14
263 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the city, Lance and the girls were heading to a tall building. Although it wasn't the tallest building in the city, it still gave a very oppressive feeling when people looked at it.

Before entering the building, Lance looked at the gate that had a very Japanese style with a wooden plaque with a name on it, Ragnarok. Lance entered the building and was a bit surprised by the lavish style that the building had. The hall only had a white ivory desk where there was a very pretty woman dressed in a suit. The floor was made of black marble floor and there was an ivory chandelier that gave a very holy feeling to contrast with the eery feeling emanating from the black marble.

Lance was very pleased with the look of the building and continue walking into the building. Before the three elves began their journey to BlackCrime City, he had spoken to them about some ideas about the headquarters but he never thought that he would be so pleased when he walked in.

Felicia seeing the pleased face of her master, she also couldn't help but be very happy. This headquarters had given them three so much work so that they could hear a word of praise from their master. She walked in front of Lance and spoke with reverence in her voice, "Master, please follow me. I will take you to the top floor."

He nodded and followed Felicia. She looked at the pretty secretary and nodded, which the secretary gave in response a smile while at the same time she pressed a button beneath the desk. The moment she pressed the button, right beside the desk the wall opened to reveal a small division.

Lance gazed at the division and smirked as he knew what that division was, while Lina was filled with confusion has the division was like a closed-off room. She turned to Lance to ask him but seeing his knowing expression she refrained from asking and just followed him inside.

Inside the division, Felicia pressed one of the buttons in a panel and after a few seconds the door closed and the begin to move upward. Lina was surprised and almost screamed when the division began to move. She had never seen something like this and although a bit scared the fear was soon defeated by curiosity as she began to ask Felicia what was this division and how can it move.

Lance looked at Lina and said, "Lina, this is an elevator. It is something that I asked both Groath and Bodvar to build and it's based in a pulley-type system, in simple words, this division is attached to a rope and on the other end of the rope, there is a group of weights. So when Felicia, pushed the button, the weights begin to fall due to gravity pulling us up."

Lina listened and understood the gist of it. In all those months in the mountain, Lance didn't forget to teach them some superficial knowledge about physics, biology, maths, and chemistry. He didn't explain them in-depth because that would give him a serious problem in the time schedule. 

After a while, they arrived on the top floor. This was one of the problems of this simple elevator, due to the simple technology used to make them they could only have one other stop. If Lance wanted to get down to the floor ground, some slaves would have to pull the weights up for the elevator to descend. He knew it wasn't optimal but he didn't care because when he took over this entire city that was when he would begin the serious changes.

On the top floor, besides some bookshelves filled with books, a desk, and some couches, there were also two other people kneeling down before a desk. Lance walked closer to the bookshelves recognizing those used books, that he had read over and over. He walked towards the large desk in the room and sat down, gazing at the two men kneeling down.

"You did a good job, Finn, and Charles."

Those two men were the two male dark elves that Lance had ordered to go to the city together with Felicia. After some fights, the aura surrounding those two had become stronger with a hint of bloodlust but when they were kneeling before Lance one could only see absolute obedience and reverence. Hearing the praising words, both Flinn and Charles felt very happy in their hearts.

They got up and put their right fist in their left chest.

"I wasn't nothing, Master. We only did what should be done." Lance nodded looking at them.

"Flinn, give me a brief report about the things in the city."

Flinn nodded, "As you had ordered before, I and Charles had trained some loyal slaves to infiltrate the various forces. From the information gathered beside the three top gangs most of the gangs only have one or two people that can rival Mid Apprentice Mages. The only problem we detected was that even the smallest gang has more than 100 gang members while the largest has more than 5000 members."

Lance nodded and gazed at Charles. Charles knew that was his turn, "After ascertaining the information about the gangs we turned towards the various businesses and made a very significant discovery."

"Most of those businesses belong to one powerful group, right?" Lance intervened while grasping his chin.

"Yes. After many of our spies beginning to work on those businesses, we found out that those businesses don't only belong to not only one group but to a noble from VerdantShine Empire. After that, we made a decision to abandon all those spies as we didn't want to cause that country to find out who were the ones that dare to spy on them."

"You did well. Before we have a good grasp on the city we can't antagonize that noble. While they may only be businesses I'm certain that they have many soldiers that can destroy anyone that crossed their path. Now Felicia, give information about Green Bunker Gang."

Felicia nodded, " The Green Bunker Gang is one of the strongest small level gangs. They have 120 gang members with 20 low Apprentice members and 1 mid-Apprentice, which is the boss of the gang, John, the Boar. After months of spying, we manage to replace to the top echelon of the gang with our spies. We can immediately take over the gang."

Lance crossed his arms and said calmly, "Very well. Felicia and Flinn take immediate measures to take over the Green Bunker Gang without alerting the other gangs."

"Charles spread a rumor that a new group as attacked the Green Bunker Gang and after a swift battle replaced them and make sure that nobody can find that we were the ones that replace them."

"All the reports, pass them to Lina. She will be in charge of logistics and troop displacement. That's all, you all may go."

"Yes, Master!" Felicia, Flinn, Charles, and Lina all shouted with determination in their voices and exited the room. Lance glanced at them and turned over to look at the scenery. 

'Now, the conquest begins!'

 

6