragon heading towards her went completely around her and went towards Naruto. As it was going towards him, it turned into a giant wave.

Naruto looked at the wave in surprise. "Damn, I kind of walked into this." he said jumping back continuously. As he was jumping he flew through hand seals as quickly as his fingers let him. "Futon: Atsugai." he said as the pressurized wind put a hole in the wave. Naruto just jumped through the hole. Now with the wave out of the way he looked around, but couldn't find his mother.

It was then he noticed he was in a Genjutsu, that altered all of his senses. He didn't even feel it when it took hold, but he was in his own mind and didn't have control over it. He quickly broke it to find himself on his back, with his mother over him with a kunai pointed at his neck. "You lose Naruto-kun. Your still having problems with Genjutsu, fix the problem or your screwed." she said standing up.

Naruto remained on his back. He looked at his mom, "You really think I would just let you win. Don't tell me you forgot about my exploding clones." he said causing his mother to widen her eyes.

But instead of an explosion of fire, an explosion of smoke was all that clouded her vision, as her body fell about a couple of inches to the floor. After the smoke cleared the redhead looked around to see hundreds of identical copies of her silver haired son. She silently cursed at the doppelgangers.

"Be careful mother, I put a couple of exploding clones in this batch." Naruto warned his mother, his voice being projected through all of the clones in the field.

Kushina began to sweat in slight fear, before she began smirking. 'I can get rid of these in a couple of minutes. After that I'll only have about five minutes left before I vanish.' she thought to herself as she fought her last battle with her son.

XxX Naruto Age 22 XxX

Naruto was shaken awake from his dream of the past by his best friend and brother in everything but blood, Hatake Sakumo. Now being apart of history, Naruto had the chance to meet many legends in the flesh. Sakumo was the best of the best and he was best friends with the man.

They first met about a week after his initial removal from team Sarutboi, now team Hokage. Yes, Hiruzen was now Hokage, thanks to that pre-invasion plan a decade ago. Who would have known that Ame also knew about Suna's plan to trek through their territory, and also planned to cut them off.

With that a battle between Suna's Nidaime Kazekage, Tobirama Senju, Konoha's own Nidaime Hokage, and lastly the leader of Amegakure Hanzo of the Salamander. That mask wearing bastard surprised both of the major village parties. He and his ambush army attacked fast, while he personally went straight towards Tobirama and the Kazekage and begun the battle.

You would think, with a common enemy, Tobirama and the Kazekage would work together to dispose of the problem. That was not the case, instead Hanzo and the Kazekage realized that with all the water from the rain, Tobirama would be far more dangerous. It was a two against one fight, with the Hokage being the one.

Fortunately Hiruzen, Homura, Koharu, and Danzo was there to lessen the assault on their last remaining sensei and their Nidaime, respectfully. Hiruzen and Danzo teamed up against the Nidaime Kazekage, while Koharu and Homura faced off against multiple Jonin and ANBU from both Suna and Ame.

The fights were said to be epic in size and time. An hour of straight Kage level brawls. Hiruzen and Danzo came out victorious in their fight against the Kazekage, unfortunately Danzo suffered massive injuries. His right arm and right eye was ultimately damaged. The arm was severed at he shoulder, the eye, the eye was just lucky the forearm took most of the damage. Danzo was lucky that Enma, in his staff form, took off the Kazekage's head, courtesy of Hiruzen. Do you know how hard a staff has to be and how hard you have to swing said staff, to take someone's head off. Well Hiruzen was glad that he and Enma was the perfect combination for the job.

Naruto wasn't told how Tobirama fought with Hanzo. All he knew was that the Nidaime was killed by poison. Strong poison at that, venom to be precise. Venom found in a venom sac of a black salamander. That's obviously where the man got his name from.

With the deaths of their leaders, Suna and Konoha retreated to their respective villages. And Hanzo back to his, to rest his body and allow it to heal.

