9
395 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Lance finished burying all the bodies and the only one left was of Caius, his father. He chose to let him to the end so that he can spend one last time thinking about all the time they spent together. After one last look, he picked up a black coat he had found in one of the ruins and walked out of the village.

He walked to a forest nearby. There he walked deeper into the forest till he reached a tree that was much sturdier than others. In front of the tree, there was a simple hut made of wood.

He felt pain in his heart when he gazed at the hut and saw two shadows building it while laughing. Although it pained him remembering, it made his determination stronger and he entered the hut.

Inside of the hut, there was only a simple bed, a table, and many shelves filled with books ranging from many topics since bedtime stories to the history of the many countries to the sciences that were explored in this world. The only type of books he didn't have were those that gave any explanation to magic or introduce any kind of spell.

In all the time he spent reading these books he found out something very mindblowing. When one thought about a world like this one would think that most of the materials would have different names than the one he used in Earth, but the thing that amazed him when he read those books was that besides some elements that were new every single one of the other materials had the same names that those in his other world. If he wanted to do a periodic table to list all the elements, he was 95% sure that most elements would be identical to Earth's beside a few new ones and those that were made in a laboratory.

He put his things down and lied on his bed. The moment he lied down he fell deep in sleep. He knew that although revenge was important he had to rest and plan everything so that he can't have any loose end or if his targets had powerful friends he would die without completing his vengeance.

....................

Hearing the loud chirping coming from the nearby birds, Lance woke up and yawned loudly.

"Good morn..."

When he was about to say good morning he remembered that he was alone. His eyes turned red filled with hatred but very quickly they turned back to a very cold look.  He got up and headed out to begin his training.

Although in this world most people couldn't become mages it didn't mean that they didn't have any mana inside of them, it only meant that the amount was insufficient. So people found out that by using the mana across their bodies their physical capabilities were enhanced, so they began to train their bodies to hunt wild monsters so that they can sell their body parts for many.

By the information that he gathered from the books, some people from Flick Village, and his own research, he knew what was the best way to train his body using mana. He would begin to assess what rate of mana he could use as he knew from his Awakening Ceremony that he had a very large reserve of mana.

He walked to a tree only a bit smaller than the tree behind his house and stopped in front of it. He made the horse stance and took a deep breath. Arousing the mana inside his body he punched the tree with all his power.

BAMMM

A loud sound was made when his fist touched the tree. After he retracted his fist and took a closer look at the spot where he punched he noticed a crevice 3 cm deep he frowned in consternation.

'Only 3 cm deep and I only used about 5% of all my mana? If I had 100%...'

After doing an estimative of the power that 100% of his mana would have, his determination turned even stronger and he began to work out. His legs, his arms, his back, his core... He used any sort of training regime he remembered from Earth to attain the most efficient and fastest way to strengthen his body.

A few hours after, he was completely spent and walked towards a place in the forest where he found a waterfall. On the way, he hunted a small deer that he planned to cook after he took a bath. After the bath, he felt better and he felt like his spirit had been invigorated and when he returned to the hut he ate the whole deer refilling all the energy spent from a day working out.

Inside the hut, Lance took a stack of paper he had there and took a quill and looked at the first sheet and began to write.

'I have to make them pay for this! To accomplish this I need power enough so that I can accommodate future problems because of my lightning power. About the power I found out that the reason that they tried to kill me was that once there existed a mage that was born with the same lightning power and by some reason he began a spree of killing, killing almost all the nobles and the emperor of the Blue Sky Empire. Since that day the emperor made a law that if one was born with lightning mana he should be killed by all means and if one was found out to safeguard someone with lightning mana their entire family should be exterminated.'

He stopped for a bit, reflecting on that. Learning that one man only manages to threaten an empire by himself, he smiled and began to write again.

'With my knowledge, I can make some of the weapons that revolutionized Earth's vision on war and perhaps a weapon that can take most out of the lightning mana. To do that I need large amounts of money and resources, and what better way to do that if not................. becoming a King!'

10