Rebuilding the Uchiha 3
292 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my front door. They'd been knocking off and on for a good solid five minutes. The sun was up just enough to see, but not enough to be morning. I tried not to think about how my day had started, if I started staring into sharigan eyes or a mirror. With a basket full of jars of weird bugs in hand I put on my polite face, two hours of sleep, if they started sending termites I was going to burn the Aburmane forest to the ground. It was good practice finding bugs with chakra, they were like tiny little lights in the night. It helped train my sensory abilities. It was the nice thing about shadow clones, I got to keep most of the improvements my clones made. 

I looked at the two girls, one wearing a dark gray trench coat, with goggles over her eyes in the typical Aburame fashion, the other was wearing a skimpy outfit, with a ninja tool hip bag, on her lower back. She was probably covering up a tramp stamp. I knew who the skimpily dressed girl was, one Mikan Intune, of the seduction corps, goes by Mika Itan. She was civilian born, went by a false name to protect her family from the bad side of being a seduction corps ninja.

“An Aburame, and a seduction corps.” I said looking them over, “You guys have a problem with the police?” what other reason would they be knocking on the police chiefs door at this ungodly hour?

That caught them off guard, so I pushed it, “Or did your little observation group decide to make a move?”

“Esoterically obsessive,” Mika muttered, eyes unfocused as she recalled her notes, “Yes, we are part of the observation group, Ms. Aburame here who hasn't given us her name, wanted her bugs back from last night.”

I held up a random jar of insects, “Knew that already, but I have conditions.” I set it back in the basket.

“Name them and we can discuss.”  the Aburame girl stated flatly. 

I burned one of the jars heating it up and killing all the bugs inside some odd looking spiders, “The bugs stop, I know enough about bugs to know you can send some truly problematic bugs.” I kept stressing the word bug.

The Aburame girl glared, “Then you shouldn't have burned my insects.” beetles started to flow out of her coat.

“This isn't a discussion, this is an explanation, you tell your clan they keep their fucking bugs off my property, away from my house, and I don’t burn their forest to ash.” I said, letting out my killing intent.

She broke out in a cold sweat, it was concentrated on her as the main target. Her body convulsed before she got ahold of herself. Everything around us stopped, the bugs just died. Mika froze, her legs shaking, she fell on her ass, I could hear things clinking in her bag, meant it was poorly packed.

Killing intent was an expression of spiritual energy, one half of chakra. It was common knowledge that chakra was a mix of physical and spiritual energy. You can do all kinds of things with just spiritual energy, Taijutsu relies on the physical energy part of chakra, and it had things like the eight gates, and spirituality had its own techniques to match. 

Everything had a certain amount of spiritual energy, from grass to the birds in the sky. As such most things could somewhat sense other things spirit energy. Letting it loose beyond the body and adding a tinge of desire to kill, voila you get killing intent. Add in killing lots and lots, and that tinge becomes the most potent dye in existence. The killing tinge, as I called it in my head, was grown by killing, attempts counted as well. One could tinge their spiritual energy with just about anything, and engaging in whatever they tinged it with made the effect stronger. 

I pulled it back in, watching as they both started to breathe. I sighed loudly, then let it back out this time tinged with my regular desires. My desire to go back inside and be with Kanna mainly. It had an immediate effect on both of them. Mito came out of the hallway behind me and hit me with a pillow, as I stood over them with my 'happy face' on. She was getting better at her stealth techniques.

“It's too god damn early for this shit, kill them fuck them, just quit screaming it for the whole word to feel.” she yelled.

With that I pulled it back in. 

Mito was naked, her hair still a mess from bed, holding a sheet around herself. Kanna followed her out wearing one of my shirts notably not the one I left in her room, so she had gone to mine and grabbed this one. She wore it like a short dress. Sasuke followed after that, rubbing his eyes, with a glare etched on his face.

“Sasuke, there's breakfast in the kitchen, you want me to have a clone escort you to school?” I asked, changing the subject letting my plans for my intent fall away.

He huffed, and stomped away towards the kitchen, “I’m not a child.” he said. 

I chuckled, “Such a little kid reaction,” he stomped away harder, I turned to Kanna and Mito, “Kanna, Mito, meet Mikan Intune and Shirone Aburame, they’re part of the group that's watching the house.” Everyone reacted to that.

