Chapter 4 – That Morning
48 7 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes and stretched my body.

 

"Uhooof"

 

Such sounds came out naturally as I twisted myself in all directions.

 

I recalled having the wildest dream where I met a genie and forced her to become a human.

 

But such things couldn't happen in reality.

 

I stood up and began walking to the door. Standing in front of it was a sorta humanoid red and black thing with purple highlights and protruding horns.

 

"Morning"

 

"Yo" 

 

Yep. Such fantasy like turn of events are imposs—

 

"THE FUCK"

 

I immediately jumped back.

 

I then looked at my bed and saw a girl sleeping there.

 

I was about to high five myself until I remembered everything that happened.

 

That's right.

 

It wasn't a dream. 

 

"Nadiya! Nadiya! Wake up what is that thing?!"

 

She wasn't responding for some reason. 

 

"Nadiya?"

 

Her eyes were open weirdly enough but it's almost like she can't move for some reason.

 

I then stared at the monster.

 

"What did you do to her!"

 

"I just made it so she won't be walking for awhile"

 

"You what.."

 

I don't think I heard It correctly.

 

"You know, after I was done with her let's just say she'll be in bed all day"

 

I heard it correctly.

 

"..."

 

I looked at Nadiya.

 

I looked at It.

 

Back at Nadiya.

 

Then at It.

 

"I see then sorry for disturbing the two of you, I'll make my way out" 

 

"Uhh right?"

 

"Hghmhhgh!!?"

 

Nadiya was making weird sounds but I chose to ignore them. As I casually made my way towards the door, I then spun around and performed a roundhouse kick towards the Thing.

 

"As if!"

 

I yelled. 

 

"You really think the two of you can have lewd fun in my bed?"

 

"Wait what?"

 

"While I sleep!"

 

"I think you got the wrong idea"

 

"Without ME!!!"

 

I made my final cry as my shin made full contact with the Thing and...

 

Passed right through it and instead resulted in my foot flying straight through my door.

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

Everyone was silent. I don't know if it's because of what I said or because I kicked a hole in my door.

 

"HGmHhm!"

 

Nadiya started making weird sounds again. I could feel some malicious intent from her towards the thing.

 

Seriously what's wrong with this girl? She's awake yet  can't move or speak but can make sounds.

 

Is she paralysed or— OHHHHH.

 

That's right! My wish last night.

 

"Damn it! I know exactly what you are!"

 

"Oh?"

 

"You're a sleep paralysis demon."

 

"Congratulations what took you so long?"

 

"Oh sorry about that, I don't usually deal with the supernatural. So I couldn’t tell."

 

"I have horns"

 

"I don't judge fetishes"

 

The demon just blankly started at me. 

 

"So anyway's how do you work? Did you sneak into my room by climbing? Are you manifested by insomnia?"

 

"Eh I just come and go you know"

 

"Ah I see. So is this like a job for you? Are you paid in like paralysis currency in your paralysis world, you paralysis man?"

 

"You're just saying words. But if you must know then we demons feed of emotions"

 

"Ohhhh so you feed of feelings of fear, distress and panic right?"

 

"Exactly! You're smarter than you look!"

 

"Ohh stop, what makes you think I don't look smart?"

 

"Well for starters you haven't taken your foot out of your door"

 

"Huh? Oh yeah"

 

- Nadiya -

 

What the hell.

 

I've been like this since I woke up. And instead of finding a solution.

 

This kid is talking it up with a literal demon.

 

 

In fact why are they getting along so well?

 

But this is the same kid that took a great spirit such as Moi under a lesser form. And with his crimson eyes, it's possible that they come from the same background?

 

No regardless of how he is, the likes of demons are disgusting beyond belief. 

 

But given further thought considering the way the demon was summoned it may figure out my true identity and that would cause issues. So it’s probably better if attention isn’t drawn to me.

 

"Anyway can you let go of that girl over there? I've got colly in like a few hours and can't be late you know"

 

"I would love too but the emotions here are extra tasteful it must be because of that girl. She's definitely one of those after all"

 

"What do you mean by one of those?"