That had been the first and last major lost Konoha had ever been dealt. And with the defeat coming from the hands of Hanzo of Ame, the land of Rain had become the new battleground for every future battle with Sunagakure, and don't even get me started on Iwagakure. Their actions after the fight, was to try to send countless spies into both countries to see which one was better to invade. They chose Suna and marched through Ishi no Kuni, to get to Kaze no Kuni.

Konoha was lucky that Hiruzen was a natural leader. He quickly helped his village out of their despair from losing one of the founders of the village, with the first of his legendary speeches.

Ever since that battle the training regime of every shinobi in Konoha rose through the roof. And that's where we return to Naruto and his everything but blood brother Sakumo.

"Naruto wake up. It's time to move out." he said. Sakumos attire wasn't all that special as it was just the standard outfit for any Jonin. He looked so much like his future son that Naruto had almost called him Kakashi when they first became Jonins.

"Taicho, we sighted Tsunade-sempai and the rest of the squad fighting Hanzo." an ANBU member, clad in a black cloak and a cat mask said at the mouth of the cave the two silver haired teens were in.

Naruto sat up against the wall of the cave. "What's the status of the entire squad? Never mind, I shouldn't even ask. If what Sarutobi-nii told me is true, then Hanzo is one dangerous bastard." Naruto said as he and Sakumo stood to their feet.

Naruto was decked out in a black ANBU style armor. His standard ANBU tattoo graced his left shoulder. Black gloves covered his hands, gray forearms protectors, black pants and gray shin protectors. His boots were also black. He also had a mesh style undershirt and his headband was nonexistent. It was prohibited to have your headband while on missions outside of Hi no Kuni, which was all the time. In its place was a mask of a wolf, to show his place as the leader in the pack, so to speak. The mask itself was never worn and always hung from his hip.

"Alright, lead the way." Naruto commanded as he and Sakumo sped out of the cave with the other three ANBU members following.

In minutes Naruto and Sakumo dropped to the ground, right behind their comrades. "Tsu-hime." Naruto said, causing the woman to turn around.

"Naruto-kun!" she nearly screamed. She turned back towards Hanzo, who stood on top of his massive salamander. "I told you he'll be here. Prepare to have your ass handed to you."

Hanzo looked down at the newcomers. "Well if it isn't the Futago no Gin Okami. (Twin Silver Wolves) This day just got more interesting. I just named these three Konoha's Densetsu no Sannin and now I get to fight you two. Lets get started shall we." he said vanishing from atop his salamander.

Sakumo also vanished. Soon the sounds of fighting filled the air. Meanwhile Naruto checked the remaining three members of the infiltrating squad. They each were wearing ANBU style armor, but none were actually in the corps. "Thank Kami, your still breathing." he told all three.

Orochimaru scoffed, "Of course we're still breathing. We're the Legendary Sannin." he said smiling.

Naruto looked at his friend with a straight face. "We just became the damn Sannin." Jiraiya said from around Orochimaru's arm.

"Don't you think you should help Sakumo-kun? I mean Hanzo is pretty strong." Tsunade said.

Naruto shook his head. "Sakumo can handle himself. How'd the hell you get detected during your mission?" Naruto said looking at his squad and seeing them decimating some Chunins.

"They have a pretty impressive security system. You see this rain?" Jiraiya asked pointing up with a finger. "I haven't fully figured it out yet, but I know that twenty minutes after entering, we were surrounded." Jiraiya explained.

Naruto nodded looking at the raindrops that were hitting them. "Impressive indeed." he stated looking towards Sakumo and Hanzo's fight.

The silver haired teen had just cut into the older man's chest with his white chakra tanto. With that tanto, Sakumo gained his own personal name. Konoha's Shiro Kiba (White Fang) is what he's called when he and Naruto aren't together.

Naruto continued to watch his brother fight the man that killed his Nidaime. He narrowed his eyes in frustration and vanished.

Hanzo held his chest in slight pain. The cut wasn't deep, but there was white chakra leaking from it. "What the hell did you do to me?" he asked.

