19
478 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The deals with Smitty for more slaves have been reached. He will collect more 100 beastman slaves for us. We also have managed to accomplish a relationship with major drug cartels and we have dealt with some of their enemies. Most of the members have already used the black pill and so far we didn't notice anyone with signs of rebellion."

"About the three major gangs, we still couldn't have many people infiltrate them as their screenings are very meticulous causing the death of some of our members. About the rest, we have accomplished some degree of infiltration but we still need a little more time to get the information you desire, master."

Sophia reported all their activities since the last time Lance was there. Like he had though leaving the dark elves to command his Assassination Division was the right choice. They in a few weeks manage to infiltrate some of the most powerful medium size gangs and some of the weaker ones were already in our control. Although in the matter of the three strongest ones the infiltration was rather disappointing, they still mage to gather some small fragments of information.

Lance knew that although this city was governed by unruly folks, the hands behind them were the ones that he should be wary of. He knew that he couldn't take the hard way in fear of the retaliation of the multiple powerful families unless he had control of most of the city.

Until then, he had to work in the shadows by appropriating some gangs while decimating other ones. For that, he needed many assets from slaves to drugs. He had thought of possibly introducing some of the drugs that made hostage many people back in his former world but while it was a good way of taking the city faster, he would also cripple his future assets while at the same time antagonizing the major drug cartels.

Lance looked at the reports on his desk and after a while, he said, "Sophia send some of the members to the headquarters to pick some of the new weapons. We need to turn the new members into a fully capable fighting force, before sending them to do any work. Although slaves are dispensable, the black pills are not and we can just waste them like water."

"Also about a way to improve our gathering of information besides blackmailing or stealing, I had an idea. Say to me what is the thing that attracts people to this city?"

Sophia took some time to think about the question when she said, "The majority of people attracted to this city are either wanted criminals or people looking to indulge in illegal activities, like slave buying or selling, betting arenas or assassination contracts."

Lance nodded, "That's right, most of the people that come to this city are wanted criminals that want to escape authorities and at the same time indulge in those activities. And from my observation, most of them are men with a small part of women. Due to that, the rate of people entering the city is high while the exiting is low, so to seize that ongoing information we have to think about a place where they will always go."

Sophia was confused. She knew that most of the inhabitants of the city were men but she didn't see how that was going to improve their information gathering. She gazed at the smiling visage of Lance and asked, "What is the place, master?"

Lance tapped his fingers on the table and said one word, "A brothel."

"A brothel?" Sophia muttered while furrowing her brow. It took her some time before she looked at her master's in worship.

"Using a brothel, we can have the girls get the information themselves. While at the same time making a bit of money."

Lance didn't continue talking as he let Sophia think about the rest. If she couldn't do what he wanted he wouldn't have any need for her so this was kind of a test for her.

"I will leave the details to you. In a week, I hope that I hear about the opening of a new brothel in the city."

"Yes, master!"

Sophia shouted before exiting Lance's office. She had a look of excitement on her face as she thought of the future praise she will get from her master if she accomplished her task successfully. Lina who was in the office hearing all that took the moment right after Sophia's exit of the office to give some tea to Lance.

One of the things that change from coming to this world was his liking to tea. He didn't know if it was because of mana but the tea in this world gave a very calming feeling to him, clearing up his mind while at the same time helping him think clearer. While was enjoying the relaxing feeling coming from the tea, he noticed Lina's fidgeting. 

"Lina you can speak freely when we are alone. Say it or don't say it, it's your choice."

"Master, I have one thing that I don't understand. I agree that a brothel is a very wise way to gather information, first how will you guarantee that the information that you gather is true and that the those working in the brothel are trustable?"

Lance looked at Lina. When he chose her to be his secretary of sorts he just wanted someone that would do everything he said, but after a while with her by his side, he found out that she was in fact very talented. Although in physical or magical matters she was the trashiest one could be, in terms of management or problem-solver she was a diamond in rough. 

Many times, she would point out some flaws in his plans. With that, he could improve them while at the same time he would give her a chance to solve them herself. With time it proved that she could deal with most of the tasks that he gave to her but when some of the plans required much complex thinking she would have difficulties.

So much of the time besides some core plans and problems, he would have Lina solve them for him, giving him time to help the dwarves developing more tools for his conquest.

"First things first, Lina. About the truthfulness of the information, I had thought about that for a long time. In a premeditated plan to avoid any sort of flaws or mistrust in our information gathering, I asked the dwarves to research truth serums. Groath and Bodvar have been experimenting with some truth serums and recently they made some breakthroughs, solving that question."

Lina nodded in understanding. Although she only had heard little about the endeavors of the dwarves in all kinds of experiences, she trusted 100% in Lance.

Lance looked Lina nodding in understanding, he continued, "And about the loyalty of the workers of the brothel? That is even easier."

Lance put a hand under the desk, where a miniature device similar to the mana lock of the lab door was. After infusing a bit of his mana and the lock opening, revealing a hidden drawer. From inside he took a small square case.

"Lina come closer."

Lina approach Lance's desk. She saw that inside the case there were several tiny disks with a smaller stone in each of their centers.

"Lina although I trust you I'm only showing this to you because the next step of my plan is almost complete. This disk here his a kind of slave collar. When someone puts this on, I or the person I appoint will have total control of the other person's life. That person just has to think about something that would implicate serious damage to me and I will be notified. After that his simple, with a simple snap of my fingers... Kaboom!"

Lance laughed. This was one of his earliest projects. With this disk, he didn't have to worry about any of his troops turning their backs to him. He wasn't sure that the black pill would be enough to ensure the loyalty of any of them including the Blood Council. Although he could control Lina since she was always near him, he had to find a way to guarantee that the others wouldn't betray him, otherwise with only one of them betraying him it would lead automatically to his doom.

Lina nodded and stepped outside of the room, leaving Lance in there alone. He was thinking about his next step when he heard a voice.

[Master, I have analyzed all the books and have come with some results. Do you wish me to display them?]

'Yes.'

Lance's smirked as it was all coming together. Before the fight with the overlords of this city, he had to become strong. His groups were already ready to fight now the only step missing was himself.

 

 

4