 

"Do you think I'm stupid? I didn't choose to come here and I can tell no human here knows how to summon demons. But here I am, so it has to be through magic by one of those fucking Votners"

 

"Hmmfhfhgggh!"

 

I can't believe he called me that. If anyone is a Votner it's his species.

 

But he was correct the demon wasn't traditionally summoned. As it was a wish it was through my magic and the one things demons hate more than angels and gods....

 

Are Genies.

 

"But are you sure you got the right Votne—"

 

"WOAH!"

 

"HHGHhMM!"

 

The demon and I exclaimed.

 

I knew this boy was questionable but I didn't think he'd result to slurs.

 

"Bruh what did I say? You called her a Votner I was just re—"

 

"No! You don't get to use that word! that’s not for you people"

 

Tell him Demon! That's our word.

 

"Why ya'll getting mad it's just a word?"

 

"Nope. You can't play that here, actually... You! back me on this"

 

The demon snapped his fingers and I could move my mouth.

 

"Yep Alaric he's right you can't just use that word lightly. How'd you like if I used that word?"

 

"Okay that's completely different"

 

"How?" x2

 

The two of us exclaimed once again.

 

"There's actual history behind my word! Y'all spirits just be calling each other words even though y’all are basically the same thing"

 

"You fucking bigot!"

 

 

The demon yelled at Alaric. 

 

I watched the two in argument. This is a total contrast to the scene earlier between them. 

 

The argument continued.

 

"Look my people were slaves and—"

 

"Wawawawa "my people were slaves" who cares? This is a conflict that's gone on far longer than the slave trade!"

 

"Don't! Interrupt! Me!"

 

"Alaric I like you and all but you need to understand the conflict between demons and genies is—"

 

"I'm not speaking to you!"

 

"You see! You cry about being interrupted but won't even let me speak. This is why I hate humans you can't argue like intellectuals!”

 

"I know we're on the same side but you're literally a human right now. I expect no less from a genie to get turned into something so fleshy and weak by an inferior entity hahahaha!"

 

"You little black Votner! Say that again, I've got sea salt in my lamp you know!"

 

"Woah woah woah! what does him being black have to do with any of this?"

 

At this point I feel the original argument was loss and what we were doing was a free for all.

 

This continued until...

 

"You know what I'm done! I'm not doing this!"

 

"You're not done. You just realised you're hitting out your league!"

 

"Personally I think the two of you should just argue with each other. Any argument from an existence such as Moi wouldn't be comprehended anyway"

 

Hearing me say this the Demon screamed out.

 

"I don't even care anymore! You can fucking have her! Good luck sleeping next time you bigoted brat!"

 

“Stop foreshadowing and just leave! Nadiya get the sea salt!”

 

The Demon snapped his fingers. Subsequently I could feel my body's senses return fully.

 

He then vanished but not before flipping off the two of us. 

 

"Tch what a lame guy.. You okay Nadiya?"

 

"Yeahhh I'm fine but you're still in the wrong"

 

"Don't start"

 

Alaric sighed. I could hear him say “Ara Ara Kai” under his breath while doing so.

 

I patted his back as a way to comfort him.

 

“Fine I’ll let you off, anyway good job getting that guy away! You know out of all the humans in the universe you’re probably the only one that beat a demon through racism!”

 

“Is that supposed to be an accomplishment?”

 

I tried cheering him up but he seemed more annoyed. What an ungrateful human. 

 

“Whatever luckily my classes start a bit later today and on that note I wish you was enrolled in my college”

 

I snapped my fingers and looked blankly at Alaric.

 

“Huh? Why did you wish for that?”

 

“Isn’t it obvious?”

 

He started smiling.

 

Oh no. I know that smile.

 

“H-Hey? Look I know I’m in human form but you never said anything about taking part in human activities?”

 

“Ohh I didn’t? Must be somewhere in the fine print… Nadiya ”

 

This… This bastard!

 

“It’s time for your first day of class!”

2