Sakumo smirked. "Wouldn't you like to know." he said as more chakra covered his tanto. "Let me show you what I did." he said swinging the tanto towards the wounded man. "Ninpou: Chakura no Yajirushi." (Arrows of Chakra)

Three arrows launched at Hanzo with incredible speed. Hanzo couldn't dodge the speeding arrows. And because of that he was hit exactly on his wound. He yelled in pain as crouched on a single knee. "This is like a homing beacon." he realized indicating the white chakra on his wound.

Sakumo would've answered back, but was stopped as he witnessed Naruto kicking the man in the side of the head. "I was wondering when you were going to join the fight. No lie, that man is crazy strong." he said looking towards the downed man.

"I know what you mean. He must've had his full attention on you. Because on the way I was expecting him to grab me out of the air." Naruto said scratching his head. "Maybe your arrows did more damage than you thought."

Sakumo shook his head, "No, you know the arrows damage is only based on the amount of chakra I have on the target." he explained looking at Hanzo.

The leader of Ame rose to his feet and felt his mask. Part of it was cracked and he ripped it off in anger. 'Those bastards. I will kill them.' he thought in anger.

Naruto watched Hanzo closely. He could see a weird light green mist escaping from the man's mouth, before it was overcome by the rain. "That must be what killed Tobirama-sama. We have to be careful now and keep our distance." Naruto said quickly glancing at Sakumo who nodded.

Hanzo was soon found gone from his spot. "Where the hell did he go?" Sakumo asked as he was watching him the entire time.

Naruto looked back to really find the man gone. He heard a gurgling sound and looked to see Hanzo choking Sakumo. The man inhaled and everything started moving in slow motion for Naruto.

He dashed forward and right when the man was about to exhale venom right in Sakumo's face, he thrust both of his hands. "Futon: Gekitai Suru Tsuyoi!" (Intense Repel) Just like it's single palmed counterpart, Hanzo was launched across the field, but not without one of the attacks hitting the man's elbow, shattering the bone and ripping through the flesh.

Sakumo dropped to the floor, coughing. He reached up and ripped the dismembered arm from around his neck. He looked up at Naruto to thank him when he noticed the look in his eye. It was his Rinnegan and he had only used it when he was at his angriest. "Stay out for the rest of the fight, Nii-san. I'll handle the rest." Sakumo could do nothing but nodded slowly.

Naruto looked back at Tsunade. "I'm going to avenge your grand-uncle, my love." he said just loud enough to be heard by everyone. He turned back and started walking towards Hanzo's location. His walked turned into a jog and his jog, into a sprint. That sprint turned into him vanishing.

Tsunade looked back at the location, where Naruto was last seen. Previously, every time she would see him with the Rinnegan it would bring chills up and down her spine. But the sight of it now made her feel relaxed and protected. 'Don't hold back anything.' she thought the obvious.

Orochimaru glared at the distance, where he and everyone else, could feel Naruto's chakra running wildly. With Hanzo's dropping lower and lower. Trees were being uprooted and flames were spreading, seemingly ignoring the fire. He was angry that he didn't have a bloodline like Naruto's. 'It's always him. Why is he so special. Why is it that I can never match his power.' he thought as he turned his attention to Sakumo. 'And even this one. He even surpasses our power. I can tell he wasn't fighting at his full strength. His special tanto and Naruto's Rinnegan are the most desired things I want and I will have them. I just have to wait.' Orochimaru schemed.

"Sweet Kami, I'm glad he's on our side." Jiraiya said when he seen a massive Shinra Tensei. It was focused downward and made a, just as massive, visible crater in the ground.

Everybody nodded their heads, now knowing that with the last attack Hanzo was no more. The entire area was dead silent, the ANBU had quickly disposed of the Chunins and Jonins that were with Hanzo, causing any leftovers to flee back to the village.