Its not every day your government assigned stalker knocks on the door. I was pretty sure the bags under my eyes where visible, from their hide out, which meant they wanted something.

“Are you the fucker who keeps putting mosquitos in my room?” Mito yelled, marching up on the Aburame.

She shook her head, “I do beetles and dragonflies.” she pointed to the jars in my basket. 

I looked at her, “Any idea who bred mosquitos to only have one or two in an enclosed space?”

She looked between the jars then the house and then settled on me, “I knew a few Root were working on that.”

“So Danzo dies, good to know.” I said.

“Wait what?” Mika interjected as she stood up.

“You ever try to sleep with a single mosquito in your room buzzing around, that will bite you if you don't kill it. Kill one and they come back, I started killing every single one I found in the house.” I explained.

“I’ll talk to the clan head, see what's going on. If it's some new breed that got loose or malicious, before you go killing an elder.” Shirone Aburame said, backing up a tad away from Mito.

I nodded, held out the jars of still living bugs, she looked surprised, “All of them have chakra, not sure which are yours,” she found the jar full of mosquitos. 

“The mosquito samples will help track down who bred them, thank you.” she replied, getting her emotions under control.

She took the jars and placed them in the plethora of pockets in her coat. She kept staring at me then the pile of dead bugs at her feet. I was handing her living gold, what was a the dregs of her swarm to samples of rare and exotic bugs.

“How did you do that?” she asked, looking down at the dead bugs, voicing what she wanted to ask from the second she felt them die.

“Killing intent.”

“And that explains it how?” she asked.

“It doesn’t.”

“Then could you please explain how you just killed my entire swarm, without using any chakra?”

I looked her over, letting my eyes roam over her, noting that she didn't add any bugs back into her body, all of the jars stayed sealed, “You good? Need help removing the dead ones?”

She shook her head, “While rare for the entire swarm to be removed at once, but it does happen, we have tools to help.”

I nodded, “Just don’t let any subdermal ones rot, that’ll lead to all kinds of health problems.”

She nodded awkwardly. I didn't actually know how they did the thing with the bugs, did they have them inside or did they just have them in their coats. I sure didn't know. Mika looked between us, notably rubbing her legs together.

“Do you mind if I come back?’ Mika asked. 

I shrugged and looked at Kanna and Mito. Kanna gave her a once over and shrugged while Mito snorted, and walked back in the direction of her room. Sasuke was in the kitchen chowing down on the food I’d made. One of my clones made. The line was blurry. I made a mental note about terminating clones while the main body slept. I'd made the same note several times over the past two weeks.

Mika nodded and used the Flicker Jutsu to disappear, leaving the Aburame girl standing there leaning to get a better look past me inside the house. She stumbled and composed herself then quickly walked away. I used a simple water Jutsu to wash away the bugs and and a wind one to remove the puddle. I didn't have a lawn per say but I did have some native grasses and a tree in front of my house. Say what one will about an inch thick pile of dead bugs, but it makes good fertilizer. These ones would just attract birds, but at least they were no longer on my stoop.

I stood there, looking out from my door, a few Genin ran around carrying ruble, teenagers racing each other. They reminded me of Might Guy, and Might Duy, they used to run early in the mornings carry the weirdest things. What a way to start the day, two highly trained ninja showing up to ‘talk’. I’d already seen both of their files, perks of being the police chief. Made me glad I beat Fugaku for it. I was mainly motivated by desire to have competent police in the village at the time.

As part of my attempts to avert the massacre, I made policies to have a certain number of police officers always out of the compound and working in the police headquarters, day or night it didn't matter. Can’t kill them all in a single night if they never group up for it. Just more proof the village higher ups were in on it.

The fact they had two groups of Jonins watching me at all times spoke of how much they feared my reaction. They knew I'd do something. There was always at least one Anbu watching me. I smirked thinking about what was already underway. It was a big toothy smile, too forced to look natural. The two Genin looked over at me and ran faster.

Summoning contract scrolls are one of those useless things ninja never steal. Attempting to make a summoning contract through a stolen contract scroll was a good way to wind up dead. The fact it killed most did not mean it killed them all though. 

