1
848 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dark laboratory below the surface, a old man was focused while looking at a screen filled with various complex formulas and data. The old man was so focused that he didn't even noticed that all his clothes were drenched in sweat. 

[Ding! The test has obtain 100% rate of success! Congratulation Dr. Lance for accomplishing all the necessary investigation for attaining space travel!]

A metallic voice resounded across the laboratory. The old man was so focuses that when the notice appeared he didn't even glanced to it. Only when he saw that all the calculations were correct did he sighted. The old man seemed to have aged 10 years when he sighted.

"Finally... I did it! Humans no longer have to died and face extinction! Ahahahahahahahahaaaa..."

The old man began to laugh, not with the feeling of mocking but filled with relief and happiness.

[Dr. Lance all the data has been sent main CPU. Should I inform all the investors and authorities?]

The metallic voice once again sounded in the laboratory. Lance looked at the screen of his computer. A tiny black cat was staring at him. If he dint had any prior knowledge he would be scared to his death. This tiny cat was the latest artificial intelligence developed by the Earth Federation in a fit to help solve the problem of humanity's survival.

After years of over exploring the natural resources and burning fossil fuels, the world finally decided to end it. With the drastic weather changes like massive floods, destructive tsunamis, earth shaking earthquakes, and many more. Seeing this unforeseen catastrophic events, scientists predicted that the world would be uninhabitable in 25 years. Learning about this, the most powerful countries in the world decided to abolish all the current alliances and enmities to form a global force named Earth Federation. 

With the most powerful countries banding together, most of the other countries didnt have any other option if not joining the newly formed Earth Federation if not they may face military consequences. But some minor countries didnt like to side with the Federation so they completely rejected the idea of integrating into the Earth Federation.

So it began the darkest period of history since the II World War. The Earth Federation began a massive military mobilization and invaded those opposing countries. The keys figures of each country including their families were slaughtered while the Earth Federation nominated someone to take charge of the conquered countries.

This action brought many discontentment in the world population that showed immediate signs of wanting to rebel. The many leaders of the Earth Federation didn't had any choice but to release the news of the impending fate of their planet. The moment this piece of news was released to the world, an unseen wave of panic took over humanity.

Robbery, murders, rapes, massive terrorism acts and appearance of fanatical religions began to occur everywhere in the world. The Earth Federation had many protocols to face this type of situation but they never imagined the dimension that it could take. Only after some years did they managed to solve most of the problems. 

With time passing and the approaching end, the world began to focus in finding some way to survive the apocalypse. They changed their eyes from the planet to out of the planet.

With that thought in mind they began to gather all the top scientist, engineers and all science related personnel. It was only after a short 2 years that they focused on the smartest man in the world, Dr. Lance, the man leading the world in engineering, physics, chemistry and math.

They decided to give that man the authority to form is own team that would have all the financial support they wanted with the only purpose of finding a way to humanity to survive in space.

............

Lance looked at he cat while he remembered the beginning of his trip that led him here.

"Send it! They should know of this to begin the preparations!"

[Affirmative! All the data is being sent to all relevant personnel!]

Lance sat and closed his eyes. In his life he probably didn't feel as happy and tired as today. It was only after a few hours that he heard someone knocking at the door.

He scratched his eyes as he got up to check who was at the door. 

"Who is it?"

"Sergeant William, Sr. Lance! The President sent me here to talk to you about your findings!"

Hearing that it was someone sent by the President, Lance lost all his apprehension, since from the beginning it was only the President that absolute confidence in him.

Right as he opened the door, five man in black suits dashed inside. Lance wasn't expecting anyone besides the Sargent so he couldn't react as the five burly man grabbed in and tossed in to the ground like a rag doll.

He only woke up when he fell face first into the ground. He tried to exert some force to free himself but he as 65 year old man and being immobilized by five burly man it sounded as an futile effort.

He heard a pair of steps approaching him that only stopped when they reached right in front of him. He couldn't look up but when he was about to rage, he heard a voice that made him feel confused and at the same time betrayed.

"Is good to see you again, Lance."

 

 

10