In the distance Naruto could be seen walking back. A few cuts along his armor, but nothing that couldn't be quickly repaired. The Rinnegan was no longer active and he walked with an air of accomplishment. He had just defeated Hanzo the Salamander. Just like what he suspected, Hanzo couldn't compete with the Rinnegan. That was why Nagato/Pein was able to defeat him so easily. It was obvious, that a Rinnegan used in anger, brings victory to the bearer.

Naruto approached the group. "Even with the failure of your mission, I guess we can count the death of their leader a success." he said smiling brightly. "With Ame finally dealt with, the Second Ninja War is officially over." He said crossing his arms.

Sakumo and the others shook their head at Naruto's declaration. "Taicho. Even though the war's over, we can still continue their mission. All we have to do is retrieve information about their defense system, just in case we need to use it against them in the future." one of Naruto's female subordinates said appearing behind Naruto, crouched in a bow.

The captain nodded, "Yes Usagi (Rabbit). Sakumo could you lead the mission, your just as good a leader as I am." he said walking to and taking Tsunade's hand.

Sakumo sighed at the offer. "I would like to return to Kai-chan back at home. She and I have not spent all that time together and I would like to rectify that." he argued.

The ANBU captain nodded his head, "Yeah, I understand that. But I haven't spent any time with Tsu-hime. Even with the end of the war, I wouldn't be able to have this chance for a long time. I'm still an ANBU captain remember."

"Then how about stop being a damn ANBU captain. You knew how the hours were going to be, when you joined that damn corps five years ago. That's your own fault." Sakumo responded crossing his arms.

Naruto looked at Tsunade for help. 'Oh brother.' she thought rolling her eyes. "Don't look at me like that. I'm not fighting your battles." she said putting her hands on her hips.

"Come on Sakumo. Your going to go anyway. Just go without me. You can boss around my squad as much as you want." the younger silver haired ANBU captain offered.

"WHAT!" Usagi couldn't help but yell. Two more ANBU members dropped next to her. A Kame (Turtle) masked male and a Neko (Cat) masked female.

"Tempting…" Sakumo mumbled rubbing his chin, feeling some hairs.

"Taicho, you cant be serious." Kame said.

"Yeah I'm not serious. You cant command my squad… Neko lead the mission. It's your duty as lieutenant anyway." Naruto caved in.

"YATTA!" she cheered showing why Naruto didn't want her to lead. She was like a little kid stuck in a grown woman's body. "Don't worry Taicho, I'll lead this mission flawlessly." she said disappearing with a shunshin. The other two members sighed dreadfully and vanished with their lieutenant.

"I hate you, so much." Naruto said looking at Sakumo.

Sakumo smiled. "Oh stop exaggerating." he said chuckling loudly. "Have fun on your date." he said laughing again as he used a shunshin to begin his journey home.

"What kind of date is this?" Naruto nearly yelled as he glanced at all the dead bodies.

"A bad one." Jiraiya said, making Tsunade and Naruto glare at him. He nervously chuckled as he quickly removed himself from Orochimaru's help and started walking away.

The previous blonde noticed how slow Jiraiya was moving and sighed, "You three should take it easy for a while. We need to find a place to allow you to rest." he said as he left a clone to properly bury the lost leaf ninja and burn the others. Hanzo already being sealed and ready for transport to the village. Hopefully the medics there could work with what's left.

"I agree. The sooner we rest up, the sooner I can return home." Tsunade said before looking over at Naruto. "You did get Hanzo's body right. I'm thinking if I can find out what made him so poisonous I can not only devise a antidote but we can put it in our own arsenal."

"What do you take me for, an inattentive Genin. I got the bastard right here." he said patting his pouch, that contained the scroll that contained Hanzo.

"You keep talking to me like that and you'll wish you were an inattentive Genin." Tsunade said scowling at Naruto.

"Hey look it stopped raining." Naruto said trying to distract her only to find that it indeed had stopped raining.

"It'll be back tomorrow." Orochimaru said truthfully.