They conveniently forgot the Uchiha clan had several summons. I smiled as I felt my connection to the rats tunneling under the houses of several of the government officials. I felt my connection to the crows watching the village, to the owls sleeping in the woods, to the cats hunting everywhere. 

Gun powder, specifically black powder, is pretty easy to make. Nice thing about it, no chakra. Mixed with powdered metals, among other things and I got a nice big house vaporizing weapon.

They would die, suffering wasn’t needed. I needed them to fear me. I figured what's scarier, an enemy who takes time and makes complicated plans to hurt someone, or a silent efficient one on your trail. They'd see the end results but I'd make sure they never got even a whiff of what went into making it happen.

Kanna grabbed me from behind, breaking me out of my thoughts, “Did you mean it when you said you’d burn down their forest?”

“There are bugs, so dangerous, they could kill the entire village. There are bugs that’ll cause your immune system to kill you. If the Aburame want to play this game they will die.”

She licked my ear, “You made me horny, so you take responsibility.”

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I relieved my clone, letting it pop itself. I made sure not to think about how my day started, just what I had to do. After a minute perusing through the new memories from my clone, I understood why it had called me over. I made another clone and sent it out to patrol. A Jonin had connections to Root, used their Genin pupils to gain access to police reports. In a sense Root spies, and some of the people responsible for the massacre.

People were catching on to there being so many police chiefs running around. My latest clone was going to let it slip that it was a clone to some civilians, specifically some blacksmiths that made ninja tools, for the Shimura clan. Helping that image that I was doing everything I could do to keep them safe, That I was spread thin keeping the peace. It would also take attention away from what other things I was going to do. A clone at their personal smiths place.

I popped a soldier pill, helping to refill my chakra, and got into position. The door burst down and flew right past me. I grabbed the ninja who tried to run past me. I slammed them into the ground, they coughed up blood trying to breathe, as I looked up at the rest of the group. The two police shinobi coming up behind them, the spy leader Jonin, and their team. He had a Fuma, a civilian born, and a Nekomata, learning under him, both had family in police.

The five of them looked at me, then the Genin I stood over, and froze. I kicked the Genin hard enough they flew right at the Jonin. If a medic got to them soon enough they’d survive. 

The Jonin caught their pupil as I spoke, “You know, you had to know I’d sniff you out, That I would find out you were sending information to Danzo, and Root.” My intent was spilling out, bubbling over as I imagined what I was going to do to them.

The Jonin grunted, as he set down the Genin who was barely breathing. One of the officers recognized the one on the ground and gasped. I stretched my arms, giving them time to try and run.

“You knew I would hunt you down, for being even associated with the people who killed my clan, my family. Yet here you are, trying to get more information to Danzo, using the relations of your pupils, disgusting.” I said as I walked towards them. 

The police officers looked at me, then at them. Their faces changing from shock to disgust. The Genins stared in fear. The officers fell back into the analytical mode I had them trained for, always better to be cautious where a powerful ninja was involved.

“What, nothing to defend yourself, no my boss will get you for this?” I asked, narrative was a hard thing to control, so much effort to keep their eyes right where I wanted them.

“The Uchiha were planning a rebellion against the Hokage,” he yelled, “they needed to die for the will of fire to prosper.”

I nodded, “Yeah Fugaku was planning one, more of a swift coup to be honest, his plan boiled down to killing Danzo, Hiruzen, and a few others, and making a bid for Hokage in the chaos that followed. Shit plan to be honest, the majority of the clan was against it. They planned to use a Genjutsu that would cause them to have heart attacks. Problem is only like thirty people knew about it, and like five of us can use it.” My chakra shot out along my line of sight from my eyes to his. 

His heart started beating faster and faster. He keeled over dead. His heart had stopped, it was a tricky Genjutsu, it had no official name. First it matched his heartbeat to mine then sped both of ours up. After a second of that it stopped speeding up mine and only did the targets. Then it stopped the signal to tell their heart to beat.

I was huffing out of breath, it looked like I had used a huge chunk of my chakra. I let my skin become clammy. I stood up still breathing heavily. It was a hard Jutsu to pull off, not because of the chakra needed but because of the skill. I bypassed that by speeding up my perception of time, but it was better if people thought it was very chakra intense.

“Take the corpse to the Nekomata and Yamanaka Information Ninjas in the basement, she’ll know what to do. They’ll be waiting for you.” I said to the two officers.

