Chapter 5 – That genie’s first day!
68 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now you see the reason us genies have conflict with devils is because both of our species grant wishes but it's the way that we do it that differs us, as devils require something in exchange for wishes such as your soul while supreme genies such as moi grant wishes depending on our limits such as power level or how many wishes we choose to grant, Votner is a term that means wishbound meant to call out such weaknesses and..."

 

Nadiya was explaining the history behind that word to me as we walked into the college but I honestly wasn't too interested.

 

Maybe it's the smug look on her face and her hand gestures as she explains it all that makes me want to roll my eyes or it could be because I can't take beef between the supernatural seriously.

 

They're all magic beings in the end of the day? It's lavender and violet making fun of purple. 

 

But of course I'll keep such things to myself before that sleep paralysis demon wants round two. 

 

Oh yeah. 

 

And Nadiya too.

 

"Yo Al what's good"

 

I turned around to see Jazz calling out to me. I dapped him up in response.

 

"Nothing much how about you?"

 

"I'm steady. Who's this tho? Yo my name is Jazzmine and yes it's a boy name. Just call me Jazz tho"

 

Jazz greeted Nadiya and she responded.

 

"Hi Jasmine I'm—"

 

"Sorry to interrupt but It's Jazzmine"

 

"That's what I said?"

 

"No you said Jasmine my name is Jazzmine"

 

"..."

 

"Look I can tell you're not saying it with a Z in mind" 

 

Nadiya looked at me from the corner of her eyes clearly exasperated by Jazz's usual antics. I shrugged my shoulders in response.

 

It's something you get used to.

 

"The two of you know I could see that whole interaction?"

 

Jazz sighed after saying that. Wanting to get it over with Nadiya pointed at herself saying "Nadiya" and started walking away. I told Jazz I'll see him later and chased after her.

 

"You have some weird friends. Seriously he reminds me of demons with how seriously they take their names."

 

She sighed and continued. While shooting a smile and nudging my shoulders with her elbows.

 

"But hey... what happened to that "Guy who sticks to himself and doesn't care about anyone" thing you was on about last night"

 

She then came towards me her smile grew smugger the closer she got.

 

"Haha... Could it be the Self-Crowned Loner is actually very sociable after all.. Hahaha"

 

 

Dammit. This girl is annoying.

 

"Just because I know some people doesn't take away my loner sta— Oh hi Lupita!"

 

I waved at Lupita who greeted me with a smile.

 

“That doesn’t count”

 

“Sure it doesn’t”

 

I could feel the smug smile of a genie radiating out from beside me.

 

"As I was saying. I'm the one who stands alone, you call these interactions a friendship I say— oh Yo Kuzia, yeah I didn't do the homework either, I'm just gonna do it in form"

 

I greeted Kuzia who asked me about yesterday's homework.

 

“That doesn’t count either”

 

“Of course”

 

And continued.

 

"Also what does self-crowned even mean? I didn't decide this title for myself? That's right! No can trust me in fact everyone here knows I'm the loner of thi— oh hi Osas"

 

I greeted Osas who came up to us, she then looked at Nadiya and introduced herself.

 

"Hi Al, who's your friend? You're really pretty!”

 

“Oh? Please this type of beauty is normal for my people haha. You’re not bad yourself!  my name is Nadiya, I’m pleased to meet you”

 

I then chimed in.

 

“Yeah she’s new here so I’m just showing her around.”

 

“Yep in fact. Alaric was just telling me about his personality. I want to know if what he told me matches up, how do you see him Osas?”

 

“Well, If you're new here then don't worry Alaric is a great guy, he may act a bit weird but he's decently reliable so you're in good hands! Isn't that right Alar-— Hey! Why are you on the floor!?"

 

She screamed as she saw me lie on the floor dejected. 

 

"I promise I'm a cool guy loner who everyone wonders about... I promise.. I’m so nonchalant and mysterious…” 

 

I mumbled such words as a form of composing myself.

 

The two girls looked at me in disgust.