"Not that I'm trying to interrupt any of you, but we're being followed."

Naruto stopped moving, with a thoughtful look on his face as he begun thinking. 'Wait, doesn't Jiraiya and them meet the Ame orphans around this time?' he thought turning around. "You can come out now." Naruto said.

A head peeked out from behind a fallen tree. A weird helmet was left down behind the little boy's neck. Orange hair and bright blue eyes. He jogged toward them and held out his hand. "Give me your food."

Naruto knowing this was Yahiko, dug into his pouch, not at all surprised about the forceful tone. He took out a scroll that contained food. "What about your friends? I have enough for all three of you." he smiled looking in the distance to see the other two, Konan and Nagato. They each had to be around seven or eight years old. They were also wearing identical helmet thingies.

Jiraiya walked beside Naruto to get a better look at the three children. "These children have been following us, since the battlefield." he said crouching down and giving the orange haired child another piece of bread. "Why aren't you at home? A battlefield isn't a place for children."

"They don't have a home to go to Jiraiya. They're orphans baka." Tsunade said slapping Jiraiya in the back of the head.

"We should just put them out of their misery and kill them. That way they wouldn't have to suffer."

At that point the three children stopped eating and started panicking. "Why do you have to be so cold hearted, teme? We're not going to kill anybody." Naruto said resisting the urge to launch a fireball at the snake user. "So what are your names?" Naruto asked looking at the three children already knowing the answer.

"I'm Yahiko." the orange haired boy said. "That's Konan…" he said pointing at the blue haired little girl. "and this one is Nagato."

"What's the matter with them, they cant talk?" Jiraiya said.

"What the hell's wrong with you? They're obviously shy because we're from Konoha. Shinobi from our village probably…" Naruto trailed off as he began to think. He looked at Nagato. 'Nagato, from my time, told me that he activated his Rinnegan before he met the Sannin. So he must have it on now, since he couldn't seem to deactivate it.' Naruto thought gesturing for Nagato to come to him with his finger. "Nagato, come here. There's something oddly familiar about you." he said playing it off perfectly.

"What's wrong Naruto. What could be familiar about someone you only just met?" Tsunade said from behind Naruto, as Orochimaru just sighed and watched.

Before Nagato could decline and speak his mind, Yahiko yelled. "Train us to become strong like you."

"I've heard enough…" Orochimaru said pushing off the tree he was leaning against. "I have to go return to my remaining student and tell him the news about the war being over." he said walking away.

"Tell Nawaki-kun I said hi." she said before turning to Naruto and smiling brightly at how he saved Nawaki a few weeks ago. But that's another story, lets just say, their love has grown stronger.

"If you train us, I'll give you this." Konan said from the side as she took out a origami rose head. She offered it to Tsunade who smiled at the little girl and took the flower. "Sorry, sweetie, but I cant train you. I have to return to the village." she said apologetically.

"I'll train you kids." Jiraiya said shocking Tsunade. "I have a book to write. This break will be the perfect for me to finish just that." Jiraiya said smiling as he rubbed Yahiko's head. "Who knows? I might even find my child of prophecy." he said smiling brightly.

Naruto looked at Jiraiya, 'The child of prophecy? Oh yeah that's me.' he thought smiling. He turned back to Nagato. "Show me your eyes." he said almost in a commanding voice.

Everyone stared at Naruto surprised. They had seen him commanding squads of ANBU, Jonin, Chunin, and even them… but orphan children. "Naruto, what's wrong with you?" Jiraiya asked before Tsunade could.

The Uzumaki ignored him and continued to stare into the child, aware of all of the children's fear.

Finally Nagato complied and moved the hair away from his eyes. The Rinnegan was revealed to everyone. The others gasped at seeing the Rinnegan in another person.

Naruto lowed his head, his own bangs overshadowing his eyes. He took a deep breath and rose his head. "Hi cousin." he said his own Rinnegan activated.

0