They were older, old enough to have learned of the warring states period from people who lived it. Both of them hailed from allied clans. odds were we had been in the same battle fields in the third war.

They nodded, “Get somebody down there with the memory drugs and take the Genin too, make them forget the entire week if you can, if not a year is acceptable.”

They were looking at me, as I leaned against a wall, “What?” I asked as all of them stared at me “Oh get a medic for that one, I kicked him pretty hard, he should survive, but make sure he gets the memory treatment too.”

It took me a second to realize something was behind me, looking back, there was an Anbu, the act stopped. I snapped to attention ,pulling on my chakra, slamming my physical and spiritual energies together.

They tensed ready to run, “Run and I will track down you entire fucking bloodline and eradicate it.” I threatened.

They relaxed, giving me compliant body language, “Mask off.” I commanded.

They dropped the animal mask, showing a cloth face covering underneath it, and then promptly died. It took me several minutes to stop cursing up a storm. It would have been pretty hard to fake my outrage at being cheated out of information. In that time the police officers had subdued the Genin and taken them away. The Anbu was a Root operative. I moved them to a dissection room, and stripped them, then copied down the seals on their body. The whole time another officer watched and verified. From the ones on their tongue to the ones in their skull, even the one above their groin, I wrote up a full report. Their brain was mush in their skull. I sent it out, and requested another team verify my work. Along with that, I requested a full autopsy on the Jonin I killed. The Root operative was to never be out of line of sight of a officer until they had been autopsied. 

When I was done I felt an influx of information. One of the criminals I was apprehending popped one of my clones. I made three more to track them down, and put out a description of them. It wasn't ten minutes later she was locked up. A retired Jonin, had her fingers broken and couldn't do hand signs anymore; didn't want to put in the work to do Jutsu without them. She became muscle for hire for the more shady side of the village.

I was going to celebrate when the current batch of recruits graduated and I didn't need to patrol everywhere. With the clones I lived the same day too many times. There where entire classes of nothing but Fuma clan ninja. I knew somebody had to step up, I could fill the gap for only so long. I'd tried to diversify the police while I was in charge, but it looked like it came back around and bit me. It opened the departments up to less than savory individuals. Quite a few corrupt officers were silently disappearing, while put on patrol.

I had several versions of myself writing reports. I had to write so many papers to keep everything going. Paper work was just one of those things that had to be done. One of the many changes I made when I took over, mandatory reports after every patrol. It might of had something to do with me owning a paper production plant.

As the 'ninja police' we had to investigate even Anbu agents from time to time. Operational security was a big thing when I had highly trained ninjas trying to steal files about people from me. When I had officers looking into highly trained killing machines. The reports used to get filed in triplicate, sometimes as many as ten copies for across departments, anybody could get a copy. Now I just typed what was written up and printed out four copies. I had summons run them to where they went in the filing rooms. Some of the rooms were only accessible by summons. 

It was technically possible to get there physically. I remembered the spacetime summoning platform I placed in each of the hidden rooms. If one was willing to tunnel they could make it. Watching the bipedal animals run off was kinda funny, in a cutesy child like way. All of them were wearing backpacks full of paper, wearing their cute little outfits, not a one of them taller than three foot.

The outfits brought my mind to who made said outfits, the older Uchihas, retired shinobi, and that brought me back to reality. Back to walking down blood soaked streets, ash in the air searching for even a single living soul.  Running fast as I could from body to body. It brought me to the regret of not bringing Jangum back, he might of been a pain and a fuck up, but he would have been alive. I sat there for several minutes with dark thoughts revolving in my mind. It landed on having more rats in the Shimura compound. I summoned a cat summon, and a clone.

I quickly had the cat and several others bring the clone live rats, that said clone put under Genjutsu, having them head to the Shimura compound. It would hide the summoned rats better. It would also give the cats summoned there something to hunt and kill, making their act better and less dependent on the rat summons going along with it.

I left the police morgue, and got back to patrolling the village. The puppet clone Jutsu was coming along nicely from what I gathered through my connection to that research clone. That shadow clone had already managed to get earth clones who didn't disappear when struck and transferred the knowledge back when they ran out of chakra. Now it was just building a body that took less chakra. Random rocks and dirt didn't make for a very efficient clone. It was currently making a puppet with simulated chakra pathways, out of chakra metal wires. 