 

"I'm sorry. You have to deal with him."

 

Osas started to apologise to Nadiya on my behalf.

 

Don't talk about me like I'm something to be ashamed about.

 

"I feel worse since you guys have been dealing with him longer"

 

Nadiya apologised back.

 

Why is everyone in my life bonding over my very normal personality.

 

Am I some sort of paragon?

 

As such thoughts were running through my mind. I picked myself back up and pointed to the room in front of us.

 

Class 301B.

 

"Welp anyway, this Nadiya is my form room since you're mine you'll be here as well! It's the smallest form so try and get along with everyone"

 

I said as I walked into the room and went to go sit down I then put my head on the table and told Nadiya she can go anyway.

 

Her and Osas were lingering around where I was sitting and were getting acquainted.

 

Osas shot a smirk in my direction and said.

 

"Ohhh? "Mine" since when did you get so possessive? Do you guys have that kinda relationship?"

 

"N-No! Not at all! I mean like she's my responsibility!"

 

I briefly lifted my head to defend myself.

 

"Hahaha! I know I'm just teasing!"

 

Not like I can explain that Nadiya literally belongs to me.

 

"Well I mean I am his."

 

"?"

 

"?"

 

Just as I was deflecting Osas's implications, Nadiya decided to say something unnecessary and continued.

 

"What's confusing? I belong to Alaric. Anything he tells me to do I would do, it even if it pains me"

 

"Oh.. I see"

 

This girl... she's not wrong. But there's a better way of phrasing it.

 

Osas probed.

 

"What do you mean by even if it causes pain?"

 

"Well last night I didn't want to go to bed but Alaric looked me in the eye and commanded that I fall asleep, so I did!”

 

I would lift my head up to defend myself again but doing so would ruin my nonchalant persona, so I kept my head on the table.

 

"Huh!? Last night? You were at his house!?"

 

"Yep we slept in his room. I was in his bed."

 

"Oh? Even sleeping together..."

 

"I even met his parents and they both loved me. And his mum was happy he brought home a wife"

 

"You're already acquainted with his parents?!"

 

I need to resist. I know she's doing this on purpose to get a reaction.

 

"Yep! It was quite embarrassing as his dad walked in on me mounting him so it was more of a forced introduction..."

 

"Ahhh that must've been awkward. How did you too meet?"

 

"It was all last night. I was stuck in a confined place and he helped me out and I said I would do anything to show my gratitude and this boy said I should change my body and listen to everything he says for as long as I live"

 

"What! No way? He took advantage of your kindness like that?!"

 

"No it's fine! it's the least I can do for my benefactor!"

 

" sniff  You're so...brave...Nadiya sniff"

 

I wanted to lift my head off the table and beat this girl up. But I feel I would be in more danger if I did so.

 

Osas's gaze was piercing my skull. 

 

"I thought you were a nice guy..."

 

Her words hurt more than any blade.

 

I'd rather deal with the demon than this.

 

Osas spoke.

 

"I'm gonna go out, you can come if you want. I just need to do some kinda... survey!"

 

Zing

 

I could feel a spark in my brain telling me that I was in danger.

 

"Hey what is it you plan to do!?"

 

"Nothing I just want to speak to everyone in the school."

 

"Speak to them about what? Let me accompany you!"

 

"No. No. No I don't need your help such stay here"

 

Osas was saying such things while walking towards the door. This bitch. She's going to spread rumours!

 

"Hey! Didn't you say yourself that I was reliable? I'll join you! What is it we're talking about!"

 

I could hear Nadiya laughing in the back and I turned to glare at her. She returned the gesture by sticking her tounge out and dragging one of her eyes down.

 

The moment I turned around I heard the door slam shut.

 

Not wasting a second I immediately ran after Osas before she could ruin my reputation.

 

I also came up with ways to punish Nadiya when we get back home.

 

"Fuckkkk! Hey Osas! Come back here now! I can explain everything! Dammmit!?"

 

It's that genies first day and she's already causing me trouble!

 

2