Part of the reason shadow clones popped was that, they were technically just blobs of chakra with hardened chakra membranes. Hopefully with good puppets they wouldn't pop, just the outer appearance might distort. Make them from iron wood and they wouldn’t just up and break if some random Ninja punched them. Tough, durable, and expendable bodies for the police to throw at possibly lethal situations.

The weakness of Shadow Clones was becoming a problem as it got out that I had clones out and about. I started sending earth clones, well my shadow clones did, and then stealthily followed them. I started making my newly dubbed Shade-Earth clones, horribly inefficient, but tons better than a Shadow Clone, they didn't break with a single hit. I was going to have human shaped piles of dirt wherever they ran out of chakra now. I picked a lot I knew was vacant and designated it the spot for them to terminate themselves. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

By the end of the day the lot had several statues, all making a variety of poses. One of my Shade-Earth clones went off the rails and made it into a sorta park. Hardening the dirt and making paths with benches to sit on. That instance of me went out and bought seeds and a fruit trees and planted them. Another clone made sure the paperwork was in order and bought the lot, near the edge of the village. Another one wired it up with some lights. By the end of the day there was a park, it was technically a stipulation of my buying it. It was not to become a ninja only zone. It wouldn't be a regular park but civilians would be aloud to go through it. The statues of me making poses at the edge of the village, would become a tourist attraction with time. It even had a sign ‘The police earth clone disposal park.’ with a smaller sign under it ‘make a pose to be remembered by’.

I understood it better when several of them terminated all at once. It satisfied my need to be remembered. Even if every iteration of myself knew the memories would go back to the original, having the statue was just too good to pass up.

The early ones for that day lined up, making the hand signs for a very simple, not even ranked Jutsu, that made a ball of light. It also had a sign explaining what it was and the small risks. It drew practically no chakra, but it did draw some. It said children under three were not to try it.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

I am an instance of Kaze Uchiha, made through the use of the Shade-Earth Jutsu. I looked back at my creator a single part of me wondered if it was the original, the prime me, or just another clone. Then a single Genjutsu implanted the instructions for me to follow the duration of my summoning. 

I started patrolling, a plainclothes Anbu elbowed me, so I elbowed them back. I felt part of my body crumble where they had hit me, so I took a minute to harden my earthen body. Interlocking plates of stone for skin under the illusion of humanity I wore. I wasn't a person if I thought about it logically, I was just a chakra given thought. Yet how was energy capable of thought anything but life.

Some people just couldn't do clones, they would fight or self terminate upon completion of the Jutsu. They would find out they were a copy and couldn't handle that. I am a weirdly eldritch abomination against nature, not exactly a copy. The original of me, the prime, was close to being unable to do it, we wouldn't go do some tedious crap, then again knowing myself and by proxy the original, he’d just overpower the clone with a Genjutsu to make them do it. That might have been why he Genjutsu-ed the instructions into every clone.

I finished up my tasks with no problems, I even ate some food. Threw my Anbu escort way off, they started muttering into an earpiece about having the original. I made my way to the park, and regurgitated the chewed up mush into a trashcan. Then rinsed myself out with a simple application of water chakra. I didn't want my statue reek of rotted food, be be at risk of exploding from gas build up.

The park reminded me of a lifetime ago. That was a nice touch from another me. There were open top trash cans that were easily stackable and washable. The local sanitation people wouldn’t like the extra work, that a park appearing would make, but they would appreciate how easy it was. They wouldn't have to go over every nook and cranny looking for litter.

I looked at the statues of the Light ball Jutsu in the center of the park, and decided how I was going to be remembered. I found one of the full grown transplanted trees and sat down at its base. I made a stack of detailed books out of rock, and sat down with my back to the tree like I was reading the stone book in my hands. I wasn't sure what having a rock that close to the tree would do to it, but I didn't think anything more of it as I transferred all my remaining chakra into the tree.

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

The Anbu agent looked around the massive park the clones of the Target made, it was a known side effect for clones to go awol to make sure they were remembered. This went beyond most of them, most of them did something to be remembered by acted out, or were loud, or wrote ‘I was here’ on stuff. This, they built a monument to themselves. Throughout the day more and more of them had approached the vacant plot of land, a rather large area and never came out. It used to be a farm a long time ago, one of those places where the owner refused to sell it till they died. The village was trying to figure out what to do with it, and how to deal with the owner. The official plan was to make it into a ninja training ground after he died.

It really was a nice park with lamp posts and benches, even an area to safely light fires for BBQ. The civilians would enjoy it, if the Anbu weren't about to destroy it.

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Mika was there when I got back, sitting on the stoop, my biological cloning research clone sitting next to her reading a book on cellular structures, and pregnancy. 

She looked up at me and squinted, “Too much chakra to be a clone.” she said.

I nodded, “Fair guess.” and popped myself, as one of the original shadow clones from the morning, I left nothing behind, lucky assholes get a park.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

When my clone out front of my house popped itself, I knew I had problems. Its last thought was how lucky the other clones were. I had found out once the clone of myself completed the task they were assigned they used their remaining time however they wanted, shortly after learning the Shadow Clone Jutsu. I didn't bother trying to correct the behavior. It worked as a little incentive to complete the tasks with minimal chakra, for myself and my clones.

I stepped out of the house, Mika was glaring at a research clone. I looked at her and walked away.  I made my way to the park.

Seeing Anbu destroying what I spent, well my clones spent hours and hours of time on, and lots of money. I snapped, through the connections I had with my clones a message was sent out. All of my clones converged. There were easily a hundred of me, most of them made out of dirt and stone.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hiruzen looked at the report on his desk, The Chief of Police, had made a park. The Anbu had taken it upon themselves to erase the evidence of his clones. Then over a hundred clones of himself slowed up and beat the shit out of them. They then fixed the park back up, and left a monument, made from the bodies of the surviving clones. All the while there where other clones still patrolling and going about their day. Anbu was spending a considerable amount of resources to watch him, but they where managing.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose, that's why the Shadow Clone Jutsu was forbidden. At least his clones weren’t killing people. He looked at the numbers again, over three hundred Anbu in the hospital. A lot of zeros in how much it cost them. The analysts said it was a good thing overall, it would remind other villages they still had some scary Uchiha. It would also lower crime, finding out just how many instances of the police chief were running around. There where near three hundred clones running around.

He looked at a different report, Kaze was eating soldier pills like candy, to keep up the clone numbers. Or he was stockpiling them. Both were problematic. Stockpiling them less so. If he was just stockpiling them then there was time to find out what for and create countermeasures. If he was eating them, then most of his chakra was going somewhere else, and they had no idea to what.

Probably Edo Tensei research, when he thought about it. It made a lot of sense. Then it hit him, shadow clones became smoke, he was using earth clones. Rock clones. He felt like a fool. It made sense, the Earth Clone Jutsu was a combat Jutsu, it made sense in a non combat situation they would act out.

The park was harmless enough, and no Anbu died this time. He signed off on it. It wasn't a training ground, but it would only be there till they managed to get rid of Kaze.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

Mika watched as the research clone got up and ran off full speed. In barely a blink of an eye it was gone. Its books tossed aside. Then four more barreled out of the house, saying stuff about a park and killing those Anbu scum… she waited for an hour with nothing before getting up.

Eccentric, and esoterically obsessive, she started to see why so many passed this mission over even given the more than generous rewards. It had the rewards of several S ranked seduction missions, but she was starting to think it had the difficulty to match. She regretted not reading the full dossier, but money.

She took a deep breath, centered herself, if approaching the target directly wouldn't work she would approach the others living with him. Sasuke was too young, approaching him would damage her chances. Mito barely left their in house training yard, so Kanna it was.

She pulled out her notes, and looked at Kanna’s schedule. She wasn't out for nursery supplies, or grocery shopping for another couple of days, based on what she had done the last couple of weeks. She always left at the end of the week to get supplies. That was good, it gave her time to prepare.

She held her fist in front of herself and looked up, she would seduce Kanna and then seduce Kaze. She only had another week to do both, but she wound manage it. She was a Jonin, she was a proud kunoichi of the Leaf. She had this in the bag. She left with a pep in her step as she planned what she would wear when she 'accidently' bumped into Kanna while she was out shopping. It would have to be something less revealing, but still hold with the theme. She was thinking of a kusari top with actual pants. Or maybe a Jonin vest with actual pants. Her shorts were riding up. That clone never even gave her a once over. Maybe she would mimic whatever Kanna wore around the house. It would give her a conversation topic, and subconsciously associate her with Kanna in the Target's mind.

She made her way back to the house the observation group were living in, just the other side of the Uchiha compound walls. It was two different Hyuga, another Aburame, and the summoning specialist. The summoning specialist was glaring at a bird who refused to fly. It was the same as the day before, none of her summons would approach the house.

She understood, after hearing what the clone was muttering under its breath, she didn't want to go either, but obscene amounts of money. The village promised to pay her the same amount each month for six months if she managed it. Imaging the zeros in her bank account she smiled.

“What you smiling for, you just sat outside with a clone all day?” one of the Hyuga asked.

“OH, nothing just how much money I’m going to make.” she looked to the summoner to change the subject, “So any luck getting a summon to spy on him?”

“Nothing has worked so far. I’ve tried just about every summon I could get my hands on, the closest I got was an owl willing to do a nighttime flyover for some fish, like a lot of fish.”

“Oh that's good, some progress at least. How about you Aburame? Any luck with the bugs?”

“Nope. Shirone let me know what happened with her, I have my bugs ready at the edge of the property, and not one step closer. The Clan leader says not to do anything rash for now and just wait and see.”

The afternoon Anbu spoke, “I think they are going to pull the Aburame clan out of this, has too much risk of making us run foul of the Target.”

Mika looked at her, “He already knows we’re watching him.”

“That he does, doesn't mean we can’t get valuable intel out of this.”

Mika thought for a second, on why exactly they would spend so much money on this, “Any idea what the Intel is going towards?”

Anbu shook her head, “Not my place to ask, and speculation is useless.”

“But if you had to speculate, do you think I’ll get the full six months out of this mission?”

“No, you’ve met with the target once in the past week you've been observing him, and were made instantly.”

“I mean is this mission going to last?”

“Probably, the Hokage gave the Target two unidentified forbidden Jutsu. Both have side effects that may result in a need to terminate the target.” she froze and whispered, “Shit wasn't supposed to say anything.”

“That have anything to do with the clones I’ve seen running around all day.” one of the Hyuga asked.

The afternoon Anbu shook her head, “I am not privy to which Jutsu he has been given, only that it is expected for more bodies to exit then to enter the house.”

“So yes, ‘it does have something to do with the clones’ is what you mean.” The Hyuga shot back.

“So what he got some S ranked forbidden Jutsu for surviving his clan? He was probably in league with that Itachi creep.” the summoning girl said, still glaring at the bird as it walked.

The two Hyugas looked at her like she was stupid. Mika just walked past her into the sleeping quarters, she didn't have the energy to deal with that right then. She had an outfit to pick, and plans to make. The Aburame girl ignored her. Afternoon Anbu made a note to have the summoning girl replaced, and checked off creating a ditzy idea of herself in their heads. Ditzy was easier to get along with than cold hearted and practical.

Morning Anbu was doing something similar. If they were going to live together for six or more months they needed to get along. All of them had been taught to mimic speech patterns to endear themselves to the group quickly.

She was glad she was part of the house watching team, and not the keep track of the police chief team. She got to sit there and make sure the rest of them played nice. In the first couple of days after the massacre, the Target would find the Anbu following him and beat the ever loving shit out of them. Gods above help them if he caught them lacking, whatever that meant beyond a harder beat down.

The Anbu were rapidly winding up in the hospital, and stressed over having to do police work. She envied those who got the coveted missions outside the village. What she wouldn't give to be reinforcing the border instead of waiting for the Target to bust down the door and beat them all half to death. 

If he knew what the Hyuga were watching, what they took note of, it probably would anger him enough to kill them. She sure as hell would be if she found out they were compiling a note book on how good she was at sex. That wasn't asked for in any of the dossiers, they were just weird like that. According to what she peaked from their notes, he had good thrust technique whatever that meant.

She was a pretty sure seduction girl, hadn't read the dossiers at least not all of it, and that the Hyuga did this kind of stuff way too often. Summoning girl one hundred percent didn't read hers, and was going about her job the wrong way. She was supposed to try and summon the same exact summons he had and learn things from them. She had made contracts with some of the same summoning groups as the target, it was the only reason such an inexperienced ninja was on the mission with them.

The Aburame tried, they really did, but she noted down outside interference as the reason for their failure. Noted it was likely Root who did so, in her daily report for the Hokage. The mosquitos were likely trained to only leave a few out when large creatures inhabited a space. Rudimentary but it would help a trained Aburame keep track of who was where in the house.

With Root also watching that brought it up to four groups watching the Target. Her group, the other Anbu group who kept track when he was on the move, Root, and the civilian group. The civilians had people watching him, as he now owned most of the Uchiha assets. He had split a certain amount with the other survivors. They where possibly watching on orders of the Daimyo, but that was above her clearance.

She recalled exactly how rich the Target was now; if he could keep most of his new income streams operational, he would be a very wealthy man for a very long time. Several of the training grounds around the village were owned by the Uchiha, along with several mines all around the Land of Fire. He even personally owned a paper production plant, one of several things he created before the massacre. It produced cheap quality paper, her dossier was printed on paper from that production facility. They also owned a typewriter company. The Uchiha were the face of the movement away from scrolls to standard sized paper, in the ninja world. They still produced typewriters that worked with scrolls though.

That much money was enough for her to start thinking about if Anbu was right for her, rumors were, he was looking to expand the clan the old fashion way. She knew there were very few ways out of the ninja life, and she was getting older. Marry into a clan and have lots of little clan babies. Take enough missions and save enough to retire, which was near impossible. Get too old and get a state stipend, or die. She knew she should be capable of just up and joining civilian life, but she’d never heard of anybody successfully doing it, they always got a itch and went rouge or became bandits or something. Then again Anbu was not conductive to having any sort of social life, for all she knew, those people just ran in completely deferent social circles than her.

She went back over the numbers, the seduction corps girl was going to make ten times what she would make on the entire six month mission in a single month. Granted the target might just kill her if she messed up, and she’d likely have to get pregnant to survive the mission. But god damn that much money to just spread her legs for somebody who was actively looking to have sex. If she pulled it off that girl was going to make more money then the entire rest of the group. All that on top of being set for life, if she popped out an Uchiha baby.  

After a bit she came up with a number she needed to earn to retire, and she'd have to do this mission over ten times to reach it. Being a Ninja was not cheap, she had no clan infostructure to back her, it was part of why she was picked for this mission. Anbu subsidized a fair amount of the cost, but over all it wasn't that much. A ninja's largest expense buy and large was food, across all levels. she knew Jonin capable of eating more than their body weight in a sitting. Very few ate that much not even the Akimichi who were known for eating, ate that much regularly. Most ninja ate chakra rich food, and that was not cheap. Second was supplies in general everything from kunia to Jutsu, and third was housing. 

The money just kept draining away, if she wanted to stay alive and keep doing missions, she had to book training grounds to hone her skills, and hire tutors for new Jutsu. That was on top of keeping a place to live, eating chakra rich food, and trying to keep up a social life. She missed when life was simple and she worked in the Genin corps. When she didn't have to worry about keeping in optimal mission ready shape. She just didn't want to be the next Might Duy or Kosuke Muruboshi, the eternal Genin, working there till she was an old lady. It was full of older civilian born Genin, working till they died. Might Duy stood out for turning down a few promotions. Kosuke made money tutoring other Genin, she'd taken sword lessons under him years before. The Genin corps were a death trap if you stayed too long.

Mika was going to make more in six months than she was going to make in the next five years. This was a vacation mission for the Hyuga, a reward. There was another seduction corps Kunoichi on the mission but she opted to do her own recon, making the same money as Mika. She looked at her report, situational paper work, stuff hoisted off on the Chunin usually. She glanced at the door, wondering when it was going to come flying off its hinges. When one of these ninja where going to run foul of the target. The Root team almost made it happen.

The worst part by far of this mission was the boredom. She couldn't actually sense the Target, it was just a hurry up and wait situation. it took less than half an hour to write her report and send it off, and for the rest of her twelve hour shift she had nothing to do. She had orders from on high, to not interfere with the others beyond collection of information. They all had to be Jonins, the ninja phycological experts said the target was likely to kill everyone but the lowest ranked ninja if they ran foul of him. 

13